List of Maximals
- 1 Beast Wars/Beast Machines Maximals
- 2 Beast Wars/Beast Machines Maximals Toy characters
- 3 Beast Wars II Maximals
- 4 Beast Wars Neo Maximals
- 5 References
- 6 See also
Beast Wars/Beast Machines Maximals
- Optimus Primal: Commander of the Axalon and commander of the Maximals on Earth. Beast mode is a gorilla.
- Rhinox: Defense; mechanical engineer and Optimus's executive officer. Beast mode is a rhinoceros.
- Cheetor: Scout and later warrior. Beast mode is a cheetah. Takes over as second-in-command in Beast Machines and becomes the new leader after Optimus's death.
- Rattrap: Intelligence; demolitions and surveillance. Beast mode is a rat.
- Dinobot: Combat Specialist (former Predacon). Beast mode is a Velociraptor.
- Tigatron: Recon. Beast mode is a white tiger.
- Airazor: Air Recon. Beast mode is a falcon.
- Silverbolt: Aerial Assault and recon; Beast mode is a gray wolf/eagle fuzor. He becomes a condor in Beast Machines.
- Blackarachnia: Combat specialist, saboteur (former Predacon). Beast mode is a black widow.
- Depth Charge: Water Recon and former security officer at Colony Omicron. Beast mode is a transmetal manta ray.
- Tigerhawk: Tigerhawk is the merged form of Tigatron and Airazor by the alien Vok. Beast mode is tiger/falcon half-Transmetal Fuzor creature.
- Nightscream: Aerial Scout. Beast mode is a technorganic bat.
- Savage/Noble: The only purely organic transformer. Can switch between a werewolf-like creature and a mutant dragon.
- Botanica: a Botanist, the commander and sole survivor of a Maximal deep space expedition. Alternate mode is a technorganic alien plant, since the planet she and her crew landed on had no animals, only ambulatory plants.
Beast Wars/Beast Machines Maximals Toy characters
- Armordillo: Beast mode is an armadillo.
- B'Boom: Beast mode is a mandrill.
- Bonecrusher: Beast mode is a bison.
- Claw Jaw: Beast mode is a giant squid.
- Cybershark: Beast mode is a hammerhead shark.
- Grimlock: Former Autobot. Beast mode is a Megaraptor.
- Grizzly-1 (AKA Barbearian): Beast mode is a grizzly bear.
- K-9: Beast mode is a German Shepherd. He is a recolored version of Wolfang.
- Magnaboss: Combiner; separates into:
- Onyx Primal: Beast mode is a bat (clone of Optimus Prime/former Predacon assassin).
- Panther: Beast mode is a panther (released by McDonalds).
- Polar Claw: Beast mode is a polar bear.
- Razorbeast: Beast mode is a warthog.
- Rhino: Beast mode is a rhinoceros (released by McDonalds).
- Snarl: Beast mode is a Tasmanian devil.
- Wolfang: Beast mode is a wolf.
- Air Hammer: Beast mode is a hammerhead shark/white hawk.
- Bantor: Beast mode is a baboon/tiger.
- Noctorro: Beast mode is a bull/bat.
- Torca: Beast mode is a killer whale/elephant.
- Icebird: Changes from snowy owl to polar bear.
- Poison Bite: Changes from barracuda to scorpion.
- Razorclaw: Changes from wolverine to Velociraptor.
- Soundwave: Changes from bat to alligator.
- Jawbreaker: Beast mode is a Transmetal II Hyena.
- Nightglider: Beast mode is a Flying Squirrel.
- Optimus Minor: Beast mode is a Transmetal II spider monkey (another clone of Optimus Prime).
- Prowl: Beast mode is a Transmetal II great horned owl.
- Ramulus: Beast mode is a Transmetal II Bighorn Sheep.
- Sonar: Beast mode is a Transmetal II Bat (A clone of Onyx Primal).
- Stinkbomb: Beast mode is a Transmetal II Skunk.
- Cybershark: Beast mode is a Transmetal II great white shark.
BotCon exclusive toys
- Apelinq: Technical Expert, beast mode is a Transmetal-like Gorilla. He is a recolored version of the Transmetal Optimus Primal.
- Primal Prime: Maximal commander, beast mode is Transmetal gorilla. He is a recolored version of Optimal Optimus, with a color scheme reminiscent of Optimus Prime.
- Tigatron: Recon, beast mode is a Transmetal white tiger. He is a recolored version of the Ravage.
- Windrazor: Futuristic Maximal, Beast mode is Arctic Wolf/Eagle Fuzor. He is a recolored version of Silverbolt.
Walmart exclusive toys
- Packrat: Thief. Beast mode is a blue rat. He is a recolored version of Transmetal Rattrap.
The following Maximals were featured in "Beast Machines":
- Battle Unicorn: Beast mode is a technorganic unicorn.
- Buzzsaw: Beast mode is a technorganic bee.
- Geckobot: Beast mode is a technorganic flying lizard.
- Hammerstrike: Beast mode is a technorganic hammerhead shark.
- Longhorn: Beast mode is a technorganic bull.
- Nightviper: Beast mode is a technorganic cobra.
- Primal Prime: Beast mode is a technorganic/transmetal hybrid gorilla. He is a recolored version of Optimal Optimus.
- Skydive: Beast mode is a technorganic Quetzalcoatlus.
- Snarl: Beast mode is a technorganic lion.
- Quickstrike: Beast mode is a technorganic gray wolf.
Spark-less Maximals featured in "Beast Machines":
- Dillo: Beast mode is mechanical armadillo.
- Mol: Beast mode is mechanical mole.
- Rav: Beast mode is mechanical raven.
Beast Wars II Maximals
The Beast Wars II Maximals are called Cybertrons in Japan. The group is led by Leo Prime and they pursued the Predacons to Planet Gaia. However, their ship crashed; and to survive the planet's corrosive atmosphere, they scanned animals for beast modes.
The Yukikaze(ユキカゼ) Crew
- C-16 Leo Prime(ライオコンボイ): Leo Prime, also known as Lio Convoy, is a Maximal commander who leads The Pack. His alternate modes are a White Lion, Mechanical White Lion, and Mechanical Lion. Originally a brave and noble Maximal commander, after his ship was attacked by a group of Predacons led by Galvatron, Convoy was dispatched to pursue the Predacons and bring them to justice. Chasing them to the planet Gaia (in reality a future Earth), Convoy was injured by the fields of Angolmois energy (similar to the energon fields in Beast Wars). He was then rescued by a white lion whose form he scanned to give him a beast mode for protection, and adopted the name of Lio Convoy. However, believing him to be dying the Matrix had copied itself into another Maximal: Lio Junior, who came to think of himself as Lio Convoy's son.
- C-12 Apache(アパッチ): The calm and loyal co-leader, who loves to lecture. He talks as a veteran soldier. Beast mode is a mandrill with a gun platform mode.
- X-2 Diver(ダイバー): The cautious coward of the team whose best offense is a good defense. Beast mode is a frog. A guard stationed at the Niagara base, Diver's jumping power is the greatest of the Maximals. Prudent and timid, yet also rather careless, he usually avoids dangerous work by saying, "It was my grandfather's dying wish...." On the other hand, moved by friendship, he has often met danger side on. In frog mode, Diver appears unarmed, but can catch enemies by surprise with a tongue-punch. His specialty is singing, and he sings rap songs to himself. When he's surprised in robot mode, Diver's neck pops out to its full length. Speaks in Kansai dialect.
- C-13 Bighorn(ビッグホーン): The stubborn member of the team who gets excited at the sight of a red flower. His beast mode is a bison.
- C-14 Tasmanian Kid(タスマニアキッド): The cheerful and mischievous member. His beast mode is a Tasmanian Devil.
- C-15 Scuba(スクーバ): A loner ninja warrior with dry wit. He is hydrokinetic, and his beast mode is a giant squid
- C-26 Lio Junior(ライオジュニア): A Transformer created by Gaia when Leo's matrix reacted to the pure Angolmois energy. He is an important component in the formation of Magnaboss(マグナボス) and his beast mode is a lion.
- C-27 Skywarp(スカイワープ): An upright and stern instructor who tends to be concerned about Lio Junior's education. His beast mode is a bald eagle.
- C-28 Santon(サントン): The great medic of the Maximals, he teaches Lio Junior about the fragile nature of life. His beast mode is an elephant.
- Insectrons(インセクトロン): Bug transformers who quietly lived in Antarctica until they were tricked by the Predacons into fighting the Maximals.
- C-17 Bigmos(ビッグモス): Leader of the Insectron force. His beast mode is a mosquito.
- C-18 Power Hug(パワーハッグ): Judo master who sets store by etiquette. Beast mode is a pillbug.
- C-19 Tonbot(トンボット): Spy of the Insectrons. His beast mode is a dragonfly.
- C-20 Mantis(マンティス): A lone samurai who does not hesitate to attack those who get in his space. Beast mode is a praying mantis.
- C-21 Drill Nut(ドリルナッツ): inventor. beast mode is a weevil.
- C-22 Scissor Boy(シザーボーイ): The shrewd safecracker who becomes good friends with Tasmanian Kid. His beast mode is an earwig.
- Jointron Bros.(ジョイントロン): Three brother from planet Trias whose spaceship malfunctione, and they ended up on Gaia. The trio speak and act like "stereotypical" Mexicans, preferring to lay about and be a mariachi band. They combine to form Tripledacus(トリプルダクス), a recolor of the Predacon combiner Tripredacus.
- C-23 DJ: The oldest brother, he emits a special sonic wave that reaches 10,000 kilometers away. His beast mode is a cicada; repaint of Predacon Cicadacon.
- C-24 Motorarm(モーターアーム): The middle brother, a sumo wrestler who represents Trias in the Space Sumo Association. Beast mode is a Hercules Beetle; repaint of Predacon Ram Horn.
- C-25 Gimlet(ギムレット): The youngest, the brightest and best dancer of the trio. Beast mode is a lobster; repaint of Predacon Sea Clamp.
Beast Wars Neo Maximals
Majority of the characters are exclusive to Japan, with few recolors and/or remolds.
The Gung Ho(ガンホー) Crew
- C-35 Big Convoy(ビッグコンボイ): A One-man-army who became the teacher of the Maximal cadets. Beast-mode is a wooly mammoth with a tank-like mode.
- C-29 Longrack(ロングラック): The upper-class cadet appointed as second-in-command. Beast mode is a giraffe with a crane-like battle mode.
- C-30 Cohrada(コラーダ): The loner who is a good fighter in desert environments. His beast is a cobra with a battle mode.
- C-31 Stampy(スタンピー): The fast-moving recon. Beast mode is a rabbit with a scissors-like battle mode.
- C-32 Break(ブレイク): The temperamental member of the team, his greatest weapon is his emotions. Beast mode is an emperor penguin with a blaster-like battle mode.
- S-3 Heinlad(ハインラッド): The most mysterious of the cadets. The clock in his stomach alters time when activated. Beast mode is a tanuki.
- C-36 Mach Kick(マッハキック): He was co-leader and survivor of the Maximal Thoroughbred, who were wiped out by Magmatron's planet-like porcupine fortress. His beast mode is a horse.
- C-33 Rock Buster(ロックバスター): An old war buddy of Big Convoy, who offered his friend the chance to relive their glory day by ditching the cadets. Beast mode is a fiddler crab.
- C-34 Randy(ランディー): He was stationed on planet Tube on a solo mission to protect the endangered wildlife. Beast mode is a Wild Boar.
- C-37 Sharp Edge(シャープエッジ): He considered himself as Big Convoy's rival. Beast mode is a sawshark.
- C-38 Bump(バンプ): Modest and reserved, he feels happiest when rolled up. Beast mode is an armadillo.
- C-39 Survive(サバイブ): Big Convoy's former teacher. Beast mode is a gray bear.