List of Blackpool F.C. records
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Blackpool F.C. records and statistics)
This page details Blackpool Football Club's all-time records.
- Largest victory: 10–0 (v. Lanerossi Vicenza, Anglo-Italian Cup on 10 June 1972)
- Largest defeat: 1–10 (v. Small Heath, Division Two, on 2 March 1901 and v. Huddersfield Town, Division One, on 13 December 1930)
- Consecutive victories: 12 (between 31 March 2007 and 14 August 2007)
- Consecutive defeats: 8 (between 26 November 1898 and 7 January 1899 and between 28 November 1964 and 16 January 1965)
League finishing positions
- Largest transfer fee paid: £1,250,000 (DJ Campbell, to Leicester City, 2010)
- Largest transfer fee received: £6,750,000 (Charlie Adam, from Liverpool, 2011)
Record transfer-fee progression
|Jock Dodds||Sheffield United||£10,000||1939|
|Alan Suddick||Newcastle United||£63,000||1966|
|Tony Kellow||Exeter City||£125,000||1978|
|Andy Morrison||Blackburn Rovers||£245,000||1994|
|DJ Campbell||Leicester City||£1,250,000||2010|
|Joe Lane||Birmingham City||£3,600||1920|
|Tony Green||Newcastle United||£150,000||1971|
|Mickey Burns||Newcastle United||£166,000||1974|
|Paul Stewart||Manchester City||£200,000||1987|
|Alan Wright||Blackburn Rovers||£400,000||1991|
- Most Football League appearances: Jimmy Armfield (569, between 27 December 1954 and 1 May 1971)
- For a list of Blackpool players with the most League appearances, see here and sort by appearances.
- Most consecutive League appearances: Georgie Mee (195, between 25 December 1920 and 12 September 1925)
- Most goals in total: Jimmy Hampson (252, between 15 October 1927 and 25 December 1938)
- Most Football League goals: Jimmy Hampson (248)
- For a list of Blackpool players with the most League goals, see here and sort by goals.
- Most League goals in one season: Jimmy Hampson (45, 1929–30)
- Most goals in one game: 5 (Jimmy Hampson; v. Reading on 10 November 1928 and Jimmy McIntosh; v. Preston North End on 1 May 1948)
- Fastest goal: 11 seconds: Bill Slater (v. Stoke City on 10 December 1949) and James Quinn (v. Bristol City on 12 August 1995)
- Most capped player: Jimmy Armfield (43; for England)
- Longest-serving manager: Joe Smith (22 years, 9 months; from 1 August 1935 to 30 April 1958)
- Largest attendance – Pre-2002: 38,098; v. Wolverhampton Wanderers on 17 September 1955.
- Largest attendance – 2002 onwards: 16,116 (99.48% of capacity; v. Manchester City on 17 October 2010)
Home gate receipts
- "Adam ready to give Dalglish selection headache" - Daily Mirror, 9 July 2011
- Seaside Legends – Blackpool's official website
- Calley, Roy (1992). Blackpool: A Complete Record 1887–1992, p. 115
- Gillatt, Peter (30 November 2009). Blackpool FC on This Day: History, Facts and Figures from Every Day of the Year. Pitch Publishing Ltd. ISBN 1-905411-50-2.