List of Back to the Future video games
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of video games in the Back to the Future franchise and Back to the Future games on other platforms. To date there have been 27 Back to the Future games on 15 different gaming platforms.
Computer and video games
- Back to the Future – Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum
- Back to the Future – MSX; released by Pony Canyon
- Back to the Future Adventure (Japanese) – MSX2; released by Pony Canyon
- Back to the Future II – Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum
- Back to the Future III – Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum
- Back to the Future: Blitz Through Time – Facebook
- Back to the Future: The Game – Telltale Games announced on June 9, 2010, that they had acquired rights to produce episodic video games based on the franchise for multiple platforms: the iPad, Mac, Windows, PlayStation 3, and Wii. The game was released as five episodes, with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as Doc Brown, Claudia Wells reprising as Jennifer, and Michael J. Fox making two cameo appearances. AJ Locascio provided the voice for Marty McFly and Bob Gale assisted with the script. (This is the first of two Universal titles to receive an episodic game adaptation from Telltale, to be followed by Jurassic Park.)
- Back to the Future (1989) – NES; released by LJN; a poorly received game with multiple modes of play
- Back to the Future Part II & III (1990) – NES; released by LJN; a side-scrolling adventure game that allowed traveling back and forth between the different time periods from the trilogy as Marty attempts to correct the timeline and get back to the real 1985
- Super Back to the Future II (1993) – Super Famicom (Japan-only release); a side-scroller that allowed the player to control Marty on the hoverboard while he battled enemies
- Back to the Future II – Sega Master System; released by Arena Entertainment
- Back to the Future III – Sega Genesis/Sega Master System; released by Arena Entertainment
- Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure – Nintendo GameCube; released by Kemco, featured a Back to the Future: The Ride minigame as a level
- Back to the Future: The Pinball (1990) - released by Data East Pinball (now Stern Pinball), designed by Joe Kaminkow and Ed Cebula, with music by Brian L. Schmidt; a pinball game based on the trilogy that features three songs that were featured in the movies: "Back in Time" and "Power of Love" (originally performed by Huey Lewis and the News), and "Doubleback" (originally performed by ZZ Top).
Video Slot machine
- Back to the Future Video Slots (2006) - released by International Game Technology, designed by Joe Kaminkow, written and directed by Bob Gale, and starring Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown
- On March 7, 2013 Back to the Future: The Game was released for iPhone 4 devices and up, and iPad.
- "Back to the Future screenshots and statistics". Universal Videogame List. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- Rudden, Dave (2010-11-15). "Back to the Future puzzle game on Facebook". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2011-12-01. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- Schramm, Mike (November 15, 2010). "Telltale releases free match-three Back to the Future puzzle game on Facebook". Joystiq. Retrieved November 24, 2010.
- Fahey, Mike. "Telltale Takes Us Back To The Future". Kotaku.
- Alan (December 15, 2010). "Time Circuits On: Back to the Future Release Date and Details". Telltale Games. Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- "Gametrailers.com interview with AJ Locascio". Gametrailers.com. October 23, 2010. Retrieved October 23, 2010.
- "TellTale press release about winter 2010 BTTF game". Telltalegames.com. June 9, 2010. Retrieved July 6, 2010.
- "IPDB listing for Back to the Future: The Pinball". Ipdb.org. Retrieved July 6, 2010.
- Back to the Future games and statistics
- Back to the Future series at MobyGames
- IPDB listing for Back to the Future
- Back to the Future: Hill Valley - About the Mod
- Telltale Game official page for Back to the Future: The Game