List of College Basketball on NBC personalities
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into College Basketball on NBC. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2013.|
This is a list of college basketball on NBC personalities which covers College Basketball on NBC.
- Bob Costas – In December of the 1980–81 season, Bob Costas filled-in for Dick Enberg, who was on NFL duty for NBC during this period. That same year, Costas became play-by-play announcer for Big Ten Conference games
- Dick Enberg – In the 1989–90 season (which was Enberg's last season covering college basketball for NBC), Dick Enberg did not call a college basketball game until February 24 (Georgia Tech at Notre Dame). Enberg would not broadcast another college basketball game until 2000 for CBS.
- Frank Glieber - While Glieber was known for his work at CBS, from time to time he filled in for Frank Fallon on Southwest Conference games, when Fallon was on assignment calling Baylor games.
- Charlie Jones – In the 1979–80 season, Charlie Jones filled-in for Dick Enberg and Don Criqui, who were busy calling NFL playoff games (on the weekend of December 29). Jones called the December 29, taped delayed (at 11:30 p.m.) contest between Kentucky and Notre Dame (at Louisville). Jones also filled-in for Enberg on January 24, 1981 (Notre Dame vs. Maryland), as Enberg was about to call Super Bowl XV for NBC the next day.
- Andy Musser - Filled in for Marv Albert on ECAC games when Albert filled in for Dick Enberg on national games or, when Albert had a boxing assignment for NBC Sportsworld.
- Jim Simpson – Dick Enberg called an NFL playoff game on December 30, 1978 so Jim Simpson filled-in for the game between Kentucky vs. Notre Dame (at Louisville). The December 30 Kentucky/Notre Dame game was aired on tape delay at 11:30 p.m. Simpson also filled-in for Enberg, who was performing Super Bowl XIII hosting duties on January 21. So as a result, Simpson filled-in on the January 20 game between USC at Texas.
- Dick Stockton – Dick Stockton filled in for Dick Enberg on at least three games of the 1977–78 season. Enberg called the AFC Title Game in Denver on January 1 and had a boxing assignment on February 5.
- Pete Maravich – NBC used Pete Maravich on a few late season games in the 1985–86 season.
- Al McGuire – In the 1977–78 season, NBC added Al McGuire to the #1 team composed of Dick Enberg and Billy Packer. Early in the 1977–78 season, NBC stationed McGuire in a remote location and went to him only for periodic commentary. Eventually, NBC moved McGuire courtside to form a three-man announcer team with Enberg and Packer. On February 22, 1992, McGuire called his last game (UCLA at Notre Dame) for NBC. CBS subsequently signed McGuire for that year's NCAA tournament.
- Jim Valvano – On January 27, 1985, Jim Valvano (who was still the NC State Wolfpack's head coach) called a game (Indiana at Illinois) for NBC with Bob Costas after coaching a game the previous day.
As previously mentioned, NBC and TVS were partners in televising college basketball from 1975 to 1983. Typically on Saturdays, NBC and TVS would broadcast a regional slate of college basketball from the various conferences.
- Pete Dougherty at the Albany Times Union has NBC Sports Network’s college basketball announcing teams.