List of tornadoes and tornado outbreaks in Asia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Asian tornadoes and tornado outbreaks)
Parent article: List of tornadoes and tornado outbreaks
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
|Calcutta, India tornado||8 April 1838||Calcutta, India||-||215|||
|Miyazaki, Japan tornado||26 September 1881||Miyazaki, Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan||≥1||16||Deadliest Japanese tornado; destroyed Miyazaki Elementary School|||
|Yodobashi Town, Japan tornado||23 September 1903||Yodobashi Town, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan||≥1||10||14||Struck an elementary school in Toyotoma County|||
|Toyohashi City, Japan tornado||28 November 1941||Toyohashi City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan||≥1||12||177||347 houses completely destroyed or heavily damaged|||
|Serangoon, Singapore tornado||2 November 1950||Singapore||7|||
|Tomiye City, Japan tornado||10 November 1957||Tomiye City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan||≥1||6||8|||
|Azuma village, Japan tornado||2 July 1962||Aruma village, Chiba Prefecture, Japan||≥1||2|||
|Hamamatsu, Japan tornado||26 August 1962||Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture. Japan||≥1||None||168 houses severely damaged|||
|Assam, India tornado||19 April 1963||Assam, India||-||139|||
|Magura-Narail Districts, Bangladesh tornado||11 April 1964||Khulna Division, Bangladesh||-||>500|||
|Tokyo, Japan tornado||24 May 1964||Southwestern Tokyo, Japan||-||480 houses damaged|||
|Ooami-Shirasato town, Japan tornado||28 October 1967||Ooami-Shirasato town, Chiba Prefecture, Japan||≥1||2|||
|Macabebe — Masantol, Philippines tornado||13 June 1968||Philippines||-||12|||
|Bangladesh tornadoes of April 1969||14 April 1969||Bangladesh||≥2||923|||
|Sashima town, Japan tornado||23 August 1969||Sashima town, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan||≥1||2||107|||
|Dhaka District, Bangladesh tornado||17 April 1973||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||-||681|||
|Madaripur-Shibchar, Bangladesh tornado||1 April 1977||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||-||500|||
|Japan tornado||28 February 1978||Japan||≥1||None||Longest path length Japanese tornado at 41.2 km (25.6 mi)|||
|New Delhi, India tornado of March 1978||17 March 1978||National Capital Region, India||-||28||700|||
|Odisha, India tornado||10 April 1978||Odisha, India||-||150|||
|Hachirohgata village, Japan tornado||11 January 1987||Hachirohgata village, Akita Prefecture, Japan||≥1||None||Longest duration Japanese tornado at 41 minutes|||
|Daulatpur–Saturia tornado||26 April 1989||Barisal Division, Bangladesh||F5||-||>1300||1.5 mile wide, deadliest tornado in world history|||
|Myanmar / Burma tornado||15 May 1990||Myanmar / Burma||1||28||Passenger train derailed|||
|Southern Philippines tornado||14 June 1990||Southern Philippines||-||30|||
|Mobara, Japan tornado||11 December 1990||Mobara, Chiba Prefecture, Japan||78||Violent tornado damaged 1000 homes, 82 completely destroyed|||
|West Bengal, India tornado||9 April 1993||West Bengal, India||-||145||"/>|
|Southern Philippines tornado||2 July 1994||Southern Philippines||-||2-13|||
|San Fernando, Philippines tornado||16 October 1994||Philippines||3|||
|Southern Philippines tornado||29 November 1994||Southern Philippines||-||14|||
|Guizhou Province, China tornado||19 April 1995||Guizhou Province, China||-||37|||
|Jamalpur-Tangail Districts, Bangladesh tornado||13 May 1996||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||-||700|||
|Central Vietnam tornado||23 September 1997||Central Vietnam||-||4|||
|West Bengal–Odisha, India tornado||24 March 1998||West Bengal and Odisha, India||160||2000|||
|Toyohashi City, Japan tornadoes||24 September 1999||Toyohashi City, Aichi Prefecture, Japan||4||F3|||
|Tiền Giang, Vietnam tornadoes||23 August 2000||Tiền Giang, Vietnam||2||1||77|||
|Savar and Gazipur Districts, Bangladesh tornado||19 September 2000||Dhaka Division, Bangladesh||2||2||5|||
|Bhalwal, Pakistan tornado||28 March 2001||Bhalwal, Pakistan||-||3|||
|Nobeoka, Miyazaki, Japan tornado||18 September 2006||Nobeoka, Miyazaki Prefecture (Kyūshū), Japan||-||3||100||2nd deadliest tornado in recent Japanese history|||
|2006 Saroma tornado||7 November 2006||Saroma, Hokkaidō, Japan||9||26||Deadliest tornado in recent Japanese history|||
|Trieu Son district, Vietnam tornado||13 June 2007||Thanh Hóa Province, Vietnam||2||Nearly 500 houses damaged|||
|South China tornado||8 June 2008||Guangdong province, China|||
|Los Bańos, Laguna tornado||14 August 2008||Los Bańos, Laguna, Philippines||-||20|||
|South India tornado||31 March 2009||Odisha, India||20||150||300 homes, 11 villages destroyed.|||
|UP Diliman, Quezon City tornado||4 June 2009||Quezon City, Philippines||1||None||None||12 shanties demolished|||
|Sariaya, Quezon tornado||14 June 2009||Sariaya, Quezon Province, Philippines||1||1||7 houses and a school were damaged.|||
|Perez, Quezon tornado||23 June 2009||Perez, Quezon Province, Philippines||1||4|||
|Can-avid, Eastern Samar tornado||23 June 2009||Can-avid, Eastern Samar, Philippines||1||26 houses were damaged.|||
|Oton, Iloilo tornado||10 August 2009||Oton, Iloilo, Philippines||1||20||26 houses were damaged.|||
|Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture tornado||6 May 2012||Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan||1||1||52||Japan's worst tornado since November 2006; 890 houses were damaged.|||
|Sanba (Karen)||18 September 2012||Japan||Several|||
|Bebinca (Fabian)||20 June 2013||MIMAROPA, Philippines.||2||N/A||None||None||One tornado damaged the Palawan State University, while the other damaged 2 houses.|||
|Rumbia (Gorio)||29 June 2013||Quezon, Philippines||1||N/A||None||None||41 houses were damaged and a motor boat was completely destroyed.|||
|Ranchi, Jharkhand, India tornado||26 August 2013||Ranchi-Jharkhand, India||-||Ranchi/Jharkhands biggest tornado to date.|||
|Saitama Prefecture, Japan tornado||2 September 2013||Saitama Prefecture, Japan||1||F2||63|||
|Tropical Storm Toraji||4 September 2013||Japan||3||F1|||
|Typhoon Man-yi||15–16 September 2013||Japan||10||F1||0||10||Over 900 homes damaged from the ten F0 and F1 tornadoes.|||
- List of tornadoes and tornado outbreaks
- List of European tornadoes and tornado outbreaks
- Tornado records
- Niino, Hiroshi; Fujitani, Tokunosuke; Watanabe, Nobuyuki (July 1997). "A Statistical Study of Tornadoes and Waterspouts in Japan from 1961 to 1993". Journal of Climate 10 (7): 1730–1752. doi:10.1175/1520-0442(1997)010<1730:ASSOTA>2.0.CO;2.
- "WHIRLWIND WRECKS HOUSES". The Straits Times. November 3, 2013. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Japan Meteorological Agency (November 22, 2012). "Member Report: Japan". ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee: 7th Integrated Workshop. ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee. pp. 9–10. Archived from the original on December 4, 2013. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- "Effects of Tropical Depression "Fabian" in Region IV-B". National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. June 22, 2013. Archived from the original on December 7, 2013. Retrieved December 7, 2013.
- "SitRep No.9 re Preparedness Measures and Effects of Tropical Storm "Gorio"" (PDF). National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. July 1, 2013. Archived from the original on December 27, 2013. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- "'Tornado' pulls off Ranchi airport roof". Dailypioneer.com. August 27, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "Japan Tornado: Dozens Injured In Saitama". News.sky.com. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- "平成25年9月2日からの突風及び大雨による被害状況等について（最終報）" [Damage situation due heavy rain and wind gusts from the September 2, 2013 (Final Report)] (in Japanese). Japan Fire and Disaster Management Agency. Archived from the original on December 26, 2013. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Japan Meteorological Agency (November 22, 2013). "Member Report: Japan". ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee: 8th Integrated Workshop/2nd TRCG Forum. ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee. p. 9. Archived from the original on November 26, 2013. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- 台風第１８号による被害状況等について（第１１報） [Damage status, etc. according to 18 Typhoon (Report 11)] (in Japanese). Japan Fire and Disaster Management Agency. October 7, 2013. Archived from the original on December 21, 2013. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- Fujita, Tetsuya Theodore (1992). Memoirs of an Effort to Unlock the Mysteries of Severe Storms: During the 50 years, 1942-1992. WRL Research Paper Number 239. Chicago: University Chicago.
- Grazulis, Thomas P. (1993). Significant Tornadoes 1680-1991, A Chronology and Analysis of Events. St. Johnsbury, Vermont: The Tornado Project of Environmental Films. ISBN 1-879362-03-1.
- Grazulis, Thomas P. (2001). The Tornado: Nature's Ultimate Windstorm. Norman, Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press. ISBN 0-8061-3258-2.