List of Egyptian flying aces
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
The following Egyptian pilots became aces flying combat against the Israeli Air Force
- Ali Wajai (alias Ali Wagedy) used a MiG 21 and was credited with two aerial victories in 1970 and four in 1973.
- Colonel Ahmed Atef was credited with five aerial victories in 1974 over the Golan Heights.
- Major Sami Marei was credited with five aerial victories between 1966 and 1968 while flying a MiG 21. Major Marei was KIA on 26 February 1970.
- Captain Samir Aziz Mikhail of the 104th Air Brigade was credited with five aerial victories while flying a MiG 21.
- Hussein Samy used a MiG 21 to gain five aerial victories.
- Air Combat Information Group http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_266.shtml Retrieved 23 December 2012.