List of Art Center College of Design people
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Film and graduate broadcast cinema
- Saman Kesh, Director, Film and Music videos
- Jon Jon Augustavo, Music video and Film director
- Roger Avary, Academy Award-winning co-writer of Pulp Fiction.
- Michael Bay, film director.
- Ryan Church, concept designer.
- Larry Fong, Cinematographer.
- Dave Goelz, puppeteer
- Shelly Johnson, cinematographer (Jurassic Park III).
- Irvin Kershner, film director.
- Ralph McQuarrie, conceptual designer and futurist (Star Wars).
- Syd Mead, concept artist and industrial designer.
- Robert A. Nakamura, film director, co-founder of Visual Communications (VC), teacher.
- John Pomeroy animator.
- Matthew Rolston, photographer and director.
- Dan Santat, author, illustrator, creator of Disney's The Replacements.
- Tarsem Singh, film director.
- Zack Snyder, film director.
- Patrice Stellest, environmental artist and filmmaker.
- Miles Teves, artist and conceptual designer.
- Jami, film director from Pakistan
- Mark Whiting, writer and director. Production designer with Warner Bros, The Iron Giant.
Fine art and graduate art
- Casey Weldon (artist), American painter.
- Doug Aitken, multimedia artist.
- Clayton Brothers, American painters.
- Tom Christopher, American painter.
- Lindsay Dawson, American painter.
- Eyvind Earle, fine art painter.
- James Gurney, illustrator and painter.
- Thomas Kinkade, American painter.
- Dennis Mukai, American artist.
- Craig Mullins, concept artist and painter.
- Bob Peak, American illustrator.
- Mark Ryden, fine art painter.
- Stan Sakai, comic book artist.
- Ken Shutt, American sculptor.
- Jennifer Steinkamp, installation artist.
- Patrice Stellest, environmental and installation artist.
- Jeff Soto, fine art painter.
- Jack Wemp, fine art Painter.
- Charles Wysocki, American painter.
- Joseph Watson conceptual design
- Stefan G. Bucher, graphic designer
- Joe Hahn, DJ for Linkin Park
- Teddy Lo, Hong Kong-based LED artist
- Alvin Lustig, graphic designer
- Clement Mok, graphic designer
- Mike Shinoda, MC for Linkin Park
- Rebeca Mendez, graphic designer
- Marc Burckhardt, illustrator.
- James Conahan, illustrator.
- Allison Krumwiede, illustrator.
- Rafael López, illustrator and artist.
- Kim Lebens, illustrator.
- Richard MacDonald, figurative sculptor.
- Tara McPherson, illustrator, fine artist.
- Marc Remus, illustrator.
- Barron Storey, illustrator.
- Drew Struzan, illustrator.
- Michael Whelan, American artist of imaginative realism.
- Joseph Watson, co-creator and illustrator for Go Go Greta. Conceptual designer and toy design for Mattel.
Photography and imaging
E. Wess Bramlitt
- Chris Callis
- Howell Conant, fashion photographer associated with Grace Kelly
- Ron Galella
- Melodie McDaniel
- Co Rentmeester
- Matthew Rolston
- Suza Scalora
- Hiroshi Sugimoto
- Charlie White
- Penny Wolin
- Dean Karr
- Jeffrey Jones
- Frank Nuovo, Chief of Design at Nokia.
- Joe Doucet, designer.
- Yves Béhar, the founder of Fuseproject.
- Stephan Ango and Jesse Genet, founders of Lumi.
- David McDonald, Former Opel Design, current Vice President Advanced Concept Teams
- Chris Bangle, former Chief of Design at BMW.
- Harald Belker, automobile designer, designed vehicles for Batman & Robin and Minority Report.
- Luciano Bove, automotive designer, R&D design manager at Renault, former designer at Fiat.
- Gordon Buehrig, automobile designer.
- Wayne Cherry, former Vice President of global design at General Motors.
- Dilip Chhabria, Indian automotive designer.
- John Chun, automotive designer
- Willie G. Davidson, Vice President of Styling at Harley-Davidson.
- Henrik Fisker, automotive designer.
- Chip Foose, automotive designer.
- Miguel Angel Galluzzi, Chief Designer Piaggio Group, Ducati Monster.
- Greg M Greeson, automotive designer with Opel, VW, IAD, GRIDdesign.
- Franz von Holzhausen, automotive designer with Tesla Motors.
- Kang Won-kyu, automotive designer with BMW.
- Kim Jin-won, designer at CALTY.
- Hubert Lee, design director of Mercedes-Benz Advanced Design Center: Beijing.
- Géza Lóczi: Director of Design at Volvo Monitoring Concept Center
- J Mays, automotive designer.
- Charles Pelly, industrial designer; founder of DesignworksUSA.
- Nick Pugh, automotive designer, artist.
- Scott Robertson, concept artist (Minority Report) and industrial designer.
- Larry Shinoda, automotive designer, best known for his work on the Chevrolet Corvette and Ford Mustang.
- Frank Stephenson, award winning automobile designer, best known for his design of the Mini Hatch, and design work at Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and McLaren.
- Jeff Teague, former global Vice President of Design of the Ford Motor Company.
- Richard A. Teague, Vice President of Design, American Motors Corporation (AMC).
- Jack Telnack, former Vice President of Global Design of the Ford Motor Company.
- Freeman Thomas, automobile designer.
- Gerald Wiegert, automobile designer.
- Damien Basset, Motorcycle Designer honda Group, Ducati Streetfighter, Ducati Monster 1200, Brp, Can-Am F3
- Pontus Fontaeus, former Design Director of Interior Design, Volvo Car Corporation
- Michael M Warsaw, Chief Designer
- Yves Behar, founder Fuseproject.
- Joe Doucet, industrial designer.
- Kenji Ekuan, industrial designer, best known for creating the design of the Kikkoman soy sauce bottle
- Nolen Niu, industrial designer.
- Satyendra Pakhale, industrial designer.
- David Stollery, actor and industrial designer.
- Ansel Adams
- Affonso Beato
- Edward Biberman
- Allen Daviau
- Craig Elliott
- Amy Gerstler
- Jeremy Gilbert-Rolfe
- Burne Hogarth
- Tim Huntzinger
- Mike Kelley
- Ross LaManna
- Rebeca Mendez
- Ken Okuyama
- Bob Peterson
- Scott Robertson
- Ian Stendal
- Diana Thater
- Mayo Thompson
- Lloyd Walker
- Lynda Weinman
- Kent Williams
- Doyald Young
- "Roger Avary". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- http://www.michaelbay.com/archives/site/99/bio.html. Missing or empty
- "Stellest Genesis on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. 2011-09-13. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Interview with Mark Whiting". Animation Artist Magazine. 2000. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Mukai, Dennis. "Dennis Mukai Fine Art". Robert Berman Gallery. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Mukai, Dennis (February 1990). "Playboy is proud to present a portfolio of paintings by its renowned contributing artist Dennis Mukai". Playboy: 1.
- "Dennis Mukai Retrospective Show". Just Looking Gallery. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "STELLEST’s Official Blog | Stellest's Blog". Stellenews. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Heller, Steven; Lustig Cohen, Elaine. Born Modern: The Life and Design of Alvin Lustig. p. 25. ISBN 978-0-8118-6127-4.
- "Interview: Chris Bangle, BMW's Design Chief, page 1". Motor Trend. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- Biography from www.haraldbelker.com[dead link]
- Ernst, Kurt (2013-07-08). "Former Shelby American designer John Chun dies at age 84". Hemmings Daily. Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- "Bringing the xB". Automotive Design and Production. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- "Bio of Géza Lóczi". Autoweb.com.au. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Chuck Pelly, "A Word from Chuck Pelly, Founder DesignworksUSA", BMW group designworksUSA, June 10, 2007. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- "Frank Stephenson to head Alfa Romeo styling centre". Duemotori.com. 1959-10-03. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Design World Mourns the Loss of Kenji Ekuan". Retrieved February 11, 2015.
- "Market Talent: Ideas Take Shape". Interior Design Magazine. July 1, 2008. Retrieved 2010-02-23.