List of Pittsburgh neighborhoods
This is a list of neighborhoods in the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Generally neighborhood development followed ward boundaries, although the City Planning Commission has defined some neighborhood areas. The map of neighborhoods presented here is based on the official designations from the City of Pittsburgh.
List of municipalities annexed
- Pitt, Peebles, Liberty, Collins and Oakland in 1868
- South Pittsburgh, Monongahela, Allentown, St. Clair, Lawrenceville, Temperanceville, Birmingham, Sligo, Mount Washington, West Pittsburgh and Ormsby in 1872
- Garfield in 1881
- Brushton in 1894
- Beltzhoover in 1897
- Allegheny in 1907
- Beechview and West Liberty in 1908
- Lower St. Clair Township in 1924
- Carrick in 1927
- Overbrook in 1930
- History of Pittsburgh
- North Hills (Pennsylvania)
- Penn Hills, Pennsylvania
- South Hills (Pennsylvania)
- Jones, Diana N. (June 5, 2006). "Defining city neighborhoods an imprecise process". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved December 7, 2009.
- "City of Pittsburgh Maps". City of Pittsburgh. Retrieved December 7, 2009.
- "The Growth of Pittsburgh: Annexation and Population".