List of Johnny Test characters
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
This is a list of Johnny Test characters from the Canadian/American animated television series Johnny Test. It premiered on Kids' WB, a division of The WB on September 17, 2005. Five months later, it was introduced to Cartoon Network UK on January 12, 2006. The series revolves around the adventures of Johnny Test, an 11-year-old suburban boy who lives with his super-genius, 13-year-old twin sisters, Susan and Mary, in the Test residence of the fictional town of Porkbelly.
- 1 Test Family
- 2 Other characters
- 2.1 Mr. Black and Mr. White
- 2.2 Gil Nexdor
- 2.3 The General
- 2.4 Sissy Blakely
- 2.5 Mr. Henry Teacherman
- 2.6 Hank Anchorman
- 2.7 Janet Nelson Jr.
- 2.8 Mayor Howard
- 2.9 Professor Slopsink
- 2.10 Tim Burnout
- 2.11 Lolo
- 2.12 Jillian Vegan
- 2.13 Mrs. Vegan
- 2.14 Speed McCool
- 2.15 Principal Joseph Goodvibes
- 2.16 Repto-Slicer
- 2.17 Montague
- 2.18 Mrs. Hamilton
- 2.19 Turbo Toy Force
- 2.20 Screechereen
- 2.21 Road Burn
- 3 Villains
Jonathan "Johnny" Test (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) is an annoying little brother, narcissistic, and widely disrespected/disrespectful 11-year-old boy who is the son of Hugh and Lila, brother of Susan and Mary and the main protagonist and antihero. He is frequently called the "kid with the flaming hair" due to having red highlights in his blond/orange hair. As well as this, he is most often seen wearing baggy green cargo pants and a black short sleeved shirt with a trefoil symbol on it, which he wears under a blue short sleeved dress shirt, black hi-tops sneakers with white laces, and a watch that he rarely uses. Because he has Susan and Mary by his side, he can live any kid's dream, only to find out that some dreams aren't worth living. He is very hyperactive and often messes with his sisters' inventions, causing trouble and mayhem, but just as often shows his intelligence, such as by frequently tricking his genius sisters or saving the day from the latest danger. Johnny can be considered very spoiled and stubborn, as he gets what he wants through deceit, blackmail or manipulation, though this becomes less frequent. He has a sense of justice and is slowly becoming more responsible, but still remains mischievous. He has very small crushes on Janet Nelson, Sissy Blakely and Jillian Vegan (but will always deny having any crushes). Johnny hates school and doesn't study hard; he goes to great lengths to avoid doing work, often using his sisters' inventions to do so, putting himself and/or others in danger. He is also shown to be skillful at running (from being chased by bullies and other villains) and inherited his father's athletic gifts, allowing him to win a full curling scholarship in the episode "A Scholarship For Johnny". His catchphrase is "Whoa, didn't see that coming" during an unexpected event, though he also exclaims "Schpingo" when he succeeds at something. He often protects his sister Susan from Bling-Bling Boy when he tries to make Susan fall in love for with him. Johnny has Scottish-Canadian ancestry as revealed in the episode "Who's Johnny?". He also has the habit of saying "Go!" after saying the name of a weapon or power before using said weapon or power. Johnny has an alter ego that he calls Johnny X, who is a superhero who has various superpowers.
Dukey (voiced by Louis Chirillo (season 1-4), Trevor Devall (season 5-present) is Johnny's anthropomorphic talking Mixed breed pet dog and best friend. Dukey's human qualities come from one of Susan and Mary's inventions. When Mr. and Mrs. Test aren't around, Dukey stands on his hind legs rather than all fours. Dukey must hide his intelligence from Johnny's parents because Mr. Test forbade Susan and Mary from conducting DNA experiments. Sometimes Dukey dresses as a human being when going out in public, usually in a shirt marked 'NOT A DOG', and he is addressed by others as Johnny's "hairy friend" or "the kid with the rare hair disorder" because the minor characters' lack of intellect causes them to believe that Dukey is a human. Dukey can easily be bribed into assisting Johnny in his adventures with steak. His superhero name was "Super Dukey" at first, but then changed it to "Super Pooch". It is also shown throughout the series that he knows Kung-Fu. In the episode "Johnny's New BFF", he talks in front of Johnny's parents and helps them solve everyday problems. Whenever he is involved in a bad situation, he tends to go crazy after he repeats his catchphrase: "I'm going to freak out now." In the episode "Du Kay" Dukey appears in different characters.
Susan and Mary Test
The Test Twins are Johnny's 13-year-old genius identical twin sisters, who frequently use him as a lab rat, in their attempts to impress their neighbor, Gil Nexdor. They like him and try to make their own Gil. Even though they generally refuse to help Johnny in his antics, they generally end up doing so anyway due to Johnny blackmailing or manipulating them, or in exchange for Johnny allowing them to use him as a guinea pig though this becomes less commonplace in the later episodes. Their hard-headed demeanor makes them gullible, and Johnny tricks them on various occasions. Both twins wear traditional lab coats and harbor a deep love and obsession for the Test's next door neighbor, although their attempts to attract his attention always end in failure. Both girls attend school at the Porkbelly (formally Mega) Institute of Technology.
- Susan Test (voiced by Maryke Hendrikse): She has blue eyes and wears a black skirt, knee-high socks, a pair of Mary Janes, and a blue shirt depicting a star. She has straight red hair, held with a star-shaped clip, and square eyeglasses. Without her glasses she has small dots for eyes but in later episodes her eyes are like everyone else's. Her eyes show strain which show she has poor vision. She tends to be more jaded and cynical than Mary, which often leads to her downfall. Susan's emotions are more extreme than her twin's, and she tends to be more impulsive. Eugene/Bling-Bling expresses fond interest in Susan, often causing her to be used as a "bargaining chip" in his negotiations.
- Mary Test (voiced by Brittney Wilson (season 1, 5), Ashleigh Ball (season 2-4, and 6-present): She has small teal dots for eyes and often wears baggy blue jeans and sneakers with her trademark yellow moon-shirt. She has curly red hair, held with a crescent moon clip, and wears crescent shaped glasses. She was only seen with her glasses off in the episodes "Downhill Johnny" and "Johnny's Got a Wart". Mary has been shown to be more compassionate than Susan. She believes less in science and more in science fiction, which often proves to be correct, despite her twin's scorn.
Hubert "Hugh" Test (voiced by Ian James Corlett) is the uptight, obsessive-compulsive pater familias of Johnny, Susan, and Mary; he is also Lila's husband. He has blond hair, blue eyes and wears a green sweater over a yellow shirt with brown pants and loafers. Hugh's two biggest obsessions are cleaning and cooking meatloaf, which the rest of the Test family openly despises. He also gets distracted if he loses his shoe, and can't focus if he does, something that Johnny occasionally exploits. He often wants his children to cease, or reverse, their various antics before dinner or risk long groundings. He outlaws genetic experiments in the house, which is frequently defied. He is revealed to be frugal as when he suggests a cheap camping vacation in the episode "Porta Johnny" and says he hates expensive things. His cleanliness and strictness often clashes with Johnny's ways. He proclaims with pride that he has Spanish heritage and loves a Scottish hero Angus based on doctor Alexander Fleming who won The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for discovering penicillin. He is a rival of Lila. Hugh's first name wasn't revealed until the episode "Johnny Goes Nuts".
Lillian "Lila" Test (voiced by Kathleen Barr) is the children's workaholic mother and wife of Hugh. A woman with Austrian heritage, she has brown hair, green eyes, wears a short light navy blue business suit with a skirt that reaches the midsection of her upper leg, a red pearl necklace, and high heeled shoes. Although she usually wears a casual business suit, she is sometimes seen in a T-shirt, Hawaiian shirt, bikini, or dress. She is a lawyer, working in finance. Due to the demands of her job, Mrs. Test isn't seen at home as often as the rest of the family, but her family always comes first and she never misses vacations and family events, despite the fact she always manages to take her work with her one way or another. She seems to have a near mental breakdown when she is prevented from working. She has demonstrated hyperactive behavior in the past, engaging in extreme stunt-like acts in order to enter the house when the twins were tasked with keeping her outside.
Mr. Black and Mr. White
Mr. Black and Mr. White (voiced by Bill Mondy and Scott McNeil) are incompetent secret agents who ask Johnny, Mary, Susan, and Dukey for help whenever they can not handle a crisis alone. They usually use Susan and Mary Test's inventions. Their names are the opposite of their appearance: Mr. White is African-American and Mr. Black is Caucasian. Despite first appearing as villains, they're friends to the kids on most occasions. They desire to go to Fiji for vacation. They often ask the Test kids for items and have also participated in their races. Mr. Black and Mr. White once ran away from home as kids for the same reason Johnny did, though Mr. White skateboarded and Mr. Black scootered away. It is also implied that they care for each other very much. Fans have described their relationship as a "very tight friendship".
Gil Nexdor (voiced by Andrew Francis) is a handsome teen who obsesses Susan and Mary, but doesn't know they exist, despite having lived next door to him since they were born and having met them face to face on several occasions. He is ignorant, inattentive, and easily frightened, although his looks obscure most of the time. Much to the ire of Johnny's sisters, Gil considers Johnny his friend (whenever Gil appears when Johnny is around, he shouts, "Hey, Johnny!"). Due to the girls' crush, their experiments often revolve around him, on some occasions affecting him directly.
The General (voiced by Lee Tockar) is Mr. White and Mr. Black's boss. He is leader of the Area 51.1 army base. Loud, slightly incompetent, and forgetful, he takes action whenever the situation becomes too large for the Tests to manage, although his efforts never fare any better. He also may take action when something threatens the city's safety (such as new weaponry going haywire, or unknowingly targeting Johnny and Dukey with a robotic lake monster used by a scammer to capitalize on an old legend, although he sometimes doesn't know he is antagonizing the Test kids). He is prone to overkill and rarely considers the consequences of his actions for civilians.
Sissy Blakely (voiced by Brittney Wilson in Seasons 1 and 5, Ashleigh Ball in Seasons 2–4 and 6-present) is an 11-year-old girl who competes (and argues) with Johnny. If Sissy defeats him, she brags about it. Johnny's wins either get him into a situation or trigger comparable braggadocio. She has blonde hair with a red lightning bolt pattern, with multiple ear piercings and a plaid skirt with pants underneath. She has a small crush on Johnny, but it is never confirmed; she keeps it hidden to continuously make fun of Johnny. The crush was confirmed in the episode "Johnny's Perfect Saturday", but after a talk from Hugh he uses the rewind clock and attempts to destroy any evidence that his crush on her exists.
- Missy (voiced by Ashleigh Ball in Seasons 2, 4, and 6, and Brittney Wilson in Season 5) is Sissy's pink labradoodle dog. She only appears in Seasons 2, late Season 4, but with the name "Fluffy" in that appearance, and Season 5.
Mr. Henry Teacherman
Mr. Henry Teacherman (voiced by Louis Chirillo in Seasons 1-4, Trevor Devall in Season 5-present) is Johnny's teacher, who Johnny believes is "out to get him". At times, he is shown to get sadistic pleasure out of punishing Johnny. Mr. Teacherman is always tough, but not always mean. He believes that deep down, there is a great student inside of everyone, including Johnny as revealed in the episode "Johnny Bench".
Heinrich "Hank" Anchorman (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) is an anchorman for Porkbelly News. In his first appearance, he had blond hair, was thinner and younger, but later on, he had brown hair (which was a wig), was older, and had a different face.
Janet Nelson Jr.
Janet Nelson Jr. (voiced by Kathleen Barr) is Johnny's former crush. She is a vain, shallow, self-centered, and popular girl who is usually mean and inconsiderate to Johnny and labels him a loser. She has a love-hate relationship with him, but she is too popular to express the love part.
Mayor Howard (voiced by Lee Tockar) is the Mayor of Porkbelly and is a short, bald man who easily panics at the first sign of trouble, and caves under pressure. Whenever a villain appears, he swears allegiance with the villain and changes the name of the city without being asked. In the episode "Johnny Zombie Tea Party" it is revealed he has a mother who still lives with him and his first name is Howard.
Professor Slopsink (voiced by Richard Newman) is the German head professor at the Mega (later Porkbelly) Institute of Technology. Due to a mishap with one of Eugene's inventions, he lacks a right hand, and uses a robotic hand.
Timothy "Tim" Burnout (voiced by Andrew Francis) is a classmate of Susan and Mary and the former owner of Mr. Mittens. He copied the modified genetic structure used by Susan and Mary to create Dukey and used it on Mr. Mittens, which turned him into an evil villain seeking world domination. Despite his lazy personality, he is very intelligent, as he was able to alter Mr. Mittens. His last name refers to the way he acts. Tim returned in the episode "The Johnny Express"; however, his long absence from the last two seasons resulted in Johnny not remembering who he is.
Jillian Vegan (voiced by Maryke Hendrikse) is Dark Vegan's 15-year-old daughter who doesn't approve of her father's evil ways. She makes friends with Johnny and twice helps him save his world. She's angry with her father for what he does to planets and temporarily became leader of Vegandon after her debut. As of the fourth season she lives comfortably on Earth, having successfully integrated into its culture. In her second appearance, her crush on Johnny is revealed. Jillian hasn't had any on-screen appearances since season 5, but Dark Vegan revealed in "Johnny's No. 1 Fan" that she wants to return to Vegandon.
Mrs. Vegan (voiced by Kathleen Barr) is Dark Vegan's wife and Jillian's mother. Like her daughter, she quickly adapted an Earthly lifestyle.
Principal Joseph Goodvibes
Principal Joseph Goodvibes (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) is the principal of Johnny's middle school, and likes Johnny, despite his antics, which have caused large-scale destruction on more than one occasion.
Repto-Slicer is a blue-green mutant lizard. He was originally owned and created by Eugene. He earned his name from the razors that protrude from his body; he has a chainsaw for a tongue. He excels at salsa-making. He was later let go on the Planet Razorium to cure his loneliness.
Montague (voiced by Lee Tockar) is a talking mouse bent on world domination who always demands cheese. He was given intelligence by one of Susan and Mary's inventions and often annoys people with his speeches promoting anarchy.
Mrs. Hamilton (voiced by Lee Tockar) is the mother of Eugene. She is very harsh with her son, and is always screaming but is calmed by smooth talk.
Turbo Toy Force
The Turbo Toy Force is a group of toys that were animated and given superpowers by Johnny, Dukey, Mary, and Susan to battle Nasteria. The group consists of: Stacy, Nice Sweatered Ben, a toy bunny rabbit, a toy dragon, a chew toy, and formerly Mega Roboticle.
- Mega Roboticle: Johnny's red hero robot action figure that he used Susan and Mary's "Static Animator" to bring to life. Mega Roboticle is the former leader of The Turbo Toy Force who left without an explanation.
Screechereen began as a cute but weak Tiny'mon named Cuddlebuns and evolved later on. She is a legendary Tiny'mon that many believed didn't exist and is incredibly strong. In "Return of Johnny'Mon", she gave up her power points to evolve Hugh, resulting in her evolution being reversed.
Road Burn is a white and yellow monster truck built by Bling-Bling Boy, he has a golden chassis,diamond rims, and diamond lights; he uses it to impress Susan. But she wasn't interested in it, Bling-Bling Boy then kicks it for not winning Susan's heart, Road Burn suddenly becomes alive and knocks Bling-Bling Boy away. After seeing a poster of a monster truck rally, he follows Johnny And Dukey to the Porkbelly stadium. He is more powerful than any normal monster truck, he can crush monster trucks, withstand flame throwers and missiles, and can even push back monster trucks. He is able to breathe fire out of his mouth and chomp through vehicles. Road Burn later reforms and lets his son go play with Johnny and Dukey. He only appeared in the episode "Johnny And The Attack Of The Monster Truck".
Eugene "Bling-Bling Boy" Hamilton (voiced by Lee Tockar) is the main antagonist of Johnny Test and admirer of Susan Test, preferring to go by name of "Bling-Bling Boy" (because of his gold jewelry and watches). Most characters usually call him by his real name, which annoys him greatly. He is a dillionaire. He has a big crush on Susan, who does not reciprocate his feelings. He often resorts to evil plots or blackmail to try and force her to be his girlfriend. He occasionally teams up with Johnny and Dukey to defeat the other villains. He is friends with Johnny and Dukey, despite being the main antagonist of the series. His mother punishes him for "embarrassing her" with his evil schemes. He used to attend the Mega/Porkbelly Institution of Technology, but left after his thesis ate Professor Slopsink's hand. He was allowed to return in exchange for aiding in preventing a nuclear crisis and finally admitting to missing human interaction.
- Miss X and Miss Z (voiced by Brittney Wilson): These girls are actually two cyborgs created by Bling Bling Boy. They only appear in a few episodes of Season 1 (and one of them appears in one episode of Season 2, voiced by Maryke Hendrikse).
Mitchell "Bumper" Randalls (voiced by Scott McNeil) is a local bully who regularly tortures the kids at Johnny's school, though Johnny is his favorite victim. He has a sensitive side and even keeps a rose garden. He has two cats: a white cat called "Cuddles" and an orange tomcat. He also has a lizard named Mr. Muncher and a bulldog. He has been in the "Truancy-Mobile" several times where his name was scrawled on the wall.
Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5
The Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5 is group of villains. Though they were defeated at the Earth Day carnival, they ended up helping Johnny X and Super Dukey save the Earth from Dark Vegan.
Among its members are:
- Whacko (voiced by Lee Tockar) - Whacko is a secondary antagonist and an archenemy of Johnny and Dukey. Despite being a toymaker, he cannot stand kids and makes destructive toys in order to get rid of them, which confuses many people about his logic and sanity. He is the leader of the Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5 when he later assembles Brain Freezer, Mr. Mittens, Albert, and Beekeeper into the group after he bailed the four out of prison.
- Brain Freezer (voiced by Louis Chirillo in Seasons 1-4, Bill Mondy in Late Season 4-Season 5) - Brain Freezer is the former coffee guy at Susan and Mary's school. He is a self-proclaimed genius, with his inventions typically involving both coffee and ice. He has a "Chillachino Machine" that can freeze anything including creating armor made of ice. Even though he is immune to the blasts from his freeze gun, his "Chillachino" will still freeze him solid if he drinks it. He often makes ice-related puns. In some episodes, Brain Freezer and Mr. Mittens team up to get revenge on Johnny together, but only participate in game events staged by Johnny. He was reformed and became handsome from one of Susan and Mary's inventions. He thanks Johnny for reforming him, but reverts to his old ways.
- Mr. Mittens (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) - Mr. Mittens is a secondary antagonist. He is the evil cat changed by the same genetic modifications as Dukey by Susan and Mary's classmate Tim Burnout. He once tried to turn the entire world into cats. Like Dukey, he is highly intelligent but lacks Dukey's fighting skills. He and Albert frequently team up with Brain Freezer for revenge on Johnny, but only participate in games that Johnny stages.
- Albert (voiced by Lee Tockar) - Albert is Mr. Mitten's butler. Albert isn't seen hating Johnny, but he was forced into the squad to take care of Mr. Mittens. He actually hates his job and considers quitting. He admits that he keeps the job because of the benefits. He's shown to be quite friendly and respectable to The Test Family.
- Zizrar (voiced by Scott McNeil) - Zizrar is the King of the Mole People who lives underground and often attempts to take over the world only to fail due to his intense aversion to light. He is the first villain Johnny ever fought, but does not make as many appearances as other villains. He later replaced Beekeeper on the Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5 after Beekeeper reformed. He is reformed after a plan to steal the Porkbelly Library and Johnny agrees to get him Library books.
Dark Vegan (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) is one of the main antagonists and is Johnny's arch-rival. He is the ruler of Vegandon, a seemingly utopian planet composed completely of vegans, which at first appear peaceful and well-meaning, but in reality, they go to other planets and steal their resources. He tries to do this to Earth twice. The second attempt pits him and his army against Johnny, Dukey, and the Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5. After his second attack, he and his family were left stranded on Earth much to the ire of Vegan, but to the pleasure of his family. Although Johnny eventually helps him to return to Vegandon, he returns again to Earth after discovering his planet was incapable of producing his new favorite food: toast. He has a mind-control power which works only on dumb people. He can levitate objects using the "Vegan Force". He is a spoof of both Darth Vader from the Star Wars franchise and Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.
The Tickler (voiced by Lee Tockar) is Wacko's twin brother. He has red hair and mechanical arms. Unlike his brother, he was more evil and serious and was able to weaken Johnny's chances of defeating him by kidnapping Susan and Mary and taking their weapons so Johnny and Dukey couldn't fight back. However, with Albert's help, he was defeated by the Test kids.
Blast Ketchup (voiced by Kathleen Barr) is the main (and later false) protagonist in the Tiny'Mon games and anime. Blast Ketchup dreams of becoming the World's Greatest Tiny'Mon Master. He always takes the first words of what people say, mistaking them as Tiny'Mon. Blast is a parody of Ash Ketchum from the anime Pokémon.
- Ed: Blast Ketchup's human companion, which is always encouraging and supporting him. He is similar to Max from Pokémon due to both being children characters that accompany the protagonist and don't often use their creatures.
- Kadoomerang: Blast Ketchup's Tiny'Mon. An anthropomorphic turtle.
- Baboomerang: Blast Ketchup's Tiny'Mon. The evolution of Kadoomerang. He appeared as an anthropomorphic baboon. He wore armor, a belt, and a diaper.
- Badias: Blast Ketchup's Tiny'Mon. Its name is a pun of the slang term "badass" and the "Pokémon" Latias.
Jack the Dog Catcher
Jack the Dog Catcher (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) is the local dog catcher who (unwittingly) antagonizes the Test kids and Dukey. He tries to capture Johnny when he is a dog, and the girls when they are lions. He later tries to capture Dukey.
The Lunch Lady