List of Firefox extensions
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
|Origins and lineage|
This is a list of some of the many available Firefox extensions, or software add-ons designed for Mozilla Firefox-based web browsers. Many Firefox extensions work in the SeaMonkey web browser as well as the Thunderbird e-mail client.
- 1 Official
- 2 Website integration
- 3 Application integration
- 4 Browser features
- 5 External links
- ChatZilla – a full-fledged Internet Relay Chat client that works inside Firefox.
- DOM Inspector – for web developers. It allows them to inspect the Document Object Model tree of any page.
- AniWeather – displays animated/graphical weather report from weather.com and weather.gov.
- Forecastfox Weather – displays a summary of weather forecast from AccuWeather.
- LibX – library catalogues.
- StumbleUpon – allows users to encounter random sites based upon the rating given by stumblers and their interests.
- FB Purity - Adds lots of filtering and customization options to Facebook.
- WiseStamp – empowers users' emails with social profiles and dynamic Email Apps.
- Google Earth – provides full integration of Google Earth into the browser.
- Google Toolbar – provides features related to Google Search as a toolbar.
- Googlepedia – shows users Wikipedia articles along with their Google search results.
- FastestFox – integrates Wikipedia functionality into Firefox and recommends related articles.
- Universal Edit Button – notifies user when a web page contains editable content.
- FlashGot – provides download features and integration with a variety of external download managers.
- FoxyTunes – controls external media players.
- Adblock Plus – is used for blocking ads via a paired blacklist and whitelist.
- Turn Off the Lights – is used to obscure or mask content other than a running video (context cosmetics to enhance user experience or UX or QoE, i.e., quality of experience.)
- All-in-One Sidebar – adds enhanced sidebar functionality similar to that found in the Opera web browser.
- Capture Fox – is a screencast tool which captures the Firefox window as well as the whole screen and records the user's voice.
- Cooliris – a tool for browsing photos and videos from the web or a desktop.
- Flashblock – prevents Flash content from running without being explicitly started (clicked) or whitelisted.
- Hyperwords – allows users to select text and perform rich commands, such as instant Wikipedia look-ups, in-page translations, conversions, etc.
- Image Zoom – allows users to change image sizes within the page.
- Pentadactyl and Vimperator – make Firefox feel and behave like the Vim text editor.
- Surf Canyon – is a real-time relevance feedback application which provides implicit personalization of search results on several major search engines.
- Text to Voice – is used for making Firefox speak whatever has been selected from the webpage.
- Zotero – enables users to collect, manage, and cite research from all types of sources from the browser.
- ScrapBook – adds enhanced scrapbooking, page saving, bookmarking, and notetaking functionality.
- Xmarks Sync – adds online bookmark and password synchronization, as well as bookmark tagging and suggested sites.
- DéjàClick – enables user to record and playback complex web transactions via a free web recorder for Firefox.
- Greasemonkey – allows users to install user scripts that modify specific web pages.
- iMacros – a macro recorder for the Firefox web browser.
- Stylish – allows the user to install custom CSS that can modify specific web pages and XUL application interfaces.
- DownThemAll! – a download manager/accelerator.
- PDF Download – allows users to customize the handling of PDF files.
- Video DownloadHelper – used to download videos from sites like YouTube or Metacafe.
- Morning Coffee – a news displayer.
- Operator – parses microformats.
- Sage – a lightweight feed reader extension.
- Tong Wen Tang, converts web pages into Traditional or Simplified Chinese characters for Chinese-language users.
- LastPass – offers password management, portability and security.
- Offer Assistant – password management, shopping, and bill pay add-on.
- WOT Services – warns you about risky sites by adding security icons next to search results, email links, as well as Wikipedia.
- Flagfox – displays a flag depicting the location of the current server.
- Stealthy – a simple, user-friendly add-on that lets you visit websites that are restricted based on geographical location, governmental or organizational regulations.
- Ghostery – advertisement networks and spy cookies blocking
- Privacy Badger – blocks Canvas Fingerprinting
- HTTPS Everywhere – automatically switches to HTTP Secure whenever possible.
- Showcase – shows tabs as thumbnails, to preview, manage and search across them.
- Tab Mix Plus – provides tabbed browsing enhancements.
Website development tools
- Alexa Toolbar – provides access to SEO data.
- ColorZilla – adds an eye dropper (color reader), color palettes, page zooming, and displays element information.
- FireFTP – is a cross-platform FTP client which provides access to FTP servers.
- Web Developer – adds a menu and a toolbar to the browser with various web developer tools.