List of Massachusetts state forests
Massachusetts, with forests covering 3,060,000 acres (12,400 km2) (59%) of its land area, administers more than 500,000 acres (2,000 km2) of state forest, wildlife and watershed land under the cabinet level Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Lands are managed by Department of Conservation and Recreation, Division of State Parks and Recreation (285,000 acres (1,150 km2)), Division of Fisheries and Wildlife (MassWildlife) (140,000 acres (570 km2)), and the Division of Water Supply Protection's Office of Watershed Management (104,000 acres (420 km2)).
Current state forests
- "Promoting Stewardship of Our Forests for a Safe and Healthy Environment, Economy, and Society". 2008 Annual Stakeholder Report. Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation Bureau of Forest Fire Control and Forestry. 2009. p. 2. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- MassWildlife: Forest Management
- Office of Watershed Management
- "Quabbin Reservoir Watershed System. Section 5: Management Plan Objectives and Methods Land Management Plan 2007-2017". Mass. Department of Conservation and Recreation. Retrieved 2009-11-03. "Certified lands in Massachusetts are managed by different agencies of the EOEEA, including the Division of State Parks and Recreation (285,000 acres), the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife (110,000 acres), and the Division of Water Supply Protection (104,000 acres)."
- State Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Mass. Dept. of Conservation and Recreation's Mass. State Parks
- DCR Forestry home page
- DCR - Forest Management Planning
- Eight districts of Forest Management