List of Florida Gators football seasons
This is a List of Florida Gators football seasons from 1906 through the present. The Florida Gators football team represents the University of Florida in the sport of American football. The University of Florida (then known as the "University of the State of Florida") fielded its first official varsity football team in the fall of 1906, and has fielded a team every season since then, with the exception of 1943.
During the early 1900s, the Florida football team competed in the Intercollegiate Athletic Association of the United States (IAAUS), but was not affiliated with an athletic conference. The University of Florida did not adopt the "Florida Gators" nickname for its sports teams until 1911, and the early Florida football teams were known simply as "Florida" or the "Orange and Blue." The Florida football teams played their home games in a variety of locations, including Florida Field, located on the university's Gainesville, Florida campus.
In the present day, the Gators compete in the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS, formerly known as "Division I-A"), and the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Eastern Division. This list presents the season-by-season win-loss records of the Gators football team from its beginning, including its post-season bowl records.
|Jack Forsythe (Independent) (1906–1908)|
|George E. Pyle (Independent) (1909–1911)|
|George E. Pyle (SIAA) (1912–1913)|
|Charles J. McCoy (SIAA) (1914–1916)|
|Alfred L. Buser (SIAA) (1917–1919)|
|William G. Kline (SIAA) (1920–1921)|
|William G. Kline (Southern) (1922–1922)|
|James Van Fleet (Southern) (1923–1924)|
|Harold Sebring (Southern) (1925–1927)|
|Charlie Bachman (Southern) (1928–1932)|
|Dennis K. Stanley (SEC) (1933–1935)|
|Josh Cody (SEC) (1936–1939)|
|Thomas Lieb (SEC) (1940–1946)|
|No team (WWII) (1943–1943)|
|Raymond Wolf (SEC) (1946–1949)|
|Bob Woodruff (SEC) (1950–1959)|
|Ray Graves (SEC) (1960–1969)|
|Doug Dickey (SEC) (1970–1978)|
|Charley Pell (SEC) (1979–1984)|
|Galen Hall (SEC) (1985–1989)|
|Steve Spurrier (SEC) (1990–2001)|
|Ron Zook (SEC) (2002–2004)|
|Urban Meyer (SEC) (2005–2010)|
|2006||Meyer||13–1||7–1||East||W BCS Championship†||1||1|
|2007||Meyer||9–4||5–3||East||L Capital One||16||13|
|2008||Meyer||13–1||7–1||East||W BCS Championship†||1||1|
|Will Muschamp (SEC) (2011–present)|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title|
|†Indicates College Football Playoff (CFP) game. #Rankings from final Coaches' Poll.|
- Florida Gators
- History of the University of Florida
- List of Florida Gators head football coaches
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame members
- University Athletic Association
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 120, 123–124 (2011).
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- Kabat, Ric A., "Before the Seminoles: Football at Florida State College, 1902–1904, Florida Historical Quarterly, vol. LXX, no. 1 (July 1991).
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- McEwen, Tom, The Gators: A Story of Florida Football, The Strode Publishers, Huntsville, Alabama (1974). ISBN 0-87397-025-X.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.
- Proctor, Samuel, & Wright Langley, Gator History: A Pictorial History of the University of Florida, South Star Publishing Company, Gainesville, Florida (1986). ISBN 0-938637-00-2.