List of Malas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of people of the Mala caste of southern India.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar 14 April 1891 – 6 December 1956), popularly also known as Babasaheb, was an Indian jurist, politician, philosopher, anthropologist, historian and economist. A revivalist for Buddhism in India, he inspired the Modern Buddhist movement. As independent India's first law minister, he was principal architect of the Constitution of India. He belonged to the Mahar caste which is comparable to the Malas in Andhra Pradesh.
- Bhagya Reddy Varma (Madari Bagaiah)- Leader of Adi Hindu Movement. Great Buddhist admirer. He was "Father of Dalit Movement in Andhra Pradesh", Buddha Jayanthi celebration in public started by him. Supported Babasaheb Movement.
- Arige Ramaswamy - Notable Dalit Leader of Secunderabad. Ex-minister of Andrapradesh.
- B. Shyam Sunder -(1908–1975) Leader of Moolbharati movement. Dy.Speaker in Hyderabad State before Independence, MLA from Karkataka, Founder of "Bhimsena", Great Intellectual, Eminent, speaker, Author. Famous book is "They Burn", Closely worked with Babasabeb. First Indian Leader to raise Dalit issue in United Nations 1948 (Paris)
- Katti Padma Rao, Founder of Dalit movement in 1980s and Dalitha Maha Sabha,Gen secretary
- P.V Rao, Mala Mahanadu, Leader & Founder President,
- Gaddar, (Gummadi vittal Rao), Revolutionary Balladeer
- Johnny Lever (Janumala John Prakasa Rao) - Famous Bollywood comedian, born in Usullapalli, H.M Padu (Mandal), Prakasam District, A.P.
- Babu Mohan - Comedian during 1990's in Tollywood & Ex minister in TDP Government
- Betha Sudhakar ("Pichha kottudu sudhakar") - Popular Comedian & Character Artist in Tollywood
- Goreti Venkanna - Balladeer, Poet, and Lyricist from Telangana Region
- Archana (actress), Actress in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam; Twice National Award Winner
- Madhavi (actress), Actress in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam; National Award Winner
Poets, writers and lyricists
- Jaladi Raja Rao(జాలాది ), Film Lyricist
- Boyi Bheemanna, He was one of the great writers of A.P
- Gunti Prasanth,[book name:mala palle]],poet a.p
- Damodaram Sanjivayya - 2nd Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh(1960–1962) and also the first dalit Chief Minister of a state in India and first dalit President of Indian National Congress party(1962))
- Bayya Suryanarayana Murthy - was a journalist, poet, short story writer, essayist, parliamentarian and leader of Dalit movement in India.
- G. Venkat Swamy (known as "Kaka"), (Senior Congressman, CWC member, Ex PCC chief, Ex union minister, founder of many labour unions across the country)
- Sri Ealy vadapalli, MLA, Ramachandrapuram, E.G.Dt, A.P . Elected from Tallarevu in the year 1967 ( SC seat)
- G.M.C. Balayogi (1951–2002) (First dalit speaker of Lok Sabha)
- Dr.Chinta Mohan, MP Tirupathi, former Union Minister for Petroleum and Chemicals, 6 time MP from Tirupathi
- Panabaka Lakshmi - Union Minister of State for OIL&GAS & MP, Bapatla, Former MP, Nellore
- K. Pratibha Bharati, Andhra Pradesh Assembly's first woman Speaker (1999–2004), Ex-Cabinet Minister in TDP Government & Politburo Member
- J. Geeta (J. Geeta Reddy), Senior Congress Woman Leader & Minister for Major Industries
- Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, Deputy Speaker of AP Legislative Assembly & Former Chief Whip
- Dr. P. Shankar Rao - MLA Senior Congress Leader(Five time MLA) EX-Minister for Irrigation and Textiles & Industries
- G. Vivek, MP Peddapalli and Promoter - Visaka Industries
- G. V. Harsha Kumar - Member of Parliament, Amalapuram
- Jesudasu Seelam I.A.S(VRS) - MP, Rajya Sabha, Union Minister of state for Finance
- K.S.R Murthy I.A.S(Retd) - Former MP(Loksabha)
- Mallu Ravi, Former MP
- G. Prasad Rao - MLA, Vikarabad, Minister for Textiles, Spinning Mills and Small Scale Industries
- Lankapalli Bullayya (1918–1992), Former VC Andhra University (1968–74); First dalit to become the Vice-Chancellor of a university in India
- Justice Katikithala Ramaswamy, Former Judge, Supreme Court Of India
- Justice Dr.K.Punnaiah, Retired Judge of High Court of Andhra Pradesh
- Marampudi Joji, Third Archbishop of Hyderabad, (30 April 2000 – August 27, 2010)
- Mallepalli Laxmiah, Telangana Idealogue, Senior Journalist, Co-Chair, Joint action Committee (JAC), Telangana
- Jesudasu Seelam I.A.S (VRS) - Rajya Sabha MP Union Minister of State for Finance
- K.S.R Murthy I.A.S (Retd.) - Former Loksabha MP