List of High Commissioners of New Zealand to Barbados
The High Commission is located in a building shared with the British High Commissioner to Barbados at Lower Collymore Rock Rd. in Bridgetown, Barbados' capital city. New Zealand has maintained a resident High Commissioner in Bridgetown since March 2014. It is further accredited to: Guyana, Jamaica, and Trinidad and Tobago.
As fellow members of the Commonwealth of Nations, diplomatic relations between New Zealand and Barbados are at governmental level, rather than between Heads of State. Thus, the countries exchange High Commissioners, rather than ambassadors.
List of heads of mission
High Commissioners to Barbados
Non-resident High Commissioners to Barbados, resident in Ottawa
From 1966–2014 located in Ottawa, Canada
- Sir Leon Götz (1966–1968)
- Dean Eyre (1968–1973)
- Jack Shepherd (1973–1976)
- Dean Eyre (1976–1980)
- Ed Latter (1980–1985)
- John Wybrow (1985–1988)
- Bruce Brown (1988–1992)
- Judith Trotter (1992–1994)
- Maurice McTigue (1994–1997)
- Jim Gerard (1997–2000)
- Wade Armstrong (2000–2003)
- Graham Kelly (2003–2006)
- Kate Lackey (2006–2010)
- Andrew Peter Needs (2010 – 2013)
- Simon Tucker (2013 – 2014)
Resident High Commissioners to Bridgetown, Barbados
- Jan Henderson (2014–Present)
- "McCully appoints High Commissioner to Canada". New Zealand government (beehive.govt.nz). 20 March 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Heads of Missions List. New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Retrieved on 2014-29-Mar.
- Zealand names new High Commissioner to Barbados 2014-06-Mar.
|This government of New Zealand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|