List of Hindi-language authors
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Hindi authors)
- Amar Goswami (1945–2012), Hindi author & journalist
- Bharatendu Harishchandra (1850–1885), the "father of Hindi literature"
- Bhisham Sahni (1915–2003), author, screenwriter of 'Tamas'
- Bihari (1595–1664), author of Satasai ("Seven Hundred Verses")
- Banarasidas (1586–1643), author of 'Ardhakathanaka',the first biography in Hindi
- Bhagwati Charan Verma(1903-1981), author of 'Chitralekha' and Sahitya Akademy award winning 'Bhoole Bisre Chitra'
- Sudama Panday 'Dhoomil' or just Dhoomil (1936–1975), Hindi poet, recipient of 1979 Sahitya Akademi Award for "Kal Sunana Mujhe".
- Devaki Nandan Khatri (1861–1913), novelist, author of Chandrakanta
- Dharamvir Bharati (1926–1997), Hindi poet
- Dushyant Kumar (1931–1975), poet of modern Hindustani literature
- Gopal Singh Nepali, poet, lyricist
- Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh (1917–1964), modern Hindi poet
- Guru Bhakt Singh 'Bhakt', "Wordsworth of India"
- Guru Gobind Singh (1666–1708), the tenth Guru of Sikhism
- Babu Gulabrai (1888-1963), Philosopher and Hindi Writer
- Gopaldas Neeraj, poet and author
- Harishankar Parsai, satirist
- Hari Joshi, satirist, novelist, writer, poet
- Harivanshrai Bachchan (1907–2003): Madhushala (मधुशाला) 1935; Sahitya Akademi Award 1969 and Padma Bhushan 1976 Agni path 1991.
- Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, novelist, literary historian
- Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj
- Jaishankar Prasad (1889–1937), poet known for Kamayani
- Jainendra Kumar, author, short story writer
- Janki Ballabh Shastri, poet, autho
- Kabir (1440–1518), poet, figure of the Bhakti movement
- Kaka Kalelkar (1885–1961), Gandhian, social reformer, scholar
- Kamleshwar, author, screenwriter
- Kedarnath Agarwal (1911–2000), recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award (1986) for Apurva (Poetry collection).
- Kedarnath Singh, modern poet
- Keshavdas (1555–1625), Sanskrit scholar, Hindi poet, author of Rasik Priya
- Krishna Sobti (b. 1925-), recipient Sahitya Akademi Award in 1980 for the novel Zindaginama
- Kamta Prasad Guru, grammar expert
- Kaifi Azmi, Poet, Lyricist
- Laxmi Narayan Mishra (1903-1987), playwright
- Mirabai (1504–1560), poet
- Malik Muhammad Jayasi (1540), Avadhi poet Author of 'Padmawat'.
- Mahadevi Varma, poet,writer, recipient of the Jnanpith Award
- Maithili Sharan Gupt (1886–1964), modern Hindi poet A Pioneer of 'Khadi boli poetry'& the author of the epic 'Saket'
- Makhanlal Chaturvedi (1889–1968), poet, playwright, journalist
- Mannu Bhandari (born 1931-), novelist
- Mohan Rakesh (1925–1972), a pioneer of the Nai Kahani ("New Story") literary movement
- Mahavir Prasad Dwivedi (1864–1938), writer, linguist, translator
- Manohar Shyam Joshi, journalist, screenwriter
- Mohan Rana (b. 1964) Hindi poet and philosopher
- Munshi Premchand (1880-1936) Modern Hindustani literature
- Nagarjun (1911–2002), poet, biographer
- Nalin Vilochan Sharma (1916–1961) started the Nakenwad movement in Hindi literature
- Neelam Saxena Chandra (b 1969), poet, fiction
- Nirala, Suryakant Tripathi (1896–1961), poet, novelist
- Nirmal Verma (1929–2005), novelist, translator
- Parichay Das (1964) writer and editor in contemporary Bhojpuri poetry.
- Premchand (1880–1936), Hindustani writer (GODAN)
- Phanishwar Nath 'Renu' (1921–1977), Hindi novelist
- Padma Sachdev (b. 1940), poet, novelist (Hindi & Dogri)
- Paigham Afaqui (b.1956)Novelist (Novels: Makaan; Paleeta)
- Pran Kumar Sharma (b.1938) Written Chacha Choudhary
- Raghuvir Sahay, (1929–1990), poet, translator, short-story writer and journalist
- Rahi Masoom Raza, writer, lyricist
- Rahul Sankrityayan, the "father of Hindi travel literature"
- Raidas (1398–1448), Guru, songwriter
- Rajinder Singh Bedi, writer, screenwriter
- Ramdhari Singh Dinkar (1908–1974), a nationalist poet, essayist
- Ram Vilas Sharma, literary critic
- Ramvriksh Benipuri, writer
- Rangeya Raghav, writer
- Raskhan (1533–1618), poet
- Sahajanand Saraswati, writer, scholar
- Sachchidananda Vatsyayan (1911–1987), ("Agyeya") recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award, Jnanpith Award, and others
- Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena (1927–1983), recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award, 1983
- Sharad Joshi (1931–1991), satirist, screenwriter
- Shekhar Joshi (born 1939), Hindi author
- Acharya Shivpujan Sahay, writer of novels and prose
- Sri Lal Sukla (1925–2011), satirist
- Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya Hindi author and journalist
- Sumitranandan Pant (1900–1977), Hindi poet
- Surdas (1467–1583), composer
- Shankar Dayal Singh (1937–1995)
- Subhadra Kumari Chauhan, poet, songwriter
- Suryakant Tripathi Nirala, poet and author
- Safdar Hashmi, Author, Street Theatre, Activist
- Shyam Narayan Pandey, Hindi Poet
- saksham agarwal, hindi poet
- Vishnu Prabhakar (1912–2009), recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award for the novel Ardhanarishvara
- Vrindavan Lal Verma, historical novelist
- Vidya Niwas Mishra, scholar, journalist
- Yashpal (1903–1976), novelist, author Jhutha Sach (The False Truth, 1958–1960)