List of Guyanese Britons
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (September 2012)|
|Part of a series on|
|English · Scottish · Welsh|
|German · Greek · Italian · Spanish|
|Azerbaijani · Cypriot · Iranian · Iraqi · Turkish|
|Bangladeshi · Indian · Pakistani · Sri Lankan|
|African and Caribbean|
|Barbadian · Guyanese · Jamaican
|Brazilian · Mexican|
This is a list of notable Guyanese British people.
- John Agard, playwright, poet and children's writer.
- Phil Lynott, frontman of the rock band Thin Lizzy, with an Afro-Guyanese father.
- Tina Barrett, singer from S Club, Guyanese mother.
- Hew Locke, contemporary sculptor, son of Guyanese sculptor Donald Locke.
- Laurie Taitt (1934–2006), Olympic sprint hurdler.
- "John Agard - was born on 21 June 1949 in British Guiana (now Guyana)". Contemporarywriters.com. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Thin Lizzy Frontman Phil Lynott Leaves the 'Whiskey in the Jar' Empty - Twisted Tales". Spinner.com. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "S Club 7's Tina Barrett Talks To Holy Moly about her return to pop | Music Interviews". Holy Moly!. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Hew Locke | Artist and Sculptor | Guyana UK". Itzcaribbean.com. 2012-08-12. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Profile of Laurie Taitt". Sports Reference. Retrieved 8 July 2014.