List of Hart of Dixie episodes
Hart of Dixie is an American television comedy-drama created by Leila Gerstein for The CW, with executive producers, Gerstein, Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage, Jason Ensler, and Len Goldstein. The series first airs Monday nights at 9:00 p.m. as a lead-out to Gossip Girl. The series stars Rachel Bilson as Dr. Zoe Hart, who aspires to be like her father and become a cardio-thoracic surgeon. After four years of residency at New York Hospital, Zoe does not get a fellowship and takes up an offer to move south to work in a small medical practice. On April 26, 2013, The CW renewed Hart of Dixie for a third season.
During the first season of the series '&' was formatted into the episode titles with a play on words or alliteration. The only episodes not to feature this were "Pilot", "Hell's Belles", "Heart to Hart", and "The Big Day". Seasons 2 and 3 use country music songs as titles of the episodes, such as the season 3 episode 16 "Carrying Your Love with Me" by George Strait.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||22||September 26, 2011||May 14, 2012|
|2||22||October 2, 2012||May 7, 2013|
|3||22||October 7, 2013||May 16, 2014|
|4||10||December 15, 2014||March 27, 2015|
Season 1 (2011–12)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|1||1||"Pilot"||Jason Ensler||Leila Gerstein||September 26, 2011||2J6191||1.88|
|Fast-talking New York doctor, Zoe Hart, has her life all figured out until she is turned down for a prestigious fellowship she had been certain she would get. Desperate, she decides to finally accept the offer of a kindly stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes (guest star Nicholas Pryor), whom she met at her medical school graduation years earlier, and who had proposed she join his small medical practice in the small Mobile Bay town of Bluebell, Alabama. Upon arrival, Zoe learns that Dr. Wilkes had died four months earlier and willed his half of the town's medical practice to her, which she must share with the resident doctor, Brick Breeland, who is not very eager to have her there. Zoe meets George Tucker, the town's lawyer and "golden boy", but makes an enemy out of Lemon Breeland, Dr. Breeland's conservative daughter. In her first medical case, Zoe must look after a very pregnant local woman who is trying to hide her pregnancy, and later must be the pregnant woman's labor coach when she goes into labor.|
|2||2||"Parades & Pariahs"||Jason Ensler||Leila Gerstein||October 3, 2011||2J6152||1.75|
|Hoping it might help the residents of Bluebell accept her as one of their own, Zoe agrees to join Mayor Lavon Hayes on his float during the town's annual Founder's Day Parade, but accidentally crashing the float does not exactly help Zoe win over the stuffy Lemon Breeland and the rest of the residents of Bluebell. To make matters worse, George Tucker, informs Zoe that contractually she needs to bring in thirty percent of the business or Dr. Brick Breeland will have the option to buy out her half of the medical practice. Also, Zoe deals with Lemon's visiting cousin, Betty, whom is showing signs of the early onset of multiple sclerosis, but wants to keep her condition a secret.|
|3||3||"Gumbo & Glory"||Andrew McCarthy||David Babcock||October 10, 2011||2J6153||1.57|
|Zoe enters the annual Bluebell gumbo competition hoping that people will start to accept her as one of them. One patient she sees was bitten by a snake, and in the process of finding out what kind of snake, Zoe gets bitten and can only use one of her hands. When she has a particularly challenging medical emergency, she needs help from Brick, who also benefits from her expertise in another attempt to oust her from his medical practice. Meanwhile, Lavon develops a crush on Zoe's new receptionist Didi.|
|4||4||"In Havoc & In Heat"||David Paymer||Rina Mimoun||October 17, 2011||2J6155||1.65|
As Bluebell is hit by an intense heat wave, Zoe discovers that the hot weather makes everyone act differently and with a lot less inhibition intact, it takes all of Zoe's strength to ignore her heat-induced attraction to Wade until it gets the best of her. Meanwhile, Lemon prepares for the arrival of George's family, determined to win them over, but her uptight emotions get the best of her when Lavon shows up to the same restaurant with his date, Didi.Note: On the DVD edition of season one, episodes 4 and 5 have been swapped around. Episode 4 (Televised) "In Havoc & In Heat" becomes episode 5, and "Faith & Infidelity" becomes episode 4 instead of the televised episode 5.
|5||5||"Faith & Infidelity"||Ron Lagomarsino||Debra Fordham||October 24, 2011||2J6154||2.01|
|Zoe receives test results which say the town minister has syphilis. She tells his wife that he must have cheated, despite a 1% chance that he could have contracted it another way. Meanwhile, Lavon is asked to endorse an itching cream. Wade runs over an old drunk who Zoe learns is Wade's estranged father and George and Lemon argue over the town funds.|
|6||6||"The Undead & The Unsaid"||Tom Amandes||Donald Todd||November 7, 2011||2J6156||1.45|
|Zoe believes she is being stalked by a man who has been dead for over a year after running him over with her car. Zoe's mother (JoBeth Williams) returns to town wanting to settle their differences. Meanwhile, Lemon's younger sister, Magnolia (Claudia Lee), causes trouble within the Breeland household over her outgoing ways.|
|7||7||"The Crush & The Crossbow"||David Paymer||Leila Gerstein||November 14, 2011||2J6157||1.62|
|Zoe backs out on a date with Judson Lyons, a single veterinarian, and spends time with George after seeing a movie. Lemon and Lavon host a turtle race. Wade gets divorced from Tansy (Mircea Monroe), a woman that he has not had contact with in years.|
|8||8||"Homecoming & Coming Home"||Jeremiah Chechik||Rina Mimoun||November 21, 2011||2J6158||1.77|
|Zoe recruits Gigi, her party planner friend from New York, to help her plan Bluebell's homecoming football party, but it naturally does not go as Zoe plans it. Two of the high school quarterbacks may miss the homecoming game due to flu-like symptoms and Zoe must figure out what the ailment is. Meanwhile, Lemon helps George and Wade set up a prank on an old high school bully.|
|9||9||"The Pirate & The Practice"||Joe Lazarov||Debra Fordham||November 28, 2011||2J6159||1.90|
|Zoe plans on going back to New York for Thanksgiving to visit her mother until she learns that she needs a few more patients to keep her half of the practice with Brick. Meanwhile, George's parents scheme to have George and Lemon move out of Bluebell by giving George a lucrative job at a law firm in Mobile as part of their continuing agenda to keep George and Lemon apart. Also, Lavon encourages Wade to express his feelings for Zoe.|
|10||10||"Hairdos & Holidays"||David Paymer||David Babcock||December 5, 2011||2J6160||1.81|
|It is Christmas time in Bluebell and Zoe encourages Rose (McKaley Miller) to enter the annual Miss Cinnamon Cider Beauty Pageant competing against Lemon's younger sister, Magnolia Breeland, resuming the bitter rivalry between Zoe and Lemon. Meanwhile, George and Wade get arrested for illegally chopping down a tree to be the Christmas tree for Bluebell's town square. Also, Lemon looks back on her relationship with her mother (guest star Meredith Monroe), who walked out on her family on Christmas Eve without a word or warning 12 years ago, which led to the start of Lemon's past relationship with Lavon.|
|11||11||"Hell's Belles"||Janice Cooke||Donald Todd||January 23, 2012||2J6161||1.23|
|Zoe discovers that the women in her family were once southern belles and decides to join Lemon's clique of belles to get more in touch with her family history. But Lemon is determined not to let Zoe join her group and instigates a brutal hazing on Zoe to break her spirits. Meanwhile, Lavon's dating life is continually ruined after his one bad date with dim-witted Didi (Nadine Velazquez) who is under the delusion that Lavon is in love with her and wants to marry her. Also, George tries to get Wade to stop his father from selling his property to a retail company.|
|12||12||"Mistress & Misunderstandings"||James Hayman||Beth Schwartz||January 30, 2012||2J6163||1.54|
|Zoe and fellow Blue Belle Annabeth are secret girlfriends... secret because Annabeth does not want Lemon to find out, which would ruin Annabeth's reputation since socializing with "people of lower class" is forbidden among the traditional residents, all of whom still resent Zoe's presence in town. Zoe's happy behavior makes the people of Bluebell suspicious and Wade mistakenly thinks she is having an affair with Judson, who shows up asking Zoe to reconcile with him. Meanwhile, Lemon is doing everything she can to become the new Memory Matron but with Zoe's help Annabeth gets the job. Eventually, Zoe is forced to take matters a little further with Judson, leaving Wade jealous and defeated.|
|13||13||"Sweetie Pies & Sweaty Palms"||Patrick Norris||Leila Gerstein||February 6, 2012||2J6162||1.52|
|It is dance time in Bluebell for the annual Valentine's Day Sweetie Pie Dance. George plans a romantic evening at the dance with Lemon, but his plan backfires as Lemon tries to set up her father, who still pines for his wife, with another woman hoping it will help him move on. Zoe initially declines Judson's invitation to go to the dance after feeling they are rushing the resumption of their romance, but changes her mind when Wade manipulates both Judson and Zoe into going. Meanwhile, Lavon is shocked when he sees Didi with another man, who he later finds out is her ex-boyfriend. Lemon breaks down after the dance when her father comes home without his date. She tells her father to get over her mother as she is not coming back and she finally reveals that she indeed located her mother at Christmas time and she is living in a nearby town under a new name and has a new husband and daughter. Also, Judson breaks up with Zoe as he sees the chemistry between her and Wade. Didi and Lavon make up, and Didi finds a photo of Lemon in Levon's desk.|
|14||14||"Aliens & Aliases"||Tom Amandes||Debra Fordham||February 13, 2012||2J6164||1.64|
|Lavon asks Zoe to help him figure out why Didi has been avoiding him, but once Zoe uncovers the shocking reason that Lavon used to be romantically involved with Lemon Breeland and still pines for her, Zoe is unsure what to do with the information. Meanwhile, Wade convinces Lemon to dress up as Joelle in order to convince Joelle's jealous ex-boyfriend that he did not actually see Wade and Joelle together. Also, George comes to Zoe for advice in determining whether there is a medical explanation for the behavior of one of his clients.|
|15||15||"Snowflakes & Soulmates"||Andy Wolk||David Babcock||February 20, 2012||2J6165||1.57|
|Zoe is thrilled to see snow fall for the first time in Bluebell, but the rest of the town is superstitious that it will bring bad luck. Meanwhile, Lavon's parents (Ernie Hudson and Valarie Pettiford) make a unexpected visit to Bluebell and Lavon thinks it is the perfect opportunity to introduce them to Didi, but the introduction does not exactly go according to plan which prompts Wade to help Lavon out with his parents predicament. Zoe tries to reach her estranged father living in Europe but learns that he has disappeared with no explanation. Elsewhere, Lemon and George make a big decision about their future when they decide to travel to Charleston, South Carolina to elope, but Magnolia as well as Brick learn about it and insist they tag along.|
|16||16||"Tributes & Triangles"||Joe Lazarov||Michelle Paradise||February 27, 2012||2J6166||1.41|
|George is named Bluebell's Man of the Year, making everyone happy, except Brick who wanted the title for himself. As the town's mayor, Lavon is expected to host a cocktail party in George's honor, but this is a difficult situation for Lavon given his history with Lemon and his fear of public speaking. Zoe agrees to step in and help Lavon organize the party, but things take a turn for the disastrous when Zoe has to improvise a speech at the gathering and reveals her secret crush on George. Meanwhile, Magnolia begs Wade to write a song and perform it with her at the party as part of her agenda to get closer to him as well as use it as an outlet for her rebellious nature just to spite Brick. George's father also arrives back in town after Zoe persuades George to contact him, but the visit leads to a downbeat outcome.|
|17||17||"Heart to Hart"||Tim Matheson||Rina Mimoun||April 9, 2012||2J6167||1.20|
|Zoe decides upon acting cold and aloof towards her father Dr. Ethan Hart (Gary Cole) when he arrives to operate on George's father, but this proves difficult as he seems glad to see her. Unfortunately, he seems to want a purely friendly relationship, while she still desires a father. Meanwhile, Lemon decides to befriend Zoe, believing it will prevent the exposure of her affair with Lavon. Elsewhere, Mr. Maynard (John Marshall Jones), the owner of the Rammer Jammer has Shelley and Wade face-off in a signature cocktail contest for the establishment's anniversary, with Wade finding his gift of making cocktails.|
|18||18||"Bachelorettes & Bullets"||Patrick Norris||Donald Todd||April 16, 2012||2J6168||1.37|
|George remembers seeing Lavon and Lemon kissing and asks for Zoe's advice, if it really happened. Zoe, already knowing the truth, lies about it to protect her friend Lavon. Due to a series of circumstances, George ends up on a hunting trip that doubles as his bachelor party, with both Wade and Lavon tagging along. During the trip in tracking down a large bear, George confronts Lavon who finally tells him the truth about his brief affair with Lemon while George was living in New York two years prior. Predictably, George takes the news very badly, later breaking off his engagement with Lemon as well as telling Zoe that they are no longer friends for lying to him about Lemon and Lavon. Meanwhile, Magnolia plans Lemon's bachelorette party on a party bus complete with a male stripper. Also, Zoe begins a romance with a patient named Jesse (Justin Hartley), later finding out that he is Wade's estranged brother.|
|19||19||"Destiny & Denial"||David Paymer||Leila Gerstein||April 23, 2012||2J6169||1.28|
|Zoe and Lemon attempt try to apologize to George about keeping secrets from him, but see that he is in a very pleasant mood about the situation. George then goes on a spontaneous trip to New Orleans and invites Zoe to join him, where they finally kiss. Meanwhile, Wade wakes up in the morning after a crazy night of drinking and begins to re-evaluate his relationship with his ex-wife Tansy. Scotty McCreary guest stars.|
|20||20||"The Race & the Relationship"||Ron Lagomarsino||Alex Katsnelson||April 30, 2012||2J6170||1.39|
|It is time for the annual Bluebell Battle competition. Wade signs himself up for the battle in hopes of winning a $5,000 cash prize and asks Zoe to be his team mate after Lavon injures his foot. Zoe agrees, but has an ulterior motive in hopes to get close to George. Meanwhile, Frederick Dean finally asks Rose out on a date, which happens after Zoe convinces Rose's mother Annie (Ann Cusack), to let them have it. George and Lemon meet with Reverend Mayfair to discuss their relationship issues which leads to them competing in the Bluebell Battle.|
|21||21||"Disaster Drills & Departures"||Jeremiah Chechik||Donald Todd||May 7, 2012||2J6171||1.37|
|Zoe blames herself, and nearly everyone else in town does the same, when Rose is hospitalized with appendicitis and Zoe mistook the symptoms as love sickness. After much encouragement from Lavon, Wade explores the idea of opening his own bar in Bluebell. Meanwhile, Lemon plans a romantic night for George, hoping to get their relationship (and wedding day) back on track. Also, Zoe's father, Ethan, arrives back in Bluebell which makes her consider leaving town for good.|
|22||22||"The Big Day"||Tim Matheson||Leila Gerstein||May 14, 2012||2J6172||1.60|
|George and Lemon's wedding day finally arrives, except a big thunderstorm suddenly rolls into Bluebell which puts everyone's lives at risk. Zoe, while doing an errand for Lavon, seeks shelter from the storm in a barn with Wade, leading to some awkward moments between both of them. Zoe and Wade finally give in to their emotions. But at the end, George walks away from his wedding and confesses his love for Zoe.|
Season 2 (2012–13)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|23||1||"I Fall to Pieces"||Tim Matheson||Leila Gerstein||October 2, 2012||217251||1.53|
|The day after George walked out on Lemon, he struggles with his growing feelings to Zoe, who tells him about her tryst with Wade. Now that Zoe knows the true feelings of both George and Wade, she must choose between the two men. Zoe seeks the advice of former Bluebell resident Ruby Jeffries (Golden Brooks). The two become fast friends, but no one in Bluebell is excited to see Ruby return, especially Lavon who has history with her. Brick continues to blame Zoe and George for Lemon's depression which gets in the way with his date with Emily. Meanwhile, Lemon decides to move on from George and start over fresh by finding a job and her own apartment. However, Lemon has no experience with living on her own and she ends up, of all places, at Zoe's house to ramble on about her life. The townspeople mistakenly think that Lemon intends to hurt Zoe after seeing her enter holding a cake knife, and George and Wade get into a fistfight over Zoe.|
|24||2||"Always on My Mind"||Anton Cropper||Carter Covington||October 9, 2012||217252||1.19|
|Zoe finds herself trying to help Rose find someone to perform at her Bluebell rock concert. Meanwhile, Lemon gets hired at the Rammer Jammer as a waitress, but does a terrible job. Lavon and Ruby continue to get to know each other more. Ruby later tells Lavon that she is running against him for mayor.|
|25||3||"If It Makes You Happy"||Elodie Keene||Alex Taub||October 16, 2012||217253||1.40|
|Distraught after learning that her old medical school has listed her occupation as "retired", Zoe tries to get a medical story published by her medical alumni magazine to show that she is still in the medical business. When Tom walks in the office with a strange rash, Zoe suspects it may be leporsy in which she enlists Wade to help her capture an armadillo on Crazy Earl's property. Meanwhile, George goes a date with Shelby (Laura Bell Bundy), a woman from out of town. Upon hearing about George's date, Lemon has a "girls night out" with Annabeth where she meets an attractive dentist named Walt Blodgett. Also, Brick is still resentful towards George for breaking Lemon's heart at the altar and he ruins his date with Shelby. With Ruby now running against him for mayor, Lavon begins thinking about why he became mayor in the first place.|
|26||4||"Suspicious Minds"||John Stephens||Jamie Gorenberg||October 23, 2012||217254||1.32|
|Though Zoe is trying to keep things casual with Wade, she starts to feel jealous when she sees him with another woman. Zoe decides to get back at Wade by going out on a date with Ruby's cousin Zack to make Wade jealous. Lavon reluctantly agrees to hire Lemon as his campaign manager, but he unexpectedly finds himself in the middle of a town scandal when he takes the fall for her when Lemon is caught shoplifting a home pregnancy test, a move which could cost him the mayoral race. Meanwhile, with Lemon no longer living at home and on Annabeth's ex-husband's houseboat, Brick and Magnolia struggle with the household chores and come up with a plan to get Lemon to move back home. Elsewhere, George deals with Shelby's continuing neediness when she shows up at his place after thinking he's invited her over for a dinner date when in fact he wants to break up with her.|
|27||5||"Walkin' After Midnight"||Joe Lazarov||Veronica Becker & Sarah Kucserka||October 30, 2012||217255||1.41|
|Zoe finds out that George has been sleepwalking into her bedroom. She agrees to cure him, and cancels date plans with Wade. After Zoe "cures" George of his sleepwalking, they talk and Zoe tells George that that she is seeing someone, who she has real feelings for, and that he should do the same. Lavon and Annabeth start a fake relationship so Lavon can get major votes from a (big) family that are rivals of Lavon's alma mater. However, Lavon and Annabeth's plan rubs Lemon the wrong way.|
|28||6||"I Walk the Line"||Tim Matheson||Donald Todd||November 13, 2012||217256||1.62|
|It's Election Day and every vote counts to decide whether Lavon or Ruby will be mayor. Zoe tries to figure out why Brick has been acting so flustered. Zoe agrees to teach Magnolia how to drive in exchange for asking Brick to examine him. Lemon goes to great lengths to ensure that Lamon wins the election when she finds him still hooked on Ruby. Meanwhile, Wade recruits George to try to convince his ex-wife Tansy, who is currently living in a trailer on the outskirts of town, to come back in order to vote, but George finds himself draw to her instead when Wade hooks up Tansy's trailer to his pickup truck to force her to move back to BlueBell for the day.|
|29||7||"Baby, Don't Get Hooked on Me"||Michael Schultz||Carter Covington||November 20, 2012||217257||1.23|
|Zoe treats Max, the kicker of the high school football team, who then develops a crush on her. Zoe tries to let him down easy, but the town wants her to continue the charade with Max until his team wins the big homecoming game. Meanwhile, Annabeth is reluctant to start a catering business with Lemon. Ruby's grumpy grandfather Sergeant Jefferies (Charlie Robinson) still refuses to forgive Lavon for breaking Ruby's heart years ago. Artistic gymnast McKayla Maroney also guests.|
|30||8||"Achy Breaky Hearts"||Janice Cooke||Alex Taub||November 27, 2012||2J7258||1.39|
|Zoe and Lemon are both struggling to accept Lavon's new relationship with Ruby, so they set out to uncover Ruby's true intentions. Meanwhile, Wade agrees to supervise a Little Ranger's camping trip, hoping to avoid a potentially awkward confrontation with George. However, when George unexpectedly shows up on the camping trip, their conversation forces Wade to see his relationship in a different light. Brick wants to take his relationship with Emily to the next level, but he is surprised to learn who is uncomfortable with the plan.|
|31||9||"Sparks Fly"||Norman Buckley||Jamie Gorenberg||December 4, 2012||2J7259||1.60|
|Wade starts to feel like he is nothing more than a placeholder in Zoe's life and decides that they should go on an date. So, they decide on a "proper date": as participants in the town's annual bachelors 'picnic basket' auction. Tom's is claimed by Wanda, but several couples fail to properly determine the basket contents and thus get mismatched; Lemon gets stuck with Lavon instead of dentist Walt Blodgett. George is stuck with Wade's fierce ex-wife Tansy, who takes him on a mission to help her steal back the dog she lost in divorce. Magnolia pushes Brick to enter and he gets stuck with a cellphone app-addicted teacher.|
|32||10||"Blue Christmas"||Patrick Norris||Leila Gerstein||December 11, 2012||2J7260||1.41|
|Zoe finds herself anxious that her ever-critical mother will be visiting BlueBell soon for the holidays. In order to avoid spending quality time with her mother, she busies herself with a patient but potentially ruins Christmas Eve for the whole town by giving the guy playing Santa Claus the day off. Trying to fix the problem, Zoe upsets Wade by turning to his alcoholic father, Crazy Earl (Christopher Curry) to ask him to play Santa at the town's annual Christmas party... a part he gave up years ago after the cancer death of Wade's mother which drove Earl to drinking. Meanwhile, Lavon is desperate to make the week special for Ruby, but his plan goes awry when Lemon gets involved. Elsewhere, George is struggling with picking out the perfect present for Tansy. But a wedding ring left in the Joseph suit starts the rumor George is going to propose to Tansy, but it's Lavon's desperate attempt to persuade Ruby to stay in town. Zoe gets caught in ill-conceived lies to pretend being a total success for her mother, who actually gives her the needed notch to humbly make up with Wade. Also, George catches Brick in bed with Shelby.|
|33||11||"Old Alabama"||David Paymer||Veronica Becker & Sarah Kucserka||January 15, 2013||2J7261||1.37|
|With Lavon preoccupied with his personal life, he lets his Mayoral duties slip at the worst time, as BlueBell's Pioneer Day is fast approaching and a reporter from Southern Living magazine is in town. Seeing that he needs help, Zoe and Wade volunteer to help him out by playing BlueBell's "Founding Couple". Zoe is also trying a new tack when it comes to her relationship with Wade, which has her taking on many new projects. Lemon and Annabeth devise a plan to get Lavon to let them cater the First Feast, in order to get some publicity for their new business. Meanwhile, George gives advice to Brick on how to handle his new relationship with Shelby.|
|34||12||"Islands In the Stream"||Joe Lazarov||Donald Todd||January 22, 2013||2J7262||1.45|
|George's parents arrive in Blue Bell for a visit and they quickly disapprove of Tansy as his new girlfriend. At the same time, Wade finds that he has to do the things that Zoe enjoys even if he does not like it. It leads to Mrs. Tucker luring George and Zoe to the houseboat to try to set them up after seeing that they still have chemistry between them. Meanwhile, Brick wants to tell Lemon and Magnolia about his newfound romance with Shelby. However, Lemon already suspects Brick of seeing someone, and begins to mistakenly think it might be Annabeth. Also, Annabeth meets a new visitor in town: an Englishman named Oliver, whom she develops a crush on. But Lavon is suspicious and does some research to find out who Oliver really is.|
|35||13||"Lovesick Blues"||Ron Lagomarsino||Alex Taub||January 29, 2013||2J7263||1.32|
|When Zoe is alerted by the Health Department about a flu epidemic heading towards BlueBell, she is forced to put the town on lockdown. Because of the quarantine, Wade is forced to stay at his ex-girlfriend's house causing Zoe to become jealous. Lemon's plan for the perfect night with Walt goes awry when she begins to feel under the weather. Meanwhile, George finds himself roped into directing Lavon's tourism commercial about BlueBell's small-town charm, but it seems Lavon is more preoccupied with his co-star than his commercial.|
|36||14||"Take Me Home, Country Roads"||Jeremiah Chechik||Carter Covington||February 5, 2013||2J7264||1.44|
|George is given the responsibility of watching Tansy's most prized possession, her dog, when she leaves town for the day but panics when the dog goes missing. Wade starts to feel frustrated by the lack of alone time with Zoe, especially when she is focused more on not losing her good status in the town to a new doctor, Jonah, who also happens to be Brick's nephew. Brick is ready to let the town know about his relationship with Shelby, but Lemon and Magnolia are doing everything they can to get rid of her while they are planning a birthday party for their father. Meanwhile, Lavon wants to take a chance on a new relationship with Annabeth, but first has to clear the air with one person: Lemon.|
|37||15||"The Gambler"||Jim Hayman||Dan Steele||February 19, 2013||2J7265||1.37|
|Wade is excited to compete in the Battle of The Bands competition so he can use the prize money to open up his own bar, but Zoe's suggestion that George play in the band ultimately backfires. Lemon finds herself alone for the weekend until she talks Magnolia into some sisterly bonding. Meanwhile, Lavon, who has seemingly given up on love after Annabeth's rejection of him, agrees to help Tom with his relationship with Wanda, which in turn opens his eyes to his own future.|
|38||16||"Where I Lead Me"||Kevin Mock||Leila Gerstein||February 26, 2013||2J7266||1.38|
|With the sudden nuptials of Wanda and Tom in BlueBell in a costume wedding, Zoe agrees to be maid of honor, which entails the difficult job of watching Wanda's crafty lush of a mother Betsy Maynard. Zoe uses her wedding duties to try to avoid the awkwardness between her and Wade, but has a feeling something is wrong. Meanwhile, Lavon hears about the neighboring town, Filmore, trying to build a shopping mall next to their local beach at Mobile Bay and he enlists George's help to fight it, but an unexpected side of George rears its ugly head during a deposition between George and Filmore's even snootier lawyer Scooter McGreevey. Elsewhere, Cricket drags Lemon to a Gypsy fortuneteller, who says she already met her true love, which seems to fit the town nut Dale King, but she ultimately makes up in stead with AnnaBeth.|
|39||17||"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"||David Paymer||Jamie Gorenberg||March 5, 2013||2J7267||1.50|
|Zoe, recently hurt by Wade and confused as to be angry or sad, accidentally lets her insecurity rub off on Rose and her boyfriend Max's relationship when Jonah makes a light hearted move on her which makes Zoe mistakenly think that Max may have cheated on Rose. Meanwhile, Wade and Lavon are forced by Reverend Peter Mayfair to work together at the congregation's annual fundraiser – which causes tension between the two and when money goes missing, and Wade is Lavon's first suspect. Magnolia and Lemon try to sabotage their father's relationship with Shelby by snooping around her open house with the help of George and discovering Shelby's "secret". George and Lemon share a staged kiss.|
|40||18||"Why Don't We Get Drunk?"||Rebecca Asher||Veronica Becker & Sarah Kucserka||April 9, 2013||2J7268||1.20|
|Lavon's big plans of making BlueBell a Spring Break destination hit a roadblock when the competing town of Filmore tries to lure the partiers away. With the help of the visiting Ruby Jeffries, Lavon creates a "hands-on-a-boat" competition that is bound to attract some attention. Eager to join in some much-deserved fun, Zoe agrees to give partying a try with Jonah Breeland, but seeing them together makes George jealous. Wade and Lemon decide to compete in Lavon's contest in order to win the grand prize to buy the Rammer Jammer, which they have learned is for sale after Wally decides to sell. Meanwhile, Brick has been acting odd and when everyone begins to notice they force him to seek medical treatment after a life-threatening cyst is found in his brain.|
|41||19||"This Kiss"||Bethany Rooney||Leila Gerstein||April 16, 2013||2J7269||1.30|
|When the town decides to put on a performance of Shakespeare's most iconic scenes, George and Zoe refuse to play Romeo and Juliet, but eventually agree just to prove to everyone that they are over each other. Lemon and Wade are excited about taking over the reins at the Rammer Jammer as co-owners, but things come to a halt when they lose all the staff two days before the grand re-opening. Meanwhile, Brick decides to offer a week of free counseling to everyone in BlueBell as he recovers from his brain surgery and winds up helping the two most unlikely people, Zoe and Lavon, but in his effort to help others he learns a secret he has been keeping from himself.|
|42||20||"If Tomorrow Never Comes"||Jim Hayman||Alex Taub||April 23, 2013||2J7270||1.10|
|After Zoe tricks Jonah into spilling a secret about Brick, she unintentionally makes things worse for Brick in his love life with Shelby. Following Brick's advice, Zoe decides she must finally express her feelings, but timing never seems to be her strong suit. Wade and Lemon must learn to work together, but things go awry when they each try to prove that they know what is best for the new Rammer Jammer. Knowing what Wade and Lemon are up to, Lavon and Annabeth agree to not get involved, but that might be easier said than done. Meanwhile, Tansy's three hillbilly brothers surprise her with an unexpected visit, leaving George to look after them and put up with their wild antics.|
|43||21||"I'm Moving On"||Janice Cooke||Donald Todd||April 30, 2013||2J7271||1.20|
|Zoe's attempts at online dating hit a few snags until Rose and Max take matters into their own hands and play matchmaker by setting her up with Max's father to be their chaperones at their high school junior prom. Faced with yet another setback with the Rammer Jammer when it gets closed by the state health board, Lemon and Wade are close to throwing in the towel. George tries everything he can think of to prove to Tansy that they belong together, but she still has her doubts. Brick lends Lemon and Wade enough money to clean up the Rammer Jammer for it to re-open. Brick and Shelby decide that they might have acted too rashly, which forces them to make a difficult decision about their future together. Meanwhile, Lavon refuses Annabeth's help in stopping the continue feud with the competing town's mayor, leaving her to take a different task.|
|44||22||"On the Road Again"||Tim Matheson||Leila Gerstein & Len Goldstein||May 7, 2013||2J7272||1.19|
|In the second season finale, Zoe wakes up and realizes she slept with Wade the night before. George walks in to discover them. Deciding to get some distance from her life, Zoe decides to travel to New York City for a wedding. After Tansy breaks up with George and leaves town, he is more alone and depressed then ever until Lily Ann approaches and offers an outlet for his emotions by writing and singing. Elsewhere, the corrupt and swarmy Mayor Gainy of Filmore kidnaps Lavon's pet alligator, which leads to Lavon assembling a group of local misfits, (Wanda, Tom, Reverend Mayfair, Meatball, Sergeant Jefferies, and Frank) to try to reclaim it. Lemon attempts to get the band Gloriana to perform at the Rammer Jammer and she enlists Wade to drive her to try to meet with the band to play. George leaves town with Lily Ann to go on tour with her. Lavon and Annabeth admit their love for each other after she saves him and his group. On the flight, Zoe and Jonah must work together to save the life of an injured passenger which makes the plane make an emergency landing in Atlanta. After hearing Zoe's flight made an emergency landing, Wade deviates from his road trip plan with Lemon to Birmingham to drive to Atlanta where by chance, he meets with Zoe and tells her that he loves her. But Zoe tells Wade that she has already decided she is going to stay in New York for the summer... at Jonah's suggestion. Gloriana guest-stars.|
Season 3 (2013–14)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|45||1||"Who Says You Can't Go Home"||Bethany Rooney||Leila Gerstein||October 7, 2013||2J7651||1.03|
|After working for the last three months in a busy emergency room at a New York City hospital, Zoe returns to Bluebell with her new author boyfriend Joel. Everyone hates her because she sent them an email saying she was leaving forever. Zoe has to get Brick to sign a reference for her to a doctor in New York. Zoe also misses everyone and she also learns what when on during her absence; Annabeth is still with Lavon; Lavon's cousin, Lynly, is in town and is getting on everyone's nerves. Meanwhile, no one has seen or talked to George since he left for his tour. Brick and his fiancée, Shelby, broke up and Lemon is sleeping with an unknown man. Lemon finds an upset and disheveled George living in a seedy motel room, having not left it for two months. He tells Lemon that Tansy has moved to nearby Filmore where she now has her own beauty salon there and lives with that town's lawyer Scooter McGreevey. Zoe has to decide whether to leave or to stay in Bluebell for good.|
|46||2||"Friends in Low Places"||Elodie Keene||Sheila Lawrence||October 14, 2013||2J7652||1.06|
|Trying to be hospitable to Joel, who is visiting BlueBell, Lavon and Annabeth invite him and Zoe over for a quiet dinner, but when Lemon meets Alabama's most eligible bachelor, Carter Covington, she invites herself along with Carter to the soiree. However, when some unexpected guests show up to the party, Lemon's ruse with being romantically involved with Wade to shield her secret tryst with Meatball risks being exposed. Meanwhile, George makes a bad decision involving bedding down Lynly, which could ultimately ruin his friendship with Lavon.|
|47||3||"Take This Job and Shove It"||Jim Hayman||Alex Taub||October 21, 2013||2J7653||1.05|
|Trying to avoid a confrontation with Brick, Zoe begins discreetly seeing patients in BlueBell again. But her plan goes awry when George informs her she has a non-compete clause in her contract that prevents her from practicing for a year in the town. Lavon is thrilled at the chance to bring a minor league baseball team to BlueBell, but needs Brick's help to woo the team's owner. Elsewhere, Lemon finds herself in hot water with the Belles after she tries to overthrow the current leader Crickett. Meanwhile, George finds himself needing medical attention during a tutoring session with Lynly, forcing him to call Zoe for help.|
|48||4||"Help Me Make It Through the Night"||Tim Matheson||Jamie Gorenberg||October 28, 2013||2J7654||1.05|
|After Lemon's fallout with the Belles, she is blacklisted from the Junior League Halloween Masquerade party, so she calls her overbearing Grandma Bettie for help and lands herself a date with another of Alabama's most eligible bachelors. Lavon has a big surprise for his first anniversary with Annabeth, but when she has a health scare, she turns to Zoe to help her out. Meanwhile, during the party, George has to do damage control with the town judges and Wade keeps finding himself in trouble with ineligible ladies.|
|49||5||"How Do You Like Me Now?"||David Paymer||Sarah Kucserka & Veronica West||November 4, 2013||2J7655||1.00|
|Zoe is blissfully happy when she sees how well Joel is adjusting to BlueBell, until, she learns the townspeople might have a different opinion of him. Wanting to make things better, Zoe volunteers herself and Joel to chaperone the Go Girl Tween Adventure Camp, but when Joel refuses to go along, she is left to fix the town's perception on her own. After a rough start with Lynly, George is pleasantly surprised when he learns they work well together. Meanwhile, Lavon is desperate to be part of the Gazebos of Alabama calendar, but when a crucial flower mistake jeopardizes his plan, Lavon begs Lemon to help save the day.|
|50||6||"Family Tradition"||Jim Hayman||Dan Steele||November 11, 2013||2J7656||1.11|
|Zoe and Joel are ready to find a more permanent place to live and find the perfect place is actually owned by a relative of Zoe's biological father's relatives, who is Vivian Wilkes. After tracking Vivian down, Zoe is unsure whether she is ready to face her extended family when she crashes a birthday party for Vivian's young son. Due to the success Lemon and Wade have had with the Rammer Jammer, Lemon receives an offer that she may not be able to refuse. Annabeth seems eager for Lavon to go out of town, causing him to wonder what she is up to. Meanwhile, George and Lynly's connection continues to grow, but George is still reluctant to make a move.|
|51||7||"I Run To You"||Brandi Bradburn||Sheila Lawrence||November 18, 2013||2J7657||1.03|
|Zoe begins to grow leery of how much time Joel and Wade hang out, especially when it begins to interfere with Joel's writing. Ready to blame it all on Wade, Zoe does her best to entice Joel back into writing. Lavon is using the excuse of coaching his track team to avoid talking to Annabeth. Meanwhile, Lemon encourages Brick to start dating again. George and Lynly discuss whether they want to talk to Lavon about their feelings for each other.|
|52||8||"Miracles"||David Paymer||Leila Gerstein||November 25, 2013||2J7658||1.01|
|Joel's grandma visits for Hanukkah. Zoe finds herself in the middle of family drama with Vivian Wilkes when she invites her uncle to Hanukkah celebration. Lemon, with the help of George and Lynly, does some recon work on Shelby. Tansy returns to Bluebell and convinces Wade to go to the dentist for his tooth ache, and to find a more suitable girlfriend than the girls he has been going after lately.|
|53||9||"Something to Talk About"||Mary Lou Belli||Alex Taub||January 13, 2014||2J7659||1.19|
|George and Lavon enlist Tansy's help to try to figure out why Filmore is interested in merging towns. Zoe concocts a fake story involving an affair between Annabeth and Joel in hopes to distract the townspeople before they find out about the potential merger. Wade and Vivian go on a date but she has second thoughts after speaking to Zoe about Wade. Shelby asks Brick for help with her pregnancy. Lemon is away taking care of her grandmother. (This is the first episode of Jaime King's maternity leave.)|
|54||10||"Star of the Show"||John Stephens||Kendall Sand||January 20, 2014||2J7660||1.00|
|Shelby asks Brick to help with her new singing cabaret. Feeling overwhelmed, he asks Zoe to direct, with ulterior motive of tanking the show, and getting Shelby to leave. Zoe plans to put on a production about biology, but when she realizes it is lousy, Shelby saves the day. Lavon thinks the town merger is inevitable, until the Belles (with help from Lemon via video chat) scheme to keep the governor's sister in town, who loves the cabaret. Lynly grows jealous of George's relationship with Tansy. Wade is excited about his growing relationship with Vivian, but is confused when she cancels their dates. She later reveals late night dates were too much for her as a single mom.|
|55||11||"One More Last Chance"||Kevin Mock||Jamie Gorenberg||January 27, 2014||2J7661||1.16|
|Lavon and the town try to convince the Lt. Governor that BlueBell should be named a historic town. Zoe and Joel still cannot find a place to live and their dream apartment is owned by Vivian's aunt who hates New Yorkers. Vivian's son will not warm up to Wade. Zoe and Wade agree to talk each other up to the Wilkes family. When Wade loses little Harley's lizard, Zoe takes the fall, losing her chance at the apartment. Wade comes clean with Harley, who vows to break up Wade and Vivian. Lynly's jealousy for Tansy peaks and she and George break up. Shelby confesses her pregnancy to the Lt. Governor, who is the father of her baby, and leaves BlueBell to raise the child with him.|
|56||12||"Should've Been a Cowboy"||Les Butler||Sarah Kucserka & Veronica West||February 3, 2014||2J7662||1.21|
|Joel follows around Wade for research for his book. George is afraid Lavon is mad at him for what happened with Lynly. Annabeth throws a bachelorette party for a Belle, which causes her to examine her own relationship with Lavon. Zoe bets Brick she can get the town to lose weight, so that she can become partner again. She loses the bet when Cricket throws a cake sale fundraiser. George decides to rekindle things with Tansy.|
|57||13||"Act Naturally"||Patrick Norris||Dan Steele||February 10, 2014||2J7663||1.03|
|It is Zoe's birthday and she has to juggle two parties.|
|58||14||"Here You Come Again"||Janice Cooke||Sheila Lawrence||March 21, 2014||2J7664||1.03|
|Lemon's return to Bluebell does not turn out as planned. Zoe's mother tries to come into Zoe's life and wants to help her get back her practice with a ruthless campaign against Brick. Magnolia has been expelled from high school and asks George for legal help.|
|59||15||"Ring of Fire"||Kevin Mock||Alex Taub||March 28, 2014||2J7665||0.94|
|Zoe and Joel are sued by Tansy's three hillbilly brothers. They seek help from George and Annabeth. Lemon's two suitors are supposed to duel for her hand at Lavon's Renaissance Fair. Wade and Vivian have difficulties with their three-months-anniversary-celebration.|
|60||16||"Carrying Your Love with Me"||Tim Matheson||Leila Gerstein||April 4, 2014||2J7666||0.73|
|BlueBell gets a sister city in France, so Lavon tries to learn French to impress their beautiful Mayor. Meanwhile, Brick strives to win the town's Man of the Year title; Zoe and Joel become fed up with the remodeling problems they encounter; and Lemon recruits George to assist her with a business venture.|
|61||17||"A Good Run of Bad Luck"||Ricardo Mendez Matta||Sarah Kucserka & Veronica West||April 11, 2014||2J7667||0.81|
|Zoe thinks she is cursed because she broke the wedding between George and Lemon. George and Lemon cannot stop thinking about sex together. Wade meets Vivian's ex-husband.|
|62||18||"Back in the Saddle Again"||Rebecca Asher||Kendall Sand||April 18, 2014||2J7668||0.80|
|Unwilling to put up with the town's assumption that she is still getting over Joel, Zoe reluctantly goes on a date. Lemon faces a decision when handsome journalist Peter returns to Bluebell and asks her out. Annabeth is going out with Mayor Gainey's nephew, which distracts Lavon from important business. Zoe and Lemon have to rely on each other for advice because Annabeth is unavailable. Brick has difficulties raising Magnolia. Wade realizes he may be more invested in the relationship than Vivian.|
|63||19||"A Better Man"||David Paymer||Jamie Gorenberg||April 25, 2014||2J7669||0.75|
|The Owls and Belles dual for Tom's services jeopardizing his and Wanda's attempts to make a baby. Zoe is put in the middle of Wade and Vivian's relationship, leading a heart broken Wade to blame Zoe for the outcome. George welcomes a distraction to his feelings for Lemon.|
|64||20||"Together Again"||Michael Schultz||Sheila Lawrence & Dan Steele||May 2, 2014||2J7670||0.66|
|George's faux pas in Fancie's' kitchen causes loss of business for Lemon. George and Zoe team up to try to bring a famous restaurant reviewer to the town, but for different venues. Lemon and Wade do the same, each vying for their own restaurant as well. Wanda questions trying to get pregnant and Lavon and Annabeth bury the hatchet.|
|65||21||"Stuck"||Mary Lou Belli||Alex Taub||May 9, 2014||2J7671||0.76|
|Lemon's antagonistic grandmother continues to try to get Lemon married, engaging the help of Magnolia. Rose wants to be an intern and she asks Brick to show her around the doctor's office for the whole day, which he is happy to do so in order to avoid seeing his mother as well as Magnolia. Meanwhile, George and Lavon compete with Mayor Gainey over a new freeway exit sign with unexpected results. David plans to propose to Annabeth while marriage is suddenly in the works for many Blue Bell residents. Elsewhere, Wade and Zoe work together to help a sober Earl get out of his abandoned survival pit.|
|66||22||"Second Chance"||Bethany Rodney||Leila Gerstein||May 16, 2014||2J7672||0.88|
|In the third season finale, Blue Bell is busy with preparations for two weddings that do not go on as planned. At Lily Anne and Meatball's wedding, Zoe decides to tell Wade that she is still in love with him. At Cricket and Stan's vow renewal, Zoe is asked to be one of the bridesmaids, but Cricket "comes out" about her true sexual orientation. Meanwhile, George and Lavon meet their TV icon, Don Todd, and end up thinking about their past loves. Zoe struggles with her feelings for Wade when he decides to move to Atlanta to open a new Rammer Jammer restaurant. Joel shows up in town to visit, and making Zoe even more confused about her feelings for both Joel and Wade. Annabeth turns down David's proposal, stating that she still has feelings for someone else – presumably Lavon. After the burning of Fancie's that led to George leaving the business, a distraught Lemon leaves for a singles cruise, right before both George and Lavon show up at the gate to proclaim their love. At the end, Wade decides to stay in Blue Bell and Zoe swears to not give up on getting him back.|
Season 4 (2014–15)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|67||1||"Kablang"||David Paymer||Leila Gerstein||December 15, 2014||3J5451||1.22|
|Zoe is excited that Wade has decided to stay in BlueBell. While he is still making it clear that he is not ready to dive back into a relationship with her, it does not stop her from trying to capture his attention. Shelby is back in town and resumes an affair with Brick behind his mother's back. Meanwhile, both George and Lavon are recruited for Bluebell's volunteer fire department and finds themselves partnered up during training. The two begrudgingly bury the hatchet, though they are both still into Lemon. However, Lemon comes back from the singles cruise early with a new boyfriend, Dr. Henry. Wade and Zoe eventually have a one-night stand and a few weeks later, Earl tries to get them back together after Wade still does not want to commit to a relationship. He ends up changing his mind, but when he asks her out, she surprisingly says no and shuts the door on him. After viewing some test results at the clinic, Annabeth assumes that Lemon is pregnant, but when Lemon divulges that she and Henry are just putting on a show to get money from her grandmother, it is revealed that it is Zoe who is actually pregnant.|
|68||2||"The Curling Iron"||Michael Schultz||April Blair||January 16, 2015||3J5452||1.14|
|As Zoe confirms her pregnancy, Wade is left confused as to why she did not take him back when he showed up at her door. She is then recruited by Rose to give a sex ed talk to a group of young girls and agrees to go on a date with Wade when she runs into him afterwards. With Zoe still keeping the secret from him, he tells her that they should take their relationship slow this time around, causing her to freak out and leave. She is later comforted by Lemon and Annabeth, who assure her that she'll be a great mother regardless. Meanwhile, Annabeth finds herself having to keep secrets for Zoe, Lemon, and Brick, while George and Lavon continue their investigation on Henry. In the end, thinking that Annabeth is about to blow all of their secrets, Lemon and Brick tell Bettie the truth about everything. One night, Zoe finally decides to tell Wade that she is pregnant and that does not expect anything from him, leaving him shocked.|
|69||3||"The Very Good Bagel"||Richard W. Abramitis||Kendall Sand||January 23, 2015||3J5453||1.22|
|Wade wants to talk to Zoe about their future, but she keeps avoiding him. He decides that he needs to do something grand to show her that he's serious about still wanting to get back together and Earl suggests that he propose. With some prompting from the people around her, Zoe agrees to another dinner date, but bails and goes on a sudden trip to New York when she catches wind about the proposal. Wade ends up chasing her to the city, where he has a heartfelt talk with her mother, Candice. Wade and Zoe later reconcile. Meanwhile, Lemon is furious over the truth about Henry getting leaked to the press, which she doesn't know was George and Lavon's fault. She decides to take Crickett and Annabeth back to George's old lake house to relive the good old days. Problems arise and George and Lavon are called over. When Lavon drops Annabeth off at her house, she drunkenly blurts out that she's still in love with him. However, the next morning, George decides that he's no longer in love with Lemon and decides to push her towards Lavon instead, leaving Lavon, Lemon, and Annabeth in a very complicated situation.|
|70||4||"Red Dye #40"||Bethany Rooney||Tamar Laddy and Ari Posner||January 30, 2015||3J5454||1.02|
|When Lavon finds out that Lemon is forced to sell Fancie's, he adds a bonus to the prize pot for the town talent show to help her out. However, Shelby, who is hailed as the most talented person in Bluebell, decides to enter, threatening everyone else's chances. Shortly before the show, Shelby experiences an allergic reaction and Sheriff Bill deduces that she was sabotaged. He brings everyone to the Rammer Jammer for an inquisition. Unbeknownst to them, Wade and Zoe happen to be hiding there. Wade wants to reveal their reunion to the town, while Zoe desperately wants to keep it a secret, not wanting them to have to face tough questions of their own. When everything is settled, Shelby wins the talent show and gives Lemon the prize money in hopes of earning her approval as her father's girlfriend. Lavon confronts Lemon about their feelings for one another, but Lemon refuses to give in, as Annabeth is still a factor.|
|71||5||"Bar-Be-Q Burritos"||Les Butler||Adam Milch||February 6, 2015||3J5455||1.24|
|Zoe and Wade decide that they need to make more money to move into a new place, so she tries to ask Brick for a raise, while Wade tries to get more business for the Rammer Jammer. This proves difficult when a new food truck opens up in town, but Meatball suggests that they ask his cousin, a famous country singer, to perform at the restaurant. Pamela agrees to pay Blue Bell a visit, but only on the condition that there is a luxurious bed and breakfast for her to stay at. When Zoe closes the actual bed and breakfast due to bed bugs, they transform Lavon's place into one. Meanwhile, Lemon and Lavon are still conflicted about their feelings. Annabeth needs to find money to attend nursing school, so she decides to sell her houseboat, the one that she has been renting out to George. After seeing them together, Lemon tries to set them up so that she can be with Lavon guilt-free, but her cover is eventually blown.|
|72||6||"Alabama Boys"||Mary Lou Belli||Leila Gerstein and April Blair||February 20, 2015||3J5456||1.21|
|Zoe and Wade learn that they're expecting a baby boy. This worries Zoe, who doesn't think she'll know how to raise an "Alabama boy." She enlists some of the Bluebell men to help her out. Magnolia has returned home with a new guy that Lemon disapproves of, so she asks Wade to help get rid of him. George and Annabeth show genuine interest in one another, though they are hesitant to go out due to possible lingering feelings for other people. Also, Bluebell is in contention to host an important football game, but must collaborate with rival Fillmore. This leads to Annabeth and Lavon reuniting for a night. Meanwhile, Brick runs into his estranged ex-wife who had abandoned the family long ago. He secretly meets up with her, but is spotted by Lemon.|
|73||7||"The Butterstick Tab"||Ricardo Mendez Matta||Amy Roy||February 27, 2015||3J5457||1.19|
|Brick tells Lemon about his encounter with Alice and she makes it clear that she doesn't want her mother back in her life. Things gets complicated with Alice shows up to Fancie's one day and reopens old wounds for Lemon. Meanwhile, Alice's daughter Scarlett is still hanging around Bluebell and only finds out about her two older sisters when she walks in on Lemon confronting Alice. In the end, Lemon and Magnolia haven't forgiven Alice, but are able to start a relationship with Scarlett. Zoe wants Wade to stop flirting his way through life, so he asks Lavon for help. Also, George and Annabeth plan their first date and insist on going to a place that doesn't drag up old memories for either of them, which ends up being hard to find in their small town.|
|74||8||"61 Candles"||Brandi Bradburn||April Blair and Tamar Laddy||March 6, 2015||3J5458||1.11|
|Zoe has her heart set on finding a family heirloom to pass onto her child. After Lemon and Lavon finally get back together, Wade and Lavon try to get their girls to become real friends, though the two only get into an argument over how to divide their time with Lavon. Meanwhile, it's Brick's birthday and everyone seems to have forgotten, as they're all busy filling in for Tom and Wanda's various duties while they're tending to their new baby. Also, George's parents are in town and he tries to hide his side job as a music manager from them.|
|75||9||"End of Days"||Tim Matheson||Adam Milch and Kendall Sand||March 20, 2015||3J5459||1.08|
|Annabeth has a dream in which Bluebell's founder, Cyrus Lavinius Jeremiah Jones, tells her that the world is ending. She passes the prophecy off to Crickett as a funny story, but rumors of an impending apocalypse start spreading like wildfire. Everyone starts making preparations for how they'd like to spend their last day on earth. Crickett, Lemon, and Annabeth go to great lengths to make amends with a girl that they used to bully in high school. Meanwhile, Wade is upset when he finds out that Zoe doesn't believe in marriage. She decides to give him some space and accompany George to Meatball's performance in New Orleans. George then runs into Pamela, who gives him a huge job offer in Nashville. Zoe ends up changing her mind about marriage and has George help her set up a proposal, but before she can show it to Wade, Lavon and Lemon stumble upon the display and Lemon assumes that Lavon is proposing to her. She says yes. Annabeth encourages George to take the job and the town bids him farewell.|
|76||10||"Bluebell"||David Payer||Leila Gerstein||March 27, 2015||3J5460||1.33|
|Zoe and Wade are holding off on their own engagement in the aftermath of Lavon and Lemon's surprise engagement. Brick officially makes Zoe a partner at the medical practice. Meanwhile, the Breelands are trying to put together the perfect engagement party, but run into a few complications. During the party, Lavon finally tells Lemon the truth about the proposal and she leaves, while Zoe goes into labor. Annabeth also gets angry about George assuming that she'd eventually move to Nashville to be with him. She suggests that they breakup. Lavon enlists Brick and George to help him plan a real proposal. Before he can do so, everyone meets up at the hospital to support Zoe and Wade, who then decide to get married as soon as possible. George tells Annabeth that he loves her and they agree to try and make it work. Not caring about the perfect moment, Lavon proposes to Lemon on the side of the road. Zoe and Wade say their vows on the way to the delivery room, welcoming their son into the world shortly after. In a musical flash-forward, Lemon and Lavon get married with the whole town present and George and Annabeth are shown settling down together.|
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (May 19, 2011). "The CW's Fall Schedule: Sarah Michelle Gellar Back on Tuesdays, Nikita Makes Move". TVLine.com. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 26, 2013). "'Hart of Dixie' & 'Beauty and the Beast' Renewed by The CW, + 'The Originals' Ordered to Series". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- Gorman, Bill (September 27, 2011). "Monday Broadcast Final Ratings: 'Terra Nova,' '2.5 Men,' 'Castle,' HIMYM, 'Hart Of Dixie,' 'Broke Girls' Adjusted Up; 'Gossip Girl,' 'Mike & Molly' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 4, 2011). "Monday Broadcast Final Ratings: 'Terra Nova,' '2.5 Men,' '2 Broke Girls' Adjusted Up; 'Castle' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 5, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (October 11, 2011). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Terra Nova,' 'House,' Unscrambled; 'Mother,' 'Sing Off,' 'Broke Girls,' '2.5 Men,' 'Hawaii 5-0' Adjusted Up; 'Dancing,' 'Castle,' 'Mike & Molly' Adjusted Down". Tv by the Numbers. Retrieved October 11, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 18, 2011). "TV Monday Final Ratings: 'Terra Nova,' 'HIMYM,' '2 Broke Girls,' '2.5 Men,' Adjusted Up; 'Castle,' 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (October 25, 2011). "Monday Final Ratings: World Series Game 5 Draws 14.3 Million; 'Dancing,' 'Gossip Girl' Adjusted Up; 'Castle,' '2 Broke Girls,' '2.5 Men,' 'Mike & Molly,' 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 8, 2011). "Monday Final Ratings: '2 Broke Girls,' '2.5 Men,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'House,' 'DWTS' 'The Sing Off' Adjusted Up; 'Castle Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 15, 2011). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Two And A Half Men,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Hart Of Dixie' Adjusted Up, 'Dancing,' 'Sing Off,' 'Rock Center,' '20/20' Adjusted Down". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 22, 2011). "Monday Final Ratings: 'How I Met Your Mother,' '2 Broke Girls' Adjusted Up; 'Dancing,' 'Castle' 'You Deserve It' Adjusted Down". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 30, 2011). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Up; 'The Sing-Off,' 'Rock Center with Brian Williams' Adjusted Down". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (December 6, 2011). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Two And A Half Men' Adjusted Up". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved December 7, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (January 24, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Gossip Girl', 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill (January 31, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'House,' 'Alcatraz' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- Daily Preliminary Broadcast Cable Finals Broadcast Finals. "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Voice,' 'Alcatraz,' 'House,' 'Two and a Half Men' Adjusted Up – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert (February 7, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Voice,' 'Alcatraz,' 'House,' 'Two and a Half Men' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- Biel, Sara (February 22, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Voice,' 'House,' 'Two and a Half Men,' 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill (February 28, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Voice,' 'House,' 'Two and a Half Men,' 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved February 28, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (April 10, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'How I Met Your Mother', 'Bones', '2 Broke Girls', 'Two and a Half Men', 'The Voice', 'Dancing With The Stars' Up; 'House', 'Smash' Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 10, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 17, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Voice,' 'Mother,' 'Bones,' '2 Broke Girls,' '2.5 Men' & 'Dancing' Adjusted Up; 'Castle' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 24, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'Dancing With the Stars' Adjusted Up; 'Smash' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (May 1, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Bones', 'How I Met Your Mother, '2 Broke Girls', 'Dancing With the Stars' Adjusted Up; 'Castle' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 8, 2012). "Monday Final Ratings: 'DWTS', 'Two and a Half Men', 'The Voice', and '2 Broke Girls' Adjusted Up; 'Castle' and 'Smash' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- Daily Preliminary Broadcast Cable Finals Broadcast Finals. "Monday Final Ratings: 'How I Met Your Mother', 'Two and a Half Men', 'Mike & Molly', 'America's Got Talent' & 'The Bachelorette' Adjusted Up – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (October 3, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS', 'The Voice', & 'Dancing With the Stars' Special Adjusted Up; 'Go On', 'Vegas' & 'Parenthood' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS', 'The Voice', 'Hart of Dixie', 'NCIS:LA' & 'DWTS' Adjusted Up; 'Go On' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (October 17, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Dancing with the Stars' Adjusted Down Plus Final Debate Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 17, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'NCIS:LA', 'DWTS' & 'Vegas' Adjusted Up, 'Go On' 'Happy Endings', 'X Factor' & 'The New Normal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Dancing With the Stars' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'Parenthood' & 'NCIS' Adjusted Up; 'Go On', 'Hart of Dixie', 'Happy Endings' & 'The Mindy Project' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'Dancing With the Stars', 'Private Practice' & 'Parenthood' Adjusted Up; 'Go On' 'Happy Endings' & 'The New Normal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- Brooks, Kate. "Hart of Dixie Review: Simply Adorable". TvFanatic. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'Dancing With the Stars', 'Private Practice' & 'Parenthood' Adjusted Up; 'Go On' 'Happy Endings' & 'The New Normal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 5, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'Dancing With the Stars', 'Private Practice' & 'Parenthood' Adjusted Up; 'Go On' 'Happy Endings' & 'The New Normal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 12, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 16, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS', 'Off Their Rockers' & 'The New Normal' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Parenthood' & 'New Girl' Adjusted Up; 'The Taste', 'Hart of Dixie' & 'Emily Owens M.D.' Adjusted Down – Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com. January 24, 2013. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 30, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS', 'Raising Hope', 'New Girl' & 'Go On' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 6, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Smash', 'New Girl' & 'The Bachelor' Adjusted Up; 'Betty White's 2nd Annual 90th Birthday Special' and 'Vegas' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 21, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The New Normal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 27, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Mindy Project' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Golden Boy', 'The New Normal' or 'Smash'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 6, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol', 'NCIS', 'Smash' & 'Body of Proof' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 10, 2013). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'NCIS', 'Hell's Kitchen', 'NCIS:LA' & 'Dancing With the Stars' Adjusted Up; 'Ready for Love' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'The Voice', 'Mom', 'How I Met Your Mother', 'Bones', '2 Broke Girls' Adjusted Up; 'The Blacklist', 'Dancing With the Stars', 'Beauty and the Beast'& 'Castle' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 15, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Sleepy Hollow'. 'How I Met Your Mother', '2 Broke Girls' & 'Mom' Adjusted Up; 'The Blacklist' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 22, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'The Voice', 'How I Met Your Mother', 'Bones', & 'Dancing With the Stars' Adjusted Up; 'Hart of Dixie', '2 Broke Girls', 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Mom' & 'Hostages' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (October 29, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'The Voice', 'How I Met Your Mother', 'Dancing With the Stars' & '2 Broke Girls' Adjusted Up; 'Hostages' Adjusted Down & Final World Series Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 5, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Dancing With the Stars' and 'Castle' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Sleepy Hollow' or 'Mike & Molly'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'Castle' & 'Mike & Molly' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 12, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 19, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'The Voice' Adjusted Up; 'Dancing With the Stars' & 'Castle' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 26, 2013). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'The Voice' & 'Mom' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 14, 2014). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Intelligence', 'Mom' & 'The Bachelor' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (January 22, 2014). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'How I Met Your Mother' Adjusted Up, 'Beauty & the Beast' Adjusted Down & Final 'Sleepy Hollow' Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 28, 2014). "Monday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustment to 'How I Met Your Mother', 'The Following', or 'Beauty and the Beast'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 28, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (February 4, 2014). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'How I Met Your Mother', 'Almost Human', 'Mike & Molly', 'Mom' &'Beauty and the Beast' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 11, 2014). "Monday Final TV Ratings: 'Almost Human' Adjusted Up + Final Olympics Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 24, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' & '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down + Final NCAA Basketball Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 31, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing', 'The Neighbors, 'Dateline' & '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Hannibal' & 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down & Final Basketball Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 7, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank', 'Last Man Standing', 'Hawaii Five-0' & 'Grimm' Adjusted Up; 'Unforgettable', 'Dateline' & 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 7, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 14, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank,' 'Last Man Standing', 'The Neighbors' & '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Grimm', 'Hannibal' & 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 21, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Hannibal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 28, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0', 'Blue Bloods', 'Last Man Standing' & 'Shark Tank' Adjusuted Up; 'Grimm, 'Hannibal' & 'Dateline' Adjsuted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 5, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Dateline', 'Grimm', 'Unforgettable' & Hannibal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (May 12, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Hannibal' & 'Whose Line Is It Anyway' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 12, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 19, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 16, 2014). "Monday Final Ratings: 'Jane the Virgin', 'The Voice', 'The Great Christmas Light Fight' & 'State of Affairs' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 16, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (January 20, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up; No Adjustments to 'Constantine' or 'Glee'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 26, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Grimm' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Constantine' or 'Hart of Dixie'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (February 2, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Grimm' & 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up; 'Cristela' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Shows A-Z – hart of dixie on cw". The Futon Critic. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 9, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hart of Dixie', 'Dateline', 'Shark Tank' & 'Masters of Illusion' Adjusted Up; 'Cristela' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 23, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustment to 'Cristela', 'Last Man Standing' or 'Glee'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (March 2, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 9, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustment for 'Glee', 'Hawaii Five-0' or 'Shark Tank'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 23, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustment for 'Glee', 'Grimm' or 'Last Man Standing' + Final NCAA Basketball Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 27, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (March 30, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Hart of Dixie' or 'Grimm & Final Basketball Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.