List of Guggenheim Fellowships awarded in 1970
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of Guggenheim Fellowship winners for 1970.
United States and Canadian fellows
- Patrick Ahern, Professor of Mathematics, University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Michael M. Ames, Former Director and Professor Emeritus, Museum of Anthropology, University of British Columbia.
- Albert K. Ando, Professor of Economics and Finance, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jon Howard Appleton, Composer; Arthur R. Virgin Professor of Music, Dartmouth College.
- David Cass, Professor of Economics, Carnegie Mellon University
- Joseph Chaikin, Theatre Arts. Founder of The Open Theater
- Andrew P. Debicki, Professor of Spanish & Portuguese Literature, University of Kansas.
- Ed Koren, artist, cartoonist
- Karl Korte, composer
- Gerald S. Lesser (1926–2010), psychologist who played a major role in developing the educational programming included in Sesame Street.
- Gary T. Marx, Professor Emeritus of Sociology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Joel Meyerowitz, photographer
- William A. Tiller, Professor Emeritus of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University
- Minor White, Professor of Photography, MIT
- Fox, Margalit. "Gerald S. Lesser, Shaper of ‘Sesame Street,’ Dies at 84", The New York Times, October 4, 2010. Accessed October 4, 2010.