List of visitor attractions in Greater Orlando
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Orlando, Florida attractions)
- Blue Man Group at the Sharp Aquos Theatre, located in Universal CityWalk Orlando, brings the Blue Man Group to Orlando.
- Arabian Nights Dinner Attraction, a dinner theater show in Kissimmee, Florida.
- Black Hammock Airboat Rides includes a airboat rides, free wildlife exhibit, lakeside bar, full service restaurant, venue rental and more. Located in Oviedo, Florida.
- Bok Tower Gardens, located in Lake Wales
- Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens, located in Sanford along Lake Monroe. This 100 acre (400,000 m²) zoo is home to a butterfly garden, herpetarium, and numerous tropical animals. The zoo originally started as a collection in the Sanford Fire Department, but grew into a regional zoo in 1975. It is currently in the planning stages of expansion and renaming the facility to "Zoo Orlando at Sanford".
- Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba, in Downtown Disney West Side, features its renowned blend of acrobatics and special effects with more than 70 artists from around the globe performing in a custom-designed, 1,671-seat theater.
- Discovery Cove, a resort that is part of the SeaWorld Adventure Park complex. Some attraction features are tropical fish in a coral reef, snorkeling with stingrays, and interacting with birds in an aviary, as well as swimming and playing with dolphins during a half-hour session.
- Florida Citrus Tower, a 226-foot (69 m) tall observation tower in Clermont, Florida
- Fun Spot Attractions, a cheaper alternative to the major theme parks of Orlando with one location just off of International Drive in Orlando and one off of U.S. Route 192 in Kissimmee.
- Gatorland houses thousands of alligators and crocodiles. A few of Gatorland's residents have made wrangling appearances in movies, television shows and commercial spots. The park, founded in 1949, combines a petting zoo, bird sanctuary, mini-water park, eco-tour and outdoor entertainment, including daily alligator wrestling.
- The Holy Land Experience is a biblical theme park and museum complex.
- Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine, a minor basilica located in the theme park area of Orlando
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, in Kissimmee. Six brave knights on horseback compete in tournament games, jousting, and sword fighting while guests dine on a medieval-style banquet.
- Presidents Hall of Fame in Clermont, Florida is a one-of-a-kind exhibits dedicated to presidential and patriotic displays representing all 44 Presidents, their First Ladies and families, as well as important events in the history of our nation.
- Ripley's Believe It or Not an attraction museum of over 500 exhitbits and artifacts from around the world and throughout time, including over 24 interactives.
- Scenic Boat Tours is a boat tour established in Winter Park, Florida, just north of Orlando, in 1938. The tour, on 18-passenger pontoon boats, take visitors through the beauty of three of the seven Winter Park chain of lakes and two connecting canals.
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Trapeze Federation offers instructional Flying Trapeze classes to participants of all levels, ages 5 years and older. Located just south of International Drive on Kirkman Road.
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Walt Disney World Resort
- Wet 'n Wild Orlando A large waterpark located just minutes from Universal Studios on International Drive
- WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind located on International Drive with over 100 interactive exhibits for visitors of all ages to explore.
 Museums and galleries
- Anita S. Wooten Gallery, a free and open-to-the-public art gallery located in the East Campus of Valencia Community College
- Cpl. Larry E. Smedley National Vietnam War Museum, a Vietnam War museum located in East Orlando.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is a 50-acre (200,000 m2) botanical gardens in Winter Park, Florida just north of Orlando, also features the Leu House Museum, furnished to the early 1900s
- Mennello Museum of American Art
- Orange County Regional History Center, a museum about Central Florida history located in Downtown Orlando.
- Orlando Museum of Art
- Orlando Science Center
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! is an Orlando odditorium located on International Drive in a building artfully constructed to appear as if it were collapsing to one side, which may be a sly reference to central Florida's infamous sinkholes. Visitors can explore bizarre artifacts, strange collections, weird art/hobbies and interactive exhibits in sixteen odd galleries. It is one of 27 Ripley museums in ten countries.
- Titanic The Experience, on International Drive, is an interactive museum located on International Drive featuring RMS Titanic artifacts and galleries with dinner shows once a week.
- Train Land International, a model train museum located on International Drive, Orlando
- University of Central Florida Art Gallery is a freeart gallery located at the Visual Arts Building (VAB) at the UFC campus in East Orlando.
- Wells’Built Museum of African American History and Culture is located in a historic hotel on South Street, just west of the Amway Center in Downtown Orlando
- B-52 Memorial Park
- Church Street Station (Orlando), a historic train depot in Downtown Orlando
- SAK Comedy Lab, a 200-seat Improv theater in Downtown Orlando
 Defunct attractions
 See also
- "Home". Arabian Nights Official Website. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Home". Black Hammock Airboat Rides Official Website.
- "Locations". Funspot Attractions. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Presidents Hall of Fame". Lake County Government Website. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Home". Presidents Hall of Fame Official Website. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Home". Scenic Boat Tours, a Winter Park Tradition. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Anita S. Wooten Gallery". Valencia Community College. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Cpl. Larry E. Smedley National Vietnam War Museum". Museums USA.org. Retrieved on 2012-01-15
- Official Website. Menello Museum. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Home:Welcome". Orange County Regional History Center. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "The Exhibition". Titanic The Experience Official Website. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- information "Another Roadside Attraction - Train Land International". After Disney, Exploring the Other Orlando. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Train Land International". The Orlando Guide. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "UCF Art Gallery". Retrieved on 2013-01-15.