List of Peanuts characters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Character||Date Introduced||Last appearance||Description|
|Charlie Brown||1950-10-02October 2, 1950||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||The main character|
|Patty||1950-10-02October 2, 1950||1985-11-22November 27, 1997||An early character who doesn't listen to others|
|Shermy||1950-10-02October 2, 1950||1969-06-15June 15, 1969||An early character, one of the original four characters|
|Snoopy||1950-10-04October 4, 1950||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||Charlie Brown's lovable dog|
|Violet Gray||1951-02-07February 7, 1951||1985-11-22November 27, 1997||Lucy's and Patty's friend; one of the first characters in Peanuts; a mean and snobby girl. Only character that has a major outfit change (purple dress to green)|
|Schroeder||1951-05-30May 30, 1951||1999-09-12September 12, 1999||The piano-playing character; Lucy's love interest; admirer of Beethoven; Charlie Brown's second best friend after Linus|
|Lucy van Pelt||1952-03-03March 3, 1952||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||Linus' older sister; a bossy, crabby girl|
|Linus van Pelt||1952-09-19September 19, 1952||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||Charlie Brown's blanket-toting best friend; Sally's love interest|
|Pig-Pen||1954-07-13July 13, 1954||1999-09-08September 8, 1999||The dusty character|
|Sally Brown||1959-08-23August 23, 1959||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||Charlie Brown's younger sister who has a crush on Linus|
|Frieda||1961-03-06March 6, 1961||1985-11-22November 22, 1985||The girl with "naturally curly hair"|
|Peppermint Patty||1966-08-22August 22, 1966||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||Marcie's bossy best friend; a freckle-faced tomboy who likes Charlie Brown; calls Charlie Brown 'Chuck'|
|Woodstock||1966-03-17March 17, 1966||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||Snoopy's best friend; a yellow bird|
|Franklin||1968-07-31July 31, 1968||1999-09-12November 5, 1999||The African-American child, known for his often bemused reaction to the strange characters around him.|
|Marcie||1968-06-18July 20, 1971||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||The bespectacled character; Peppermint Patty's best friend; calls Peppermint Patty "Sir"; secretly likes Charlie Brown|
|Rerun van Pelt||1973-03-26March 26, 1973||2000-02-13February 13, 2000||Younger brother of Linus and Lucy|
|Eudora||1978-06-13June 13, 1978||1987-06-13June 13, 1987||A girl Sally met at a camp who moved down the street|
|Peggy Jean||1990-07-23July 23, 1990||1999-07-11July 11, 1999||Charlie Brown's girlfriend in the 1990s after the Little Red-Haired Girl|
Main article: List of minor characters in Peanuts
- Roy: Friend of Peppermint Patty and Franklin; seen at camp with Charlie Brown
- Charlotte Braun: An early, short-lived female clone of Charlie Brown
- Kite-Eating Tree: A large tree that eats kites; often depicted with large teeth and grins
- Oliver: One of Woodstock's friends.
Main article: Snoopy's siblings
- Andy: Snoopy's brother; fuzzy, lives with Olaf
- Marbles: Snoopy's brother; the smarter brother, has brown ears, spotted fur
- Spike: Snoopy's brother; whiskers and hat (fedora), lives in the desert, very thin
- Olaf: Snoopy's brother; fat, usually seen with brother Andy
- Belle: Snoopy's sister; wears a pink dress, looks like Snoopy, but with long eyelashes
- Rover and Molly: Snoopy's brother and sister; only seen in the 1991 special Snoopy's Reunion, never seen in the strip
- Missy and Baxter: Snoopy's parents; father wears glasses and has a moustache, mother looks like Snoopy
- Adults implied in the strip (but not seen) include: all of the characters' parents; Linus van Pelt's teacher Miss Othmar; Miss Halverson (Miss Othmar's replacement); Charlie Brown's baseball hero Joe Shlabotnik; Schroeder's composer idol Beethoven; and Linus' blanket-hating grandmother. Adults in most of the Peanuts animated cartoons are only heard by the unintelligible (to the audience) sounds of a trombone (woh-woh-woh).
- The Little Red-Haired Girl (Charlie Brown's crush), seen in many animated television specials where she was known as "Heather", but was never seen in the strip itself (except once in silhouette).
- The Great Pumpkin, whom Linus believes appears in the most sincere pumpkin patch to deliver presents to good children.
- The Red Baron, arch-enemy of the World War I flying ace, one of Snoopy's alter egos.
- The Cat Next Door debuted October 20, 1976. The Cat bullies Snoopy.