List of LPFM stations in New Zealand
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
A List of LPFM Stations that are low-power broadcasting in New Zealand.
- 1 North Island
- 2 South Island
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Transmitters sorted by location North to South.
- "Cool FM" on 88.2 in Dargaville. Broadcasting from the towns main centre.
- "TLC Radio" on 107.3 in Dargaville, plays mostly country music. NZ, Irish & more. Sonny's Live Show Fridays 10am-2pm for requests & dedications. www.thelittlecountryradio.co.nz LIVE Streaming
- "TLC Radio" on 88.0 in Te Kopuru, plays mostly country music. NZ, Irish & more. Sonny's Live Show Fridays 10am-2pm for requests & dedications. www.thelittlecountryradio.co.nz LIVE Streaming
- "Big River FM" on 88.2 in Ruawai.
- "Heads FM" on 88.1 and 106.4 in Mangawhai. Heads FM holds a community licence for 106.4.
- "Paihia FM" on 88.0, broadcasting to Paihia and Russel.
- "The Spirit" 88.1 fm, Waitakere City. The Spirit is an easy listening Christian alternative, the emphasis is on great music and a great Jesus. Program is 95% music with short 90sec programmes on creation, scripture, music and life and a half hour drama each Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. Sundays are all-day praise and worship. The Spirit fm has been running since 2004
- Static FM 88.1, Central Auckland. Run by Bachelor of Communication Studies students majoring in Radio at the Auckland University of Technology, commonly known as AUT.
- MashFM 106.8,(RDS) Auckland City. (Was XlinkFM).
- Base FM 107.3 (with RDS) from Ponsonby Rd (George FM building)
Community Radio, Browns Bay, broadcasting from 689 East Coast Road; hobby station, music programme, with announcements and a few ads on the hour.
- Boosh FM 87.7 Auckland CBD from the old Twisted studio on K rd.
- Radio Chomsky 107.1 broadcasting from Great North Road. Radio Chomsky was one of the first LPFM broadcasters.
- Twisted on 88.3fm, broadcasting from Fruitvale, West Auckland, and internationally on Ustream. Twisted has been on air, online and ad free for seven years, and is now run by Twisted DJs after a takeover in 2009. With music, comedy, science, tech & green news, the g33k show, and skeptical Sundays for atheists.
- BirkenHead FM 107.1 broadcasting from Birkenhead high point shopping centre. Has been causing concern to other lpfm operators since mid October in regards to its questionable transmission power, and lack of communication by the owner.
- The Flea 88.2 on 88.2 (with RDS) broadcasting with 0.3 watts from North Head, Devonport, widely heard because of superior aerial location. The Flea also streams live via The Flea website.
- The Flat FM on 87.9 from Birkenhead on the North Shore. Also broadcasts via internet stream. Not your basic top 40 station- The Flat strives to cover what other radio stations don't.
- Fleet FM on 88.3 from upper Symonds Street (with RDS). Also broadcasts in Wellington City via internet stream.
- KFM 106.9fm on Karangahape Road. Also repeats on 106.9fm from Redoubt Road, Manukau City via internet stream.
- UP FM on 107.5 from upper Symonds Street also 107.5 from Mount Hobson's southern face.
- TLC Radio in Otahuhu 107.7, Waitakere 107.5 (by call sign WCCR), Huntly 107.1, Stratford 107.7 and Napier 107.1, Wellington 88.4
- Mountainside FM on 88.3fm and 107.3fm in Panmure.
- Kool FM on 106.7 in Queen Street. One of two stations used by New Zealand Radio Training School students.
- Spider FM on 107.5fm in Avondale. Named after the famed Avondale Spider.
- GOfm 107dot1 on 107.1FM in Titirangi. Broadcasts from the historic Lopdell House. Operated on a not for profit basis by the Titirangi Community Radio Trust for the benefit of the local community. On-air since August 2004.
- Botany Radio, 107.1fm in Botany On air now!
- Howick Village Radio 88.1fm & 107.7fm in Howick The official Howick radio station.
- Bay Classics on 88.2fm in Browns Bay.
- Blockhouse Bay Radio 88.3 (since may07, was 107.7 til then) speeches and talks, music from 6pm to 9pm.
- Hope City FM (a.k.a. Hope City Radio) 87.8fm broadcasting a mix of new and old Christian music from Maioro Street in Avondale to New Windsor, Blockhouse Bay, Sandringham and Mount Roskill. Run by Counties Radio's Patrick Casey who also presents The Saturday Bonanza. Also broadcasts That Faithful Feeling each Friday with Britain's Steve Goble.
- College FM 107.6fm, Pakuranga. Run by students at Pakuranga College.
- Calvary Chapel Radio on 106.7fm in Glenfield, and Hillpark, Manurewa (Orams Road). Calvary Chapel Radio is available on the Sky Radio platform.
- 3ABN on 107.3fm from Halberg Street, Papakura. Simulcasting the Three Angels Broadcasting Network from the [http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/optus-b.htm Optus B3 satellite.
- Radio Austral on 107.3fm from Mangere East. NZ's only 24/7 Spanish broadcaster.
- Free FM on 88.2fm, Orewa. Best of the old, best of the new, Rock Hits.
- Piha Radio broadcasting to Piha on 87.7FM.
- Nostalgia Radio 107.7fm, West Auckland. Music from the 1930s to the 1960s. Run by Newstalk ZB's Jim Sutton
- Franklin FM on 107.0fm, Pukekohe
- 107WATFM on 107.3fm. Manukau City. Broadcasting as part of a Certificate in Radio at MSL Training Ltd, students are on air from 9am-3pm daily.
- SJAC on 106.7fm, Mangere Bridge. Christian music and community notices from St James Church, Mangere.
- Rhythm FM on 88.3fm. Broadcasts from Randwick Park School, Manurewa. Broadcasting since August 2006.
- unknown on 107.7fm. Ethnic format near Wattle Downs, Manurewa. Limited range toward Clendon shopping centre.
- Memories FM on 106.7fm. The music of yesterday and more broadcasting from Hillpark toward Manurewa and suburbs.
- Beacon FM on 107.1fm in Papatoetoe and 88.1fm St Heliers. Christian Country & Religious broadcasts.
- Radio Kowhai 107.3 FM Finnlayson Park School Manurewa. In English, Maori and Samoan. School community radio.
- Trend FM 107.7fm in West Auckland (Mt. Roskill, Lynnfield, Avondale, New Lynn, Green Bay, New Windsor & Kelston).
- Radio Manurewa 88.3fm in Manurewa (political talks) on air since 1. December 2007.
- Pirate FM 88.1 West Auckland's only rock station, Glendene
- Waiheke Radio 88.3 and 107.4, Waiheke Island.
- Splash FM 88.1 Onetangi Waiheke Island.
- West Coast Radio WCR 87.6 FM in West Auckland, plays most genres of music with News, Sport and Weather on the hour, Headlines and Weather on the half hour. Local and Council information/ad breaks every hour, broadcasting from the Elevation Cafe, Waiatarua.
- Peak FM 88.3 in West Auckland, plays a lot of Dub Step with short add breaks every hour. Broadcasting from Waitacks as of 18th Dec 2011. Tune in for the best bass out west. No longer broadcasting as of 23 May 2012
- unknown on 87.8 in Glen Eden as of 25th Oct 2010 emitting a carrier frequency only.
- 3ABN http://www.3abnaustralia.org.au - Radio Waitac 87.9 FM - Auckland, Massey West, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Peninsula, Henderson.This station retransmits the Optus D2 satellite signal. Religious Programming only. Transmitting since 27/10/2010. 70 Don Buck Road Massey. No Local Content.Causing Interference to, two established stations, should stop broadcasting immediately. They have now moved to 87.9 FM and Interference has stopped. Now interfering with stations on the North Shore on 87.9.
- Tourist FM on 88.2 broadcasting from Auckland central.
- BLENZ Community Radio 107.7 Stillwater's Community Radio Station, plays most genres with live DJ broadcasts on weekends, AutoDJ during the week. Tech Talk Radio and Marine News and Weather. Broadcasting since March 2011.
- Radio SUR 87.8 Has been causing a lot of problems for other broadcasters due to their over modulated signal and highly questionable transmission power.
- Unknown Techno Station 87.9 Broadcasting from 74A Bradbury Road, Botany Downs.
- Unknown Indian Station 87.6 Causing interference to several other established stations including stations in Waitakere, can be heard as far north as Albany 30 km away despite the presence of another station on same frequency. Broadcasting from 288 Point View Drive, Dannemora.
- Soul FM, 107.0 Tauranga / 88.4 Mount Maunganui. Easy listening World music.
- Valley FM 88.1, 88.1fm Tauranga. Popular music from the '50s to the '80s Specialist NZ content.
- HISfm, 88.1 Katikati. Community station playing great Christian music, all day, every day.
- Sub FM, 88.3 Tauranga / 107.7 Windermere. Student radio. Top 40, Urban hip-hop and R&B.
- LFM - Your Hit Music 88.2 Whitianga, 107.4 Hot Water Beach, Hahei. CHR / Top 40
- LFM - Your Hit Music 107.5 Taupo. CHR / Top 40
- The Highway, 107.4, Paeroa
- TLC Radio, 107.1 Huntly - broadcasting from the Huntly iSite at 160 Great South Road Huntly
- Cruise FM, 107.7 Tokoroa and Putaruru
- Rag-Fm, 107.7 Raglan Rock-n-Roll and Oldies
- Radio Tairua, 88.3FM Living The Dream Broadcasting since 2007 to Pauanui and Tairua
Napier, Hastings and Wairoa
- Magic FM Network, 88.1 Taradale http://www.magicfm.co.nz
- Instrumental FM, 107.3 Onekawa, Napier
- Greenmeadows FM, 88.3 Greenmeadows, Napier
- Soundwave FM, 87.8 & 107.7 Tamatea http://www.soundwavefm.co.nz
- Magic FM Network, 106.7 Onekawa, Napier http://www.magicfm.co.nz
- Music 106.9 FM Heard in Parts of Napier and Hastings District,Location Unknown.
- TLC Country, 107.1 Bluff Hill, Napier
- Radio Wairoa 88.5FM, 88.5 Wairoa http://www.wairoa.info/radio
- Three Angels Broadcasting Network, 107.5, Greenmeadows
- Three Angels Broadcasting Network, 107.3, Parkvale, Hastings
- Instrumental FM, 87.6 Bluff Hill, Napier (relay 107.3)
- Freely-Given FM, 88.3 Marton http://freely-given.org/FM
- The Wedge 88.1 FM, Newtown, weekday evenings
- Human FM, 88.1 stereo, eclectic music, poetry, Christian, broadcasting from Victoria University Anglican Chaplaincy (started May 2007)
- Tourist Information, 88.2, (near Duxton Hotel) plays an old tape loop with obsolete info
- The VBC 88.3FM Wellington's Student and Community Radio Station. Mono, 0.5 W output. Broadcasting in Central City Wellington from Kelburn and streaming at www.vbc.org.nz worldwide.
- Radio Melina 107.4 MHz FM, stereo 1W output, broadcasting from Seatoun, .
- MUNTfm, 88.5 stereo, broadcasting from old Museum, now Massey University, music mix incl. NZ music (monitored to have played Half a Bat Cat), http://www.muntfm.co.nz
- Kix FM 87.6 stereo, CBD, Capital Rock
- Mix FM 88.3 MHz mono, Wadestown and Ngaio, Adult contemporary music from the 70s to the 90s, with a fresh mix of today's hot pop/rock tracks.
- George FM, 106.7, stereo, lots of adverts, feeding audio and adverts from Auckland
- Groove FM, 106.8, mono, located at Trades Hall, used for uplink to 107.7 transmitter
- Calvary Chapel Radio, 106.9 stereo, near Newtown, Christian Radio http://www.calvarywellington.org
- Family Radio - Karori, 106.9 FM, Stereo, Bible centred and God glorifying broadcast. Bible readings, music, studies, and talkback discussion
- Radio Brooklyn, 106.9 mono, 0.5 Watts but superior location, opened 12. Feb 2008, plays copyright free speeches and university lectures, at 7pm relays Radio Netherlands Newsdesk and Democracy Now.
- Live Wire Radio - Wellington High School, 107.1, stereo,
- Critical Analysis Broadcasting 107.1 FM, broadcasting to Kilbirnie, Melrose and Miramar, was on 107.5 til march 08 Talks of left-green persuasion.
- only around Oriental Bay, 107.3, nice jazz, low power
- Kool FM, 107.3 stereo, adverts, NZ Radio School, Cuba Street
- Matrix 107.5 FM mono, music and educational material
- Radio Island Bay 107.5 FM mono, broadcasting from Island Bay
- Radio Karori, 107.5 mono, political talks
- Groove FM, 107.7, mono, some adverts, broadcasting from the CBD area
- TLC Radio TLC Radio Windy FM 88.4, country with special bluegrass hour each night 8-9pm, broadcasting for Wellington CBD, Mt Vic & inner hill suburbs
- Tawa College FM, 97.0, Tawa only, plays rock songs apart from 1:20 - 2:15 on weekdays when there is a talk show.
- The Sound FM,88.7, Plays all your hit music and your favorite jams from the 70s to today with shows that cater for everyone.
Upper Hutt, Lower Hutt and Petone
- The Cheese FM, 87.9, Stereo, Lower Hutt. Broadcasting to Central Lower Hutt and the CBD Area. Hits of the 80's 90s and Today!. Also available on TelstraClear Digital TV Channel 511
- Supernova, 107.0, mellower music mix + NZ
- Calvary Chapel Radio, 106.9, Christian Radio
- Boom FM, 88.7, Electronica interspersed with classics and kiwi sounds
- Robot FM, 107.5 mono, Lower Hutt, broadcasting political talks (started May 2006)
- andHow.FM, 107.5, Stereo, Porirua, Indie Rock
- Genesis FM, 88.1, mono, Porirua, Bible preachings
- World FM, 88.2, stereo, Tawa, World Music plus relays of WRN & Radio Six International
- S-FM, 88.3, stereo, Broadcasting from Pak'nSave, Porirua, Top 40, Urban
Transmitters sorted North to South.
- Calvary Chapel Radio of Nelson, 87.6 and 106.8 Nelson. Sponsored by Calvary Chapel of Nelson.
Picton, Blenheim and Kaikoura Coast
- UGM, 107.7 Blenheim. Alternative Radio.
- UGM, 106.8 Golden Bay. Alternative Radio.
- Alpine FM, 88.8 Hanmer Springs
- Power Hit Radio, 87.8 St Albans / Mairehau, Christchurch
- Christchurch One Eyed FM
- The Wave, 88.3 Sumner, Christchurch
- Beep FM, 106.8 Christchurch
- Bay Radio, 107.3 Akaroa
- VFM 107.3, 107.3 Aoraki Polytechnic, CBD Christchurch
- Redwood Radio, 107.5 Christchurch
- JUST FM, 107.7 Kaiapoi
- Volcano Radio, Lyttelton 88.5FM
- Radio La Famia, 87.9 Wigram / Hornby
Rolleston & Lincoln
- Thunder FM,107.0 Rolleston / Lincoln, Christchurch - Modern rock and top 40 hits.
- Rollywood FM, 88.0 Rolleston, Christchurch - Run by Rolleston Youth Action Group.
Timaru & Oamaru
- Hospital FM, 88.4, Timaru
- Just Country FM, 87.7, Timaru
- Just Country FM, 106.7, Timaru
- Hospital FM, 107.5, Timaru
- Waimate FM, 88.1, Waimate
- Heritage Radio, 88.3, Oamaru
- RockaBilly Radio, 88.4, South Oamaru
- Just Country FM, 88.7, Oamaru
- Heritage Radio, 107.0, Oamaru
- Country Radio 87.7, South Dunedin, Dunedin
- Radio Sustainable, 87.9, Dunedin
- Classic Gold FM, 88.2, Mosgiel
- Critical Analysis Broadcasting, 88.3, North Dunedin
- Southern Star 107.0, Mosgiel
- Loco FM, 107.0, CBD, Dunedin
- Total FM, 107.3, Dunedin
- Rock It 107.5 FM 107.5, South Dunedin & Port Chalmers
- George FM 107.7, CDB, Dunedin
- Puketapu Radio, 88.7 (Stereo version of high-power 756 AM signal)
Ranfurly, Central Otago
- Puketapu Radio, 88.7 (Stereo version of high-power 756 AM signal)
- Cromwell 107 FM, 107.0, Cromwell, Stereo
- Classic Gold, 107.7, Cromwell, Mono, broadcast from Alexandra
- PURE ROCK FM, 88.1, Cromwell, Stereo, Rock, no talk, ads, +/-250 Hz stability.
- Country Radio 88.7, Cromwell
- Radio Clutha, 88.4, Balclutha, (Owned by Hokonui Gold in Gore, leased by The Radio Network which in turn is owned by Clear Channel http://www.clearchannel.com/IntRadio/New_Zealand.aspx). Being a commercial station also operates high power on 91.3 covering South Otago.
- Three Angels Broadcasting Network 106.7 FM, North Invercargill
- Unknown, 107.1FM, Broadcasting From Waihopai School
- Classic Gold, 107.3 FM, east Invercargill
- The Pit Speedway FM 107.7 FM, South Invercargill
- FM repeaters and frequency Regularly announced on Puketapu Radio
- yellow pages listings