List of visitor attractions in Greater Orlando
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Orlando, Florida attractions)
- Bok Tower Gardens, located in Lake Wales
- Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens, located in Sanford along Lake Monroe. This 100 acre (400,000 m²) zoo is home to a butterfly garden, herpetarium, and numerous tropical animals. The zoo originally started as a collection in the Sanford Fire Department, but grew into a regional zoo in 1975. It is currently in the planning stages of expansion and renaming the facility to "Zoo Orlando at Sanford".
- Florida Citrus Tower, a 226-foot (69 m) tall observation tower in Clermont, Florida
- Gatorland houses thousands of alligators and crocodiles. A few of Gatorland's residents have made wrangling appearances in movies, television shows and commercial spots. The park, founded in 1949, combines a petting zoo, bird sanctuary, mini-water park, eco-tour and outdoor entertainment, including daily alligator wrestling.
- The Holy Land Experience is a biblical theme park and museum complex.
- Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine, a minor basilica located in the theme park area of Orlando
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, in Kissimmee. Six brave knights on horseback compete in tournament games, jousting, and sword fighting while guests dine on a medieval-style banquet.
- Pirate’s Dinner Adventure
- Ripley's Believe It or Not an attraction museum of over 500 exhitbits and artifacts from around the world and throughout time, including over 24 interactives.
- WonderWorks with over 100 interactive exhibits
- Wet 'n Wild Orlando (now an offsite part of Universal Orlando)
Museums and galleries
- Anita S. Wooten Gallery, a free and open-to-the-public art gallery located in the East Campus of Valencia Community College
- Fort Christmas
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is a 50-acre (200,000 m2) botanical gardens in Winter Park, Florida just north of Orlando, also features the Leu House Museum, furnished to the early 1900s
- Larry E. Smedley National Vietnam War Museum, a Vietnam War museum located in East Orlando.
- Mennello Museum of American Art
- Orange County Regional History Center, a museum about Central Florida history located in Downtown Orlando.
- Orlando Museum of Art
- Orlando Science Center
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! is located on International Drive in a building constructed to appear as if it were collapsing to one side.
- Titanic The Experience, on International Drive, is an interactive museum located on International Drive featuring RMS Titanic artifacts and galleries with dinner shows once a week.
- University of Central Florida Art Gallery is a freeart gallery located at the Visual Arts Building (VAB) at the UCF campus in East Orlando.
- Well'sBuilt Museum of African American History and Culture is located in a historic hotel on South Street, just west of the Amway Center in Downtown Orlando
- B-52 Memorial Park
- Church Street Station, a historic train depot in Downtown Orlando
- SAK Comedy Lab, a 200-seat Improv theater in Downtown Orlando
- Arabian Nights Dinner Show, a dinner theater show in Kissimmee, closed at the end of 2013
- Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede
- King Henry’s Feast
- Mystery Fun House
- Splendid China
- Xanadu Houses
- Visit Orlando: Estimated Attraction Attendance, accessed January 2014
- "Anita S. Wooten Gallery". Valencia Community College. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Cpl. Larry E. Smedley National Vietnam War Museum". Museums USA.org. Retrieved on 2012-01-15
- Official Website. Menello Museum. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "Home:Welcome". Orange County Regional History Center. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "The Exhibition". Titanic The Experience Official Website. Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- "UCF Art Gallery". Retrieved on 2013-01-15.
- Orlando Sentinel, Arabian Nights, longtime dinner show, closing Dec. 31, November 29, 2013