List of Middle East countries by population
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Middle Eastern countries and territories on the basis of population, which is sorted by the mid-year normalized demographic projections.
(or dependent territory)
|January 1, 2015
|1||Egypt||87,535,000||21.55||2.29||1,959,000||31||87,686,000||December 18, 2014||Official population clock|
|2||Iran||78,280,000||19.27||1.29||995,000||54||77,979,000||December 18, 2014||Official population clock|
|3||Turkey||77,726,000||19.13||1.38||1,055,000||51||76,667,864||December 31, 2013||Official estimate|
|5||Saudi Arabia||31,450,000||7.74||3.20||976,000||22||29,994,272||2013||Official estimate|
|7||Syria||22,992,000||5.66||2.45||550,000||29||21,377,000||December 31, 2011||Official estimate|
|8||United Arab Emirates||8,864,000||2.18||1.57||137,000||44||8,264,070||2010||Official estimate|
|9||Israel||8,295,000||2.04||1.89||154,000||37||8,268,400||October 31, 2014||Monthly official estimate|
|10||Jordan||6,746,000||1.66||2.76||181,000||25||6,669,800||December 18, 2014||Official population clock|
|13||Kuwait||4,101,000||1.01||3.01||120,000||23||4,039,445||June 30, 2014||Official estimate|
|14||Oman||4,101,000||1.01||5.18||202,000||14||4,088,690||December 10, 2014||Official estimate|
|15||Qatar||2,282,000||0.56||6.49||139,000||11||2,269,672||November 30, 2014||Monthly official estimate|
|16||Bahrain||1,719,000||0.42||7.30||117,000||10||1,234,571||April 27, 2010||Final 2010 census result|
|17||Cyprus||874,000||0.22||0.46||4,000||151||865,900||December 31, 2012||Official estimate|
- Calculated, when available, from the latest national censuses or most recent official estimates (many of which are cited in their respective column), using the exponential formula shown on the List of countries by past and future population article. This is done to normalize the different populations to a unique date, so that they are really comparable.
- It corresponds to the following formula: projection2015/projection2014x100-100.
- It corresponds to the calculation: projection2015*annual_growth/100.
- It corresponds to the formula: LN(2)/LN(growth/100+1), which produces exactly the same result as LOG10(2)/LOG10(growth/100+1).
- It comprises the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, separated between each other by an Israeli land corridor.
- List of African countries by population
- List of countries in the Americas by population
- List of Arab countries by population
- List of Asian countries by population
- List of Caribbean island countries by population
- List of Eurasian countries by population
- List of European countries by population
- List of European Union member states by population
- List of Latin American countries by population
- List of member states of the Commonwealth of Nations by population
- List of North American countries by population
- List of Oceanian countries by population
- List of South American countries by population
- List of countries by past and future population
- List of countries by past population (United Nations)
- List of countries by population in 2000
- List of countries by population in 2010