List of Formula One World Constructors' Champions
The Formula One World Constructors' Championship (WCC) is awarded by the FIA to the most successful Formula One constructor over a season, as determined by a points system based on Grand Prix results. The Constructors' Championship was first awarded in 1958, to Vanwall.
Constructors' Championship points are calculated by adding points scored in each race by any driver for that constructor. Up until 1979, most seasons saw only the highest-scoring driver in each race for each constructor contributing points towards the Championship. On only ten occasions has the World Constructors' Champion team not contained the World Drivers' Champion for that season.
In the 56 seasons the Championship has been awarded, only 14 different constructors have won it, with Scuderia Ferrari the most successful, with 16 titles including 6 consecutive from 1999 to 2004. Only four countries have produced winning constructors: United Kingdom (33 championships with 10 different constructors), Italy (16 with Ferrari), Austria (4 with Red Bull) and France (3 with two constructors).
- * – Indicates that the driver also won the Drivers' Championship.
- ^ Only drivers who contributed to the final points tally are shown. Car numbers are indicated where the driver kept the same number over the season (replacement drivers' numbers are shown in parentheses).
- ^ Only points counted towards the Constructors' Championship are shown.
- ^ McLaren scored 203 points but were excluded from the championship.
- ^ The points system was overhauled for the 2010 season, accounting for the extreme difference in total points. (see also List of Formula One World Championship points scoring systems)
|Ferrari||16||1961, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008|
|Williams||9||1980, 1981, 1986, 1987, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997|
|McLaren||8||1974, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1998|
|Lotus||7||1963, 1965, 1968, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1978|
|Red Bull||4||2010, 2011, 2012, 2013|
† – Benetton raced as a British team from 1986 to 1995, and as an Italian team from 1996 to 2001.
Note: The Austrian owned Red Bull Racing team is based in the UK. The French Renault team (formerly Toleman and Benetton, now Lotus) is also based in the UK.
|Renault||12||Williams (5), Red Bull (4), Renault (2), Benetton (1)|
|Ford||10||Lotus (5), Williams (2), Matra (1), Tyrrell (1), McLaren (1)|
|Honda||6||McLaren (4), Williams (2)|
|Climax||4||Cooper (2), Lotus (2)|
|Mercedes||McLaren (1), Brawn (1)|
- List of Formula One World Constructors' Championship runners-up
- List of Formula One World Drivers' Champions
- List of Formula One World Drivers' Championship runners-up
- List of Formula One World Championship points scoring systems
- List of Formula One constructors
- "Formula1.com results archive". Retrieved December 16, 2005.
- "ChicaneF1.com – Constructors' Championships". Retrieved December 16, 2005.
- "GrandPrixStats.com – Constructors' Championships". Retrieved December 16, 2005.
- Amara, Solange; Davillerd, Cyril; et al. (2004). Formula One Yearbook 2004–05. Chronosports S.A. ISBN 2-84707-072-9.