List of Mattel toys
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of toys from American toy company Mattel.
- Please note*** that the pull-string talking mechanism that was created for Chatty Cathy in 1960, was used in most Mattel talking dolls from 1960-1975. These dolls are listed by name and are annotated with "talking doll" or "talking toy."
- Agent Zero: 1960s transforming cap gun spy gear (camera to pistol; radio to rifle)
- Aladdin film toy figures
- Aladdin TV series toy figures
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
- Allan, Ken's Buddy (1964) (Barbie series, named for the Handler's son-in-law, he married Barbie in real life!)
- American Girl
- Avatar action figures
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire toy figures
- Baby Cheryl (1964-1966) Talking doll.(Named for Elliot and Ruth Handler's first grandchild)
- Baby's Hungry! (1966-1967) Mechanical baby doll that "eats and drinks" with life-like motion, eyes look around.
- Baby First Step (1965-1968) Walking Doll. Battery operated, advertised as the only doll that can walk by herself. Various changes in hair, dress & talking versions.
- Baby Say 'N See (1966-1967) Talking doll, "Talkin' Lips", mouth moves when talking, and eyes look around.
- Barbie 1959–present, Ken (1961-present) (dolls named after Elliot and Ruth Handler's children)
- Batman Begins
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Battlestar Galactica (1979)
- Baby Secret (1966-1967) Talking doll, "Talkin' Lips",mouth moves when talking, whispers secrets.
- Beany Boy (1962-1963) Talking doll, companion to Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent. Inspired by the cartoon series.
- Beauty and the Beast toy figures
- Bernie Bernard(1966-1967)Talking toy, Animal Yacker, mouth moves when talking.
- Biff the Bear (1966-1967) Talking toy, "Talkin' Lips", mouth moves when talking. The 1966 Mattel catalog calls Biff a "Junior Yacker."
- Big Jim
- Bugs Bunny (1962-1964) Talking doll, initial release 26.5 inches tall. Re-issue (1965-1975) 24 inches tall.
- Bruno the Bad Dog Monster Truck (1992 toy)
- Cabbage Patch Kids (1994–2000)
- Captain Kangaroo (1967) Talking doll,voice of Bob Keeshan, TV's Captain Kangaroo.
- Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future
- Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent (1962-1963) Talking doll, companion to Beany Boy. Inspired by the cartoon series.
- Casper The Friendly Ghost (1961-1965)Talking doll, based on the Harvey cartoon of the same name.
- Computer Warriors (1989–1990)
- Charmin' Chatty (1963-1964) Talking doll, Mattel's Changeable Record Doll, came with five changeable records.
- Chatty Baby (1962-1964) Talking doll.
- Chatty Cathy (1960–1965) Mattel's original talking doll. Re-issue new doll (1970–1972) Re-issue '60s version (1998-2001).
- Chester O'Chimp (1965-1967) Talking Toy, Animal Yacker-mouth moves when talking.
- Crackers the Parrot (1964-1965) Talking Toy, Animal Yacker, mouth moves when talking.
- Creepy Crawlers (1964-1966) Set of molds to make bugs, snakes, and spiders from "plasti-goop." The molds and goop are heated in a hot-plate called a "Thingmaker."
- DC Universe Classics
- Demolition Man (toys based on Demolition Man)
- Disney V.I.P. Dolls
- Diva Starz
- Doctor Dolittle (1967-1968) Talking Doll, inspired by the movie of the same name. Actor Rex Harrison provides voice. Doctor Dolittle See 'N Say also available.
- Drowsy (1965-1975) Talking doll, First two years in flannel Kitty PJs, 1967 and after flannel Pink PJs with white dots.
- Dustin's Adventure Team Go!
- DC Super Hero Girls (2016-???)
- Fighting Men (1965)
- Fijit Friends
- Flash Gordon (toys based on The New Adventures of Flash Gordon)
- Food Fighters
- Harry Potter games, etc.
- Hannah Montana (Outside of North America)
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
- Hercules toy figures
- High School Musical
- Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
- Hot Wheels(1968–present) Die cast small toy cars.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame toy figures
- Jack-in-the-box (1955–present) Musical crank toy in various incarnations.
- Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
- Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (film)
- Justice League Unlimited
- Larry the Lion (1964-1974) Talking Toy, Animal Yacker, mouth moves when talking. 70s version same doll no mouth movement.
- The Last Action Hero
- Liddle Kiddles (1966-1972) Tiny 2 1/2 inch dolls, issued in many different series i.e. Storybook, Tea Party, Jewelry.
- Linus,the Lionhearted (1965-1966) Talking Toy, inspired by cartoon character. Talking hand puppet same years.
- Little Pretty Kitties and Puppies
- The Lion King
- Matty, the Talking Boy (1961-1963) Talking doll popularly known as Matty Mattel. Matty's Funday Funnies TV show host, brother to Sister Belle.
- Magical Musical Thing
- Masters of the Universe action figures
- Magic 8 Ball
- Magic Nursery doll (1989)
- Major Matt Mason (1966–1970) "Mattel's Man in Space", 9 inch astronaut doll figure, space ship etc. available separately.
- Max Steel
- Mega Man NT Warrior
- Midge, Barbie's Best Friend (1963-1966) (Barbie series, Re-introduced 1988 new face, Collector dolls 1993, 1998 as 60s version).
- Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series
- Monogram models (1970s–1980s)
- Monster High
- Monsters, Inc.
- Mr. Ed (1964-1965) Talking hand puppet.
- My Child Dolls (1986–1988)
- My Meebas
- My Scene Dolls
- Mrs. Beasley (1967-1972) Talking doll, Mattel, as requested, created the doll as a companion toy for Buffy in TVs Family Affair.
- Planet Hotwheels Planet Hot Wheels
- Pixel Chix
- Pixar's Cars Diecast Line
- Piranha Panic
- Pocahontas (Barbie type doll inspired by the 1995 Disney film)
- Polly Pocket
- Popples plush toys
- Porky Pig (1965-1966) Talking Toy, inspired by the Warner Bros. cartoon character.
- Power Glove
- Pushmi-Pullyu (1967-1968) Talking Toy, inspired by character in the movie Dr. Dolittle, starring Rex Harrison.
- Disney-Pixar's Ratatouille
- Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots (1964) First Manufactured by Marx Toys, Mattel created a smaller version in 2000.
- Rocket Power
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Secret Wars (1984–1985)
- See 'n Say (1965–present) Talking toy, Series beginning with the Farmer Says,and the Bee Says, educational talking toys.
- Shaman King
- She-Ra: Princess of Power
- Shrinkin' Violette (1964-1965) Talking doll, inspired from a character on Mattel's own TV series, "The Funny Company."
- The Simpsons toy figures, games, etc.
- Sing-a-ma-jigs (2010–present) Talking, Singing computer chip toys.
- Singin' Chatty (1965-1968) Talking doll, the last doll of the 1960s "chatty" group.
- Sister Belle (1961-1963) Talking doll, sister to Matty Mattel. Co-host Matty's Funday Funnies TV show.
- Skipper, Barbie's Little Sister (1964–present) (Barbie series, friend of Skooter and Ricky dolls).
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Strange Change Machine (1968)
- Street Sharks (1994–1996) (See also, Extreme Dinosaurs/Dino Vengers)
- Spectra and Spark (1987)
- Superman Returns
- Tarzan (mid-1970s)
- Tarzan toy figures
- Tatters (1965-1966) Talking doll, wears tattered dress and head scarf.
- Teen Trends fashion dolls
- Teenie Talk (1966-1967) Talking doll, "Talkin' Lips", mouth moves when talking.
- Toy Story action figures, Little figures (Action Links) with playsets, and dolls
- Batman Barbie doll
- The Wild Thornberries
- Thingmaker (1964-1975) Refers to a hot-plate device to heat plasti-goop toys such as Creepy Crawlers.
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- Tiny Chatty Baby (1963-1964) Talking doll, also sold in gift set with Tiny Chatty Brother as Tiny Chatty Twins.
- Tiny Chatty Brother (1963-1964)Talking doll, also sold in gift set with Tiny Chatty Baby as Tiny Chatty Twins.
- Tom and Jerry (1965-1966) Talking doll, Inspired by cartoon series. Talking hand puppet issued same years.
- Toss Across Bean-bag tossing game.
- Wayne Gretzky
- What's Her Face Came with markers to draw expressions on her blank face.
- Wheel of Fortune Two Home Versions; one in 1988 and one in 1998
- Winx Club
- Wizards of Waverly Place
- Wizzzer (1969)
- Wonder Woman (animated film) 2009 Best Buy only
- WWE (since 2010)
- Woody Woodpecker (1965-1974)Talking doll, inspired by cartoon of the same name. Woody talking hand puppet (1964-1965).
Kettelkamp, Sean- "Chatty Cathy and her Talking Friends" Schiffer Publishing Ltd. 1998