List of Indian warriors
This is a list of Indian warriors (both legendary and historical figures).
- 1 Ancient warriors
- 2 Medieval warriors
- Dasharatha - king of Ayodhya and father of Lord Rama from the epic Ramayana
- Pururavas- the first king of the Aila dynasty or the Somavamsha
- Bharata - Bharatvarsha called so after him.
- Bahubali-Later became Hindu and Jain deity.
d to approximation by Archaeological Survey of India based on relics found at Kurukshetra
600 BC – 1 AD
- Samudragupta, ruler of Gupta Empire
- Chandragupta II, ruler of Gupta Empire
- Harsha Vardhana
- Samrat Hem Chandra Vikramaditya or Hemu the Brahmin warrior with continuous 22 wins from Punjab to Bengal
Brahmins(Tyagi and Bhumihaar)
- Umra Taga
- Rampyari Taga
- Mangal Pandey
- Maharani Rajroop Kuar(Tekari Raj)
- Maharaja Vir Singh(Tekari Raj)
- Raja Sri Balwant Singh Sahib Bahadur(Kashi Naresh)
- Udhal,Chandela warrior and younger brother of Alha.
- Prithviraj Chauhan, a Rajput king of medieval India. He conquered Rajasthan, Punjab, Delhi and parts of Gujarat. He was killed at ghor by his own friend Chand bardai as Prithvi didn't want to die through anybody else's weapon from Ghor.
- Rao Jodha, a Rajput king of Mandore who defeated the Afghan forces in Rajasthan and built the city of Jodhpur proclaiming himself as the ruler of Marwar.
- Rana Sanga,a ruler from Sisodia clan of Rajput.He United the Rajputs and defeated sultans of Malwa, Gujarat and Delhi. He also led the Rajput armies against Babur in the Battle of Khanwa.
- RajRana Bahadur was Prominent Rajput warrior in Mewar history, he used to fight for cause of Mewar and been very victorious in each battle he fought . he was one of the bravest warrior and key soldier which every king might want to have.
- Jaimal and Patta, The Generals who defended Chittorgarh Fort against Akbar in the Siege of Chittorgarh. Patta was also known as the hero of Bijolia for defending the village against Afghan forces.
- Rana Kumbha a Rajput King who never lost a war. He was respected by his enemies and is also known to have built 32 forts in Mewar.
- Jhala Man/Maan Singh of Bari-Sadri.
Jhala Maan singh is an outstanding dazzling example of extraordinary valour, bravery and sacrifice who shrouded with the glory of struggle for freedom. In the battle of Haldi Ghati in 1576, Jhala Maan decorated himself with the Crown and the royal emblem from Pratap and started fighting valiantly. Jhala Maan has set a unique example of bravery and courage by sacrificing his life to save the life of Pratap for his country.
- Durgadas Rathore a rajput general fought the Mughal Empire for 25 years until independence of Marwar.
- Gogaji, a Chauhan Rajput and a local deity of Rajasthan.
- Vachra Dada, a Solanki Rajput and folk deity of Gujarat.
- Maharaja Jaswant Singh, fought Auranzeb in battle of Dharmatpur leading an army of 40,000 Rathore Cavalry.
- Rao Maldeo Rathore, The Only Hindu king who was able to resist the invasion of Pashtun armies of Sher Shah Suri.
- Amar Singh Rathore, The first Person to ever raise his voice and kill a person in the Mughal court. Also known as a great fighter who single handedly killed around 20 Mughal guards on his own.
- Dulla Bhatti, Led a rebellion against the mughals for 20 years. Also known as Robin hood of Punjab.
- Zorawar Singh Kahluria, a Kalhuria Rajput who conquered Ladakh, Baltistan, Gilgit and Western Tibet.
- Shahaji Raje Bhosale
- Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj, founder of the Maratha Empire.
- Chattrapati Sambhaji
- Peshwa Baji Rao
- Satyajit Vyankatrao Apet,Hindavi Swarajya Maratha empire.
- Ranoji Scindia
- Dattaji Scindia
- Mahadji Scindia
- Yashwantrao Holkar
- Malharao Holkar
- Chimnaji Appa
- Sadashivrao Bhau
- Rani Lakshmibai
- Tatya Tope
- Nana Sahib Peshwa
- Ahilyabai Holkar
- Hyder Ali, Princly ruler of Mysore
- Thipu tamil Sultan,Known as Tiger of Mysore was Eldest son of Hyder Ali and biggest threat of British Empire. Famous for Invention of War Rocket first time in the world.
- Ibrahim Khan Gardi-Commander of Maratha artillery units in 3rd battle of Panipat
He was one of the most skilled person in cannon fighting in the 17th century.
- Hakim Khan Sur-Commander of Maharana Pratap's artillery unit against Mughals.Fought even in battle of Hadighati.
- Akbar The Mughal Emperor
- Guru Har Gobind, 6th Sikh guru
- Guru Gobind Singh ji, 10th Sikh guru.
- Banda Singh Bahadur
- Baba Deep Singh
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- Hari Singh Nalwa, 19th century Sikh general.
- Phula Singh
- Kadungon Pandiyan
- Varaguna Pandian,
- Karikal Cholan
- Cholan Kochenkan / Kochenkaneyan (கோச்செங்கண்ணேயன், Ko = King, Cenkan = Red Eye)
- Pandian Nedunchezhian
- Pallavan Mahendravarman the First
- Pallavan Mamalla ("Great Wrestler") Narasimhavarman the First
- Pallavan Avanisiman / Simavishnu
- Palavan Nandivarman the Second
- Vijayalaya Cholan,
- Aditya Cholan I,
- Parantaka Cholan I,
- Rajaraja Cholan I,
- Rajendra Cholan I
- Kulasekara Pandiyan I,
- Veera Pandiyan,
- kadaram konda cholan,
- Malai Nadai Konda Arjunan,
- kulotungga Cholan,