List of Bulgarian inventors and discoverers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
This is a list of Bulgarian inventions.
- Roumen Antonov - invented a revolutionary continuously variable transmission.
- Ilia Vulkov a.k.a. Yull Brown - inventor of Brown's gas
- John Atanasoff - invented the prototype of the first electronic calculation machine used for the creating of the modern computer.
- Stamen Grigorov - discovered the true cause for the existence of natural yogurt - Lactobacillus bulgaricus. He also made a major contribution to the creation of an anti-tuberculosis vaccine.
- Ivan Mitev - discovered the sixth tone in the heart.
- Georgi Nadjakov - discovered the photoelectret state essential to modern photocopying.
- Ivan (John) Notchev - constructed the engines for the lunar module used during the first landing on the Moon.
- Dimitar Paskov - created the medicine Nivalin.
- Petar Petrov - helped develop the prototype of the digital electronic watch.
- Samuel Refetoff - discovered the Refetoff syndrome, resistance to thyrotropin (RTSH) and the inherited defect that affects the metabolism of thyroid hormones through mutations in SECISBP2 gene.
- Dimitar Sasselov - in 2002 sighted the farthest planet from the Earth discovered until then - OGLE-TR-56b.
- Asen Yordanov - constructed the first Bulgarian aeroplane. He is also one of the creators of the airbag.
- Linde, Arvid, 2011, Preston Tucker & Others: Tales of Brilliant Automotive Innovations, Veloce Publishing PLC, ISBN 978-1-84584-017-4
- BULGARIAN SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT AND PROGRESS IN THE WORLD, ADVANCES IN BULGARIAN SCIENCE - 2-2005
- Peter D. Petroff Dies at 83; Devised a Digital Wristwatch
- SAMUEL REFETOFF, MD, Interview conducted by Michael Chappelle, June 4, 2011