List of Florida area codes
When the first area code plan was introduced in 1947, the entire state was given the area code 305. In 1953, the area code 813 was introduced for the western coast of Florida, and 904 was introduced for northern Florida in 1965. In 1988, area code 407 was introduced for the Orlando area.
Many of these new area codes have been introduced in the last two decades, as a result of city expansion throughout Florida. There are currently seventeen area codes serving Florida.
An eighteenth area code, 689, may overlay Orlando and Kissimmee as soon as there is an indication that there will be a shortage of new numbers with the existing 407 and 321 area codes; As of 2011[update], an implementation date for 689 had been suspended.
List of area codes
- 239: Southwest coast: all of Lee County, Collier County, mainland Monroe County excluding Florida Keys; includes Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples, Everglades
- 305: All of Miami-Dade County and the Florida Keys of Monroe County: Miami, Homestead, Coral Gables, Key West; overlaid by 786 for all of Miami-Dade
- 321: Orlando, Cocoa Beach, St. Cloud and central eastern Florida, partial overlay with 407. Also: Exclusive code for Space Coast: Cape Canaveral, Melbourne, Titusville, Cocoa Beach
- 352: Gainesville, Ocala, Inverness, Spring Hill, Dunnellon and central Florida
- 386: Daytona Beach, Lake City, Live Oak, Crescent City and northern and eastern Florida
- 407: Orlando, Cocoa Beach, Kissimmee, St. Cloud and central eastern Florida, partial overlay with 321
- 561: Exactly Palm Beach County: West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Belle Glade
- 727: Majority of Pinellas County including Clearwater, St. Petersburg, excluding parts of Oldsmar; coastal third of Pasco County
- 754: All of Broward County: Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Coral Springs, overlays with 954
- 772: Vero Beach, Port Saint Lucie, Fort Pierce, Sebastian, Stuart and central eastern Florida
- 786: Exactly Miami-Dade County, not Florida Keys; overlays with most of 305
- 813: All of Hillsborough County, including Tampa, Plant City; inland areas of Pasco County, and parts of Oldsmar in Pinellas County
- 850: Pensacola, Tallahassee, Panama City and the Florida panhandle
- 863: Lakeland, Avon Park, Clewiston, Bartow, Sebring, Winter Haven and south central Florida
- 904: Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Starke, Green Cove Springs and northeastern Florida
- 941: Gulf Coast immediately south of Tampa Bay: all of Manatee County. Sarasota County, and Charlotte County; includes Bradenton, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, Punta Gorda
- 954: All of Broward County: Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Coral Springs, overlaid by 754
- "Area Code 689". Area Code Details. Florida Public Service Commission. Retrieved 2011-10-17.