List of EDGE networks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following companies have EDGE networks in operation:
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (June 2010)|
Europe and CIS
- Tele2 has EDGE networks in several countries, like Estonia.
- Orange has EDGE networks in Belgium (as Mobistar), Dominica, France, Luxembourg (VOXmobile), Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Moldova, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
- T-Mobile has EDGE networks in Austria, Croatia, the Czech Republic,Greece, Germany, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland and Slovakia. Very limited EDGE coverage is offered in the Netherlands at the Delft University campus.
- O2 has EDGE networks in the Czech Republic, Ireland, Germany, Slovakia and the United Kingdom
- Vodafone has EDGE networks in the Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Ireland, Turkey, Portugal, the United Kingdom and has started upgrading to EDGE in the Netherlands early 2011.
- TeliaSonera has EDGE networks in Finland and Sweden
- Elisa Oyj had EDGE networks in Finland and Estonia
- KPN has EDGE networks in Germany (as E-Plus) and Belgium (as BASE). It is available again in the Netherlands in areas where LTE is deployed.
- Cosmote has EDGE networks in Greece and Romania
- Telenor has EDGE networks in Norway, Hungary and Serbia
- Mobilkom Austria has EDGE networks in Croatia (as VIPnet), Slovenia (as Si.mobil), Bulgaria (as Mobiltel) and Belarus (as Velcom)
Single country operators:
- Albania, AMC ALBANIA while Eagle Mobile Albania since March 2008 provides a full EDGE network.
- Armenia: Beeline provides full EDGE network., VivaCell provides full EDGE network.
- Azerbaijan: Azercell has EDGE network in Baku, the capital. Bakcell has EDGE network in Baku and some other major cities. Azerfon (Nar Mobile) provides EDGE network coverage in Baku and some major cities.
- Belgium: Proximus (nationwide)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: M:tel and BH Telecom (main cities)
- Bulgaria: GLOBUL and Vivacom (main cities and surrounding areas)
- Denmark: Telia, TDC and Sonofon
- Estonia: EMT (nationwide)
- Finland: Dna Finland
- France: Bouygues Telecom has an EDGE Network that covers 95% of the population; it is the largest EDGE implementation in France.
- Georgia: Beeline (communications) has full EDGE MSC9 network, Geocell has EDGE networks.
- Greece: As of February 2009 WIND Greece began upgrading to EDGE in regions with no UMTS coverage. No official announcement has been made as the service is believed to be in testing phase.
- Iceland: Síminn
- India: Airtel, BSNL and IDEA have EDGE coverage at major cities.
- Ireland: Meteor Mobile Communications
- Italy: TIM supports EDGE wherever GPRS is already supported; also Wind is upgrading the existing network to EDGE, while it is already available in several cities
- Jersey: Jersey Telecom
- Latvia: LMT
- Lithuania: Bite Lietuva and OMNITEL
- Luxembourg: LuxGSM (nationwide)
- Malta: GO
- Moldova: Moldcell has EDGE networks in large cities
- Montenegro: Telenor Montenegro and m:tel
- Norway: Netcom
- Poland: Plus
- Portugal: Optimus and TMN
- Russia: MegaFon, Mobile TeleSystems, Beeline have partial EDGE coverage. Regional GSM operators, such as BWC in Irkutsk Oblast, MOTIV in Sverdlovsk Oblast, U-tel in Urals Federal District, VNTC in Primorsky Krai and ETK also have partial EDGE coverage.
- Serbia: MTS and IPKO Mobile
- Slovenia: Tušmobil, Mobitel
- Spain: Movistar has enabled 50% of its 2G GSM network with EDGE technology.
- Switzerland: Sunrise, a subsidiary of TDC, has EDGE that cover 99% of the population and the first to implement EDGE in the country; also Swisscom through Swisscom Mobile's EDGE (Enhanced Data for Global Evolution) network has EDGE networks that cover 99% of the population.
- Turkey: Turkcell and Avea
- Ukraine: MTS, Kyivstar, and Life:).
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (October 2007)|
- Nigeria: Zain has EDGE coverage in most part of Lagos,Abuja and Port Harcourt. MTN and GLO Networks has EDGE in most part of the country
- Botswana: Mascom has rolled out EDGE countrywide.
- Egypt: Mobinil
- Kenya: Safaricom has introduced this service to enhance the Mobile Internet speeds that subscribers currently experience on their GPRS network; also Celtel has launched EDGE in Nairobi and GPRS countrywide
- Liberia: Libercell has introduced the EGPRS technology
- Djibouti: Djibouti telecom has EDGE coverage called evatis-edge
- South Africa: Cell C, MTN and Vodacom have EDGE coverage for large areas
- Mozambique: Vodacom has EDGE coverage for large areas
- MTC Namibia
- Tunisia: Tunisiana
- Uganda: Celtel UG has EDGE over GPRS coverage in most parts of the country
- Zambia: Celtel has launched EDGE in Lusaka and GPRS countrywide
- Tanzania: Vodacom Tanzania has introduced 3G and EDGE technology
- Mauritius: Orange (formerly Cellplus of Mauritius Telecom) and Emtel have introduced 3G and EDGE technology countrywide
- Zimbabwe : Econet has launched EDGE in most parts of the country.
Asia and Far East
- Bangladesh: Grameenphone is the largest mobile operator in the country and today provides for more than 20 million subscribers an opportunity to communicate using EDGE. And Warid are proividing EDGE services in major cities.
- China: China Mobile launched EDGE services in Guangdong province in 2005 and deployed the technolegy at a later time to nationwide. China Unicom also has launched EDGE service in Shanghai and selected cities since 2006.
- Hong Kong: Peoples; also CSL, under the brands 1O1O and One2Free
- India: Aircel, MTNL, Bharti Airtel, !deaVodafone and Reliance-Smart-GSM have launched EDGE services. As of July 2007, BSNL's plans for introducing the service are pending since year 2003.district headquarters are currently under the reach of EDGE of BSNL
- Indonesia: Telkomsel, Excelcom, Indosat, and Natrindo provide EDGE network
- Laos: Unitel provides nationwide EDGE coverage, TIGO provides EDGE in big city and urban areas.
- Malaysia: DiGi has reasonable EDGE coverage, particularly in West Malaysia. Coverage in East Malaysia is currently limited to Kuching, Kota Kinabalu and several main town centres. DiGi streams its MobileTV service over its EDGE network; also Maxis Mobile provides an EDGE network. Celcom is now provide EDGE network as a general 2G data service nationwide.
- Nepal: Spice Nepal "Mero Mobile" has EDGE coverage in major cities
- Pakistan: Mobilink, Warid and Ufone are proividing EDGE services in major cities. Telenor (Pakistan) provides EDGE coverage throughout Pakistan.
- Philippines: SMART has a wide EDGE coverage over the Philippine archipelago. PLDT, the parent company of SMART, also offers the PLDT WeRoam GPRS/EDGE wireless internet service
- Sri Lanka: Dialog GSM offers EDGE Coverage in Colombo. Tigo has islandwide EDGE coverage.
- Thailand: DTAC provides nationwide EDGE coverage. Advanced Info Service (AIS) also has a nationwide EDGE coverage. The third largest mobile operator, True Move, has deployed EDGE in the Bangkok Metropolitan Area.
- Vietnam: two GSM operators MobiFone and Viettel, who have nation-wide GPRS coverage, have both initiated EDGE field trials on their network since Q4 2007.
- Fiji : Digicel Fiji brought EDGE network to Fiji
- New Zealand : 2degrees is the only EDGE network in NZ
- Samoa: Digicel Pacific (previously Telecom NZ) is still under initiation.
- "Vodafone begint met nieuw edge-netwerk in Nederland" (in Dutch). Tweakers. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "KPN begint weer met sneller 2g-netwerk edge" (in Dutch). Tweakers. 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "New surprises and services in anniversary". 9 March 2009. Retrieved 9 March 2009.
- "The most contemporary services in the whole Albania". 20 August 2008. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "BeeLine". Beeline.am. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- "VivaCell". Vivacell.am. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "Azerfon". Afon.az. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- EMT hakkas EDGE teenust pakkuma Eesti Päevaleht, 28 June 2004 (Estonian)
- Tehnoloogiad (Estonian)
- [dead link]
- "ბილაინი". Beeline.ge. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "მთავარი გვერდი". Geocell.com.ge. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "GO Mobile :: Tariffs :: MMS". Go.com.mt. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "Nortel Powers go Mobiles New Broadband Wireless Services in Malta, Nortel Networks". News.thomasnet.com. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "Infotag news agency - Press release". Infotag.md. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
-  - Telegeography (Nov 11, 2009).
- BSNL Expansion Delayed Yet Again - Light Reading (July 11, 2007).
- "Siemens to EDGE Wireless to India's Bharti". 3g.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "Nokia to Pilot Launch EDGE wireless services in Delhi". 3g.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "EDGE Wireless Rolls In To India". 3g.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- http://www.dtac.co.th/en/network/gprs_edge.aspx[dead link]