List of Chilean coups d'état
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|History of Chile|
- Government Junta of Chile, (September 18, 1810) - A successful coup in favor of Chile
- Figueroa mutiny, (April 1, 1811) - A failed attempt to restore royal power in Chile
- 1811 Chilean coup d'état, (September 4, 1811) - A successful coup in favor of José Miguel Carrera
- Campino mutiny, (1827) - A failed attempt to destroy the opposition to the federalist system 
- San Fernando mutiny, (June, 1828) of Pedro Urriola, José Antonio Vidaurre and the Maipo Battalion.(p337)
- Chilean Civil War of 1829, (1829) - An armed conflict between conservatives and liberals over the constitutional regime
- Arauco rebellion, (1831) of Pedro Barnechea and Captain Uriarte
- Rebellion of Cazadores de Quechereguas Regiment, (1832) - Under Cap. Eusebio Ruiz
- Arteaga Conspiracy, (1833), - of General Zenteno and Coronel Picarte
- Cotapos revolution, (1833), - of José Antonio Pérez de Cotapos
- Freire expedition, (1836) - An invasion of Chiloé Island and failed attempt to depose the government
- Quillota mutiny, (1837) - A failed attempt to depose the government that resulted in the death of Diego Portales
- 1851 Chilean Revolution, (1851) - An armed rebellion by liberals against the conservative President Manuel Montt
- 1859 Chilean Revolution, (1859) - A rekindling of the armed rebellion by liberals against the conservative President Manuel Montt started in 1851
- 1891 Chilean Civil War, (1891) - An armed conflict between forces supporting National Congress and forces that supported President José Manuel Balmaceda
- Several Balmacedist plots, (1891–94) - Planned by Hernán Abos-Padilla, Nicanor Donoso, Diego Bahamondes, Luis Leclerc, Herminio Euth, José Domingo Briceño, Edmundo Pinto, Manuel and Emilio Rodríguez, Virgilio Talquino and Anselmo Blanlot against the new government
- Military League plot, (1912) - A failed plot against President Ramon Barros Luco. In September, Gonzalo Bulnes the appointed leader of the plot, desisted.
- Armstrong-Moore plot, (1919) - A failed plot by Generals Guillermo Armstrong and Manuel Moore against President Juan Luis Sanfuentes
- 1924 Chilean coup d'état, (September 5, 1924) - A successful coup against President Arturo Alessandri
- 1925 Chilean coup d'état, (January 23, 1925) - A successful coup in which Carlos Ibáñez del Campo and Marmaduke Grove overthrew Luis Altamirano to return President Arturo Alessandri to office
- Little red plane plot, (September 21, 1930) - A failed attempt against President Carlos Ibáñez del Campo by Marmaduke Grove
- Fall of Carlos Ibáñez del Campo, 26 Jule 1931, successful rebellion against Ibañez
- Chilean naval mutiny of 1931, (September, 1931) - A rebellion in the Chilean Navy against Vice-President Manuel Trucco that ended with the fleet being bombed from the air.
- Norte Grande insurrection, (December 25, 1931) - A failed Communist push against President Juan Esteban Montero
- 1932 Chilean coup d'état, (June 4, 1932) - A successful coup that resulted in the instauration of the Socialist Republic of Chile, in which Carlos Dávila overthrows Juan Esteban Montero
- Antofagasta coup d'état, (September 27, 1932) - A successful coup of General Pedro Vignola that resulted in the resignation of President Bartolomé Blanche and the return to civilian rule
- Las Mercedes' plot, (1933) - A failed plot against President Arturo Alessandri. Commander-in-Cief of the Army, Pedro Vignola called "to resist the Milicia Republicana by any means"
- Humberto Videla's plot, (1935) - failed rebellion of NCO's
- 1936 plot against Alessandri, (1936) - By René Silva Espejo and Alejandro Lagos
- Seguro Obrero massacre, (September 5, 1938) - A failed National Socialist attempt in favor of Carlos Ibáñez that resulted in the murder of 59 young party members
- Ariostazo, (August 25, 1939) - A failed attempt of Ariosto Herrera against President Pedro Aguirre Cerda
- Línea Recta affair, (1954) - A failed plot to allow President Carlos Ibáñez del Campo to assume dictatorial powers
- Tanquetazo, (June 29, 1973) - A failed coup against President Salvador Allende
- 1973 Chilean coup d'état, (September 11, 1973) - Coup that deposed President Salvador Allende, in favor of Augusto Pinochet
- Presidents of Chile timeline
- List of coups d'état and coup attempts
- List of coups d'état and coup attempts by country
- Luis Vitale, Intervenciones militares y poder fáctico en la política chilena, de 1830 al 2.000, Santiago, 2000
- Hernán Alberto Abos-Padilla Neil
- Bizzarro, Salvatore (2005). Historical Dictionary of Chile. Scarecrow Press. p. xlviii. ISBN 9780810865426. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "The Revolution of June 4, 1932". Memoria Chilena (in Spanish). Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Reel, Monte; Smith, J. Y. (11 December 2006). "A Chilean Dictator's Dark Legacy". The Washington Post. Retrieved 22 August 2013.