List of Bahá'ís
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following list sets down the name of each member of the Bahá'í Faith who is the subject of a Wikipedia article. For another index of individual Bahá'ís with Wikipedia articles, see Category:Bahá'ís by nationality.
- List of Apostles of Bahá'u'lláh
- List of the Disciples of `Abdu'l-Bahá
- List of the Hands of the Cause of God
- List of the Knights of Bahá'u'lláh
Family of Bahá'u'lláh
- Common Market - hip hop duo from the American Pacific Northwest
- Seals and Crofts - American soft rock duo in the early 1970s
- Dizzy Gillespie - American jazz trumpeter
- Khalil Fong - soul singer and songwriter from Hong Kong.
- Flora Purim - Brazilian American jazz singer
- KC Porter - American multi-grammy winning producer
- Buffy Sainte-Marie - Academy Award-winning Canadian First Nation musician/composer
- Russell Garcia - motion picture composer
- Mike Longo - American jazz pianist
- Dan Seals - American musician, of England Dan and John Ford Coley
- Tierney Sutton - American jazz singer
- James Moody - American jazz saxophone and flute player
- Louie Shelton  - American jazz guitarist & producer
- Jeff and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff - folk music performers
- Vic Damone - American singer and entertainer
- Jack Lenz - Canadian composer
- Larry Robinson - songwriter and member of The Mooseheart Faith Stellar Groove Band
- Cindy Blackman - American jazz and rock drummer
- Tom Price - Conductor, composer and producer
- Rachael Price - Jazz vocalist
- Red Grammer - American singer-songwriter best known for children's music
- Andy Grammer - American singer-songwriter
- Anousheh Khalili - Iranian-American singer, pianist and songwriter.
- Kevin Locke - Lakota musician and dancer
- Doug Cameron (musician) - Canadian musician/composer
- Celeste Buckingham - singer/songwriter
- Charles Wolcott - Pianist, arranger, composer for Disney and MGM films, credited with bringing rock and roll to the motion pictures.
- Mark Bamford, writer, director (Cape of Good Hope)
- Mary Darling, producer Little Mosque on the Prairie
- Clark Donnelly, producer, Little Mosque on the Prairie
- Mithaq Kazimi, director, producer (16 Days in Afghanistan)
- David S. Ruhe, Producer of many films, winner of the Golden Reel, Venice Film Festival & The Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain 
- Harold Lee Tichenor, Film Producer
- Phil Lucas, Native-American filmmaker
- Ken Zemke, TV producer
- Anthony Azizi (24)
- Justin Baldoni (Everwood)
- Earl Cameron (Thunderball, The Interpreter)
- Omid Djalili - Comedian and actor
- Eva LaRue (All My Children, CSI: Miami)
- Barbara Hale - Emmy Award winner (Perry Mason)
- Carole Lombard - ranked 23rd greatest American female screen legend, star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Inder Manocha - British Asian stand-up comedian and actor
- Alex Rocco - Emmy Award winner (The Famous Teddy Z, The Godfather, The Wedding Planner)
- Valeska Surratt - silent film actress
- Rainn Wilson (The Office, Six Feet Under...)
- Lois Hall - American movie and television actress
- Lloyd Haynes - African-American actor and television writer.
- Pardis Parker, Canadian comedian
- Rehana Sultan, Indian Actress
- Travis Van Winkle, - American actor, The Last Ship, Hart of Dixie.
- Hossein Amanat  (Azadi Tower, buildings of the Bahá'í Arc, House of Worship of Samoa)
- Fariborz Sahba (Lotus Temple, terrace gardens of Haifa)
- Louis Bourgeois (House of Worship of Wilmette)
- William Sutherland Maxwell (Central Tower of the Château Frontenac; he was also a Hand of the Cause)
- Burl Barer - true crime genre specializing, author of The Saint, as well as Bahá'í oriented articles.
- Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff - fantasy and science fiction author in short story and longer formats
- André Brugiroux, traveller and author
- Barry Crump - New Zealand comic author
- Robert Hayden - Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry to the Library of Congress from 1976–1978
- Alain LeRoy Locke - books on poetry, race-awareness and research in various arts
- Guy Murchie - philosopher, scientific writer, aviator
- Arvid Nelson - comic book writer, creator of Rex Mundi.
- Jeffrey Reddick, creator of the Final Destination series
- Wellesley Tudor Pole - British writer
- Gholamreza Rouhani, poet and satirist 
- Nayyer Sina, poet and Songwriter 
- Adib Taherzadeh - literary historian of Baha'i sacred texts
- William S. Hatcher - mathematician, philosopher, educator
- William Sears, author of multiple books
- Holiday Reinhorn, writer
- Nemat Mokhtarzada, writer and poet of Afghan-origin.
- Bernard Leach - potter
- Mishkín-Qalam - Calligrapher
- Tom Morey - Musician and inventor of the bodyboard. Founder and namesake for the Morey Boogie bodyboard company
- Mark Tobey - painter
- Fayard Nicholas - American dancer and one half of the Nicholas Brothers
- Hussein Bikar - Egyptian painter
- Anis Mojgani - spoken word poet
- Gwen Wakeling - Academy Award winning Hollywood costume designer
- Rae Perlin (1910-2006), artist
- Amelia Collins, philanthropist
- Juliet Thompson, portrait artist
- Alice Pike Barney, portrait artist
- Nelson Évora - Portuguese Olympic Gold Medal (Beijing, 2008) and Gold Medal recipient for the 2007 Athletics World Championship in Osaka, Japan in Triple Jump
- Cathy Freeman - Australian Olympic gold medal-winning runner
- Khalil Greene - Shortstop for the Texas Rangers
- David Krummenacker  - Track & Field World Champion in 800m in 2003, NCAA Champion (Georgia Tech) 1997, 1998.
- Luke McPharlin - Australian footballer for the Fremantle Dockers
- Ramak Safi - is an Iranian footballer (Soccer) who plays for the Jacksonville Armada in the NASL.
- Aaron Hooper - is an Canadian footballer (Soccer) who last played in the Canadian Soccer League.
- Ali Murad Davudi - Tehran University professor who disappeared in 1979
- Donna Denizé - American poet and award-winning teacher
- Auguste-Henri Forel - Swiss myrmecologist, neuroanatomist and psychiatrist
- Phoebe Hearst - first woman Regent of the University of California
- Joseph Watson - Professor of Modern Irish at University College Dublin
- Jagdish Gandhi - Founder of City Montessori School, Lucknow, India.
- Patricia Locke - Lakota Native American Educator
- Dwight W. Allen - Professor, author, education reformer, consultant and advisor to UNESCO and the World Bank Group
- Robert Sengstacke Abbott an African American lawyer and newspaper publisher, one of the first self-made African American millionaires of the United States.
- Leonora Armstrong - international traveler.
- Richard St. Barbe Baker - English environmentalist
- Lady Blomfield - early Irish-British Bahá'í, and a supporter of the rights of children and women.
- Dr Frederick D'Evelyn - first Irish born Bahá'í
- David Kelly - former employee of the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- Jacqueline Left Hand Bull - Indian Health care policy administrator
- Dhabihu'llah Mahrami wrongfully accused Iranian Bahá'i, found dead in his cell in 2005
- Dr. Ron McNair Physicist and astronaut. Died on the space shuttle Challenger in 1986.
- Layli Miller-Muro - Executive Director of the Tahirih Justice Center
- Dorothy Wright Nelson - Senior Judge on the Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals; former dean, University of Southern California Gould School of Law.
- Nossrat Peseschkian - psychiatrist, psychotherapist. Founder of Positive Psychotherapy
- Zhang Xin and Pan Shiyi - Chinese business couple
- Hilda Yen - internationalist, diplomat, aviator
- Lidia Zamenhof - daughter of Dr. Ludwig Zamenhof, inventor of Esperanto
- Andrew Robeman
- Nelson Évora
- Bahá'í International Community (14 May 2007). "Funeral and memorial service planned for Samoan head of state". Bahá'í World News Service. Retrieved 14 May 2007.
- Hassall, Graham; Fazel, Seena. "100 Years of the Baha'i Faith in Europe". Baha'i Studies Review 8 (3): 35–44. Retrieved 26 April 2007.
- Details published in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Introducing Seals and Crofts -Interview/Article by Deborah Landau, from Stereo Review magazine (January 1971)
- Remembering Dizzy, by Nat Hentoff, This article can be found in the September 2004 issue of JazzTimes
- BC Magazine - Interviews - Soul Messenger
- Melt2000: Flora Purim (bio)
- Biography on Official Webpage
- Russell Garcia
- Interviews: JazzTrenzz: Between Sets with Mike LongoJazzTrenzz By Karl Stober
- Dan Seals has found a sense of hope since embracing Faith by Frank Roberts, August 17, 1994, The Virginian-Pilot, Copyright (c) 1994, Landmark Communications, Inc.
- Musicians in performance - January 26, 2007
- Interview with James Moody by Bob Bernotas
- Official Website statement of faith
- Music, faith can guide us, a singer believes - By Pat Kinney
- Bahá'í Community of Canada, Canadian Bahá'ís > In the News > Jack Lenz
- Infantry, Ashante (7 June 2008). "Cindy Blackman's got the beat". Toronto Star. Retrieved 7 June 2008.
- "Charles F. Wolcott, 80, Disney Film Composer". The New York Times. 30 January 1987.
- Anthony Azizi. "Anthony Azizi: Bio". Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Mail Tribune The ‘Daze’ of his life
- Eddie Albert (Green Acres) (American television & movie actor)
- In The Arena With Omid Djalili By Darius Kadivar, Payvand's Iran News, 3/12/07
- http://www.csiguide.com/cast.asp?csi=1888 CSI Guide
- The Associated Press (30 December 2000). "Bahai faith teaches universal acceptance of God".
- The Bahá'í World 1940-1944 pp.635. Bahá'í Publishing Trust, Wilmette.
- Comedian wins major award London, United Kingdom, 25 May 2004 (BWNS)
- Obituary Sandie Rocco Copyright Coastal View (Carpinteria Valley, CA, USA) 2002
- http://www.h-net.org/~bahai/diglib/books/A-E/C/Chanler/FGTD.htm From Gaslight to Dawn an autobiography by Julie Chanler. New York: New History Foundation, 1956. pp 152-153.
- "Rainn Wilson". Time Magazine. March 8, 2007. Retrieved 24 August 2008.
Did being of the Baha'i faith help you understand the spirituality? As a Baha'i, I believe in all the spiritual beliefs: Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity.
- Biography for Lois Hall IMDb.com IMDb biography
- IMDB Biography
- Great Office spoof – The Study Circle
-  In his videos, he declares his Baha'i faith - for example, see end of B-Day Surprise
- Bahá'í community of Canada. "Hossein Amanat". Archived from the original on 2004-10-27. Retrieved 29 April 2007.
- Bahá'í community of Canada. "Fariborz Sahba". Archived from the original on 2004-10-27. Retrieved 24 October 2007.
- Canadian Baha'i Community: Louis Bourgeois
- Burl Barer, Brilliant Author author's blog
- André Brugiroux author's website
- “ ‘Crump Flags It Away’—Profile of Barry Crump, a New Zealand Baha’i” by Tony Reid, New Zealand Listener (Wellington, N. Z.) (Nov. 20, 1982): 21-22, 25, 26
- Robert Hayden by Christopher Buck, Published in Oxford Encyclopedia of American Literature 2:4 pages 177-181, New York: Oxford University Press, 2004-01
- Alain Lock - Faith and Philosophy, by Dr. Christopher Buck, Studies in Bábí and Bahá'í Religions, Vol 18, Anthony E. Lee General Editor, p.64 - ISBN 978-1-890688-38-7
- I am a Bahá'í by Guy Murchie, Chicago Sunday Tribune, magazine section, July 13, 1958
- "Arvid Nelson on "Rex Mundi's" Final Arc". Comic Book Resources. 18 December 2008. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
I converted to Baha'i in college, so religion is interesting to me. I think it's an important part of the human experience, and will always be a important part of my writing.
- Lady Blomfield (1 October 2006). "The Chosen Highway". Baha'i Publishing Trust Wilmette, Illinois. Retrieved 1 October 2006.
- Moghbelin, Farahmand. "جایگاه شعر در جامعه بهائی". pazhuheshnameh.
- Adib Taherzadeh, member of the Universal House of Justice, passes away ONE COUNTRY, Volume 11, Issue 4 / January–March 2000
- reprint of open letter to fellow students on conversion Pamphlet copyright 1965, National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of the United States of America, Baha'i Publishing Trust, Wilmette, Illinois
- Plagenz, George (3 March 2006). "Saints and Sinners, Awaiting the Third Coming of Christ?". Newspaper Enterprise Assn.
- "Holiday Reinhorn". Why Baha'i. National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of the United States. October 1, 2009. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- Weinberg, Robert (ed.) (1999). Spinning the Clay into Stars: Bernard Leach and the Bahá'í Faith, pp. 21 & 29. George Ronald, Oxford. ISBN 0-85398-440-9
- Balyuzi, H.M. (1985). Eminent Bahá'ís in the time of Bahá'u'lláh. The Camelot Press Ltd, Southampton. pp. 270–271. ISBN 0-85398-152-3.
- Sultan of surf, baron of boogie (Apr 06)
- "Mark Tobey". Namen der Kunst. Retrieved 8 July 2007.
- Selected profiles of African-American Bahá'ís
- The others- A court ruling providing official recognition to Bahais has done little to ease the debate on this Israeli-based cult by Gihan Shahine, Al-Ahram Weekly
- Anis Mojgani Bio
- Boyles, Ann (1995). The Bahá'í World, 1994-5 (Bahá'ís and the Arts: Part II). Bahá'í International Community. pp. 243–272.
- Baha'i World News Service - Top sportsmen find support in faith
- Dolbee, Sandi,"Passion for game, faith drives Padres' Greene", The San Diego Union-Tribune, 20 September 2004. Accessed 10 August 2007.
- Running the race of his life
- A player and more by Les Everett, Australian Rules, from the Fremantle Herald
- Doostdar, Novin (1999/2000). "Obituaries". Bahá'i Studies Review 9 (1). Check date values in:
- Staff of the Kay Spiritual Life Center of American University
- Swiss Baha'is Celebrate 100 Years of Contributing to World Civilization Baha'i Switzerland, National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Switzerland
- Effendi, Shoghi (1974). God Passes By. Wilmette: Bahá'í Pub. Trust. ISBN 0-87743-020-9.
- Instonian to be UCD's Professor of Irish, UCD Press Releases
- "Mr Jagdish Gandhi was inspired by following 10 persons in his life". jagdishgandhi.org. Retrieved 2012-3-3. Check date values in:
- Robert S. Abbott and the Chicago Defender: A Door to the Masses by Mark Perry, printed in the October 10th, 1995 issue of the Michigan Chronicle.
- Whatever happened to the Double Crusade?, by Glenford Mitchell, Notable Talks., Bahai-Library.com, 10–05–1996
- In Memoriam, Published in Bahá'í World, Vol. XVIII: 1979-1983, by Hugh C. Locke
- "U.K. Bahá'í Heritage Site: A Memorial To Lady Blomfield". Archived from the original on 2008-11-07.
- "Dr Frederick D'Evelyn's life".
- "Profile: Dr David Kelly" BBC
- Garriganm, Mary (May 28, 2007). "Left Hand Bull to lead nation's Baha'is". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved 11-9-12. Check date values in:
- Bureau of International Information Programs (23 December 2006). "U.S. Condemns Iran's Persecution of Bahai Religious Prisoner". U.S. Department of State. Retrieved 31 October 2006.
- Venters, Louis E., the III (2010). Most great reconstruction: The Baha'i Faith in Jim Crow South Carolina, 1898-1965 (Thesis). Colleges of Arts and Sciences University of South Carolina. ISBN 978-1-243-74175-2. UMI Number: 3402846.
- Tahirih Justice Center
- Cope, TA (Mar 2009). "Positive psychotherapy's theory of the capacity to know as explication of unconscious contents". Journal of Religious Health 48 (1): 79–89. doi:10.1007/s10943-008-9225-7. PMID 19229628.
- MarketWatch: Chinese Billionaire Embraces Religion (06-03-2011)
- Baha'i World, XV, 1968-73, pp. 476-78."In Memorium; Hilda Yank Sing Yen 1905 - 1970" by Mildred Mottahedeh.
- John Dale - Notes on the life of Lidia Zamenhof