List of Native American actors
This is a list of Native American actors in the United States, including Alaskan Natives and American Indians. Native American identity is a complex and contested issue. The Bureau of Indian Affairs defines Native American as having American Indian or Alaska Native ancestry. Legally, being Native American is defined as being enrolled in a federally recognized tribe or Alaskan village. Ethnologically, factors such as culture, history, language, religion, and familial kinships can influence Native American identity. All individuals on this list should have Native American ancestry. Historical figures might predate tribal enrollment practices and would be included based on ethnological tribal membership, while any contemporary individuals should either be enrolled members of federally recognized tribes or have cited Native American ancestry and be recognized as being Native American by their respective tribes(s). Contemporary unenrolled individuals are listed as being of descent from a tribe.
- Carmen Hart, retired pornographic actress, Lumbee tribe  One of few full-blooded Native Americans in pornography.
- Jack Hoxie, Nez Perce
- Michael Horse, Yaqui, Mescalero Apache, and Zuni
- Branscombe Richmond, Aleut
- Will Rogers (1879–1935), Cherokee film and vaudeville actor, movie producer
- Ned Romero (born 1925) film and television actor, Chitimacha
- Will Sampson, Muscogee (Creek) Nation
- Larry Sellers
- Eddie Spears
- Chaske Spencer, Sioux-Nez Perce-Cherokee-Muscogee Creek-French-Dutch
- Wes Studi, Cherokee Nation
- "IV. Our Nation’s American Indian and Alaska Native Citizens." US Department of the Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
-  "Born in Anchorage, Alaska to a full-blood Inupiat Eskimo mother and a half Cree/half French Canadian father... A manifestation of her love for her Native People is Irene's ongoing involvement in Aboriginal rights and her willingness to be outspoken on issues and at events."
-  "Moses Brings Plenty is a Lakota born at Pine Ridge reservation. Young spiritual leader, he carries within him the voices of his ancestors and particularly Crazy Horse."
- Martindale, David (July 15, 2003). "Meet Tonantzin Carmelo". Tnt.tv. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- Polacca, Benny. "Osage actor stars in cable TV movie this year." Osage News. 7 March 2011. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
-  "Rodney A. Grant is a well-known celebrity in the Native Community. A Native American actor who is in support of Native American issues and is always willing to speak for the Native American people."
-  "Twilight Saga New Moon - Breaking Dawn part 2".
-  "in an interview with LeRoy Sebastian in 1963, he said "Pastor, I am an Indian, and therefore I have lived these many years believing in the Red Man's God..."
- "Michael Horse". Wintertime.com. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
-  "Stephanie Kramer also intends to resume her music career, preparing a new album. Meanwhile, she devotes herself to Indian children. "I'm half Cherokee. I'd like so much for these children, who are a bit mine, to continue their studies. Life is hard In their land ravaged by extreme poverty. Thanks to an official organization, we can help them." The good-hearted actress has even taken a little girl from the Hopi tribe under her wing and she contributes a lot of money."
-  "Over the past 12 years Zahn McClarnon (Hunkpapa Lakota Sioux) has made dozens of appearances on TV, cable network movies and feature films."
-  "The L.A. Times has described him as the most famous American Indian since Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse."
-  "Of Aleut Indian descent, Branscombe has said, "I am a Native American first, last and always.""
- Carter, Joseph H. "Father and Cherokee Tradition Molded Will Rogers." Will Rogers Memorial Museum. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Ned Romero-The Definitive Native American Actor". Wildestwesterns.com. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
-  "Will was a Muscogee Creek Indian born in Okmulgee, Oklahoma, in 1934."
-  "He drew on his heritage as an Osage/Cherokee/Lakota Indian to also become an educator, historian and historical consultant."
-  "Best Actor Native Voice Film Festival 2005 for the lead role in Black Cloud"
- "Interview with a New Moon Werewolf". BettyConfidential.com.com. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Meeting Magua: A Wes Studi Interview". Mohicanpress.com. May 8, 1999. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
-  "Born in Keshena, Wisconsin, Tousey is a Menominee and Stockbridge-Munsee Indian, raised on both the Menominee and Stockbridge-Munsee Reservations."
-  Writer, Director, Producer, Actor, Drydock Film Corporation 2005-2008. Film Credits include: Morning Song Way (20060), SPIES and MOLASSES (not yet released), and MARSHALS, I.T. [not yet released].
- Schmidt, Rob. " Blackfeet Actress Misty Upham On Filming 'Jimmy P.' with Benicio Del Toro." Indian Country Today Media Network. 30 Sept 2013. Accessed 1 Feb 2014.
- "Native American Authors: Floyd Westerman". Ipl.org. Retrieved January 29, 2011.