List of Isuzu engines
- 1 Two Cylinder
- 2 Three Cylinder
- 3 Four Cylinder
- 3.1 Gasoline
- 3.2 Diesel
- 4 Five Cylinder
- 5 Six Cylinder
- 6 Eight Cylinder
- 7 References
- 1972–1989 2AA1 975cc
- 1970–1991 2AB1 1184cc
- 1971–1991 UM2AB1 A marinised version of the 2AB1
- 2CA1 A marinised version is produced by Klaasen Engines as the Suzie 14
- 1983- 2KC1 0.653L engine, also produced in 1988–1994 as a marinized version UM-2KC1, and marinized briefly by Beta Marine Limited. Bore x stroke 74x76mm.
- 1972-90 3AA1 (1,463 cc)
- 1971- 3AB1
- 1977-90 3AD1
- 1978-79 3AD1-T
Isuzu's first petrol engines were license built Hillman units for the locally assembled Minx, from 1953. Called the GH10 it has a bore of 65 mm (2.56 in) and a, for a British design typically long, stroke of 95 mm (3.74 in) for a displacement of 1,260 cc (76.9 cu in). Power is 37.5 PS (28 kW). In 1955 this was updated to the GH12, a square design with a 76.2 mm bore and stroke for a displacement of 1,390 cc (84.8 cu in). This was upgraded in 1956 for more power, 46 PS (34 kW) rather than the original's 43 PS (32 kW), and was renamed GH100. In 1958, power increased yet again, to 50 PS (37 kW).
For 1959 Isuzu developed their own square design (78 mm or 3.07 in) called the GL150, Isuzu's first own petrol engine. Still showing unmistakable Hillman origins it displaces 1,491 cc (91.0 cu in) and has 60 PS (44 kW). The GL150 was fitted to the 1959 Isuzu Elf and the 1961 Bellel.
- The Isuzu Hombre used a General Motors-built Vortec 2200 Engine with 118 hp (86 kW) and 140 ft·lb (190 N·m) of torque.
- 2004–2006 Isuzu i-Series used a General Motors-built Vortec 2800 Engine with 175 hp (130 kW) and 185 ft·lb (251 N·m) of torque.
- 2007–2008 Isuzu i-Series use a General Motors-built Vortec 2900 Engine with 185 hp (138 kW) and 195 ft·lb (263 N·m) of torque.
Isuzu G engine
- 58 PS (43 kW)
Bore x Stroke: 82 mm x 66.2 mm, displacement: 1,398 cc (85.3 cu in)
Bore x Stroke: 79 mm x 75 mm, displacement: 1,471 cc (89.8 cu in)
Bore x stroke: 82 mm x 75 mm, displacement: 1,584 cc (96.7 cu in)
The eight-valve 1.6 L G160/G161 OHV engine was used in the Isuzu Florian and the Isuzu Bellett GT, as well as a number of commercial vehicles including the Elf 150 (KA41/51). There is also an SOHC version of this called the G161S/G161Z, which was used in the Florian, the Isuzu Gemini, Holden Gemini and Chevrolet Chevette. Later, this became renamed the 4ZA1. A further development was the twin-cam G161W engine (still with eight valves) first presented in the Isuzu Bellett GT-R in March 1968.
Bore x stroke: 84 mm x 82 mm, displacement: 1,817 cc (110.9 cu in)
The 1.8 L G180SS SOHC engine was used in the Isuzu Bellett GT. The 1.8 L G180Z SOHC engine was used in the 1972–1976 Opel Kadett, Isuzu Gemini, Chevrolet LUV, and Isuzu 117 Coupé. There is also the G180W DOHC eight valve engine which was used in the Gemini ZZ (Japan only) and the Isuzu 117 Coupé.
Bore x stroke: 87 mm x 82 mm, displacement: 1,949 cc (118.9 cu in)
The 2.0 L G200Z SOHC engine was used in the and 1981–1985 Chevrolet LUV and also Isuzu Trooper (Holden Jackaroo in Australia). With carburettor it has 86 hp, with EFI in the Isuzu Piazza 90 hp in the US and 110 hp in Japan. The G200W DOHC eight valve engine was found in the 19??-1985 JDM, Isuzu 117 Coupé & early Isuzu Piazza with 135 hp (101 kW) and 123 lb·ft (167 N·m) of torque. It was also installed in 1982–1985 GMC S-15 pickup trucks, where it received the "LR1" engine code.
Isuzu X engine
Bore x stroke: 72.3 mm x 79 mm, displacement: 1,297 cc
Bore x stroke: 77 mm x 79 mm, displacement: 1,471 cc (90 cid)
The 1.5 L 4XC1 SOHC engine was the base engine for the Isuzu Gemini FF, the JT22 series Isuzu Piazza, and its Chevrolet Spectrum derivatives. Power ranged from 70 hp (52 kW) in US-spec versions via 76 PS (56 kW) in the non-catalyzed European models, to a turbocharged version with 120 PS (88 kW) (down to 110 hp SAE in the US). Later versions received a twelve-valve head, as installed in the JT150 Gemini it offered 100 PS (74 kW) at 6,000 rpm.
Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 79 mm, displacement: 1,588 cc (97 cid)
There were three main versions of the 1.6 L 4XE1 engines - the 4XE1-V is a SOHC 12-valve engine with 96 PS (71 kW) and the 4XE1-UW a DOHC 16-valve engine with 130 hp (97 kW) (140 PS in Japan). On top is a DOHC 16V turbocharged engine known as the 4XE1W which provided 160 hp (119 kW) in North America, 180 PS (132 kW) in Japanese spec. The SOHC engine was used in the base model Geo Storm and the base model Isuzu Stylus S. The DOHC engine was used in the 1990-1991 Isuzu Impulse XS, in the 1990-1991 Isuzu Stylus XS, in the 1990-1991 Geo Storm GSi, and the M100 Lotus Elan. The turbo engine was used in the M100 Lotus Elan, the Isuzu Impulse RS, and the 1991 Isuzu Stylus RS as well as the JDM Gemini sedan.
Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 90 mm, displacement: 1,809 cc (110 cid)
The larger 1.8 L 4XF1 DOHC replaced the 4XE1 in North America and produces 140 hp (104 kW) and 125 ft·lb (169 Nm) of torque. This engine was used in the 1992-1993 Geo Storm GSi, in the 1992 Isuzu Stylus RS, and in the Asüna Sunfire. In Japan it was installed in the Isuzu Piazza, where it had 150 PS (110 kW).
Isuzu Z engine
Bore x Stroke: 82 mm x 75 mm, displacement: 1,584 cc (96.7 cu in)
Bore x Stroke: 84 mm x 82 mm, displacement: 1,817 cc (110.9 cu in)
The 1.8L 4ZB1 SOHC 8V engine was used in the 1981 to 1985 Isuzu Fargo and produced 88 PS (65 kW). It was a development of the earlier G180 engine. It has also been built by Hindustan Motors in India since the 1990s, replacing the G180Z there.
Bore x Stroke: 88 mm x 82 mm, displacement: 1,994 cc (121.7 cu in)
The 2.0L 4ZC1 SOHC eight valve engine used in Isuzu Fargo van from 1986 on. 94 PS (69 kW) in the van. This was also used in the Isuzu Aska, where it produces 110 PS (81 kW) (JIS), the export version claimed 100 PS. A 150 PS (110 kW) turbo version (4ZC1-T) could be found in the Isuzu Piazza & Isuzu Aska.
Bore x Stroke: 89.3 mm x 90 mm, displacement: 2,255 cc (137.6 cu in)
The 2.3L 4ZD1 SOHC eight valve could be found in the Pickup, the MU/Wizard/Rodeo/Amigo, and the Trooper. Max power in the Amigo/MU was 96 hp (72 kW), while export market Troopers (carburetted) produced 110 PS (81 kW) and MY 1988/89 US market Isuzu Piazzas received an MPFi version with 110 hp (82 kW) at 5,000 rpm.
Bore x Stroke: 92.6 mm x 95 mm, displacement: 2,559 cc (156.2 cu in)
The 2.6L 4ZE1 SOHC eight valve engine features 120 hp (89 kW) and was available as an option to replace the 4ZD1 on four-wheel-drive models. It was fitted to the MU/Wizard/Rodeo/Amigo, the Trooper, and the Pickup.
Isuzu B engine
- The 4BA1 is a 2.8 L (2,775 cc) diesel sold in Isuzu Elf light trucks of several generations. Power output ranges from 75 to 85 PS (55 to 63 kW). This is one of the most common diesel engines in Philippine jeepneys along with the 4BC1 and 4BD1.
- The 4BB1 is a 3.6 L (3,595 cc) direct injection diesel sold in Isuzu ELF and KT light trucks from 1973 to 1979. It is a four-cylinder version of the 6BB1. Bore is 102 mm, stroke 110 mm, power output was from 80 to 100 PS (59 to 74 kW) at 3300-3400 rpm, max torque was 207Nm (153 ft-lb SAE) at 2,000rpm.
- The 4BC1 is a 3.3L diesel sold in Isuzu ELF light trucks from 1980 to 1982. Bore 102 mm.power output was 87PS.
- The 4BC2 is a 3.3L direct injection diesel (otherwise the same as the 4BC1) sold in the Isuzu ELF and NPR trucks from 1982 to 1987. Bore 102 mm. 65 kw (87 hp) at 3500 rpm, 200 Nm at 2,200 rpm.
- The 4BD1 is a 3.9 L direct injection diesel sold in Isuzu ELF trucks as well as marine and industrial applications from 1979. Power output varied. 1979 models had 64 kW (87 SAE HP) at 3,200rpm, 1988 models had 78 kW (106 SAE HP) at 3,200rpm. Peak torque is 263 Nm at 1,900 rpm for the 1988 model. Bore is 102mm, stroke is 118mm. OEM diesel in Australian specification Land Rover SIII Stage 1 and coil sprung 110, 120, and Land Rover Perentie models from 1981 to 1989. In Batangas, Philippines, it has been used in jeepneys as the "Barako".
- The 4BD1T is a turbocharged version of the 3.9 L 4BD1, it was produced from 1985 and was fitted to Isuzu NPR trucks from 1986 and sold in the US. OEM diesel in Australian specifications Land Rover Perentie 6X6 models from 1989 to 1992. Different versions feature power ratings ranging from 90 to 100 kW (120-135 PS), peak torque ranges from 314 to 330 Nm at 1,800 rpm, also use in jeepneys built in Batangas.
- The 4BD2T is an indirect injection version of the 4BD1T that was also intercooled, it replaced the 4BD1T in the US market until 1998.
Bore x Stroke 102 mm x 118 mm Displacement: 3,856 cc (235.3 cu in). Power was 100 kW (135 SAE Gross HP) at 3000 rpm, torque was 345Nm (255 Ft-lbs SAE) at 2000 rpm.
- The 4BE1 is a 3.6L direct injection engine. It replaced the 4BC2 in Isuzu NPR's from 1987- non turbo, VE rotary injection pump or Zexel/Diesel Kiki A-type injection pump. Bore and stroke are both 105mm. Power ratings in the last versions (NKR300)are 74 kW (100 SAE HP) at 3,500rpm and 242 Nm at 2000rpm.
- The 4BG1 is a 4.3L, non turbo, direct injection industrial and marine engine. The 4BG1T is a turbocharged version of the 4BG1 and is available in marine ratings to 200 PS (147 kW).
Bore x stroke: 105 mm X 125 mm Displacement: 4,329 cc (264.2 cu in)
Isuzu C engine
- The C180 is a 1.8 L (1,764 cc) OHV 8V engine used in the Isuzu Bellett, Bellett B, Express, and Wasp.
Bore x stroke: 79 mm x 90 mm, displacement: 1,764 cc (107.6 cu in). Power is 50 PS (37 kW).
- The C190 is a 2.0 L OHV 8V engine used in the Isuzu Faster/Holden Rodeo and Isuzu Florian. It was also fitted to the Delta Mini Cruiser for the European market. It has also been fitted to light-duty versions of the Isuzu Elf and the Isuzu Journey-S minibus. For later industrial and marine applications, this engine has been called 4AA1.
Bore x stroke: 86 mm x ?? mm, displacement: 1,951 cc (119.1 cu in), power 62 PS (46 kW) at 4400 rpm
- The C220, C221, C223 is a 2.2 L OHV eight valve engine with 58 hp and 93 ft·lb of torque used in the 1981–1982 Chevrolet LUV and the 1981 through 1987 Isuzu P'up. It was also used in the 1979–1981 Isuzu 117 Coupé XD/XDL, one of the first cars with sporting pretensions to be fitted with a diesel engine. In the 117, claimed max power (JIS) increased to 73 PS (54 kW) at 4,300 rpm. It is a bored out version of the 2-litre DL201 and was first seen in the 1964 Isuzu Elf, as the C220 with 62 PS. For the 1968 new model Elf it was upgraded (now with 65 PS) and called the C221.
Bore x stroke: 88 x 92 mm, displacement: 2,238 cc (136.6 cu in)
- The C240 is a 2.4 L (2,369 cc), 86 mm bore OHV 8V engine often used in stationary and forklift applications. It has been used in the second and third generation Isuzu Elf 250 since late 1969 (TLD23) and also in the rare, front-wheel drive "Elf Mypack" (KUD20). For later industrial and marine applications, this engine has been called 4AB1.
MAX Torque (N.m): 145
- This family of Isuzu engines were fitted in early diesel jeepneys and CJ2A, CJ3A jeeps made by Francisco Motors and Sarao Motors in the Philippines.
Isuzu DL engine
- The DL200 is a long-stroke 2.0L OHV 8V engine with cast iron block and head. It was fitted to the Isuzu Elf and offered 52 PS and 12 kgm of torque. In 1961 it was replaced by the more modern DL201 engine.
Bore x stroke: 79.0 x 107.0 mm, displacement: 1,999 cc (122.0 cu in)
Bore x stroke: 79.0 x 82.0 mm, displacement: 1,608 cc (98.1 cu in)
- The DL201 is a 2.0L OHV 8V engine with cast iron block and head. It was fitted to the Bellel and Bellel Express as well as the Elf and Elfin trucks and offered 55 PS and 89 ft·lb of torque. Like its smaller sister, the DL201 used a license-built Bosch fuel injection unit.
Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 92.0 mm, displacement: 1,991 cc (121.5 cu in)
Isuzu E engine
- The 4EC1 is a 1.5 L (1,488 cc) SOHC 8V engine of the swirl chamber design, with bore and stroke of 76.0 x 82.0 mm. Power in the atmospheric version is 50 PS (37 kW) at 4,800 rpm and 90 Nm at 3,000 rpm. The turbocharged version (IHI) develops 67 PS (49 kW) at 4,600 rpm and 132 Nm at 2,600 rpm as fitted to the Opel Corsa A (with 0.68 bar or 9.9 psi of boost), and 72 PS (53 kW) at 4,600 rpm and 143 Nm at 2,600 rpm when fitted to the larger Opel Kadett E. This engine was first seen in the Isuzu Gemini FF.
- The 4EE1 is a 1.7 L (1,686 cc) SOHC 8V swirl chamber engine, with bore and stroke of 79.0 and 86.0 mm (3.11 and 3.39 in) respectively. The turbocharged and intercooled version first seen in the 1990 Isuzu Gemini develops 88 PS (65 kW) at 4,500 rpm and 167 Nm at 2,500 rpm. This engine formed the basis for the common rail, direct injection 4EE2 engine now produced by Opel, who calls it the Ecotec DTi/CDTi. Power in the latest Opel Corsa has been increased to 130 PS (96 kW).
Isuzu F engine
- The 4FB1 is a 1.8 L SOHC 8-valve engine with 51 hp and 72 ft·lb of torque used in the 1981–1986 Chevrolet Chevette and the 1979–1987 Isuzu Gemini/I-Mark as well as the Australian Holden Gemini iteration of that car. It was also available with electronic fuel injection (Bosch) and with a turbocharger.
Bore x stroke: 84 mm x 82 mm Displacement: 1,817 cc (110.9 cu in)
- 61 PS (45 kW) at 5,000 rpm, 11.2 kg·m (110 N·m; 81 lb·ft) at 2,000 rpm (JIS)
- 66 PS (49 kW) at 5,000 rpm, 11.2 kg·m (110 N·m; 81 lb·ft) at 2,000 rpm (JIS) - Electronic injection
- 73 PS (54 kW) at 5,000 rpm, 16.0 kg·m (157 N·m; 116 lb·ft) at 2,500 rpm (JIS) - Turbocharged
- The 4FC1 is a 2.0 L SOHC 8-valve engine used in the Isuzu Aska, and in Hindustan Ambassador in turbo and non-turbo (2DE1 NA) form.
Bore x stroke: 84 mm x 90 mm Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Isuzu H engine
- The 4HE1T is an OHC direct injection turbocharged engine of 4.75L capacity. Peak torque is 400Nm at 1,800 rpm, peak power is 148 PS (109 kW) at 2,900 rpm. Bore is 110 mm, stroke is 125 mm
Applications include the 1998 Isuzu NQR500
- The 4HE1-XN is an OHC direct injection turbocharged engine of 4.75L capacity. Peak torque is 458Nm at 2,000-2,400 rpm, peak power is 173 PS (127 kW) at 2,700 rpm. Bore is 110 mm, stroke is 125 mm
Applications include the 2003 Isuzu NPR400
- The 4HF1 is an OHC direct injection engine of 4.33L capacity. Peak torque is 285Nm at 1,800 rpm, peak power is 116 PS (85 kW) at 3,200 rpm. Bore is 112 mm, stroke is 110 mm
Applications include the 1998 Isuzu NPR200
- The 4HG1T is an OHC direct injection turbocharged engine of 4.57L capacity. Peak torque is 325 Nm at 1,800 rpm, peak power is 121 PS (89 kW) at 3,000 rpm. Bore is 115 mm
Applications include the 2000 Isuzu NPR350A
- The 4HK1-TCN is a direct injection SOHC 16V turbocharged engine of 5.2L capacity. Peak torque is 402 Nm from 1,500-2,600 rpm, peak power is 148 PS (109 kW) at 2,600 rpm. Bore is 115 mm, stroke is 125 mm. Applications include the 2006 Isuzu NPR400 
- The 4HK1-TCC is a direct injection SOHC 16V turbocharged engine of 5.2L capacity. Peak torque is 510 Nm from 1,500-2,000 rpm, peak power is 189 PS (139 kW) at 2,600 rpm. Bore is 115 mm, stroke is 125 mm. Applications include 2008 Isuzu NQR500
- The 4HK1-TCS is a direct injection SOHC 16V turbocharged engine of 5.2L capacity. Peak torque is 500Nm from 1600 to 2600 rpm, peak power is 175 PS (129 kW) at 2,600 rpm. Bore is 115 mm, stroke is 125 mm. Applications include 2005 Isuzu NQR500
- The 4HJ1 is an OHC direct injection engine of 4.99L capacity. Peak torque is 363Nm at 1,600 rpm, peak power is 151 PS (111 kW) at 3,100 rpm. Bore is 115 mm, stroke is 120 mm
- The 4HL1 Diesel Engine Displacement 4777cc Maximum Output 103kW (140hp) / 3000rpm Maximum Torque 333N-M (34.0 kg-m)' / 1500rpm Specifications - Direct injection diesel engine Electronic control common rail high-pressure fuel injection system OHC 16 valves
Isuzu J engine
- The 4JA1 is a 2.5 L (2,499 cc), 93 mm bore, 92 mm stroke direct injection 8V and 16v engine. It was used in a variety of Isuzu TF Pickups under a variety of names including Opel Campo, and also in the Thai market Isuzu Cameo and in the Isuzu Panther, an Isuzu MUV car produced in Indonesia. The current 4JA1L has 80 PS (59 kW) and is also installed in the Isuzu Bison, a relabelled Mitsubishi Delica (L300) for the Indonesian market
- The 4JA1-T is a 2.5 L (2,499 cc), 93 mm bore, 92 mm stroke direct injection .
- The 4JK1-TC is a 2.5 L (2,499 cc), 95.4 mm bore, 87.4 mm stroke direct injection 16V diesel engine. It was used in the Isuzu D-Max and Chevrolet Colorado inThailand. Stock power was 116 hp (85 kW) and 280N·m at1800-2200rpm.
- The 4JK1-TCX is a 2.5 L (2,499 cc), 95.4 mm bore, 87.4 mm stroke direct injection electronic commonrail 16V diesel engine with compression ratio at 18.1:1. It was used in the Isuzu D-Max in Malaysia. Stock power was 136 ps (100 kW) and 320N·m at1800-2800rpm.
- The 4JB1 is a 2.8 L (2,771 cc) 93 mm bore, 102 mm stroke direct injection diesel engine. It was used in the Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper), Mu (Rodeo), Wizard (LWB Rodeo), Rodeo Pickup and Holden Jackaroo sold in most world markets aside from North America until the early 1990s. Stock power was 87 PS (64 kW) in the 1989 Isuzu Trooper. Industrial versions of this motor were also sold in Isuzu light trucks.
- The 4JB1-T is a turbocharged version of the 4JB1. It was intercooled in some applications. Power levels ranged between 100 and 115 PS (74 and 85 kW) depending on specifications.
- The 4JG2 is a 3.1 L (3,059 cc), 95.4 mm bore x 107 mm stroke version with indirect injection. It replaced the 4JB1-T in the Isuzu Bighorn (Trooper II) and Mu/Wizard (Rodeo) in most markets. This engine was upgraded from mechanical injection to electronically controlled mechanical injection.
Isuzu 4JG1 Engine
Max. Torque (N.m): 205 Max. Rated Output (kW/min-1):48.0 / 2500 Oil Pump:Trochid type. Gear driven from camshaft. Fuel System:By plunger and nozzle. High pressure solid inj. type. Injection Pump:Zexel make. In-Iine Bosch A type. Type of Fuel:Diesel fuel Starter Motor (V-kW): 12V Compression ratio:18.6 to 1 Firing Order:1-3-4-2 Valvetrain Configuration:Over Head Valve
- The 4JH1-T is a 3.0L OHV direct injection engine, turbo intercooled which replaced the 4JB1T in the Faster/Rodeo pickups. This vehicle was sold as the Holden Rodeo in New Zealand and Australia. On some models it features an electronically controlled injection pump. Stock power was 120 hp (88 kW) and 245N·m.
- The 4JJ1-TC is a DOHC 16V 3.0L common rail direct injection engine with turbo and intercooler which replaced the 4JH1 in the Holden Rodeo and later Holden Colorado. Stock power was 146 hp (107 kW) and 294N·m
- The 4JJ1-TCX is a DOHC 16V 3.0L common rail direct injection engine with VGS-turbo and intercooler. Stock power was 163hp (120kW) and 360N·m for Manual transmission/ 333N·m for Automatic transmission and up to 177hp and 380N·m later.
- The 4JX1 is a 3.0L direct injection diesel engine, turbo, some intercooled, which replaced the 4JG2 in the Isuzu Bighorn/Trooper/Holden Jackaroo. It uses unit injectors and 4 valves per cylinder.
Isuzu L Engine
- The Circle L engine is a 1.7L direct injection engine made in Poland by Isuzu Motors Polska and is available in certain Opel & Honda Vehicles.
- 2004–2006 used the General Motors-built Vortec 3500 Engine with 220 hp (164 kW) and 225 ft·lb (305 N·m) of torque.
- 2007–2008 use the General Motors-built Vortec 3700 Engine with 242 hp (180 kW) and 242 ft·lb (327 N·m) of torque.
- From 1989 to 1990 the 2.8 L (2,838 cc) LL2 V6 with single point fuel injection, producing 122 hp (91 kW) and 204 N·m (150 lb·ft) of torque was used in the first generation Isuzu Trooper.
- From 1990 to 1992 the 3.1 L (3,128 cc) LG6 V6 engine with 122 hp (91 kW) and 224 N·m (165 lb·ft) was used in the Isuzu Rodeo until replaced with the Isuzu-built 3.2L 6VD1 engine.
- 2002–2009 SUV use the General Motors-built Vortec 4200 Engine with 275 hp (205 kW) and 275 ft·lbf (373 N·m) of torque. For the 2007 model year, the GMT360 platform received an increase to 291 hp (217 kW) and 277 ft·lb (376 N·m) of torque.
- The 1996–2000 Isuzu Hombre used the General Motors-built Vortec 4300 Engine with 180 hp (134 kW) and 245 ft·lb (332 N·m) of torque.
Isuzu V engine
- The 6VD1 3.2L SOHC V6 was used from 1993 to 1995 featuring 175 hp (130 kW). In 1996, the same engine was available in DOHC form with 190 hp (142 kW) until 2002 with the termination of the Isuzu Trooper as the 6VD1W.
Bore x Stroke: 93.4 mm x 77 mm Displacement: 3,165 cc (193 cid)
- The 6VE1W 3.5L DOHC 24V V6 was introduced in 1998 with 215 hp (160 kW) and used until 2004 with the termination of the Isuzu Axiom. Gasoline direct injection was added for 2004 only and boasted output to 230 hp (172 kW). This was a stroked version of the 6VD1.
Bore x Stroke: 93.4 mm x 85 mm Displacement: 3,494 cc (213 cid)
- The D400 is an OHV inline-six diesel engine of 3988 cc displacement. It has 102 PS (75 kW) at 3400 rpm and 25.0 kg·m (245 N·m; 181 lb·ft) at 1800 rpm. It was first seen in 1968, in the TY-series truck.
- The DA640 is an inline-six, four-stroke diesel engine of 6373 cc displacement. It has 135 PS (99 kW) at 2600 rpm and 41.5 kg·m (407 N·m; 300 lb·ft) at 1600 rpm.
- The 6DE1 DMAX V6 engine is a DOHC 24V turbocharged engine with 184 PS (135 kW) and 400 N·m (300 lb·ft) of torque as found in the Euro IV specification Vauxhall Vectra.
- Bore x Stroke: 87.5 mm x 82 mm Displacement: 2,958 cc (2.958 L; 180.5 cu in)
- The 6BB1 is a 6-cylinder version of the 4BB1 and displaces 5393 cc.
- The 6BD1 and 6BD1T are six-cylinder versions of the 4BD1/4BD1T and displace 5785 cc.
- The 6BG1T is a 6-cylinder version of the 4BG1T and displaces 6.3 litres.
- The 6HK1 is a SOHC 24V turbocharged engine with 200-300 HP (149-224 KW) and 700–1,160 N·m (520–860 lb·ft) of torque.
- Bore x stroke: 114.8 mm x 125 mm, displacement: 7.8 L (7,785 cc)
- The 6QA2 is used for heavy duty buses.
- The 6UZ1 is a 9.8 L (9,839 cc) inline six-cylinder diesel engine, used in trucks and buses.
- The DH100 is an inline-six, four-stroke diesel engine of 10,179 cc displacement. It has 195 PS (143 kW) at 2300 rpm and 69.0 kg·m (677 N·m; 499 lb·ft) at 1200 rpm.
- The 6WG1-TCS is a 15.2 liter inline six-cylinder diesel engine with 480-520 hp, it is used in Isuzu GigaMAX truck.
- The E120 is a 12.0 L (12,023 cc) inline six-cylinder diesel engine, used in heavier-duty dumper trucks and similar. It has 260 PS (191 kW) at 2500 rpm and 84.0 kg·m (824 N·m; 608 lb·ft) at 1400 rpm.
- 2001–2009 General Motors SUV's use the General Motors-built Vortec 5300 Engine with 285 hp (213 kW) and 325 ft·lb (441 N·m) of torque.
- Isuzu Commercial trucks use the General Motors-built Vortec 6000 Engine with 300 hp (224 kW) and 360 ft·lb (488 N·m) of torque.
- The 8PA1 is a 10.0 L (9,971 cc) V8 diesel truck engine. It has 215 PS (158 kW) at 2800 rpm and 62.0 kg·m (608 N·m; 448 lb·ft) at 1600 rpm.
- Ozeki, Kazuo (2007).
日本のトラック・バス 1918~1972[Japanese Trucks and Buses 1918-1972:] (in Japanese). Tokyo: Miki Press. p. 54. ISBN 978-4-89522-494-9.
- "ものづくりの歴史 いすゞ自動車株式会社" [Manufacturing history of Isuzu Motors]. Isuzu Recruiting Information (in Japanese). Isuzu Motors. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Ishikawa, Kenji (2012-05-01), トラックメーカーアーカイブ: いすゞ自動車のすべて [Truck Manufacturer Archive: Everything Isuzu], Camion (in Japanese) (Tokyo, Japan: Geibun Mooks): 86, ISBN 978-4-86396-183-8
- Mastrostefano, Raffaele, ed. (1985). Quattroruote: Tutte le Auto del Mondo 1985 (in Italian). Milano: Editoriale Domus S.p.A. p. 175. ISBN 88-7212-012-8.
- Isuzu: Piazza, 117 Coupé, Bellett GT (in Japanese), Tokyo: Neko Publishing, 1991, p. 63, ISBN 4-87366-026-2
- Meyer, Donald E. (March 2009), The first century of GMC truck history, GM Heritage Center (General Motors): 37
- Mastrostefano, Raffaele, ed. (1990). Quattroruote: Tutte le Auto del Mondo 1990 (in Italian). Milano: Editoriale Domus S.p.A. p. 388.
- Tutte le Auto del Mondo 1990, pp. 389-390
- Büschi, Hans-Ulrich, ed. (5 March 1992). Automobil Revue 1992 (in German/French) 87. Berne, Switzerland: Hallwag AG. p. 318. ISBN 3-444-00539-3.
- Automobil Revue 1992, p. 319
- James M. Flammang (1994). Standard Catalog of Imported Cars, 1946–1990. Iola, WI: Krause Publications, Inc. p. 309. ISBN 0-87341-158-7.
- Quattroruote Speciale: Tutte le Auto del Mondo 1967 (in Italian). Milano: Editoriale Domus S.p.A. February 1967. p. 151.
- "1979 Isuzu 117 XD Coupé technical specifications". Carfolio.com. 2008-04-03.
- Flammang, p. 308
- Büschi, Hans-Ulrich, ed. (March 1991). Automobil Revue 1991 (in German/French) 86. Berne, Switzerland: Hallwag AG. pp. 457, 459. ISBN 3-444-00514-8.
- Automobil Revue 1991, p. 462
- Automobil Revue 1991, p. 332
- World Cars 1984. Pelham, NY: L'Editrice dell'Automobile LEA/Herald Books. 1984. p. 345. ISBN 0-910714-16-9.
- Automobil Revue 1991, p. 334
- Büschi, Hans-Ulrich, ed. (10 March 1994). Automobil Revue 1994 (in German/French) 89. Berne, Switzerland: Hallwag AG. p. 316. ISBN 3-444-00584-9.
- 自動車ガイドブック [Automobile Guide Book] (in Japanese) (Japan: Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association) 23: 291. 1976-10-20. 0053-760023-3400. Check date values in:
- Automobile Guide Book 1976/1977, p. 279
- [1980–2004 Isuzu Shop Manuals]
- Official Website -Isuzu Commercial Vehicles