List of Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic characters
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
This is a list of characters for the manga Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic written and illustrated by Shinobu Ohtaka, and its sidestory Adventure of Sinbad, also written by Ohtaka, but with drawings by Yoshifumi Ohtera. Both stories borrow elements and character names from the One Thousand and One Nights, and the main story is being adapted into an anime series, whose first season aired from October 2012 to March 2013 and a follow-up is scheduled to Fall 2013.
- Aladdin (アラジン Arajin )
- Voiced by: Kaori Ishihara (Japanese), Erica Mendez (English)
- A mysterious young boy with a huge djinn within his flute, he travels in search of metal vessels that contain other djinns. He has a pure and innocent, yet wise personality that dislikes fighting. Although he looks like a child, he loves to bury his face on the breasts of the beautiful ladies he meets, the larger the better. Known as a 'Magi', able to gather the Magoi of Rukh to power his magic, Aladdin is considered special among other Magi as despite in all history there were only three living Magi at the same time, for the first time a fourth Magi (him) appears while the other three are still alive. He also has the ability to materialize the djinn 'Ugo' that lies within his flute. In addition, he has a magical turban that when unwrapped, acts as a magic carpet. He makes his first human friend upon meeting Alibaba, whom he chooses as his king candidate not to become the ruler of a single nation, but to help him inspire others with his kindness and leadership. Later he is blessed with the Wisdom of Solomon (ソロモンの知恵 Soromon no Chie ), that allows him to contact the souls of the dead that lie within the guidance of Rukh. Having no memories of his origins, he does not know much about his identity and the world. After helping Alibaba in Balbadd, he sets with him and Morgiana to the Sindria Kingdom where he learns more about magic with the court magician and general Yamraiha, before leaving to further study at Magnostadt's magic academy, disguised as a normal magician, while taking the opportunity to investigate its connection with Al-Thamen. When Magnostadt is invaded by the Reim Empire, Aladdin joins the fight to put an end on the conflict, making use of his newfound experience combined with his abilitites as a Magi to repel the invaders while protecting both friend and foe from harm. Once reunited with Alibaba, Aladdin finally reveals his true mission to prevent Al-Thamen from recreating the same tragic event that culminated with the destruction of Alma-Torran, mankind's original world and whose survivors were transferred to the current world by Solomon.
- Ugo (ウーゴ Ūgo )
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese), Patrick Seitz (English)
- A djinn that is the keeper of the Sacred Temple and despite not being contracted with Aladdin, it can be summoned by his flute. Although he has a huge body, his head is in a different space. Hence, his head does not come out from the flute. Although it is unclear of what his powers are, he specializes in hand-in-hand combat when he is materialized. He also uses heat magic in both of his hands to deliver a deadly blow when faced with a formidable enemy. He has an extremely shy personality, causing him to blush profusely whenever a girl touches him. In order to overcome this weakness, he becomes used to being touched by Morgiana. Ugo's body is ultimately destroyed while fighting Kougyoku, with his living head still residing at the sacred temple. Later he summons Aladdin's spirit to the Sacred Temple to entrust him with the "Wisdom of Solomon" before bidding farewell to him.
- Alibaba Saluja (アリババ・サルージャ Aribaba Sarūja )
- Voiced by: Yūki Kaji (Japanese), Erik Kimerer (English)
- Although he was originally from the slums, after his mother died, he was taken in by his father, Balbadd's King, as the third prince. Wherever possible, he began to study languages, economics, fencing, and more in order to learn how to become a good ruler. Hence, his forte was in Balbadd's Royal Fencing. However, his bed-ridden father died after an incident involving him and his childhood friend Cassim. Feeling as responsible for it, he left Balbadd. Upon meeting Aladdin in the city of Qishan, he captures the 7th Dungeon "Amon" with his help. With the treasures acquired from it, he became the lord of Qishan and frees all of the slaves including Morgiana before returning to Balbadd, where he joins the Fog Troupe, a band of Robin Hood-esque thieves armed with magic tools started by Cassim, as "The Wonder Man Alibaba" in order to stop the tyrannical rule of his older brother, King Abhmad. With help from Aladdin and his frends, Alibaba finds a pacifistic solution by having the monarchy dissolved and making the country into a republic, despite losing its sovereignty to the Kou Empire. Since then he trains swordsmanship with Sinbad's general Sharrkan before setting to the Reim Empire's colosseum to learn to control better his Magoi with the Yambala Gladiators and unlock the full power of Amon. Upon arriving there, Alibaba learns that the Magoi in his body is in disarray because of Cassim's Magoi that somehow got inside him, interfering with his own Magoi, allowing him to upgrade his powers when he properly fuses the two Magoi into one single entity. Alibaba's training helped him to complete his Djinn equip and perfect his skills to the point of fighting on par with Mu Alexius, who is considered the greatest warrior in Reim. Upon learning about the impending war on Magnostadt, Alibaba decides to reunite with Aladdin, who is studying there, appearing in the nick of time to stop Mu from destroying the entire city with his Djinn, and later, assists Kouha Ren and his army against Mogamett's Dark Djinns. Once the Black Rukh medium is unleashed, Alibaba joins the other Dungeon Capturers from Kou and Reim, along Sinbad and his fellow allies to fight it. After returning to Sindria, Alibaba is summoned by Kouen Ren to meet him and Aladdin in Balbadd, but doubting of his intentions, he decides to depart there by himself, accompanied by Morgiana and some other friends against his will. In the occasion, his friends Olba and Toto also become members of his household.
- Voiced by: Hidekatsu Shibata (Japanese), Simon Prescott (English)
- A djinn of dignity and etiquette, appearing in the form of a muscular, bearded old man with an intimidating air with fire elemental powers. Originally contained in Alibaba's training sword, after its destruction he is transferred to a royal sword which was originally a present from his father to Sinbad. It empowers a household vessel used by Morgiana, that must be used only in emergencies, as for being a Fanalis, her body possess little Magoi to spend, possibly because most of it is used to sustain her strong body. Toto and Olba later have their weapons turned into household vessels as well when they decide to support Alibaba as well.
- Morgiana (モルジアナ Morujiana )
- Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu (Japanese), Cristina Vee (English)
- Descendent of the hunting tribe 'Fanalis', a red-haired girl who became emotionless and unfriendly due to her life as a slave, eventually opening herself to others after obtaining freedom. Although she looks like a normal girl, as a Fanalian she possesses a superhuman strength, speed and senses, able to carry several people at the same time, jump dozens of times her height and defeat opponents far larger than her with powerful kicks. Originally grateful to them for freeing her, Morgiana develops a deep friendship with Aladdin and Alibaba, desiring to protect them from harm with her massive strength, thus training combat with Sinbad's general and fellow Fanalian Masrur. Later she obtains the household item "Amol Selseira", a magical pair of bracers infused with Amon's power created from the same legcuffs she used during her times of slavery, which can extend its chains to increase her reach. She also appears to have a crush on Alibaba, usually getting angry when she feels neglected by him. When Aladdin and Alibaba decide to take separate ways to improve themselves, Morgiana departs to Dark Continent to meet the people of her homeland. Thanks to Yunan's advice, she learns to control her vessel more effectively and later returns to her friends side to help them in Magnostadt. Once Alibaba is summoned to meet Kouen in Balbadd, she accompanies him there despite his will to go alone.
Alliance of Seven Seas
Several small nations united by a couple of multilateral treaties including a mutual protection agreement. After the battle of Magnostadt, the Alliance joins forces with the Reim Empire.
Sindria Kingdom (シンドリア王国 Shindoria Ōkoku ) is an island country of the southern seas. Its realms lie in the area named 'uncivilized' of the extreme southern zones. These islands far off in the ocean were isolated until king Sinbad developed it. The 'city of dreams' being known widely around the world as finishing touches to the ‘legend of the dungeon capturer' attracts many visitors. Having unseen sights in the northern continents such as unusual topography, and climates, and people are living with animals and plants. This country became prosperous through trades and tourism.
- He is the King of Sindria and the leader of the Alliance of the Seven Seas. Originally born in the Parthevia Empire, Sinbad was 14 years old when he first captured a dungeon, the first dungeon 'Baal'. Since then, he had sailed the seven seas and captured seven dungeons, being known as the 'Legendary Dungeon Capturer' and the master of seven djinn. At least one of the djinn he obtained came from a dungeon created by Judar and conquered without his permission, as part of his intention to stop Al-Thamen's plans. Having so many djinns under his control have him and his retainers forbidden from entering in any other dungeon by the other djinn. He met Aladdin and his friends when he was in Balbadd, trying to reopen trade. After helping them save the country, he takes the three to Sindria under his protection. Trained in Magoi manipulation by the Yambala Gladiators, later it is revealed that by some reason, half of his body has already fallen into depravity but somehow he does not bear the symptoms of one with such condition. His household is composed of eight powerful warriors from several countries known as the "Eight Generals of Sindria".
- A djinn of wrath and heroes, Baal is the first djinn captured by Sinbad. With the power to control lightning, it is contained within a small sword which belonged to his father and also empowers Ja'far and Masrur's household vessels.
- A djinn of rule and submission. With the power to invoke tornadoes, it is contained within a silver bracelet he wears in Sinbad's right wrist and also empowers Sharrkan's household vessel
- When fully equipped, this djinn gives Sinbad a diminute, imp-like appearance, whose huge shout can force everyone who hears under his control. It is contained within his ring and also empowers Pisti's household vessel.
- According to the Magi official guidebook, his other Djinn are called Valefor, Furfur, Vepar and Crocell.
Eight Generals of Sindria
- A Fanalis like Morgiana who becomes her trainer in hand to hand combat. He does not speak a lot usually and is seen as emotionless and unfriendly. His senior, Sharrkan often picks fight with him. However, he only listens to what Sinbad says. Although he is given a private room, he is often seen outside. He uses the weapon household's vessel 'Valalark Kauza'.
- Formerly an assassin sent to kill Sinbad, his loyalty towards him is so high that he will approach with a murderous intent to anyone who insults him. However, when Sinbad always does things as he pleases, it will cause him endless worry, and he sometimes will feel faint. He usually only wears official clothing as he only has one set of normal clothing he received from Sinbad when he was 14, that became too small so he could not wear it anymore. He uses the weapon household's vessel 'Valalark Sei'.
- Yamraiha (ヤムライハ Yamuraiha )
- Voiced by: Yui Horie
- A sorceress from Magnostadt specialized in water magic. She takes Aladdin as her apprentice by Sinbad's request. Because of her fondness and pride for magic, she often gets into fights with Sharrkan, who takes more pride on his swordsmanship. Because she will become so nervous that she will only talk about topics regarding magic with the person she is interested in, Pisti suggested her to 'just date a guy who can use magic'. Yamraiha is the adopted daughter of Matal Mogamett, who leaves his side upon disagreeing with his methods. She eventually reconciles with her foster father just before he dies thanks to Aladdin's help. Unlike the other generals, she does not use a household vessel as its powers usually interfere with her magic.
- Sharrkan (シャルルカン Sharurukan )
- Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo
- Hailing from Heliohapt's royal family, Sharrkan is the best swordsman of the group, becoming Alibaba's teacher upon Sinbad's request. His optimistic personality changes into a violent personality during sword practice. Because of his extreme fondness for fencing, he often gets into fights with Yamuraiha who claims that magic is far more useful.
- Drakon (ドラコーン Dorakōn )
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita
- Originally known as Dragul Nor Henrius Govius Menudias Partenuvonomias Dumid Os Kartanon (ドラグル・ノル・ヘンリウス・ゴビアス・メスデイアス・パルテボノミアス・ドゥミド・オウス・コルタノーン Doraguru Noru Henriusu Gobiasu Mesudeiasu Parutesubonomiasu Dumido Ōsu Korutanōn ), he was nicknamed Drakon by Sinbad. He is a former general and noble of the Parthevia Empire and was the first of the generals who met him, as he was drafting him to join his expedition to conquer Baal. Later he turns into a dragon-like creature after suffering a process called "Assimilation", that allows a Household Member to bring out the full power of his vessel, but losing his humanity in the process.
- Pisti (ピスティ Pisuti )
- Voiced by: Rumi Ōkubo
- The youngest daughter of the queen of Artemyra. Despite being 18 years old, she looks much younger, thus she is too concerned with her child-like body. Her only female friend is Yamraiha. Although she is good at pretending to cry, she says it no longer works on Ja'far. Her special skills include communicating with, and charming animals through the use of her music.
- Spartos (スパルトス Suparutosu )
- Voiced by: Wataru Hatano
- Originally from Sasan, little is known about him. He fights using a lance.
- Hinahoho (ヒナホホ)
- Voiced by: Keiji Fujiwara
- He is one of the Imuchak Warriors of the Extreme North's Unexplored Region and has a son. When he first meets Sinbad, he still had not a name as he was struggling to complete his ceremony of age.
- Sphintus Carmen (スフィントス・カーメン Sufintosu Kāmen )
- Voiced by: Ryota Ohsaka
- Sphintus is a student at the Magnostadt Academy and Aladdin's roommate. He is originally from Heliohapt, and a member of its Royal Family, like Sharrkan. He specializes in Healing Magic.
- Armakan Amun-Ra
- King of Heliohapt and Sharrkan's older brother, he owns the Djinn Vassago.
- Mira Dianus Artemina
- Queen of Artemyra and Pisti's mother, she owns the Djinn Cerberus.
- Darius Leoxses
- The Knight King of Sasan, he owns the Djinn Alloces.
- The Imuchak Warriors' Clan Chief, he owns the Djinn Forneus.
- Hinahoho's little sister. She and her brother first meet Sinbad when they are struggling to complete his ceremony of age.
The Kou Empire (煌帝国 Kō Teikoku ) was originally a small, fragmented country in the Far East that grew to the central plains into a powerful nation which intends to conquer the entire world. They send dungeon capturers to the countries in the outskirts to invade them and now it even have dungeon monsters in its army. Its history, culture, and architecture resembles those of early Imperial China.
- Hakuryuu Ren (練 白龍 Ren Hakuryū )
- Voiced by: Kenshō Ono (Japanese), Darrel Guilbeau (English)
- The fourth prince in the Kou Empire, distinguished by what appears to be a large burn scar on his left eye, inflicted on him during the fire that claimed the life of all his family except for his mother and Hakuei. He harbors a deep hatred upon his mother who plotted the death of his father, the late emperor, and joined his uncle to usurp the throne. Taught to be reliable and independent by his sister, Hakuryuu is a good cook. He became friends with Aladdin's group when they were Sinbad's guests in Sindria, conquering a dungeon with them and obtaining his own djinn equipment but losing his left hand in the process. While in the manga Hakuryuu loses his hand upon having it corrupted upon being biten by Ithnan's snake form, in the anime his hand is severed by Isaac while protecting Alibaba from him. Hakuryuu eventually falls in love with Morgiana, and promises to later return to her as man worthy of asking her hand in marriage. Upon returning to the Empire, Hakuryuu confronts his mother and Judar for their connections with Al-Thamen and is not seen anymore until he reappears along Judar in Magnostadt, watching the battle form afar, implying that he had joined forces with him and claiming that the path he has chosen deviates from the one chosen by his friends.
- Hakuei Ren (練 白瑛 Ren Hakuei )
- Voiced by: Nana Mizuki (Japanese), Trinity Lee (English)
- Hakuryuu's elder sister, she is the first princess of the Kou Empire's the general of the western army, but is not seen as reliable by a part of them because of her pacifist personality. She is also troubled because of her position as a general and the fact that she wants to settle things peacefully. On the other hand, as she is a dungeon capturer, she is courageous and has a high fighting strength and a strong will. Acting as Hakuryuu's surrogate mother, Hakuei taught him to be independent and reliable, to the point of having him learning to do his own cooking and house chores.
- Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara (Japanese), Karen Strassman (English)
- A djinn of fertility and chaos. With the power to control wind, she is contained within Hakuei's Flabellum. It also empowers the household vessels of Seishun Ri and a hundred of her cavalry vassals of the Kouga Clan, which she convinced to pacifically accept annexation by the Kou Empire with Aladdin's help.
- Kougyoku Ren (練 紅玉 Ren Kōgyoku )
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa (Japanese), Kira Buckland (English)
- Kou Empire's eighth Princess. She falls in love with Sinbad at first sight. First appeared as antagonist but later on soften up to Alibaba during her stay in Sindria, who becomes her first friend. Despite promising Sinbad that she will not use her power against Sindria, Kougyoku fears that she will not be able to stop her siblings from invading it.
- A djinn of sorrow and isolation. With the power to control water, it is contained within Kougyoku's hair ornament and empowers Koubun Ka's household vessel.
- Kouen Ren (練 紅炎 Ren Kōen )
- Voiced by: Yuichi Nakamura
- The Kou Empire's first Prince and its strongest general. Kouen is the only Dungeon Capturer beside Sinbad who conquered more than one Dungeon, having three Djinn under his command. Kouen has a desire to bring peace to the world by uniting it under his rule and wants his siblings to help him but doesn't wish to force them to. His household is composed of four powerful Dungeon monsters that act as his commanders. Later he reveals to Aladdin that his true intention is to unveil the secrets of the world and his efforts to conquer it are only a mean to achieve that.
- A Djinn of terror and meditation. Just like Amon, it is capable of powerful fire magic. Its extreme magic creates flames that can keep burning the enemy long after ignited. It empowers Seishuu Ri's household vessel.
- Kouen's Djinn capable of healing magic. It is contained within his sword and empowers Kin Gaku's household vessel.
- Kouen's Djinn who empowers Kokuton Shu's household vessel.
- Koumei Ren (練 紅明 Ren Kōmei )
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- The Kou Empire's second Prince and one of the three Generals.
- Kouha Ren (練 紅覇 Ren Kōha )
- Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara
- The Kou Empire's third Prince, he's a General and Dungeon Capturer like his older brothers. With an androgynous appearance, he has a vicious and sadistic demeanor in battle, slaughtering his enemies without mercy. Aladdin meets him first during his travel to Magnostadt as the prince is sent as an envoy to convince Mogamett to surrender the country to the Empire. His household is composed of outcasts from society, like people disfigured by failed experiments, members from disgraced clans and former criminals. His lack of prejudice toward those who would never be accepted by anyone else, even at the cost of being scorned by most of the royal court earned him the unyelding respect and devotion from his followers, including his Djinn. Following Reim's failed invasion of Magnostadt, Kouha takes the opportunity to occupy the city while their forces are still recovering, just to be repelled by Mogamett's Dark Djinns and saved in the nick of time by Alibaba and later assisted by his brother Kouen.
- Kouha's Djinn whose dungeon was conquered with Kouen's help. With a flamboyant attitude, she is contained within his large sword, which becomes a scythe when fully equipped. Its extreme magic, "Lelazzo Magraga" can crush enemies flat in a huge area.
- Hakutoku Ren (練 白徳 Ren Hakutoku )
- The first Emperor and founder of the Kou Empire who united smaller warring states into a single nation. He is the father of Hakuei and Hakuryuu and two other sons who died in a fire with him on strange circumstances. According to Hakuryuu, his death was orchestrated by his wife, Gyokuen with help of Al-Thamen.
- Koutoku Ren (練 紅徳 Ren Kōtoku )
- The second emperor of the Kou Empire who assumed the throne after the death of his brother Hakutoku and married his wife, Gyokuen. He is the father of Kouen, Koumei, Kouha and Kougyoku. Officially he nominated his wife to suceed him at his deathbed, a move seen as suspicious by part of the Royal court.
- Seishun Ri (李 青舜 Ri Seishun )
- Voiced by: Asami Seto
- He is an old acquaintance and assistant of Hakuei, who had captured a dungeon with her. He his household's vessel is 'Double Moon Swords'. He gets along well with Hakuryuu and does martial arts training together with him. He is annoyed that Hakuryuu grew taller than him.
- Koubun Ka (夏 黄文 Ka Kōbun )
- Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura (Japanese), Vic Mignogna (English)
- Assistant of Kougyoku, he has grown up with her since she was young. He is a cunning individual who planned on take control of Balbadd by manipulating the heir to the throne that would be born from the princess' marriage with King Abhmad, but with the compromise cancelled, he later plans to create a scandal involving Kougyoku and Sinbad to force their marriage, but his schemes are foiled when Yamraiha proves Sinbad's innocence. Despite that, he is forgiven by Kougyoku and allowed to remain in her household. His household vessel allows him to heal others with water magic.
A coastal nation set close to the Kou Empire, the Reim Empire and the Sindria Kingdom. Its strategic position and culture share many similarities with its real world counterpart, the Ancient Middle-East. A monarchy ruled Balbadd for 23 generations before being dissolved and annexed to the Kou Empire.
- Rashid Saluja (ラシッド・サルージャ Rashiddo Sarūja )
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Tsuchida
- Alibaba's father and the 22nd king of Balbadd who died soon after appointing Alibaba as his successor.
- Ahbmad Saluja (アブマド・サルージャ Abumado Sarūja )
- Voiced by: Kouki Miyata (Japanese), Sam Riegel (English)
- The 23rd king of Balbadd and Alibaba's brother. He thinks of most of his citizens as trash. Easily manipulated by the Ko Empire, he ends up having Balbadd heavily indebted with the Empire and in a last effort to save the country's economy, he decides to establish a slave market in Balbadd, selling the people of the slums as merchandise to other countries. After the monarchy is dissolved, both Abhmad and his brother Sahbmad are given asylum in an island near Sindria by Sinbad's request.
- Sahbmad Saluja (サブマド･サルージャ Sabumado Sarūja )
- Voiced by: Hirofumi Nojima (Japanese), Tony Oliver (English)
- Alibaba's other brother and the viceroy of Balbadd. Upon learning of his brother's plan to sell the people as slaves, Sahbmad takes a stand and joins Alibaba's effort to stop him.
- Anise Saluja (アニス・サルージャ Anisu Sarūja )
- Alibaba's mother. Before she became a harlot, Anise was a maid for Balbadd Palace, which is where she met and conceived Alibaba with Rashid Saluja, Balbadd's former King. She adopts Cassim and his sister after the death of their father and upon her death, Alibaba is taken back to the palace by his father.
- Kassim (カシム Kashimu )
- Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama (Japanese), Sean Chiplock (English)
- The de facto leader of the Fog Troupe (霧の団 Kiri no Dan ) who introduces Alibaba as a figurehead leader to gather support from the people due to his royal lineage. He uses the magical weapon 'Sword of the Black Binding Fog'. He had lived with Alibaba in the slum streets like brothers when he was younger and was adopted along his sister (who died by disease years later) by Alibaba's mother upon the death of his parents. Later it is revealed that Cassim in fact killed his father to protect his sister, cursing himself for being the son of the man he despised the most. When Alibaba comes with a peaceful solution for the conflict in Balbadd, he does not agree with the idea and incites a rebellion in the country instead. By using a black metal vessel, Cassim transforms himself in a dark djinn that is only stopped when Aladdin uses Solomon's Wisdom to have Cassim and Alibaba communicating and reconciling in spirit. However, the transformation culminates with Cassim's death and his Magoi ends up transferred to Alibaba's body.
- Zaynab (ザイナブ Zainabu )
- Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe
- Cadre of the 'Fog Troupe'. She uses the magical weapon 'Sword of the Scarlet Delusional Fog'. Later she marries Hassan and have a children from him.
- Hassan (ハッサン Hassan )
- Voiced by: Teruyuki Tanzawa (Japanese), Patrick Seitz (English)
- Cadre of the 'Fog Troupe'. He wears a patch over his left eye. He uses the weapon 'Sword of the Yellow Corrosive Fog'. Later he becomes Zanyab's husband.
Having many similarities with the historical Roman Empire and extending for most of the western territory, it is one of the two most powerful nations in the world, the other being the Kou Empire, both aiming for global domination.
- Scheherazade (シェヘラザード Sheherazādo )
- Voiced by: Maaya Sakamoto
- A Magi who is the High Priestess of the Reim Empire. She is more than 250 years old and is responsible for the empire's rise in power. Believed to have the appearance of a young woman, later it is revealed that it is just a clone of hers created to act as her proxy. Her true, aged body lies dormant and concealed in an unknown location, with little time left to live. She sacrifices herself to replenish the Magoi of Alibaba and the Kou Empire's royal family, allowing them to take part in a combined effort to weaken the Black Rukh in Magnostadt and allow Aladdin to dispel it with Solomon's Wisdom. After the battle, she chooses Titus to become her successor as the Reim Empire's Magi.
- Titus Alexius (ティトス・アレキウス Titosu Arekiusu )
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- A clone created by Scheherazade through a sample of her body, he is sent to infiltrate Magnostadt disguised as a student who befriends Aladdin, Sphintus and Marga. When Mogamett learns of his identity, he refuses to give him back to Scheherazade as he considers him more than a clone, but also a fellow magician, giving an excuse for the Reim Empire to invade Magnostadt. After Aladdin and Alibaba stop Reim's invasion, Titus is allowed by Scheherazade to stay in Magnostadt with his friends, but reveals to him that he has few time left to live as with the impending death of the original Scheherazade, all her clones including him shall perish as well. Encouraged by Marga, Titus decides to make use of the little time he has left to protect her and the rest of his friends and confronts Mogamett by himself. At the expense of his life, Titus manages to bring Mogamett back to its senses, giving time for Alladin and Yamraiha to reach the chancellor's rukh after the medium is weakened enough by the Dungeon Capturers from Kou, Reim and the Alliance of Seven Seas. Once the battle is over, Titus is revived by Ugo and becomes the new Magi of Reim, inheriting not only Sheherazade's powers, but her knowledge as well.
- Mu Alexius (ムー・アレキウス Mū Arekiusu )
- Voiced by: Mamoru Miyano
- Captain of Reim's "Fanalis Corps", considered the greatest warrior in all the Empire. He is one of the Empire's three Dungeon Capturers. Like his sister, he is only half-Fanalis, being more weak physically than his pureblood companions. Mu and his companions lead the attack on Magnostadt, easily breaking through its defenses until being stopped and repelled by Aladdin and Alibaba.
- A Djinn of hunting and nobility contained in Mu's sword that when fully equipped, transforms itself into a trident and empowers him and his household with strength magic capable of striking enemies at distance with powerful shockwaves. However, these vessels must be used with caution as Mu and his subordinates possess little Magoi to spend, due to their Fanalis ancestry.
- Nerva Julius Caluades (ネルウァ・ユリウス・カルアデス Neruwa Yuriusu Karuadesu )
- Son of the Reim Emperor and one of the Empire's three Dungeon Capturers. Owner of the djinn "Shax", he is the only among Reim's Dungeon Capturers who has not mastered his Djinn Equip yet.
- Ignatius Alexius (イグナティウス・アレキウス Igunatiusu Arekiusu )
- Supreme commander of the army. As one of the Empire's three Dungeon Capturers, he is the owner of the djinn "Purson".
- Myron Alexius (ミュロン・アレキウス Myuron Arekiusu )
- Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki
- Myron is Mu's little sister and a member of the Fanalis Corps. Just like Lo'lo', she owns a household vessel empowered by his brother's djinn.
- Lo'lo' (ロゥロゥ Rourou )
- Voiced by: Kishô Taniyama
- Lo'lo' is a member of the Fanalis Corps and owner of household vessel "Bard Kauza". Somehow he lost part of his lips, leaving some teeth always exposed.
- Shambal Ramal (シャンバル・ラマー Shanbaru Ramā )
- Shambal is a member of the Yambala Gladiators, a clan of powerful warriors able to manipulate their Magoi to increase their prowess in battle. He passed his techniques to Sinbad, who lived with the Yambalas for a while and later becomes Alibaba's teacher upon his request.
- Toto (トト)
- Voiced by: Kana Asumi
- A young woman member of the Yambala who helps with Alibaba's training. Moved by his compassion and selflesness, she later reunites with Alibaba in Sindria and joins him and Morgiana in his diplomatic travel to Balbadd. She owns a large sword that later becomes a household vessel under Alibaba's Amon and eventually becomes Olba's girlfriend.
- Darius (ダライアス Daraiasu )
- An intelligence officer from Reim, he was sent to spy on Parthevia and upon being wounded, he is sheltered by Sinbad's father Badr, unaware of his true identity. During his stay he tells the young Sinbad several stories about the outside world and become close to him, until he is found out and takes Sinbad as a hostage in an attempt to escape and is killed by Badr.
Formerly the Musta'sim Kingdom, it is a small nation founded and ruled by Magicians that has rapidly grown in size and power since its establishment due to its advanced magic research. It implements a caste system with most of the non-magician inhabitants living in poor conditions at the slums with their Magoi being slowly drained to power up the magic tools manufactured by the magicians. Backed up by Al-Thamen during the revolution to overthrow the kingdom, the magicians of Magnostadt were the ones who created the black metal vessels with black Rukh. Coveted by both the Reim and Kou Empires, Magnostadt ends up involved in a war against them to ensure its independence, which leaves the country on ruins. Assisted by the new united front formed by the Reim Empire and the Alliance of Seven Seas, Magnostadt manages to keep its independence and the caste system is abolished as the entire population joins the effort in rebuild it.
- Matal Mogamett (マタル・モガメット Mataru Mogametto )
- Voiced by: Chō
- The chanceller of Magnostadt's magic academy who started loathing non-magician humans (whom he labels as "Goi") due to all the suffering and prejudice caused upon magicians by the king and the nobility, which led to several tragedies including the death of his daughter. This led Mogamett to lead his fellow magicians in an uprising to take over the country leading it to its current status quo. Originally having an honest wish to make use of magic for the sake of all mankind, Mogamett's hatred toward the Goi led him to start viewing them as less than animals and that only magicians are worthy of his protection. At the sight of the bodies of his friends killed during the failed invasion by the Reim Empire and upon learning of an incoming invasion by the Kou Empire, Mogamett descends into Magnostadt's lowest sector where a huge mass of Black Rukh is stored, which he uses to continuously summon Dark Djinns to destroy the invaders, falling into depravity in the process until Aladdin and Yamraiha manage to reach him with Solomon's Wisdom. After assuming his mistakes, Mogamett's Rukh finally returns to the Great Flow but not before asking Aladdin to look for a way to the souls of those who suffered because of him also find peace as well. By the request of his disciples, Mogamett's scepter is entrusted to Aladdin.
- Marga (マルガ Maruga )
- A sick orphan whose condition went terminal due to the constant drain of Magoi from her body. She is adopted by Titus who grows attached to her and uses his magic to prolong her life. She leaves Magnostadt to live with Titus in Reim after he becomes Scheherazade's successor.
- Irene Smirnoff (アイリーン スミノフ Airīn Suminofu )
- A High Class Magician of Magnostadt who teaches Rukh's Properties and Alterations in the academy. She dedicates herself to research the several properties of Black Rukh, but seem to be unaware of the dark secret behind its creation. She has a large admiration on Mogamett, to the point of getting envious of Aladdin when he becomes closer to the chanceller.
- Myers (マイヤーズ Maiyaz )
- Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue
- Myers, the Thunder Whip Magician, is a teacher at the Magnostadt Academy, who helps Aladdin with his remedial classes when he is mistakenly labeled as a dropout due to his inability to generate much Magoi by himself when not assisted by external Rukh. She used to be a magician of the Parthevia Empire like her brother Doron.
- Doron (ドロン)
- Doron is Myers' little brother. He is a magician responsible to enforce order in the 5th level district, where live the unemployed non-magicians of Magnustadt, which represent two-thirds of the city's population, treating them with scorn.
The birthland of Sinbad and his comrade Drakon. It was originally a small and prosperous nation which expanded its territory and influence, increasing its prosperity until getting into difficulties upon facing the much stronger Reim Empire.
- Badr (バドﾙ Badoru )
- Sinbad's father and a war veteran who lost his left leg in combat. Despite being offered a huge sum in reward for his effort in the war and to compensate the loss of his leg, he refuses it instead, claiming that he did nothing worthy of earning it. He used to live peacefully working as a fisherman with his wife and son until the country started losing ground against Reim, and his refusal to take part in the war effort led him to be shunned by his friends and neighbors, who brand him and his family as expatriates. Badr eventually join the war to protect his family but before leaving, he shows his wounded and crippled body claiming it is the only "reward" he got from war. He is then accused of treason and executed.
- Esra (エスラ Esura )
- Sinbad's mother who was ill by the time her son left to conquer his first dungeon when he was only 14 years old, carrying a sword from his father. She dies at her son's arms just after he returns home, as despite Sinbad stayed inside Baal for only a few hours, two years had passed in the outside world.
- Serendine Dikumenowlz Du Parthevia (セレンディーネ・ディクメンオウルズ・ドゥ・パルテビア Serendīne Dikumenouruzu Du Parutebia )
- The first princess of Parthevia and commander of the army, known as the "Venomous Spider Princess of Parthevia". She and Drakon were close friends since childhood and she makes him promise to return alive from his expedition to conquer Baal. When Drakon returns defeated and injured by Sinbad, she wows to hunt him down, but fails to defeat him when they finally meet, and he leaves the country to start his journey.
- Drakon's older brother and a general of the army, he is engaged with Serendine only for political reasons.
The main antagonists, Al-Thamen (アル・サーメン Aru Samen ) is an organization that existed since immemorial times, working in the shadows to spread out what Sinbad labels as the "Abnormalities of the World", like famine, war, prejudice and oppression, bringing chaos and turmoil to the world with the intention to break the guidance of the Rukh, which according to them, renders people subjects to their fates. Throughout the history, they had infiltrated several countries, interfering negatively in their societies with the pretense of providing assistance to them. Most of Al Sarmen's agents are in fact artificial beings, each created from a hollow Matryoshka-like object whose true form is revealed when defeated.
According to Aladdin, the organization was responsible for the event that caused the destruction of mankind's previous world Alma Torran by summoning the corrupt god "Il Illa" and intends to do so in the current world as well. To accomplish that, it is necessary to gather a huge amount of Black Rukh in one place, thus their efforts to ensure that more and more people fall into depravity.
- Gyokuen Ren (練 玉艶 Ren Gyokuen )
- The leader of Al-Thamen who infiltrates the Kou Empire upon marrying the first emperor. After conspiring to murder her husband, causing a fire that also claimed the life of Hakuryuu and Hakuei's brothers, she marries her brother-in-law who becomes the second emperor and after his death, she claims the throne for herself under suspicious circumstances. Later it is revealed that she was one of the three Magi who served under Solomon in Alma Torran and caused its ruin when she betrays him and his people by assisting in the advent of "Il Illa".
- Judar (ジュダル Judaru )
- Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura (Japanese), Todd Haberkorn (English)
- A Magi working on Al-Thamen's behest as the oracle of the Ko Empire. Specialized in Ice Magic, Judar's power grow stronger when surrounded by Black Rukh as a result of having fallen into depravity. He was raised by Al-Thamen after the organization killed his parents to kidnap him, but even after Aladdin reveals it to him with the Wisdom of Solomon, he claims that it does not matter to him.
- Dunya Musta'sim (ドゥニヤ・ムスタシム Duniya Musutashimu )
- Voiced by: Eriko Nakamura
- A former princess of the Musta'sim Kingdom, she joins Al-Thamen after her family is killed in a revolution orchestrated by Magnostadt. Specialized in gravity and magnetic magic, she fights along a doll created by her based on her servant Isaac who died while protecting her during the revolution. She ambushes Aladdin and his friends inside Zagan's dungeon and is defeated after becoming a black djinn with a black metal vessel. Despite Yamraiha's efforts to heal her, Dunya dies soon after by the aftereffects of the transformation.
- Ithnan (イスナーン Isunān )
- Voiced by: Shinichiro Miki
- An agent of Al-Thamen who first confronts Aladdin and his friends in the Zagan dungeon. When his head is cut by Alibaba, it transforms itself in a snake and transfers himself into Hakuryu's arm when he bites it. He manages to infiltrate in Sindria when he emanates from Hakuryu's arm, which is cut from him. He ends up defeated by Sinbad. Later it is revealed that it was Ithnan who approached Mogamett and helped Magnostadt to assume control of the Musta'sim Kingdom.
- Zurmudd (ズルムッド Zurumuddo )
- Member of a trio of agents sent by Al-Thamen. While in the manga they appear in Torran to ambush Aladdin and his friends after they conquer Zagan, in the anime they break into Sindria after Judar destroys the magic barrier protecting it. A huge and muscular man who claims to not discriminate against women, thus has the habit of not holding back against them, although he admits an aversion to fighting men. He is confronted and killed by Masrur.
- Apollonius (アポロニウス Aporoniusu )
- Another member of the trio sent by Al-Thamen. A short old man in a wheelchair capable of powerful destructive magic powered by his dark metal vessel. He is confronted and killed by Yamraiha.
- Byoln (ビョルン Byorun )
- The third member of trio sent by Al-Thamen. A tall and thin man using a rapier-like Dark Metal Vessel to create doppelgangers from his shadow, he also proves to be a very capable swordsman being almost at Sharrkan's level but ends up defeated by him.
- Markkio (マルッキオ Marukkio )
- Voiced by: Shinichiro Miki
- An agent of the Al-Thamen who works as Balbadd's financial advisor, with the name 'Banker'. With the pretense of helping Balbadd to prosper, he convinces King Abhmad to continuously borrow money from the Kou Empire which snowballs into a huge debt and the lost of its economic independence, ultimately leading to its annexation to the Empire.
- Weapons/Arms Dealer (武器商人 Bukishōnin )
- Voiced by: Shinichiro Miki
- An agent of the Al-Thamen who supplied magic weapons to Cassim and his fellow members of the 'Fog Troupe' with the intention of further increasing chaos in Balbadd. He is destroyed by Sinbad in the manga, but in the anime he transforms into a snake and poisons Alibaba, and later Sinbad, contaminating them with the Black Rukh with the intention of having both fall into depravity before disappearing.
- Solomon (ソロモン Soromon )
- The king of Alma Torran, another world that was destroyed ages before by an unknown catastrophic event and whose survivors were transferred by the current world by his powers. Little is known about him, beside the fact that he was the original master of all the Djinn and had three Magi under his command. It is still unknown the true connection between Solomon and Aladdin, although the young Magi is seen by many as his proxy, whose mission is to ensure that the same disaster that befall at Alma Torran does not repeat itself.
- Yunan (ユナン Yunan )
- Voiced by: Akira Ishida
- He is the last of the four Magi introduced in the story, who is affiliated with no faction, although it is hinted that his chosen King Candidate was Sinbad, whom he befriended several years before, but they are not currently seeing eye to eye. The first dungeon "Baal", which was conquered by Sinbad is one of many dungeons created by Yunan before he disappears without a trace. His current whereabouts are revealed when Morgiana meets him inside the Great Rift that splits the Dark Continent in two, where he reveals to her that with the death of the second Kou Emperor, Koutoku Ren, a great war is about to begin in the world. During the battle of Magnostadt, Yunan joins the fight after he and Morgiana ask for Sinbad's help. Yunan later reveals to Aladdin that he had reincarnated nine times, in preparation to counter Al-Thamen's plans to destroy the world and every time one of his previous lives ended, he had met Ugo before his following life began.
- Aum Madaura (大聖母 Ōmu Madōra )
- Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa
- Owner of the magic tool "Holy Mother Halo Fan" which has the ability to put all children (and teenagers to a certain degree) under her control by having them believe she is their mother. She leads a pirate crew composed solely of children enticed by the fan, including some kidnapped from nearby cities. She is confronted by Aladdin, Alibaba, Morgiana and Hakuryuu who defeat her crew until she attacks them with the fan. While Hakuryuu is the most affected due to his conflicted story with his mother, Aladdin is not affected at all, because he does not remember much of his. In the end, Aum Madaura is captured and beheaded by Hakuryuu before the children who mourn her death and swear to avenge her, having trouble to return to their parents for being still under the fan's effects.
- Olba (オルバ Oruba )
- Voiced by: Kei Shindou
- First appearing as a member of Aum Madaura's crew, he is rescued by Alibaba and his friends and sent to live in Sindria. After the battle of Magnostadt, it is revealed that he was studying swordsmanship under Sharrkan and has grown much taller in a short period of time. When Alibaba departs to Balbadd to rendezvous with Kouen Ren, he and his companions decide to accompany him. During the trip, Olba becomes a member of Alibaba's household and Toto's boyfriend.