List of METRORail stations
METRORail is a light rail transit system serving Houston, Texas. The system is operated by the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas, also known as METRO. Serving 39,300 passengers a day, METRORail is one of the largest light rail systems in the United States in terms of ridership.
METRORail began operations on January 1, 2004. The system currently has 24 stations, all of which are served by the Red Line. 16 of the stations were part of the original system, and 8 more stations were added in December 2013 as part of the North/Red Line Extension. All 24 stations are within Houston, Harris County, Texas. A 17th station, tentatively named Central Station, is to be added upon completion of the construction of the Southeast/Purple Line and East End/Green Line.
Initial stretch of Red Line
- Main Street Square
- Downtown Transit Center
- Museum District
- Hermann Park/Rice U
- Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo
- TMC Transit Center
- Smith Lands
- Reliant Park
- Fannin South
North/Red Line Extension
- Burnett Transit Center/Casa de Amigos
- Quitman/Near Northside
- Fulton/North Central
- Moody Park
- Lindale Park
- Melbourne/North Lindale
- Northline Transit Center Station/HCC
- "About Us - METRO Facts". Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- American Public Transportation Association, Light Rail Transit Ridership Report, Fourth Quarter 2008.
- "MAIN STREET LIGHT RAIL / New ride for the new year / Festivals mark inaugural day for Metro train." Houston Chronicle. January 1, 2004.