List of Puella Magi Madoka Magica characters
The following is a list of characters from the anime and manga series, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and its two spin-off manga series, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice and Puella Magi Oriko Magica. The series revolve around magical girls who are granted any single wish in exchange for fighting against evil beings known as witches.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica characters
- Madoka Kaname (鹿目 まどか Kaname Madoka?)
- Voiced by: Aoi Yūki (Japanese), Christine Marie Cabanos (English)
- Madoka is a 12-year-old girl who comes from a loving family. Her life changes when she encounters the magical girl Homura and the incubator Kyubey, who offers to transform her into a magical girl. She sees herself as a person without special qualities or talents, and after seeing Mami fighting against witches, aspires to become a magical girl like her. She is a kind and gentle person that is averse to fighting. She hopes that the magical girls will support each other, sometimes even putting her own life at risk to help them. After witnessing Mami's death, she grows uncertain about becoming a magical girl, growing ever more hesitant as the true cost of the role is revealed to her.
- In previous timelines, Madoka became a magical girl in a pink dress wielding a rose-topped bow and arrow. In the drama CD, "Memories of You," it is revealed that the wish in the first timeline was to save a cat named Amy from death. However, every time, she was either killed or transformed into a witch named Kriemhild Gretchen, one that became ever more powerful with each time reset. In the current timeline before the final episode, Kyuubey claims that Madoka has an impossibly large amount of potential for magic, going so far as to claim that she could become god. The reason for this is unclear, since her life so far has been relatively average and free of tragedies. This is later revealed to be due to her accumulated misfortune, which was caused as a result of Homura repeatedly resetting time, with Madoka's fate getting worse with each timeline, making her magic power grow exponentially with each reset. In the first timeline, she still possesses a high amount of power, being able to defeat Walpurgisnacht (ワルプルギスの夜 Warupurugisu no Yoru?), though dying in the process. Subsequently, by the current timeline, she has the potential to be the most powerful magical girl to date. Towards the end, she learns of this and Homura's efforts to save her. After seeing the suffering of magical girls throughout history, Madoka decides to make her wish: to prevent all magical girls from the past, present, future and all other timelines, from ever becoming witches. The laws of the universe are rewritten such that at the moment that a soul gem becomes black with anguish, Madoka appears and purifies it before the magical girl passes on. As a result of this wish, she becomes an omnipotent being, named Ultimate Madoka, that exists for all time, erasing her pre-ascension existence from the world, leaving only Homura, and to some extent her little brother, with the memory of her.
- Homura Akemi (暁美 ほむら Akemi Homura?)
- Voiced by: Chiwa Saitō (Japanese), Cristina Vee (English)
- Homura is a magical girl who first appears in an apocalyptic nightmare of Madoka's. She transfers into Madoka's school the day after the dream. She is unnaturally good at everything she does, including academics and sports. This makes her instantly popular even though she is cold to others. Homura's indifferent personality is the result of her failures while going through multiple timelines. Originally a shy girl, she was befriended by Madoka and eventually saved from a witch by her and Mami, who revealed that they were magical girls. When Mami died in the fight with the rampaging witch Walpurginacht, Madoka sacrificed her life to stop it. Homura, overcome by grief and uselessness, contracted with Kyuubey in order to become a person that could protect Madoka, just as Madoka protected her. Her wish was to be able to go back to her original meeting with Madoka, leading Homura to receive a power to manipulate time. Homura cares deeply for Madoka and never gives up trying to save her. She tries again and again to prevent Madoka from being killed, or, becoming a magical girl in the first place, but time after time, fails to save her. She always returns to the hospital where she awoke after her heart disease subsided.
- Her magical weapon is a shield filled with sand that allows her to freeze time. However, this power becomes useless if she is physically restrained as she cannot turn her shield to activate it. She can also use this shield to block projectiles and store the various infinite amount of weapons that she carries. Since her shield and magic has no offensive capability, she instead attacks using stolen firearms and homemade explosives while time is stopped. None of the girls actually know what weapons she has, since she only uses them while time is stopped. Once the sand on her shield runs out, Homura must reset the timeline. In the final timeline, she inherits Madoka's rose bow and arrows along with a set of white wings.
- Sayaka Miki (美樹 さやか Miki Sayaka?)
- Voiced by: Eri Kitamura (Japanese), Sarah Williams (English)
- Sayaka is Madoka's classmate and best friend. She is a lively tomboy with strong ideals of love and lawfulness. After helping Madoka rescue Kyuubey, she contracts with him to grant her wish to heal the wounded hand of Kyōsuke Kamijo, a young violinist that she is infatuated with, visiting him daily in the hospital. As a magical girl, Sayaka's weapon of choice is a cutlass, being able to produce multiples of them at a time. She also has an extraordinary regenerative ability due to the healing nature of her wish. Sayaka insists that her wish is selfless and feels that fighting witches to save people is a bonus, even after witnessing Mami's death. As Sayaka's ideals are put against the reality of her wish's consequences and the stress of fighting, her view of the world is slowly corrupted. She becomes hateful and distrustful towards others, including Madoka, whom she lashes out at and accuses of being selfish. After learning that her soul is no longer in her body, but in her soul gem, making her believe that she is a zombie, while her friend Hitomi competes for the love of Kyōsuke,she falls into isolation and refuses all help. In her despair, she loses faith in humanity and justice, making her give up on her ideals and herself, subsequently her soul gem becomes fully corrupted, turning into a grief seed, making her become Oktavia von Seckendorff (オクタヴィア・フォン・ゼッケンドルフ Okutavia Fon Zekkendorufu?), an armored mermaid witch with her barrier resembling a concert hall, where a figure similar to Kyōsuke is playing among faceless figures. Though Kyoko and Madoka attempt to communicate with her, they realize that they can't do anything to save Sayaka. Kyoko, then overloads her magic, destroying herself and Sayaka. Despite Madoka reworking the world in the final timeline, Madoka did not undo Sayaka's wish, thus Sayaka ended up disappearing after exhausting her Soul Gem.
- Mami Tomoe (巴 マミ Tomoe Mami?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi (Japanese), Carrie Keranen (English)
- Mami is a veteran magical girl and a third-year student at Madoka's school. She lives alone in a penthouse after the death of her parents in a car accident, during which she was only able to survive by contracting with Kyuubey to save her own life. Her magical abilities revolve around yellow ribbons, which can suspend enemies and be manipulated to produce nearly infinite amounts of Tanegashima-like flintlock rifles, as well as also possessing healing magic. Mami is particularly focused on saving those around her, with a traditionally selfless perspective on the role of magical girl, and has a habit of giving names to her finishing attacks. She had previously been Kyōko's partner but was left alone after Kyōko changed her ideals. Though her outward disposition is cheery and confident, inside Mami feels deeply alone as she has no friends to confide in or support her as she fights. Madoka offers to become her partner and save her from her loneliness, but Mami is subsequently killed by a witch named Charlotte, never knowing the darker truths concerning Soul Gems and origins of witches. In one timeline, she had learned the truth, and this caused her to breakdown mentally, which resulted in her killing Kyoko, and then attempting to kill the others, along with herself herself. However, Yukihiro Miyamoto (the series director of Puella Magi Madoka Magica) explains that Mami carried out that action with a calm judgment, as opposed to being driven insane.  In the final timeline, Mami is still alive and fights along Homura and Kyōko.
- Kyōko Sakura (佐倉 杏子 Sakura Kyōko?)
- Voiced by: Ai Nonaka (Japanese), Lauren Landa (English)
- Kyōko is a veteran magical girl who comes to the city following Mami's death. Her distinguishing features include long red hair, fang, and a voracious appetite, almost never being seen without food. She came from a poor church family and used her wish so that people would listen to her father's preaching; when her father learned of this, however, he went mad and killed everyone in his family aside from Kyōko. As such, Kyōko decided only to use her magic for herself from this point on, since using it for others will only cause despair. Having grown up in a poor family, she often has to steal food and hates people who waste it, a logic she also applies to Grief Seeds, as she only goes after fully grown witches.
- Kyōko has been a magical girl much longer than the others, and thus is more skillful; she wields a spear which can extend itself, split into multiple sections, and produce a ball at the end of a chain, which can constrict and hit others at the same time. She also has the ability to put up barriers to protect others or keep them from interfering. She initially clashes with Sayaka, but after learning the truth about Soul Gems, she sympathizes with her and tries to help her. This is partially because Sayaka reminds Kyōko of her past self, as she too had made a wish for another person's sake and tried to fight for justice. Thus, she wants to stop Sayaka from making what she believes is the same mistake and advises her to live a life of selfishness. Even though Sayaka thanks Kyōko and admits that she misunderstood her, Sayaka refuses to abandon her ideals of justice. After Sayaka becomes a witch, Kyōko becomes determined to save her and restore her to normal, but ultimately Kyōko sacrifices herself in the fight so that Sayaka will not die alone. She overloads her soul gem to create a massive explosion that kills them both. In a previous timeline, she was killed by Mami, who was driven insane after learning that they would all eventually become witches. In the final timeline, Kyōko survives, and grieves over Sayaka's death in battle.
- Prior to the storyline, Kyōko was previously Mami's partner and also possessed illusional magic gained from her wish of deception, allowing her to make copies of herself. However, following the death of her family, she subconsciously lost her illusion magic and decided to be more selfish with her magic, ending her partnership with Mami. This relationship is explored in the third drama CD, the PSP game and the Different Story manga. In the PSP game, her witch form is Ophelia, depicted as a horse rider with a candlestick for a head.
- Kyuubey (キュゥべえ Kyūbē?) / Incubator (インキュベーター Inkyubētā?)
- Voiced by: Emiri Katō (Japanese), Cassandra Lee (English)
- Kyuubey is a genderless extra terrestrial being posing as a familiar who can grant any wish to a certain girl, on the condition that she become a magical girl and fight against witches. When the chosen girl makes a contract with him, he extracts her soul and places it inside a Soul Gem, reconstructing their body into a shell that is more resilient in order to fight witches. He constantly tries to get Madoka to make a contract with him, as she allegedly possesses great magical potential within her that would allow her to become the most powerful magical girl. He can only be seen or heard by magical girls and those with "magical" potential, and is able to communicate with them telepathically. Kyuubey has an unknown but possibly infinite number of bodies; when one is killed, another body appears and devours the destroyed body.
- Kyuubey's true name, or at least job title, is Incubator, and comes from a race whose goal is to find and gather a form of energy to counter entropy and prevent the impending heat death of the universe, developing a technology to turn emotions into this energy. After evaluating many species throughout the universe, the Incubators find that the souls of humans, specifically pubescent and prepubescent girls, contain the most powerful form of this energy. This energy is the strongest when a magical girl's Soul Gem turns into a Grief Seed, and then can be collected and used towards preventing entropy. Kyuubey claims his race lacks emotions (or, at least, that those in his race who have emotions are abnormal), and has little understanding of human values and morality, not understanding why the death of one human among billions is viewed so catastrophically, instead believing the Incubators' actions are not cruel but utilitarian in nature. Despite this, Kyubey is a very skilled manipulator, never actually lying, but instead leaving out important details involved in the forming of contracts and the details behind them, only presenting the truth when it is asked of him. According to Kyuubey, the very existence of the Magi-Witch system is what allowed the evolution of mankind's civilization, as many of the main events in human history have had magical girls involved. Despite answering all questions posed to him, there is still much about the universe that Kyuubey has not spoken of.
- In Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, Kyuubey also appears as the contractor of all the magical girls in Asanaru City, including the Pleiades Saints. When the Pleiades learnt the truth about magical girls, they took one of Kyuubey's corpses and manufactured their own Incubator named Juubey, who could absorb darkness from Soul Gems. Furthermore, they had Umika cast a spell that would make Kyuubey invisible to all other girls in the city and rewrite their own memories to believe they contracted with Juubey, in an attempt to stop more witches from being born. This ultimately backfires as Juubey turns out to be a failure.
- Kyōsuke Kamijō (上条 恭介 Kamijō Kyōsuke?)
- Voiced by: Seiko Yoshida (Japanese), Marianne Miller (English)
- A boy whom Sayaka constantly visits in hospital. He used to be a violin player, but an accident crippled him and destroyed the feeling in his fingers, making him unable to play an instrument again. Sayaka uses her wish to cure his hand, allowing him to play the violin once more. Despite this, he inevitably ends up dating Hitomi, which causes Sayaka to fall into despair and turn into a witch. In the alternate timeline depicted in The Different Story, Kyōsuke is told by Madoka about Sayaka healed his hand with magic, though Sayaka ends up transforming into a witch before he can learn the true story.
- Hitomi Shizuki (志筑 仁美 Shizuki Hitomi?)
- Voiced by: Ryōko Shintani (Japanese), Shelby Lindley (English)
- Madoka and Sayaka's classmate and friend who is quite popular with the boys, although sometimes feels left out of Madoka and Sayaka's friendship. At one point in the plot, she and numerous other people are possessed by a witch named H.N Elly (Kirsten) and attempt to commit suicide by entering a mostly sealed warehouse and starting a reaction of bleach and ammonia, producing chlorine gas. Madoka, who throws the reaction container out a window before anyone is killed, saves her life just before getting caught in the witch's labyrinth, where she is further rescued by Sayaka when she arrives to kill the witch and save Madoka. It is later revealed that she is also in love with Kyōsuke, and her confidence in being able to confess her feelings outshines Sayaka's own insecurities of possessing a soulless body, contributing to the latter's despair. She is seen at Sayaka's funeral, clutching Kamijo's shoulder and crying, though their faces are both shadowed over.
- Junko Kaname (鹿目 詢子 Kaname Junko?)
- Voiced by: Yūko Gotō (Japanese), Carrie Savage (English)
- Madoka's mother, an executive who wears a lot of makeup and sometimes comes home drunk, making it hard to wake her up in the morning. Aside from this, she is a caring and gentle person and often gives Madoka advice whenever she is troubled.
- Tomohisa Kaname (鹿目 知久 Kaname Tomohisa?)
- Voiced by: Tetsuya Iwanaga (Japanese), Kyle Hebert (English)
- Madoka's father, who seems to be the one in charge of the house.
- Tatsuya Kaname (鹿目 タツヤ Kaname Tatsuya?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi (Japanese), Stephanie Sheh (English)
- Madoka's younger brother. He is also the only other person that remembers Madoka besides Homura after she formed a contract with Kyubey.
- Kazuko Saotome (早乙女 和子 Saotome Kazuko?)
- Voiced by: Junko Iwao (Japanese), Karen Strassman (English)
- Madoka's teacher, who constantly has trouble keeping a boyfriend. She is good friends with Junko.
- Nagisa Momoe (百江 なぎさ Momoe Nagisa?)
- Voiced by: Kana Asumi
- A young magical girl who appears in Rebellion. The reason she has appeared and the wish she made was a rumor that was formerly announced. In the original world, she became the dessert witch, Charlotte (シャルロッテ Sharurotte?), who was the one responsible for killing Mami. In Rebellion, she becomes Mami's pet and assist her in hunting the Nightmares. She is also a target of Homura in an attempt to change the timeline.
Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice characters
- Kazumi (かずみ?)
- The main protagonist of Puella Magi Kazumi Magica and a magical girl with no memories besides her name, though she slowly starts to regain her memories as she fights alongside her friends, Umika and Kaoru. She wears bells on her ears that can sometimes change things according to her wishes, and an ahoge that allegedly can detect witches. She often judges people to be bad or good depending on whether they waste food. When transformed, she dons a black outfit with a witch's hat and fights using a large cross. As a result of her memory loss, she does not remember the wish she made as she never told Umika or Kaoru what is was. As a result of absorbing Evil Nuts from Airi, she occasionally enters a rabid state. It is soon revealed by Satomi that Kazumi was originally a magical girl named Michiru Kazusa, who had died when she turned into a witch. The Pleiades decided to make clones of her, filling her corpse with the flesh of witches and having memories implanted by Umika, Kazumi being the 13th clone made. During the climax, as Kazumi was technically a man-made magical girl who hadn't made a contract, she becomes a true magical girl with the simple wish to become human.
- Umika Misaki (御崎 海香 Misaki Umika?)
- Kazumi's friend and a middle school student who lives in her home with Kazumi and Kaoru and is also a magical who is part of a seven girl group known as the Pleiades Saints. She is a best-selling novelist as a result of using her wish to meet with an editor who would recognize her talent. She uses a magical book which allows her to read a witch's mind, allowing her to determine its weakness. Whenever she has writer's block, she grows horns and enters a fierce cooking phase before going on a shopping spree. She gained the ability to rewrite memories, using it on Jubey to prevent him from making further contracts.
- Kaoru Maki (巻 カオル Maki Kaoru?)
- Umika and Kazumi's friend, a magical girl who lives with them. She enjoys playing soccer, but got injured in a match, which placed a heavy burden on the person who tackled her that she felt guilty about. She wished to help those that were hurt that day, which resulted in her possessing great leg strength. In battle, she is able to form powerful armor around her limbs.
- Saki Asami (浅海 サキ Asami Saki?)
- An intelligent magical girl who is the leader of the Pleiades Saints and has a strong desire to protect Kazumi. After the death of her sister, she became a magical girl after being saved by Kazumi, wishing for the flower she left behind to bloom forever. When she learned of the nature of the magical girl's transformation into witches, she and the other Pleiades Saints began removing Soul Gems from other magical girls and preserving their bodies so that they would not become witches, hoping for a way to make them human again. It's implied that she was in love with Michiru, the original Kazumi, which makes her unable to kill the failed clones. Inevitably, she is turned into a witch when Nico forces an Evil Nut into her.
- Mirai Wakaba (若葉 みらい Wakaba Mirai?)
- One of the Pleiades Saints, who often acts like a rich kid and tends to whack Kazumi on the head whenever she doubts herself. She has the ability to summon large amounts of teddy bears to overwhelm the enemy. She used her wish to have a museum for all her teddy bears. In the past, she was a shy girl who didn't really have any friends, similar to Homura. She was in love with Saki but was ultimately killed by her when she turned into a witch.
- Satomi Usagi (宇佐木 里美 Usagi Satomi?)
- A polite magical girl. When she was unable to help a pet cat, she used her wish to gain the ability to talk to animals as she wants to become a vet when she grows up. Her magic allows her to control other people. Similar to Mami in the original series, she is shown to become mentally unstable when she learns the truth about witches and sees Kazumi as a witch who only looks like a human. Revealing the truth to Kazumi about her true nature, Satomi attempts to kill Kazumi using other failed clones; however, during the battle, her Soul Gem begins to crack despite not having any visible corruption, and she transforms into a witch who is soon killed by Kazumi.
- Nico Kanna (神流 ニコ Kanna Niko?)
- A dry-witted magical girl who often speaks in blunt statements, real name Kanna Hijiri. Having falling into depression after accidentally killing two other girls in a gun tragedy when she was young, she became a magical girl to escape from reality, creating a clone of herself to take her place in her family to experience the happiness she couldn't, whilst she took on the name of Nico (lit. 'number two') to fight witches. Her magic involves reconstructing materials into other objects such as missiles or clones. She ended up transforming into a witch following a battle against the Sōju sister, during which Kanna replaced her in the group.
- Michiru Kazusa (和紗 ミチル Kazusa Michiru?)
- Michiru was the magical girl who Kazumi was based on. She had become a magical girl after making a contract with Kyubey to allow her grandmother to live her final day in peace. Having previously been rescued by Mami beforehand, Michiru had taken on her trait of naming her special abilities. It was Michiru who saved the Pleiades Saints and convinced them to become magical girls. However, she soon transformed into a witch, leading the Pleiades to learn the truth behind magical girls. Choosing to reject the system, the Pleiades attempted to revive Michiru, eventually leading to the creation of Kazumi.
- Juubey (ジュゥべえ Jūbē?)
- An incubator who contracted the Pleiades Saints, turning them into magical girls. He can absorb the darkness from Soul Gems directly into his black fur. After he revealed the true nature of magical girls to the Pleiades, Umika rewrote his memories, preventing him from making any further contracts. He was created by Nico using one of Kyuubey's corpses so they wouldn't have to use Grief Seeds. In the end, Juubey eventually dissolved and it is revealed that his cleaning of Soul Gems only polished the surface.
- Kanna Hijiri (聖 カンナ Hijiri Kanna?)
- The series' main antagonist. Having been cloned from the original Kanna, Nico, Kanna lived her life with general happiness. When she learned of her true nature after spotting Nico in battle, Kanna swore to get revenge, making a contract with Juubey to become a magical girl by wishing to have the ability to 'connect' to others without drawing attention. Using this ability, she created the Evil Nuts and used Yuri and the Soju sisters to exhaust the Pleiades' Soul Gems, taking Nico's place when she turned into a witch herself. Learning about Kazumi, Kanna made plans to bring about a new species of humans called 'Hyades'. Her Connect ability also extends to her magic, allowing her to connect to various things, such as making witches obey her. She inevitably uses this power to combine several witches into the Dawn of Hyades.
- Yūri (ユウリ?) / Airi Anri (杏里 あいり Anri Airi?)
- An evil magical girl who targets Kazumi in an attempt to get revenge on the Pleiades Saints. She is able to create Evil Nuts, which she uses on humans to produce pseudo-witches that prey on their desires. Her true identity is that of the real Yūri's best friend, Airi, who suffered from a terminal disease but was cured by Yūri when she became a magical girl. However, when Yūri transformed into a witch and was forced to be killed by the Pleiades Saints, Airi swore revenge on the Pleiades and made a contract with Kyuubey to take Yūri's form, targeting Kazumi so they can feel the pain of losing someone precious. She attempts to kill Kazumi, but in the end she ends up using too much magical power and transforms into a witch too, who Kazumi is forced to kill.
- Yūri Asuka (飛鳥 ユウリ Asuka Yūri?)
- Airi's best friend who had desires of becoming a famous chef. When Airi was diagnosed with a terminal illness that would kill her in a short while, Yūri made a contract to become a magical girl in order to cure her of her illness. She had often used her powers as a magical girl to go around curing other ill children. However, this proved to be too much for her, as she soon transformed into a witch and was killed by the Pleiades Saints. The real Yūri is only seen in flashbacks, as the evil magical girl known as Yūri is not the true Yūri, but actually her friend Airi, who was led to believe by Kyuubey that she had been wrongfully murdered. Thus, she took on the name and appearance of Yūri to get revenge on the Pleiades Saints.
- Sōichirō Tachibana (立花 宗一郎 Tachibana Sōichirō?)
- A man who discovers Kazumi inside a briefcase which was supposed to contain a bomb he had intended to use to blow a place up. After Kazumi sees good in him and prevents him from being set up by a possessed detective, he becomes the manager of an ice cream store.
- Misako Ishijima (石島 美佐子 Ishijima Misako?)
- Misako is a detective investigating the disappearance of several girls, following the disappearance of her friend, Remi, who had allegedly became a magical girl. During the first chapter, she had been possessed by a psuedo-witch and had attempted to kill Kazumi, but was stopped after she remembered her magical girl's abilities.
- Ayase Sōju (双樹 あやせ Sōju Ayase?) and Ruka Sōju (双樹 ルカ Sōju Ruka?)
- Ayase is a magical girl who goes around picking the Soul Gems out of other magical girls. Her body actually resides two souls, Ayase and Ruka, each with their own transformations. They are defeated with a joint attack done by Kazumi and Nico.
Puella Magi Oriko Magica characters
- Oriko Mikuni (美国 織莉子 Mikuni Oriko?)
- A magical girl with the ability to see into the future. She looked up to her father who was a government official, until he hung himself after being caught doing illegal business, which in turn left Oriko betrayed by her classmates. She made a contract to Kyubey wishing to know the meaning of life, gaining the ability to see into the future, which also gives her foresight in battles where she attacks using metal orbs. After seeing a vision of a witch — Kriemhild Gretchen — she cannot possibly defeat, she makes it her goal to kill Madoka in order to prevent her from becoming a witch. She attempts this by nominating Yuma as a magical girl candidate and sending Kirika to hunt other magical girls in order to distract Kyubey from making a contact with Madoka.
- Kirika Kure (呉 キリカ Kure Kirika?)
- A magical girl who is using her powers to hunt down her own kind. As a girl who had no interest in anything and was often bothered, she became infatuated with Oriko, the one person who paid attention to her, and made a contract with Kyubey in order to change her personality, so she could become friends with Oriko. She has a strong admiration for Oriko and will do anything she asks her, including killing other magical girls. When transformed, she wields a pair of powerful claws and has the ability to slow down her enemies (as well as herself), giving the impression of her moving quickly. When Oriko is confronted by the other magical girls, she willingly becomes a witch to protect her, but is ultimately killed by Kyōko, Mami and Yuma.
- Yuma Chitose (千歳 ゆま Chitose Yuma?)
- A young girl who Kyōko encounters after her parents are killed by a witch. She was often abused by her parents and wants to become useful to her, going into distress whenever she feels useless. Despite Kyōko warning her not to become a magical girl, she ends up becoming one in order to save Kyōko's life due to Oriko's manipulation. She specializes in healing magic and wields a spherical hammer.
- In the alternate timeline depicted in Symmetry Diamond, she briefly meets Oriko before she ends up dying due to the abuse she received from her parents.
- Erika Mamiya (間宮 えりか Mamiya Erika?)
- Kirika's childhood friend who appears in the Oriko Magica prequel, Noisy Citrine. She had previously moved away from Mitakihara, following a fall-out with Kirika, but recently moved back there with her mother and step-father, where she encounters Kirika once more, unaware of her new personality.
- Sasa Yuuki (優木 沙々 Yūki Sasa?)
- A magical girl who appears in the Oriko Magica spin-off story, Symmetry Diamond. She has the power to manipulate witches.
- Magica Quartet（原作） 『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ KEY ANIMATION NOTE vol.5』 シャフト、シャフト、2012年7月31日。ISBN 978-4896106435
- Magica Quartet（原作）・虚淵玄（シナリオ） 『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ The Beginning Story』 ニュータイプ（編）、角川書店、2011年12月10日。ISBN 978-4-04-110045-5
- "Kana Asumi Voices New Magical Girl in 3rd Madoka Magica Film - News". Anime News Network. 2013-09-02. Retrieved 2013-12-13.