List of kings of Urartu
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Kings of Urartu)
Early kings 
Rise to power 
- Sarduri I (also Sarduris I) 834 BC–828 BC; moved the capital to Tushpa, expanded the fortress of Van.
- Ishpuini the Establisher 828 BC–810 BC; expanded the empire and conquered Mushashir.
- Menua the Conqueror 810 BC–785 BC; greatly expanded the kingdom, organized the centralized administrative structure, fortified a number of cities and founded fortresses, developed a national canal and irrigation system.
- Argishti I (also Argishtish I) 785–763 BC; fortified the empire's frontier, founded Erebuni (modern-day Yerevan).
- Sarduri II 763 BC–735 BC; maximum expansion; zenith of Urartian power.
- Rusa I 735 BC–714 BC; Assyrian and Cimmerian attacks.
- Argishti II 714–680 BC
- Rusa II 680 BC–639 BC
- Sarduri III 639 BC–635 BC
- Erimena 635–629 BC
- Rusa III 629 BC–590 BC or 629 BC–615 BC
Defeat and destruction 
See also 
- Boris Piotrovskii, The Ancient Civilization of Urartu, London, 1969.
- Igor Diakonoff, The Pre-History of the Armenian People, Caravan Books, New York, 1988.
- M. Chahin, The Kingdom of Armenia, Curzon, London, 2001.