List of Justices of the Arizona Supreme Court
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Following is a list of Justices of the Arizona Supreme Court.
Current Justices 
The current Arizona Supreme Court includes:
- Chief Justice Rebecca White Berch
- Justice Michael D. Ryan
- Vice Chief Justice Andrew D. Hurwitz
- Justice W. Scott Bales
- Justice John Pelander (appointed by Governor Jan Brewer on July 28, 2009)
Membership History 
- Alfred Franklin served 6.5 years, replaced by John Wilson Ross on 11/13/18.
- John Wilson Ross served 8 weeks, replaced by Albert C. Baker on 1/6/19.
- Donald L. Cunningham served 9 years, replaced by Archibald G. McAlister on 1/4/21.
- Albert C. Baker served 2.5 years, replaced by Edward G. Flanigan on 9/28/21.
- Edward G. Flanigan served 1 year, replaced by Frank H. Lyman on 1/1/23.
- Frank H. Lyman served 2 years, replaced by Alfred C. Lockwood on 1/5/25.
- Alfred C. Lockwood served 18 years, replaced by Rawghlie Clement Stanford on 1/4/43.
- Archibald G. McAlister served 24 years, replaced by Arthur T. LaPrade on 1/1/45.
- Henry D. Ross served 33 years, replaced by Joseph H. Morgan on 2/13/45.
- Joseph H. Morgan served 2 years, replaced by Levi Stewart Udall on 1/6/47.
- Evo Anton DeConcini served 4 years, replaced by Dudley W. Windes on 1/13/53.
- Rawghlie Clement Stanford served 12 years, replaced by Fred C. Struckmeyer, Jr. on 1/3/55.
- Arthur T. LaPrade served 12.5 years, replaced by J. Mercer Johnson on 9/16/57.
- Dudley W. Windes served 6 years, replaced by Charles C. Bernstein on 1/5/59.
- Levi Stewart Udall served 13 years, replaced by Jesse Addison Udall on 6/15/60.
- J. Mercer Johnson served 3 years, replaced by Robert O. Lesher on 9/20/60.
- Robert O. Lesher served 2.5 months, replaced by Renz L. Jennings on 12/12/60.
- Marlin T. Phelps served 12 years, replaced by Lorna E. Lockwood on 1/1/61.
- Renz L. Jennings served 3.5 years, replaced by Edward W. Scruggs on 8/5/64.
- Edward W. Scruggs served 5 months, replaced by Ernest McFarland on 1/4/65.
- Charles C. Bernstein served 10 years, replaced by Jack D. H. Hays on 1/4/69.
- Ernest McFarland served 6 years, replaced by James Duke Cameron on 1/4/71.
- Jesse Addison Udall served 11.5 years, replaced by William A. Holohan on 1/17/72.
- Lorna E. Lockwood served 14 years, replaced by Frank X. Gordon, Jr. on 9/16/75.
- Fred C. Struckmeyer, Jr. served 27 years, replaced by Stanley G. Feldman on 1/19/82.
- Jack D. H. Hays served 18 years, replaced by James Moeller on 2/23/87.
- William A. Holohan served 17 years, replaced by Robert J. Corcoran on 1/5/89.
- Frank X. Gordon, Jr. served 16.5 years, replaced by Thomas A. Zlaket on 2/3/92.
- James Duke Cameron served 21 years, replaced by Frederick J. Martone on 2/28/92.
- Robert J. Corcoran served 7 years, replaced by Charles E. Jones on 4/26/96.
- James Moeller served 11 years, replaced by Ruth V. McGregor on 2/13/98.
- Frederick J. Martone served 10 years, replaced by Rebecca White Berch on 4/08/02.
- Thomas A. Zlaket served 10 years, replaced by Michael D. Ryan on 5/22/02.
- Stanley G. Feldman served 20 years, replaced by Andrew D. Hurwitz on 3/17/03.
- Charles E. Jones served 9 years, replaced by Scott Bales on 9/16/05.
- Ruth V. McGregor has been in office from 2/13/98 to present.
- Rebecca White Berch has been in office from 4/08/02 to present.
- Michael D. Ryan has been in office from 5/22/02 to present.
- Andrew D. Hurwitz has been in office from 3/17/03 to present.
- Scott Bales has been in office from 9/16/05 to present.
Chief Justices 
- Alfred Franklin - 01/1912 to 12/1914
- Henry D. Ross - 1/1915 to 12/1916
- Alfred Franklin - 01/1917 to 12/1917
- Donald L. Cunningham - 01/1918 to 12/1920
- Henry D. Ross - 1/1921 to 12/1922
- Archibald G. McAlister - 1/1923 to 12/1926
- Henry D. Ross - 1/1927 to 12/1928
- Alfred C. Lockwood - 1/1929 to 12/1930
- Archibald G. McAlister - 1/1931 to 12/1932
- Henry D. Ross - 1/1933 to 12/1934
- Alfred C. Lockwood - 1/1935 to 12/1936
- Archibald G. McAlister - 1/1937 to 12/1938
- Henry D. Ross - 1/1939 to 12/1940
- Alfred C. Lockwood - 1/1941 to 12/1942
- Archibald G. McAlister - 1/1943 to 12/1944
- Henry D. Ross - 1/1945 to 2/1945
- R.C. Stanford - 2/1945 to 12/1948
- Arthur T. LaPrade - 1/1949 to 12/1950
- Levi Stewart Udall - 1/1951 to 12/1952
- R.C. Stanford - 1/1953 to 12/1953
- Marlin T. Phelps - 1/1954 to 12/1954
- Arthur T. LaPrade - 1/1955 to 12/1956
- Levi Stewart Udall - 1/1957 to 12/1958
- Marlin T. Phelps - 1/1959 to 12/1959
- Fred C. Struckmeyer Jr. - 1/1960 to 12/1961
- Charles C. Bernstein - 1/1962 to 12/1963
- Jesse Addison Udall - 1/1964 to 12/1964
- Lorna E. Lockwood - 1/1965 to 12/1965 (First female chief justice in the United States)
- Fred C. Struckmeyer Jr. - 1/1966 to 12/1966
- Charles C. Bernstein - 1/1967 to 12/1967
- Ernest W. McFarland - 1/1968 to 12/1968
- Jesse Addison Udall - 1/1969 to 12/1969
- Lorna E. Lockwood - 1/1970 to 12/1970
- Fred C. Struckmeyer Jr. - 1/1971 to 12/1971
- Jack D.H. Hays - 1/1972 to 12/1974
- James Duke Cameron - 1/1975 to 12/1979
- Fred C. Struckmeyer Jr. - 1/1980 to 12/1981
- William A. Holohan - 1/1982 to 1/1987
- Frank X. Gordon Jr. - 1/1987 to 1/1992
- Stanley G. Feldman - 1/1992 to 1/1997
- Thomas A. Zlaket - 1/1997 to 1/2002
- Charles E. Jones - 1/2002 to 6/11/2005
- Ruth V. McGregor - 6/12/2005 to Present