List of Jacksonville Jaguars first-round draft picks
The Jacksonville Jaguars joined the National Football League (NFL) in 1995 as an expansion team, along with the Carolina Panthers. The Jaguars' first selection in the NFL draft as a team was Tony Boselli, an offensive tackle from the University of Southern California (USC). The team's most recent first round selection was Luke Joeckel, an offensive tackle from Texas A&M.
Every year during April, each NFL franchise seeks to add new players to its roster through a collegiate draft known as "the NFL Annual Player Selection Meeting", which is more commonly known as the NFL Draft. Teams are ranked in inverse order based on the previous season's record, with the worst record picking first, and the second worst picking second and so on. The two exceptions to this order are made for teams that appeared in the previous Super Bowl; the Super Bowl champion always picks 32nd, and the Super Bowl loser always picks 31st. Teams have the option of trading away their picks to other teams for different picks, players, cash, or a combination thereof. Thus, it is not uncommon for a team's actual draft pick to differ from their assigned draft pick, or for a team to have extra or no draft picks in any round due to these trades.
The Jaguars have never selected the number one overall pick in the draft, but they have selected the second overall pick twice. The team has selected players from Florida three times, and two times from USC and Tennessee.
- "Five-time Pro Bowler Boselli set to retire". ESPN.com. July 16, 2003. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "NFL All Decade Team: 1990s". NFL.com. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- Pulliam, Kent (1995-04-23). "No. 1: 322 pounds of potential, Chiefs trade down, then nab Michigan offensive lineman". The Kansas City Star (The McClatchy Company). p. C1. The Jaguars traded their 31st overall pick and a third and fourth round selection to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for the Chiefs' 19th overall pick.
- "Players: Kevin Hardy #51". PLAYERS INC. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Leaderboard: Rushing yards". Sports-Reference, Inc. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "The Week In Bills History: Important dates in Buffalo Bills history (April 13-19)". Buffalo Bills. Retrieved 2007-10-15.[dead link] The Jaguars traded quarterback Rob Johnson to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for the Bills' ninth overall pick.
- "Marcus Stroud statistics". Sports-Reference, Inc. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Outland Trophy Winners". Football Writers Association of America. August 14, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "John Henderson Bio". Jacksonville Jaguars. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Motor City Bowl Award Winners". Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- Gilmore, Rod (2001-12-20). "ESPN's Take". College Football 2001-2002 Bowls: GMAC Bowl. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Leftwich". Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "Marcedes Lewis Bio". Jacksonville Jaguars. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Reggie Nelson Bio". Jacksonville Jaguars. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Hall and Laurinaitis are finalists for Nagurski award". USA Today. 2006-11-16. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Finalists chosen for Thorpe Award". USA Today. 2006-11-21. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- Andrew Mason (2006-04-28). "Broncos Keep the Focus Up Front With Three Linemen on Day 1". Denver Broncos. Retrieved 2007-10-15. Jacksonville traded their 17th overall pick to the Denver Broncos in exchange for the Broncos' 21st overall, third-round, and sixth-round picks.
- The Jaguars received the eighth overall pick from the Baltimore Ravens.
- Wesseling, Chris (2013-04-25). "Luke Joeckel to Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013 NFL Draft". National Football League. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- Alder, James. "NFL Draft Basics:Determining Order of Selection". About.com. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "databaseFootball.com–Jacksonville Jaguars". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "NFL Draft History: First Round by Team: Jacksonville Jaguars". National Football League official Web site. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Hall of Famers by Franchise". Pro Football Hall of Fame official Web site. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars (1995-Present)". Sports E-cyclopedia. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
|Lists of NFL first-round draft picks by team|
|American Football Conference|
|AFC East||AFC North||AFC South||AFC West|
|National Football Conference|
|NFC East||NFC North||NFC South||NFC West|