List of LGBT and LGBT-friendly fraternities and sororities
|Part of a series on|
|By country or region|
|Political party affiliates|
|Military and veterans|
This is a list of LGBT and LGBT-friendly fraternities and sororities. Another type of LGBT-affirmative campus organization (beside Gay-Straight Alliances and LGBT student centers), LGBT fraternities and sororities have existed since the 1980s, with Delta Phi Upsilon being established in 1985 and Delta Lambda Phi being established in 1986. They're intended to provide members with access to Greek life without fear of homophobic reprisal or behavior by fellow members, resulting from a history of intrafraternal homophobia by longer-established organizations.
Organizations for women
- Alpha Lambda Zeta – fraternity for women who identify as aggressive lesbians
- Alpha Pi Delta Sorority, Inc – sorority for feminine lesbian women
- Gamma Rho Lambda — sorority for women, transmen and non-binary students of any race or sexual orientation
- Kappa Alpha Lambda – sorority for feminine lesbian women
- Omicron Epsilon Pi — sorority for lesbians, particularly of color
Organizations for men
NOTE - multiple national fraternities have specific provisions in their non-discrimination policies that are inclusive to gay men but are not exclusively marketed to members of the gay community. Examples of such fraternities include Alpha Sigma Phi, Beta Theta Pi, Delta Upsilon, Delta Chi, Theta Delta Chi, Lambda Chi Alpha, Pi Kappa Phi, Sigma Nu and Sigma Phi Epsilon.
- Delta Lambda Phi – fraternity for gay, bisexual, transgender and progressive men
- Sigma Phi Beta – fraternity for gay, straight, bisexual and transgender men which split off from Alpha Lambda Tau (now defunct)
Organizations for all genders
- Theta Pi Sigma - queer gender-neutral frarority at the University of California, Santa Cruz. The organization was forced to change their name from Delta Lambda Psi to Theta Pi Sigma due to a lawsuit with Delta Lambda Phi.
- "The History, The Mission". Alpha Lambda Zeta. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "About Gamma Rho Lambda". Gamma Rho Lambda. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Choron, Harry and Sandra (2004). College in a Can: What's In, Who's Out, Where To, Why Not, and Everything Else You Need to Know about Life on Campus. pp. 25–26. ISBN 0-618-40871-1.
- Choron, Harry and Sandra (2004). College in a Can: What's In, Who's Out, Where To, Why Not, and Everything Else You Need to Know about Life on Campus. p. 25. ISBN 0-618-40871-1.
- "About Delta Lambda Phi". Delta Lambda Phi. Retrieved 2009-07-29.[dead link]
- "Students launch co-ed LGBT fraternity interest group".