List of Chinese administrative divisions by Human Development Index
|Provincial level Administrative divisions
of China by:
People's Republic of China
This is a list of the first-level administrative divisions of the People's Republic of China (PRC), including all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities, in order of their Human Development Index (HDI). The figures come from the 2013 China National Human Development Report (《2013中国人类发展报告》), published by United Nations Development Programme, the China Development Research Foundation, and the Renmin University of China. Most of the data used is from 2010. The report did not cover Hong Kong and Macau, which are special administrative regions of the PRC.
The HDI values of Hong Kong, as given in the UN Human Development Report, and of Macau, as provided by their respective governments, are included for comparison purposes.
Republic of China
The Republic of China, commonly known as Taiwan, administers Taiwan, Penghu, several islands offshore of Mainland China (Kinmen, Matsu and Wuqiu) and some South China Sea Islands (Dongsha Islands and Taiping Island).
|HDI (2011 data)||Comparable Country (2012 data)|
|Very High human development|
|Taiwan Area of the Republic of China||0.882 (2011 data)||Italy|
- List of countries by Human Development Index
- List of Australian states and territories by HDI
- List of Brazilian states by Human Development Index
- List of Indian states by Human Development Index
- List of Indonesian provinces by HDI
- List of Mexican states by Human Development Index
- List of Philippine provinces by HDI
- List of Russian federal subjects by HDI
- List of South African provinces by HDI
- List of US states by HDI
- "《2013中国人类发展报告》" (PDF) (in zh-cn). United Nations Development Programme China. 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "The 2013 Human Development Report – "The Rise of the South: Human Progress in a Diverse World"". HDRO (Human Development Report Office) United Nations Development Programme. pp. 144–147. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Human Development Report 2013". United Nations Development Program. 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Macao in Figures 2013". Statistics and Census Service, Macau SAR. 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "What is the human development index (HDI)? What data does Taiwan have?" (in English). Nation Statistics, Republic of China (Taiwan). 2011. Retrieved 2010-06-28.