List of Lake Tahoe inflow streams
Lake Tahoe inflow streams contribute 310,000 acre feet (0.38 km3) of the 530,000 acre feet (0.65 km3) of water that flows through Lake Tahoe every year. The list, below, groups rivers and creeks that flow into the lake by their locations on the north, east, south and west shores, and lists them in a clock-wise order. Sub-tributaries are listed under the tributaries they feed, sorted by the elevation of the confluence so that tributaries entering nearest Lake Tahoe appear first.
|Name of stream||Washo name||Course||Average flow|
|Griff Creek||flows from Martis Peak to Kings Beach|
|Incline Creek||maʔgóyola||flows through Diamond Peak Ski Resort to Crystal Bay, Lake Tahoe at Incline Village||4,740 acre-feet per year (0.19 m3/s)|
|Third Creek||5,630 acre-feet per year (0.22 m3/s)|
|Glenbrook Creek||dawmalá:dɨp||890 acre-feet per year (0.03 m3/s)|
|Logan House Creek||300 acre-feet per year (0.01 m3/s)|
|Edgewood Creek||ʔlá:m wát'a||2,300 acre-feet per year (0.09 m3/s)|
|Marlette Creek||pagác'ima||heads on Marlette Lake and runs west to Lake Tahoe||1,740 acre-feet per year (0.07 m3/s)|
|Trout Creek||originates south of Freel Peak in the Carson Range to South Lake Tahoe||25,770 acre-feet per year (1.01 m3/s)|
|Upper Truckee River||flows from Red Lake Peak to South Lake Tahoe||71,311 acre-feet per year (2.79 m3/s)|
|Taylor Creek||dawgašašíwa||heads in Fallen Leaf Lake and enters lake west of Camp Richardson||30,910 acre-feet per year (1.21 m3/s)|
|Tallac Creek||debelelélek||starts on Mount Tallac and flows north to Lake Tahoe|
|Cascade Creek[disambiguation needed]||head waters start at near Kalmia Lake and flows into Cascade Lake then into Lake Tahoe|
|Eagle Creek||head waters start at Dicks Peak and flows down Eagle Canyon into Emerald Bay and Lake Tahoe|
|Rubicon Creek||head waters start at Rubicon Peak to the North and Jakes Peak to the South, and flows into Lake Tahoe near D.L. Bliss State Park|
|General Creek||dukMéʔem||head waters start at Peak 8721 and flow into Lake Tahoe||11,800 acre-feet per year (0.46 m3/s)|
|Meeks Creek||head waters start at Rubicon Lake and flows to D.L. Bliss State Park|
|Quail Creek||head waters start at Quail Lake and flows into Lake Tahoe|
|Homewood Creek||head waters start at Peak 8416 and flows into Lake Tahoe|
|Madden Creek||head waters start at Ellis Peak and flows into Lake Tahoe|
|Blackwood Creek||dogásliʔ||head waters start at Peak 8652 and flow down into Lake Tahoe||26,280 acre-feet per year (1.03 m3/s)|
|Ward Creek||dagásliʔ||head waters start at Peak 8521 and flow down Ward canyon into Lake Tahoe||18,390 acre-feet per year (0.72 m3/s)|
- "Truckee River Chronology". State of Nevada, Division of Water Resources. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "The Washo Project Online Dictionary". Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Griff Creek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Marlette Creek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Trout Creek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Upper Truckee River". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Taylor Creek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Tallac Creek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.