National Register of Historic Places listings in Ventura County, California
This List of Registered Historic Places in Ventura County, California is intended to describe all 36 U.S. Registered Historic Places in Ventura County. The locations of RHPs whose latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map by clicking on "Map of all coordinates".
See List of Registered Historic Places in California for other counties.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Anacapa Island Archeological District||
|2||Anacapa Island Light Station||
|Anacapa Island, Channel Islands National Park
|3||Elizabeth Bard Memorial Hospital||
|121 N. Fir St.
|4||Bardsdale Methodist Episcopal Church||
|1418 Bardsdale Ave.
||Fillmore P.O.||Bardsdale, California|
||Port Hueneme||Bard family's 62-acre (250,000 m2) estate; leased by the Navy during World War II and acquired by the government in 1951|
|6||Burro Flats Painted Cave||
||Bell Canyon||A Cave containing Chumash pictographs near the historic Chumash settlement of Hu'wam along upper Bell Creek|
|7||Calleguas Creek Site||
|8||Camarillo Ranch House||
|201 Camarillo Ranch Rd.
||Camarillo||Fifteen-room house built in 1892 by the Camarillo family, after whom the City of Camarillo is named|
|9||Case Study House No. 28||
|91 Inverness Rd.
||Thousand Oaks||Case Study House by Buff and Hensman, built 1966|
|137 Strathearn Pl.
||Simi Valley||Kit house on display at historical park with Simi Adobe and Strathearn House|
|4085 Telegraph Rd.
|12||Ebell Club of Santa Paula||
|125 S. Seventh St.
|13||George Washington Faulkner House||
|14292 W. Telegraph Rd.
|14||Feraud General Merchandise Store||
|2 and 12 W. Main St.
||Ventura||Historic bakery, now a bar|
|15||First Baptist Church of Ventura||
|101 S. Laurel St.
|16||Emmanuel Franz House||
|31 N. Oak St.
|17||Glen Tavern Hotel||
|134 N. Mill St.
|18||Thomas Gould, Jr. House||
|402 Lynn Dr.
|19||Grand Union Hotel||
|51 Ventu Park Rd.
||Newbury Park||Originally built in 1876, the structure was destroyed by fire in 1970. It was rebuilt and opened in 1976 as a historical museum, known in recent years as the Stagecoach Inn.|
|20||Grandma Prisbrey's Bottle Village||
|4595 Cochran St.
||Simi Valley||Folk art assemblage made out of bottles and other found objects begun in 1956 by Tressa Prisbrey|
|21||Joel McCrea Ranch||
|4500 N. Moorpark Rd.
||Thousand Oaks||Working ranch run by actor Joel McCrea from the 1930s to the 1970s|
|22||Mission San Buenaventura and Mission Compound Site||
|Bounded by Poli St., Ventura and Santa Clara Aves., and Palm St.
|4200 Olivas Park Dr.
||Ventura||The only early two-story adobe in the Santa Clara River Valley; small one-story adobe built in 1837 was expanded in 1849 by Don Raimundo Olivas|
|24||Oxnard Public Library||
|424 S. C St.
||Oxnard||Former Carnegie library converted into an art museum, now known as Carnegie Art Museum|
|25||Henry T. Oxnard Historic District||
|F and G Sts., between Palm and 5th Sts.
||Oxnard||District of historic homes located near downtown Oxnard|
|26||Charles M. Pratt House||
|1330 Foothill Rd.
|5164 E. Telegraph Rd.
|28||St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel||
|130 W. Ojai Ave.
|29||San Buenaventura Mission Aqueduct||
|234 Canada Larga Rd.
||Ventura||Ruins of 7 mile (11 km) aqueduct built by Native Americans to bring water from the Ventura River to the San Buenaventura Mission|
|30||San Miguel Chapel Site||
|Thompson Blvd. and Palm St.
|31||Santa Paula Hardware Company Block-Union Oil Company||
|1003 E. Main St.
|32||Simi Adobe-Strathearn House||
|137 Strathearn Pl.
||Simi Valley||Old adobe and Victorian house built in 1892 that were the homestead of the Ranch Simi|
|33||SS WINFIELD SCOTT (Steamship)||
|34||Ventura County Courthouse||
|501 Poli St.
|26 S. Chestnut
||Ventura||Historic theater now a popular music venue in downtown Ventura|
|36||Women's Improvement Club of Hueneme||
|239 E. Scott St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Ventura County, California.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in California
- List of National Historic Landmarks in California
- California Historical Landmarks in Ventura County, California
- The latitude and longitude information provided is primarily from the National Register Information System, and has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For 1%, the location info may be way off. We seek to correct the coordinate information wherever it is found to be erroneous. Please leave a note in the Discussion page for this article if you believe any specific location is incorrect.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 1, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "City Map - Public Version - Parks Configuration". City of Ventura. Retrieved July 6, 2013.