List of Gall Force characters
First Story Characters
- The central character of First Story Arc and next in line after Eluza in the chain of command. Rabby is loyal to her shipmates above all other things. It is that loyalty which causes her to spare the first example of the "third race", due to it looking so much like Patty. When she finally understands the way her shipmates have been used and discarded, her disillusionment causes her to make a choice which determines the fate of all intelligent life. Her Rhea/Earth Chapter reincarnation, "Sandy Newman" is still the central character, driven by a desire to make up for her father's role in creating the NME.
- Voiced by: Naoko Matsui (Japanese), Ciarrai Nimhallie (English)
- The eldest and highest ranking of the major characters. With the captain of the Star Leaf crew in a meeting on the fleet flagship, Eluza is the next highest officer and second in command when the Paranoids attack the fleet. Her will is very strong and it is her inflexibility which leads to her final fate. Her Rhea/Earth Chapter reincarnation, "Fortin" demonstrates a similar difficulty in letting go of old enmities, even when the alternative is death.
- Rabby's best friend. A follower, not a leader, Patty's distinguishing characteristic is her tendency to go into trance-like moments of distraction. This trait may be related to why she does not reject the experiment the way Eluza did. Her Rhea/Earth Chapter reincarnation is Melody, who expresses several foreshadowed elements in Eternal Story.
- Voiced by: Eriko Hara (Japanese), P.R. Wellington (English)
- The youngest of the shipmates, she is the least capable and hardened of the soldiers and fills in the anime mascot cliché role. Rabby acts as a big sister to her, scolding and shielding her, and she dislikes Lufy. Like Rabby and Patty, she plays a direct, pivotal role for all intelligent life in the saga.
- Technically not even a member of the Star Leaf crew, Lufy crash-lands in a crippled Bain-class fighter just before the Star Leaf jumps into hyperspace. She is a cocky ace fighter pilot who pretends not to take dangerous situations seriously and does not follow orders very well, though she is loyal to her friends no matter what the cost to herself. Lufy has a less than favorable reputation for being the sole survivor from her flight groups, a fact which troubles her deeply. She becomes one of the main character in Destruction and Stardust War. Her Rhea/Earth Chapter reincarnation Score has the same reckless daring, although she seems somewhat calmer in this incarnation.
- Voiced by: Hiromi Tsuru (Japanese), Teresa Campbell (Eternal Story), India McDonald (Destruction & Stardust War) (English)
- The shy and easily frightened computer expert of the crew, Pony gets along much better with artificial intelligences than she does with any of the organic crew members. Her closest friends are Catty and the ship's computer, OX-11. She plays a direct role in Rabby's decisions later on in the story.
- A soft-seeming and idealistic crew member, she is really an Gynoid (android) copy created by the Solnoid intelligence chief, Catty Nebulart, to monitor the development of the "third race", i.e. the Terrans. She is determined to see the plan come to fruition, and is the only character to survive from the Solnoid-Paranoid War into the human age.
- Voiced by: Naoko Watanabe (Japanese), Ciarrai Nimhaille (Eternal Story), Rachael Lillis (Destruction & Stardust War) (English)
- Also spelled as Dohn, he's the commander of the Paranoid Axis forces who are trying to implement the Species Unification Project (or Project Exodermos). He seems to be fully resolute in his duty.
Destruction and Stardust War characters
- Shildy is the resolute and composed leader of the new Gall Force crew Lufy is taken into following her reanimation, and the main character in Destruction and Stardust War. Unlike her crewmates from the Solnoid, Shildy and her friends are familiar with the plan for the creation of a third race, meaning that Catty must have at some time confided in her. She also shares the dream of achieving peace for both races.
- Voiced by: Chika Kanda (Japanese), Ami Shukla (English)
- Shildy's best friend and confidant. She's particularly loyal to Shildy, going so far as to threaten others of death if they ever get in her way, and also seems to admire and hold Shildy in particularly high esteem.
- The new Gall Force crew's junior mascot, much the same way as Rumy for the previous crew. Amy is very shy and insecure, though she can handle herself in a fight if necessary.
- Catty Nebulart
- The Gynoid (android) Catty's biological template (though more advanced in age) and chief of Solnoid Intelligence, she is also the instigator of the plan to genetically unite the Solnoids and Paranoids. She is a pacifist at heart and even in the midst of war seeks a way to give both races yet a chance to live in harmony with each other.
- Supreme leader of the Solnoids, she leads the war against the Paranoids. She's obssessed with victory and will stop at nothing to wipe out all of the Paranoids. Her flagship is the Traverser, and she manifests herself in a sort of holographic display pod.
- Also spelled as Bohn, he's the supreme leader of the Paranoids and leads the war against the Solnoids. Although Journey's equivalent, he's not as maddened as Journey, although he too seeks total victory. His flagship is the largest in the fleet.
Rhea/Earth Chapter characters
- Sandy Newman
- The main character of Rhea and Earth Chapter, and reincarnation of Rabby. Being the daughter of Dr. Grey Newman, the discoverer of the ruins on the Moon, she feels responsible for the destruction caused by the MME. A gentle woman by nature, the struggle for survival has hardened her. Rather than give in to cynicism, Sandy chooses to stick with her idealism. She fights with firm resolve and by the beginning of the story has risen to the level of a minor officer in the resistance movement. It is her destiny to show the leader of the MME the truth.
- Dr. Grey Newman
- Father of Sandy and the creator of the NME. He led the research team that discovered the alien ruins on the moon. After the discovery, he urged the nations to only use the new-found technology for peaceful purposes, but in the rush to war he was ignored.
- Voiced by: Ikuya Sawaki (Japanese), Christopher Graham (English)
- Sandy's best friend, and the reincarnation of Patty. A gentle soul despite her soldier status, she became embittered of the NME after her love interest, Bohdy, was killed by them in the pilot episode.
- Eluza's reincarnation is a sergeant in the Eastern Forces resistance movement who has become hardened during the war. After losing her family in the human fighting before the rise of the NME, she became cynical and isolated, unable to trust (or emotionally tie herself to) other people. However, after meeting Sandy she soon relaxes and learns to open herself again.
- A vagabond and the reincarnation of Rumy's younger version who searched remains of destroyed cities for food. After Sandy found her, she began following Sandy’s band of resistance fighters. Mitty is young and full of optimism, but tough enough to keep up with everyone and survive. Her knowledge of the sewer systems in some areas are very essential to Sandy's group.
- An informal, laid-back person but a capable Eastern Forces soldier, and Lufy's reincarnation. After meeting Sandy, she perceives her as a natural leader and decides to fight alongside her group. Despite being sarcastic at times, she fights alongside Sandy right to the very end and never lets her friends down.
- Lamidia McKenzie
- Lamidia is a major in the Mars armed forces, and the reincarnation of Rumy's older version. She urges the general to send reinforcements to assist the resistance fighters on Earth. When she learns of the military conspiracy to destroy the Earth, she takes her subordinates and hijacks a spaceship to stand in the Hecatoncheir’s way. In the final battle, she succeeds in persuading the leaders on Mars to hold back their orbital bombardment and allow the resistance the time they need to remove the MME.
- Voiced by: Yuriko Yamamoto (Japanese), Lynna Dunham (English)
- Varji is the captain of the Hecatoncheir, a massive plasma weapon-equipped spaceship sent from Mars, and Shildy's reincarnation. Unlike Shildy, she is firm to her duties to the point where she is willing to sacrifice the resistance fighters on Australia, although like Shildy, she firmly believes this to be necessary for humanity's survival. When the Hecatoncheir is destroyed she lands on Earth and joins the resistance with her crew, although with reservations.
- Voiced by: Chika Kanda (Japanese), Ami Shukla (English)
- A tank unit commander who is Sandy's love interest and stoutest ally in the Western Forces.
- Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue (Japanese), James Wolfe (English)
- A cyborg, and one of the few survivors of his kind following the rise of the NME. Originally a sergeant and the commanding/supervising officer of a Western NME unit in the war between East and West.
- Voiced by: Yūsaku Yara (Japanese), Gregory Wolfe (English)
- Arguably the "reincarnation" of the Borne, he truly resembles his Paranoid predecessors, and is bent on the complete annihilation of all mankind in the Solar System. He's the overmind leader of the MME. However, his obssessive hatred against humanity doesn't stop him from making wise decisions for the sake of the MME's survival.
- Voiced by: Masaharu Satou (Japanese), Mark Knight (English)
New Era Characters
Rabby and Sandy's reincarnation, she works in the archives of the city, and is clumsy albeit hardworking and highly intelligent. She is prone to breaking transit laws. She is one of the six women chosen by Catty with the new rise of G.O.R.N.
- Voiced by: Chisa Yokoyama (Japanese), Jorjeana Genchur (English)
Pony's reincarnation in New Era.
- Voiced by: Akiko Hiramatsu (Japanese), Carol Jacobanis (English)
Eluza/Elza and Fortin's reincarnation, she works with the city government and was tasked with finding a solution to the city's overpopulation problems. After her plan is rejected, she gets caught in G.O.R.N.'s new rise, as she is chosen by Catty.
- Voiced by: Yuri Amano (Japanese), Lisa Ortiz (English)
Lufy's and Score's reincarnation, she is a pilot of the forces stationed in the Moon. Whether by chance or by Catty's design, she is caught in G.O.R.N.'s rise when the missiles in the Moon are launched towards Mars, forcing the command to send manned fighters to intercept them. She is forced to join the rest of the new Gall Force after her squad is wiped out.
Ramy, Lamidia and Mitty's reincarnation in New Era. She lives with her parents and works at the archives like Crys. She is one of the women chosen by Catty in preparation for G.O.R.N.'s rise.
- Voiced by: Yuri Shiratori (Japanese), Eileen Stevens (English)
Patty and Melody's reincarnation, she seems to be interested in dating men. Caught during G.O.R.N.'s rise, it is lated discovered she is part-Yuman, causing distrust among the rest of the new Gall Force, particularly Dia.
- Voiced by: Miki Ishioka (Japanese), Rebecca Honig (English)
Unlike her former version, Catty is a Yuman who seems to have all the knowledge of the previous Catty androids. For one reason or another, she decided to select the reincarnations of the first Gall Force, in anticipation for G.O.R.N., and made an elaborate plan to allow these girls to escape from G.O.R.N.'s sphere of influence. However, many events throughout New Era seals her fate.
- Voiced by: Naoko Watanabe (Japanese), Rachael Lillis (English)
The main, or at least, the "physical", antagonist in New Era, he is one of the few remaining pure-blood Yumans, a new race of powerful humans. Like his predecessor, Genova, he seeks freedom for all Yumans and the subjugation of humanity. To these ends, he seeks to use G.O.R.N. (to whom he refers as "supreme leader") as well as fellow Yumans in the city as his mains allies/tools in his struggle against humanity. However, G.O.R.N. proves to be much more than he bargained for, sealing his fate (as well as that of all Yumans and humans alike).
- Voiced by: Nozomu Sasaki (Japanese), Michael Sinterniklaas (English)