List of Nikon F-mount lenses with integrated autofocus motor
The following list of Nikon F-mount lenses with integrated autofocus motor includes only Nikon F-mount lenses which fully autofocus in all modes of all Nikon F-mount digital single-lens reflex cameras with and also without an autofocus motor. Without an integrated autofocus motor are the Nikon D40, D40X, D60, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500 models and all Nikon 1 series cameras with FT1 adapter. Fully supporting these cameras all AF-S (introduced 1996) and the older AF-I (introduced 1992) Nikon Nikkor lenses are clearly designated including the necessary autofocus motor. Other manufacturers have different or no designations for lenses including a focus motor. All here not listed AF lenses without an autofocus motor do work fully, but lack autofocus-function on these cameras. Instead an electronic rangefinder can be used to find focus.
Additionally all lenses in this list from Nikon and other manufacturers do integrate a CPU (microprocessor, introduced 1986) and additionally electronically communicate the focus distance information ('D' function, introduced 1992). Therefore all lenses in this list support all Nikon DSLRs with all camera's exposure and Through-the-lens (TTL) metering modes including Matrix Metering mode, and also flash autoexposure like 3D (Color) Matrix Metering, D-TTL and the newer I-TTL also with Creative Lighting System (CLS).
Besides the quality (autofocus speed and noise, optical aberrations and other) of the lens including the way this quality is achieved (used technologies like type of autofocus motor, lens and body design and others), the main functional differences of the lenses in this list are the integration of optical image stabilization ('VR', introduced 2000) and secondly if it fully illuminates a Nikon FX (full-frame, 35mm) image sensor format and smaller sizes or if the specified maximum lens illumination is limited to the Nikon DX format with 1.5x crop factor (by default Nikon FX cameras crop the image automatically).
On September 12, 2014 the list is supposed to be complete including 171 past and present lenses, additionally 28 compatible teleconverters and three lens extension tubes with support for integrated autofocus-motors. Listed here are nearly all recent autofocus-lenses, because all manufacturers except Tokina have included focus motors in their Nikon-compatible lenses for years. The lenses are ordered by manufacturer and minimum and maximum focal length.
- 1 Lens nomenclature
- 2 Nikon Nikkor
- 3 Sigma
- 4 Tamron
- 5 Tokina
- 6 Kenko
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links / reviews
- Nikon AF-S/Sigma HSM/Tamron USD or PZD: The lens contains an integrated ultrasonic focus motor based on piezoelectricity, which enables quiet or low noise autofocus operation. All Nikon zoom AF-lenses have focal length encoders added.
- Nikon AF-I, Sigma/Tamron/Tokina: no designation: The lens contains an integrated focus electric motor. The Nikon type was produced from 1992 to 1996 and is rarely seen.
- Nikon DX/Sigma DC/Tamron Di-II/Tokina DX: Denotes a lens that is designed for APS-C DSLR sensors. Use of this lens on a full-frame (FX) sensor will likely cause vignetting. All full-frame Nikon DSLRs are able to detect DX lenses and crop the image accordingly by default.
- Sigma DG/Tamron Di/Tokina FX: A lens for fullframe DSLRs (FX) or analog film. No special designation for Nikon NIKKOR. All fullframe lenses can be fully used on DX DSLRs with the advantage of reduced vignetting.
- Nikon VR/Sigma OS/Tamron VC/Tokina VCM: Optical image stabilization, Nikon designation 'Vibration Reduction', indicated by green background, a system used to compensate for vibration and other camera movement.
- Nikon D, Sigma/Tamron/Tokina: no designation: The lens is fitted with a CPU and additionally a digital sensor that tells the camera the distance at which it is focused, to allow for better exposure calculation. Although some Nikon DSLRs will not do any exposure metering at all without minimum a 'CPU' lens, all lenses in this list from Nikon and other manufacturers support compatible CPU and 'D' function.
- Nikon G, Sigma/Tamron/Tokina: no designation: The lens is not fitted with an aperture ring, and is thus incompatible with some very old Nikon film SLR bodies. All G-type lenses are also D-type.
- All IF: The lens utilises an internal focus mechanism, which does not extend or rotate the front optical element.
- Nikon ED/Sigma APO/Tamron (X)LD/Tokina SD: Indicates that the lens is fitted with Extra-Low Dispersion glass, which aids in reducing chromatic aberration and flare.
- † : Lens is out of production and is not or extremely rarely available as new.
- Fixed focal length/prime lens
- Wide-angle lens
- Telephoto lens
- Macro lens
- Extension tube
Fixed focal length
- AF-S 20mm f/1.8G ED
- AF-S 24mm f/1.4G ED
- AF-S 28mm f/1.8G
- AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G
- AF-S 35mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 35mm f/1.8G
- AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 50mm f/1.8G
- AF-S 58mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 85mm f/1.4G
- AF-S 85mm f/1.8G
- AF-S 200mm f/2G VR IF-ED
- AF-S 200mm f/2G ED VR II
- AF-I 300mm f/2.8D IF-ED†
- AF-S 300mm f/2.8D IF-ED II
- AF-S 300mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED
- AF-S 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S 300mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-I 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED†
- AF-S 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED†
- AF-S 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED II†
- AF-S 400mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED
- AF-S 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
- AF-I 500mm f/4D IF-ED´†
- AF-S 500mm f/4D IF-ED†
- AF-S 500mm f/4D IF-ED II†
- AF-S 500mm f/4G VR IF-ED
- AF-I 600mm f/4D IF-ED†
- AF-S 600mm f/4D IF-ED†
- AF-S 600mm f/4D IF-ED II†
- AF-S 600mm f/4G VR IF-ED
- AF-S 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR[N 1]
- AF-S DX Micro 40mm f/2.8G
- AF-S Micro 60mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S DX Micro 85mm f/3.5G ED VR
- AF-S Micro 105mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED
- AF-S DX 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED
- AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- AF-S DX 16-85mm VR f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
- AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED†
- AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II
- AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
- AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
- AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
- AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
- AF-S 24–85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR IF
- AF-S 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G VR IF-ED
- AF-S 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- AF-S DX 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
- AF-S DX 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G DX VR IF-ED
- AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR DX II
- AF-S 18–300mm f/3.5-5.6G DX ED VR IF
- AF-S 18–300mm f/3.5-6.3G DX ED VR IF
- AF-S 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nikon lenses.|
- AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
- AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR IF-ED
- AF-S DX 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
- AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED
- AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S 80-200mm f/2.8D ED†
- AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR IF-ED
- AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
- AF-S 200-400mm f/4G VR IF-ED†
- AF-S 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
- AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III[N 2]
- AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED[N 1]
- AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II[N 2]
- AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III (announced, not yet available)[N 3]
- AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II[N 2]
- AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E II[N 2]
- AF-I Teleconverter TC-14E†[N 2]
- AF-I Teleconverter TC-20E†[N 2]
- Teleconverter designed exclusively for the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR.
- Will only mount original Nikon Nikkor AF-S and AF-I lenses (without modification).  Cannot mount lenses which jut out the F-mount. Not recommended for use with Nikkor DX lenses although it works (with modification).
- Although it will physically mount on original Nikon Nikkor AF-S and AF-I lenses (without modification), it is not compatible with AF-I or some older AF-S lenses because two electrical contacts used to pass certain lens information were removed. Cannot mount lenses which jut out the F-mount. Not recommended for use with Nikkor DX lenses although it works (with modification).
Fixed focal length
- 14mm f/2.8 EX HSM RF APO†
- 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM
- 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM "A"
- 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM "A"
- 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM
- 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM "A"
- 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM
- 300mm f/2.8 EX DG APO HSM
- 500mm f/4.5 EX DG HSM APO
- 800mm f/5.6 EX DG APO
- 105mm f/2.8 MACRO EX DG OS HSM
- 150mm f/2.8 APO MACRO EX DG OS HSM
- 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM MACRO
- 180mm f/3.5 APO EX DG IF HSM MACRO†
- 180mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO MACRO
- 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM
- 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM
- 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
- 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG ASPHERICAL HSM
- 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 DG HSM II
- 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX DG ASPHERICAL HSM†
- 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro HSM†
- 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC HSM "for Nikon Only†
- 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
- 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM "C"
- 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM "A"
- 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM MACRO†
- 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM "for Nikon only†
- 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM
- 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC HSM
- 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM
- 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM
- 18-125mm f/3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS†
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM "C"
- 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
- 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM
- 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM "C"
- 50-150mm f/2.8 APO EX DC HSM†
- 50-150mm f/2.8 APO II EX DC HSM
- 50-150mm f/2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM
- 50-200mm f/4-5.6 DC OS HSM
- 55-200mm f/4-5.6 DC HSM (685955)
- 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM
- 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM MACRO
- 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 DG†
- 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG MACRO "With Built-in Motor"
- 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 DG APO Macro
- 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG OS
- 100-300mm f/4 APO EX DG HSM
- 120-300mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM
- 120-300mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM
- 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM "S"
- 50-500mm f/4-6.3 APO EX DG HSM
- 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
- 80-400mm f/4-5.6 EX OS†
- 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG APO OS
- 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 DG OS APO HSM
- 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS APO HSM
- 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM "C"
- 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM "S"
- 300-800 f/5.6 APO EX DG HSM
- TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 1.4x
- TELE CONVERTER TC-2001 2.0x
- TELE CONVERTER APO EX DG 1.4x[S 1]
- TELE CONVERTER APO EX DG 2.0x[S 1]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sigma lenses.|
- Only recommended for a list of lenses and only some of them will autofocus. Needs lenses with integrated motor for AF. Not recommended for use with DX lenses.
- 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 AF Di-II LD (model-B001)
- 15-30mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD SP
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tamron lenses.|
- 17-50mm f/2.8 SP AF XR Di-II LD Aspherical [IF] (A16NII)
- 17-50mm f/2.8 SP AF XR Di II VC LD Aspherical [IF]
- 24-70mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD (Model A007)
- 28-75mm f/2.8 SP AF XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)(A09NII)
- 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 AF XR Di-II (A14NII)
- 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 AF Di-II LD Aspherical Macro NII
- 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 AF Di-II VC LD Aspherical [IF] Macro
- 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 AF Di-II VC PZD
- 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 AF XR Di VC
- 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD (announced, not yet available)
- 70-200mm f/2.8 AF Di LD MACRO
- 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD (Model A009)
- 70-300mm f/4-5.6 AF Di LD Macro (A17NII, with built-in motor)
- 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD SP (XLD,IF) (A005)
- 150-600mm f/5-6.3 SP Di VC USD
- 60mm f/2 SP AF DiII LD (IF) Macro
- 90mm f/2.8 SP AF Di MACRO Model 272ENII
- 90mm f/2.8 SP Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD (Model F004)
- Needs lenses with integrated motor for AF.
- 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X 116 PRO DX II
- 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 PRO DX II
- 12-28mm f/4 AT-X PRO DX
- 16-28mm f/2.8 AT-X PRO FX
- 17-35mm f/4 AT-X PRO FX
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tokina lenses.|
- 70-200mm f/4 AT-X PRO FX VCM-S
- Teleplus Pro 300 1.4x†[K 2]
- Teleplus Pro 300 DG 1.4x
- TelePlus PRO 300 AF DGX 1.4x
- Teleplus Pro 300 2x†[K 2]
- Teleplus Pro 300 DG 2x
- TelePlus PRO 300 AF DGX 2x
- Teleplus Pro 300 3x†[K 3][K 2]
- Teleplus Pro 300 DG 3x[K 3]
- TelePlus MC4 AF DGX 1.4x
- Teleplus MC4 AF DG 2x[K 2]
- TelePlus MC4 AF DGX 2x
- Teleplus MC7 AF DG 2x[K 2]
- TelePlus MC7 AF DGX 2x
- Teleplus K1.5 AF DG 1.5x[K 2]
Lens extension tube
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kenko lenses.|
- AUTO EXTENSION TUBE SET DG 12, 20 and 36mm
- EXTENSION RING UNIPLUS TUBE DG 12
- EXTENSION RING UNIPLUS TUBE DG 25
- All listed Kenko teleconverters support lenses with and without integrated focus-motor, DX lenses as well as lenses which slightly jut out the F-mount.
- Does not correct aperture or focal length.
- Listed by Kenko without support for autofocus, however autofocus will work depending on lens speed, brightness and contrast.
- All listed Kenko lens extension tubes support lenses with and without integrated focus-motor, DX lenses as well as lenses which jut out the F-mount. Affects focus range and aperture.
- Kenrockwell.com: Nikon Lens Compatibility
- Nikon D60 Electronic Rangefinder Dpreview
- Hogan, Thom (May 14, 2014). "Nikon Introduces New 400mm f/2.8, TC-14EIII". DSLRBodies.com. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- Sigmaphoto.com: Lens chart
- Sigma-imaging-uk: Nikon D40, D40x and D60 Compatible Lenses
- Sigma Discontinued Lens Chart Lens-reviews
- Tamron.com: Tamron lens line
- Tokinalens.com: All lenses
- KENKO TELEPLUS CONVERTER FOR DIGITAL SLR CAMERAS
- Kenko Catalog (PDF)
- Nikonians Tele Converter Compatibility Table
- DxOMark Camera Lens Ratings Camera Lens Reviews, Ratings and database (needs Flash)
- Nikon Lens Tests and Reviews Slrgear.com
- All tests/reviews Photozone
- Nikon F-mount lens reviews Lenstip
- Lens Reviews Dpreview
- Interchangeable Lenses Photography Equipment Reviews ePHOTOzine
- Nikon focal length simulator Nikon; needs Flash
|Nikon DSLR timeline (comparison)|