List of tornadoes and tornado outbreaks in Asia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Asian tornadoes and tornado outbreaks)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
Parent article: List of tornadoes and tornado outbreaks
|Calcutta, India tornado||April 8, 1838||Calcutta, India||-||215|||
|Miyazaki, Japan tornado||September 26, 1881||Miyazaki, Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan||≥1||16||Deadliest Japanese tornado; destroyed Miyazaki Elementary School|||
|Yodobashi Town, Japan tornado||September 23, 1903||Yodobashi Town, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan||≥1||10||14||Struck an elementary school in Toyotoma County|||
|Toyohashi City, Japan tornado||November 28, 1941||Toyohashi City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan||≥1||12||177||347 houses completely destroyed or heavily damaged|||
|Serangoon, Singapore tornado||November 2, 1950||Singapore||7|||
|Tomiye City, Japan tornado||November 10, 1957||Tomiye City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan||≥1||6||8|||
|Azuma village, Japan tornado||July 2, 1962||Aruma village, Chiba Prefecture, Japan||≥1||2|||
|Hamamatsu, Japan tornado||August 26, 1962||Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture. Japan||≥1||None||168 houses severely damaged|||
|Assam, India tornado||April 19, 1963||Assam, India||-||139|||
|Magura-Narail Districts, Bangladesh tornado||April 11, 1964||Khulna Division, Bangladesh||-||>500|||
|Tokyo, Japan tornado||May 24, 1964||Southwestern Tokyo, Japan||-||480 houses damaged|||
|Ooami-Shirasato town, Japan tornado||October 28, 1967||Ooami-Shirasato town, Chiba Prefecture, Japan||≥1||2|||
|Macabebe — Masantol, Philippines tornado||June 13, 1968||Philippines||-||12|||
|Bangladesh tornadoes of April 1969||April 14, 1969||Bangladesh||≥2||923|||
|Sashima town, Japan tornado||August 23, 1969||Sashima town, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan||≥1||2||107|||
|Dhaka District, Bangladesh tornado||April 17, 1973||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||-||681|||
|Madaripur-Shibchar, Bangladesh tornado||April 1, 1977||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||-||500|||
|Japan tornado||February 28, 1978||Japan||≥1||None||Longest path length Japanese tornado at 41.2 km (25.6 mi)|||
|New Delhi, India tornado of March 1978||March 17, 1978||National Capital Region, India||-||28||700|||
|Odisha, India tornado||April 10, 1978||Odisha, India||-||150|||
|Hachirohgata village, Japan tornado||January 11, 1987||Hachirohgata village, Akita Prefecture, Japan||≥1||None||Longest duration Japanese tornado at 41 minutes|||
|Daulatpur–Saturia tornado||April 26, 1989||Barisal Division, Bangladesh||F5||-||>1300||1.5 mile wide, deadliest tornado in world history|||
|Myanmar / Burma tornado||May 15, 1990||Myanmar / Burma||1||28||Passenger train derailed|||
|Southern Philippines tornado||June 14, 1990||Southern Philippines||-||30|||
|Mobara, Japan tornado||December 11, 1990||Mobara, Chiba Prefecture, Japan||78||Violent tornado damaged 1000 homes, 82 completely destroyed|||
|West Bengal, India tornado||April 9, 1993||West Bengal, India||-||145||"/>|
|Southern Philippines tornado||July 2, 1994||Southern Philippines||-||2-13|||
|San Fernando, Philippines tornado||October 16, 1994||Philippines||3|||
|Southern Philippines tornado||November 29, 1994||Southern Philippines||-||14|||
|Guizhou Province, China tornado||April 19, 1995||Guizhou Province, China||-||37|||
|Jamalpur-Tangail Districts, Bangladesh tornado||May 13, 1996||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||-||700|||
|Central Vietnam tornado||September 23, 1997||Central Vietnam||-||4|||
|West Bengal–Odisha, India tornado||March 24, 1998||West Bengal and Odisha, India||160||2000|||
|Toyohashi City, Japan tornadoes||September 24, 1999||Toyohashi City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan||4||F3|||
|Tiền Giang, Vietnam tornadoes||August 23, 2000||Tiền Giang, Vietnam||2||1||77|||
|Savar and Gazipur Districts, Bangladesh tornado||September 19, 2000||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||2||2||5|||
|Bhalwal, Pakistan tornado||March 28, 2001||Bhalwal, Pakistan||-||3|||
|Nobeoka, Miyazaki, Japan tornado||September 18, 2006||Nobeoka, Miyazaki Prefecture (Kyūshū), Japan||-||3||100||2nd deadliest tornado in recent Japanese history|||
|2006 Saroma tornado||November 7, 2006||Saroma, Hokkaidō, Japan||9||26||Deadliest tornado in recent Japanese history|||
|Trieu Son district, Vietnam tornado||June 13, 2007||Thanh Hóa Province, Vietnam||2||Nearly 500 houses damaged|||
|South China tornado||June 8, 2008||Guangdong province, China|||
|Los Bańos, Laguna tornado||August 14, 2008||Los Bańos, Laguna, Philippines||-||20|||
|South India tornado||March 31, 2009||Odisha, India||20||150||300 homes, 11 villages destroyed.|||
|UP Diliman, Quezon City tornado||June 4, 2009||Quezon City, Philippines||1||None||None||12 shanties demolished|||
|Sariaya, Quezon tornado||June 14, 2009||Sariaya, Quezon Province, Philippines||1||1||7 houses and a school were damaged.|||
|Perez, Quezon tornado||June 23, 2009||Perez, Quezon Province, Philippines||1||4|||
|Can-avid, Eastern Samar tornado||June 23, 2009||Can-avid, Eastern Samar, Philippines||1||26 houses were damaged.|||
|Oton, Iloilo tornado||10 August 2009||Oton, Iloilo, Philippines||1||20||26 houses were damaged.|||
|Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture tornado||May 6, 2012||Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan||1||1||52||Japan's worst tornado since November 2006; 890 houses were damaged.|||
|Sanba (Karen)||September 18, 2012||Japan||Several|||
|Bebinca (Fabian)||June 20, 2013||MIMAROPA, Philippines.||2||N/A||None||None||One tornado damaged the Palawan State University, while the other damaged 2 houses.|||
|Rumbia (Gorio)||June 29, 2013||Quezon, Philippines||1||N/A||None||None||41 houses were damaged and a motor boat was completely destroyed.|||
|Ranchi, Jharkhand, India tornado||August 26, 2013||Ranchi-Jharkhand, India||-||Ranchi/Jharkhands biggest tornadao till date.|||
|Saitama Prefecture, Japan tornado||September 2, 2013||Saitama Prefecture, Japan||1||F2||63|||
|Tropical Storm Toraji||September 4, 2013||Japan||3||F1|||
|Typhoon Man-yi||September 15–16, 2013||Japan||10||F1||0||10||Over 900 homes damaged from the ten F0 and F1 tornadoes.|||
- List of tornadoes and tornado outbreaks
- List of European tornadoes and tornado outbreaks
- Tornado records
- Niino, Hiroshi; Fujitani, Tokunosuke; Watanabe, Nobuyuki (July 1997). "A Statistical Study of Tornadoes and Waterspouts in Japan from 1961 to 1993". Journal of Climate 10 (7): 1730–1752. doi:10.1175/1520-0442(1997)010<1730:ASSOTA>2.0.CO;2.
- "WHIRLWIND WRECKS HOUSES". The Straits Times. November 3, 2013. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Japan Meteorological Agency (November 22, 2012). "Member Report: Japan". ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee: 7th Integrated Workshop. ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee. pp. 9–10. Archived from the original on December 4, 2013. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- "Effects of Tropical Depression "Fabian" in Region IV-B". National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. June 22, 2013. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013. Retrieved December 7, 2013.
- "SitRep No.9 re Preparedness Measures and Effects of Tropical Storm "Gorio"" (PDF). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. July 1, 2013. Archived from the original on December 27, 2013. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- "'Tornado' pulls off Ranchi airport roof". Dailypioneer.com. August 27, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Japan Tornado: Dozens Injured In Saitama". News.sky.com. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- 平成25年9月2日からの突風及び大雨による被害状況等について（最終報） [Damage situation due heavy rain and wind gusts from the September 2, 2013 (Final Report)] (in Japanese). Japan Fire and Disaster Management Agency. Archived from the original on December 26, 2013. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Japan Meteorological Agency (November 22, 2013). "Member Report: Japan". ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee: 8th Integrated Workshop/2nd TRCG Forum. ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee. p. 9. Archived from the original on November 26, 2013. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- 台風第１８号による被害状況等について（第１１報） [Damage status, etc. according to 18 Typhoon (Report 11)] (in Japanese). Japan Fire and Disaster Management Agency. October 7, 2013. Archived from the original on December 21, 2013. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- Fujita, Tetsuya Theodore (1992). Memoirs of an Effort to Unlock the Mysteries of Severe Storms: During the 50 years, 1942-1992. WRL Research Paper Number 239. Chicago: University Chicago.
- Grazulis, Thomas P. (1993). Significant Tornadoes 1680-1991, A Chronology and Analysis of Events. St. Johnsbury, Vermont: The Tornado Project of Environmental Films. ISBN 1-879362-03-1.
- Grazulis, Thomas P. (2001). The Tornado: Nature's Ultimate Windstorm. Norman, Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press. ISBN 0-8061-3258-2.