List of Houston highways
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of highways in the Houston–Sugar Land–Baytown metropolitan area.
'** For these toll roads, this represents the highest AADT as measured at a toll booth, but not necessarily the highest traffic at any point along the toll road.
|Designation||Common Name||Year of
|I-69 US 59||Eastex Freeway||1953||10(1)||211,860||195,000||205,000|
|Sam Houston Tollway||Sam Houston Tollway||1982||9||202,900||189,000||203,410**|
|Fort Bend Toll Road||Fort Bend Parkway||2004||4||9,471**|
|Hardy Toll Road||Hardy Toll Road||1987||6||59,220||61,000||63,000|
|Westpark Tollway||Westpark Tollway||2004||4||119,385**|
|US 90||Crosby Freeway||1991||6||31,090||46,000||40,000|
|US 290||Northwest Freeway||1975||8(1)||262,970||230,000||239,000|
|Spur 5||Spur 5||1988||6||54,240||37,000||33,000|
|Spur 330||Decker Drive||2001||6||32,890||37,000||47,000|
|Spur 527||The Downtown Split||1961||6*||93,410||64,000||65,000|
|SH 99||Grand Parkway||1994||4||36,200||68,000||47,000|
|SH 146||Baytown Freeway||1996||8||74,670||73,000||76,000|
|SH 225||La Porte Freeway||1966||8||152,780||133,000||113,000|
|SH 249||Tomball Parkway||1990||8||119,780||142,000||151,000|
|SH 288||South Freeway||1980||8||178,490||172,000||163,000|
|FM 1764||Emmett F. Lowry Expressway||4||48,050||40,000||35,000|
- Red Bluff Freeway - planned from State Highway 146 southeast of Houston to Beltway 8. Only frontage roads have been built.
- SH 99 - Sections A, B, C, H, and I-1 of Grand Parkway are in various stages of the planning process.
- SH 35- Spur 5 - south-southeast of downtown. The mainlanes planned to be built from its present terminus near University Drive (adjacent to the University of Houston) to south of Beltway 8.
- Fort Bend Toll Road- The Fort Bend Parkway Toll Road is planned to eventually be extended from its northern terminus at US 90A to the southwest corner of the 610 Loop.
- Hardy Toll Road - The Hardy Toll Road is planned to be extended from its southern terminus at the North Loop to Downtown Houston. Construction should start Fall 2012.
- Fort Bend Westpark Tollway - The Fort Bend section of the Westpark Tollway will eventually be extended west to the growing suburb of Fulshear. It will then turn north and end at IH-10 around Pederson Road.
- Allen Parkway - Between I-45 and Shepherd Drive, a distance of 2.3 miles (3.7 km), Allen Parkway is a limited access parkway.
- Grand Parkway - Parts of section D (south of the Westpark Tollway) are now being brought up to full freeway standards.
- Memorial Drive - From Houston Street to just west of Shepherd Drive, a distance of 2.3 miles (3.7 km), Memorial Drive is a limited-access parkway with exits at Heights Blvd./Waugh Drive and Shepherd Drive.
- U.S. Highway 90 Alternate — South Main Street — south-southwest of downtown from I-610 to near the Southwest Freeway.
- I-69 - (Interstate 69) will eventually go through Houston on the same route as US 59. US 59 will then be renamed through Houston. 35 miles of US 59 have been designated as Interstate 69.
- HoustonFreeways.com Erik Slotboom, 2003. Last accessed December 23, 2006.
- Mapquest Satellite images. Last accessed December 23, 2006.
- . Houston Galveston Area Council Traffic Counts. 2001. Last accessed December 23, 2006.
- . Texas Department of Transportation. 2009. Last accessed October 25, 2013.
- A Guide to Traffic and Reconstruction of Spur 527. southwestcorridor.com Last accessed January 2, 2007.