List of Christian apologetic works
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Christian apologetic works.
- Apologia prima (English: First Apology) (c. 150-155) by Justin Martyr
- Apologia secunda (English: Second Apology) (c. 150-57) by Justin Martyr
- Πρὸς Διόγνητον Ἐπιστολή (English: Epistle to Diognetus) (c. late 2nd century), author unknown
- The Apology to Autolycus (c. 169–83) by Theophilus of Antioch 
- Octavius (before 250, likely contemporary with Tertullian's Apology) by Marcus Minucius Felix 
- Apologeticus (or Apologeticum) (c. 197) by Tertullian
- De Carne Christi (English: On the Body of Christ) (c. 206) by Tertullian
- Contra Celsum (English: Against Celsus) (c. 248) by Origen of Alexandria 
- De viris illustribus (English: On Illustrious Men) (c.392-3) by Jerome
- Apologia contra Rufinum (English: Apology Against Rufinus) (402) by Jerome
- Summa contra Gentiles (1265–74) by Saint Thomas Aquinas
- De Arte Cabbalistica (English: On the Art of Kabbalah) (1517) by Johann Reuchlin
- Pensées (1669) by Blaise Pascal
- Alciphron (or The Minute Philosopher) (1732) by George Berkeley
- Observations on the Conversion and Apostleship of St. Paul. in a Letter to Gilbert West, Esq (1747) by George Lyttelton, 1st Baron Lyttelton
- Observations on the History and Evidences of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (1747) by Gilbert West
- Génie du christianisme (1802) (English: The Genius of Christianity) by François-René de Chateaubriand
- Testimony of the Evangelists, Examined by the Rules of Evidence Administered in Courts of Justice (1846) by Simon Greenleaf
- Apologia Pro Vita Sua (1864) by John Henry Newman
- Heretics (1905) by G. K. Chesterton
- Orthodoxy (1908) by G. K. Chesterton
- Who Moved the Stone? (1930) by Albert Henry Ross
- The Everlasting Man (1925) by G. K. Chesterton
- The Problem of Pain (1940) by C. S. Lewis
- The Case for Christianity (1942) by C. S. Lewis
- Miracles (book) (1947) by C. S. Lewis
- Mere Christianity (1952) by C. S. Lewis
- La Phénomène Humain (English: The Phenomenon of Man) (1959) by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin 
- The Existence of God (1979, new edition 2004) by Richard Swinburne
- Campus Gods on Trial (1964) by Chad Walsh
- Eternity in Their Hearts: Startling Evidence of Belief in the One True God in Hundreds of Cultures Throughout the World (1984) by Don Richardson
- The Way the World Is: Christian Perspective of a Scientist (1983) by John Polkinghorne
- Reasonable Faith (1994) by William Lane Craig
- Is There a God? (1996) by Richard Swinburne
- The Signature of God (1997) by Grant Jeffery
- Beside Still Waters (1998) by Gregg Easterbrook
- The Case for Christ (1998) by Lee Strobel
- Science and Theology (1998) by John Polkinghorne
- The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict (1999) by Josh McDowell
- What Did Jesus Mean? (1999) by Ron Rhodes
- A Scientific Theology (2001) by Alister McGrath
- Faith, Science and Understanding (2001) by John Polkinghorne
- The Resurrection of God Incarnate (2003) by Richard Swinburne
- The Twilight of Atheism: The Rise and Fall of Disbelief in the Modern World (2004) by Alister McGrath
- Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life (2005) by Alister McGrath
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief (2006) by Francis Collins
- Exploring Reality (2006) by John Polkinghorne
- God's Undertaker: Has Science Buried God? (2007) by John Lennox
- Was Jesus God? (2008) by Richard Swinburne
- The Reason for God: Belief in Age of Skepticism (2008) by Timothy Keller
- What's So Great About Christianity (2008) by Dinesh D'Souza
- Atheist Delusions: The Christian Revolution and Its Fashionable Enemies (2009) by David Bentley Hart
- Questions of Truth (2009) by John Polkinghorne
- More Than A Carpenter (2009) by Josh McDowell
- Life After Death: The Evidence (2009) by Dinesh D'Souza
- Ultimate Proof of Creation (2009) by Dr. Jason Lisle
- The Dawkins Delusion? Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine (2010) by Alister McGrath
- The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach (2010) by Michael R. Licona ISBN 978-0-8308-2719-0.
- The Rage Against God (subtitle in US editions: How Atheism Led Me to Faith) (2010) by Peter Hitchens
- God's Philosophers: How the Medieval World Laid the Foundations of Modern Science (2011) by James Hannam ISBN 978-1848310704
- Exposing Myths About Christianity: A Guide to Answering 145 Viral Lies and Legends (2012) by Jeffrey Russell ISBN 978-0830834662
- Avery Cardinal Dulles, A History of Apologetics, Ignatius Press, 2nd ed., 2005, ISBN 0-89870-933-4, pp. 31–42.
- Dulles, p. 31-42 ff.
- Theophilus of Antioch
- Minucius Felix (Documentia Catholica Omnia)
- Herzog, Johann Jakob; Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (December 1908). "Celsus". In Samual Macauley Jackson. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge. II. New York and London: Funk and Wagnalls Company. pp. 466.
- Dulles, p. 120 ff.
- L. Russ Bush, Classical Readings in Christian Apologetics, A.D. 100-1800, Parts 100-1800, Zondervan, 1983, ISBN 0-310-45641-X, p. 275 ff.
- Douglas Groothuis, Christian Apologetics: A Comprehensive Case for Biblical Faith, InterVarsity Press, 2011, ISBN 0-8308-3935-6, pp. 25–31.
- Dulles, p. 297 ff.
- Colin Tudge (8 December 2007). "The art of the soluble". The Guardian.
Well - has science buried God? Of course not. John Lennox answers his own question decisively. No one who understands what science really is and is not could suppose that such interment was ever on the cards. No one who understands what religion really is, beneath its sometimes ugly face, could suppose that it would be good to bury it.