List of LDAP software
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Apache Directory Server/Studio - an LDAP browser and directory client for Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows, and as a plug-in for the Eclipse development environment.
- COGNITUM - a J2EE development platform that enables the rapid design and deployment of business applications and web services based on directories and relational databases.
- FusionDirectory, a web application under license GNU General Public License developed in PHP for managing LDAP directory and associated services.
- JXplorer - a Java-based browser that runs in any operating environment.
- JXWorkBench - a Java-based plugin to JXplorer that includes directory reporting using the JasperReports reporting engine.
- LDAP Account Manager - a PHP based webfrontend for managing various account types in an LDAP directory.
- phpLDAPadmin - a web-based LDAP administration tool for creating and editing LDAP entries in any LDAP server.
- SLAMD - an open source load generation software suite, for testing multiple application protocols, including LDAP. Also contains tools for creating test data and test scripts.
- RoundCube - an open source and free PHP IMAP client with support with LDAP based address books.
- Teleform - a document imaging tool with support for LDAP based authentication.
- Kofax Capture - a document imaging tool with support for LDAP based authentication.
- web2ldap - web-based LDAPv3 client which is fully schema-aware
- GOsa² - provides a powerful framework for managing accounts and systems in LDAP databases
- Evolution - the contacts part of GNOME's PIM can query LDAP servers.
- KAddressBook - the address book application for KDE, capable of querying LDAP servers.
- Ldapscripts - Shell scripts to manage POSIX accounts in an OpenLDAP directory
Mac OS X
- Address Book - an LDAP-aware address book application built into Mac OS X.
- Directory Utility - a utility for configuring access to several types of directory servers, including LDAP; built into Mac OS X.
- Workgroup Manager - a utility for configuring access to several types of directory servers, including LDAP; built into Mac OS X Server and one of Apple's Server Admin Tools.
- Active Directory Explorer - a free LDAP client tool from Microsoft
- LDAP Admin - a free, open source LDAP directory browser and editor
|Creator||Software license||Open source||Current stable version||Release date|
|389 Directory Server (formerly Fedora/Red Hat Directory Server)||||Multiple & Various, Bulk convered by GPL, with exception to allow linking to non-GPL||Yes||220.127.116.11|
|Apache Directory Server||Apache Software Foundation||Apache License 2.0||Yes||2.0.0|
|Apple Open Directory - A fork of the OpenLDAP project|||||||
|CA Directory||CA Technologies||Proprietary||No|
|Critical Path Directory Server||Critical Path||Proprietary||No||5.0|
|DirX Directory||Atos (ex-Siemens)|||||||
|FreeIPA||Red Hat (using 389 Directory Server)||GPL||Yes||3.1.2|
|IBM Tivoli Directory Server||IBM||Proprietary||No||6.2|
|Mandriva Directory Server, now part of Mandriva Management Console||Mandriva development team||||Yes||18.104.22.168|
|Nexor Directory|||||||
|Novell eDirectory||Novell||Proprietary||No||8.8 SP7|
|OpenDJ - A fork of the OpenDS project||ForgeRock||CDDL||Yes||2.6.0||2013-07-04|
|OpenDS||Sun Microsystems||CDDL||Yes||2.2 Update 1 (no longer maintained)||2010-10-05|
|OpenLDAP||Kurt Zeilenga and others (based on Slapd)||OpenLDAP public license||Yes||2.4.35||2013-03-31|
|Virtual Identity Server from Optimal IdM||Optimal IdM||Proprietary||No||3.3.4||2013-08-01|
|Oracle Unified Directory||Oracle, based on OpenDS||Proprietary, only as part of Oracle Application Server||No|
|Radiant Logic VDS|||||||
|Samba4 - Active Directory compatible Domain Controller||Samba Team||GPLv3||Yes|
|Slapd - Standalone LDAP Daemon||University of Michigan||||Yes||3.3 (superseded by OpenLDAP)||1996-08-30|
|Sun Java System Directory Server||Sun Microsystems||||Yes (only version 7 currently available from Oracle)||7 (no longer maintained)||2009-11-05|
|UnboundID Directory Server|||||||
|Univention Corporate Server (with OpenLDAP from Univention)|||||||
|ViewDS Directory Server - Cross-platform X.500/LDAP/XML directory server||ViewDS Identity Solutions||Proprietary||No||7.3||2013-04-01|
- Licenses here are a summary, and are not taken to be complete statements of the licenses. Some packages may use libraries under different licenses.
- 389 directory server license
- 389 directory server exceptoin
- UMich DirSvcs
- UnboundID Directory Server