List of CNBC channels
This is a list of channels broadcast under the CNBC brand by NBC Universal and its affiliates around the world. Following on from the original United States-based channel, launched in 1989, European and Asian versions were established in 1995 and 96 respectively. Since then, sub-continental and local language versions of the channel have been created in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, many under a licensing agreement. At present, fourteen distinct CNBC channels exist worldwide, of which five are wholly owned by NBC Universal and a further four have NBCU as a minority stakeholder. A fifteenth channel, the Korean language operated SBS-CNBC, was slated to begin broadcasting on December 28, 2009 in conjunction with Seoul Broadcasting System.
List of channels
The following channels are not independent operational entities, but rather sub-regional services operated by CNBC Europe and Asia. They largely show identical programming to the main pan-regional feed, but operate a localised ticker relevant to that particular area and in some cases air area-specific advertising.
|CNBC Australia||CNBC Asia||Has some opt-out slots from pan-regional schedule for additional airings of Australian programming|
|CNBC Hong Kong||CNBC Asia|
|CNBC Nordic||CNBC Europe||Formerly aired some original programming|
|CNBC Singapore||CNBC Asia|
|CNBC UK||CNBC India||Airs the opt-out programme Strictly Money and local advertising|
- A Those channels in which NBC Universal does not hold a stake are operated under a licensing agreement.
- B As CFN, later CFN/CNBC.
- C E Original launch date; merged with Dow Jones-owned competitors Asia Business News and European Business News in 1998.
- D F H Formerly co-owned with Dow Jones & Company.
- G As CNBC India.
- I Also airs some English-language programming from CNBC's international networks.
- "Annual Report 1995: Business Review: NBC" (Press release). General Electric. Retrieved 2007-07-16.
- "CNBC Preps Launch in South Korea". Adweek. 22 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- Ariens, Chris (22 October 2009). "CNBC Partners with SBS for Korean Biz Channel". TV Newser. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- Class CNBC: Class Editori: About Us, Class CNBC home page, Carter, Bill (18 April 2001). "CNBC Europe To Buy Stake In an Italian TV Channel". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC: About CNBC U.S.
- CNBC Africa: Behind The Scenes At CNBC Africa
- CNBC Arabiya: "Arabic Channel by CNBC". The New York Times. 19 May 2003. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC Asia: About CNBC Asia, "GE Annual Report 1995: Business Review: NBC". General Electric. Archived from the original on 2007-12-12. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC Awaaz: CNBC Awaaz home page, "Beyond News". Businessworld. Retrieved 2008-04-06., "TV18 increases stake in CNBC-TV18 channel from 49% to 90%". Indiantelevision.com. 14 August 2003. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC-e: CNBC-e contact details, "Glocalization" - a Case History: Commercial Partnerships and Cooperation between Turkish and American Satellite Broadcasters
- CNBC Europe: About CNBC Europe, "CNBC Europe launches". Broadcasting & Cable. 18 March 1996. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC Pakistan: About CNBC Pakistan, CNBC Pakistan case study, DMA Media
- CNBC-TV18: "Times, TV 18 to launch new channels". Rediff.com. 15 April 2005. Retrieved 2008-04-06., "TV18 increases stake in CNBC-TV18 channel from 49% to 90%". Indiantelevision.com. 14 August 2003. Retrieved 2008-04-06., CNBC-TV18 contact details
- CNBC World: About CNBC World, "GE Annual Report 2001: Business Review: NBC". General Electric. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Nikkei CNBC: "Nikkei CNBC Launches In Japan Today" (Press release). Nihon Keizai Shimbun. 1 October 1999. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- TVN CNBC Biznes: "TVN GROUP AND CNBC ANNOUNCE NEW BUSINESS CHANNEL IN POLAND" (Press release). CNBC Europe. 10 July 2007. Retrieved 2008-04-06.