List of Romanichals
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page makes mention of prominent individuals of Romanichal descent.
List of Romanichals
- listed alphabetically by surname
- Adam Ant (born 1954) – English punk/New Wave musician; of Romanichal descent
- Augustine Bearce – a Romanichal deported by the British authorities to the colonies in America in 1638; early Plymouth colonist
- Caleb Botton – English writer and filmmaker
- Rodney Smith - British evangelist who conducted evangelistic campaigns in the United States and the UK
- Jake Bowers – journalist and broadcaster
- Charles Chaplin – actor, director; of 1/4 Romanichal descent
- Tracey Emin - British artist shortlisted for the Turner Prize, also known as one of the chief Young British Artists of the late 20th century
- Louise Doughty – English writer
- David Morley - British poet, critic, anthologist, editor and scientist
- Jentina - British Hip hop/R&B singer, rapper, songwriter and model
- Jackie Leven - Scottish songwriter and folk musician
- Xavier Petulengro - writer and broadcaster, who frequently broadcast on BBC radio in the 1930s and 1940s,
- Freddy Eastwood – Welsh footballer (Southend United)
- George Bramwell Evens – English journalist and writer
- James Squire Farnell – grandson of James Squire and the first Australian-born Premier of New South Wales
- Johnny Frankham – English light heavyweight boxer who knocked Cassius Clay (Muhammed Ali) to the floor in an exhibition fight
- Francis Hindes Groome – English writer
- Ian Hancock – Romani scholar and activist, born in UK, living in USA, Professor at the University of Texas.
- Bob Hoskins – actor; of 1/4 Romanichal descent
- Raby Howell – nineteenth century English footballer (Liverpool, Sheffield United and Preston North End)
- Darren M. Jackson – English mixed martial arts fighter
- Joe Longthorne (born 1955) – English singer and impressionist
- Cher Lloyd (born 1993) - English singer and rapper, mother is Romanichal.
- Róisín Mullins (born 1982) - English & Irish TV presenter, TV talent show judge, professional Irish dancer, stage show owner and choreographer.
- Billy Joe Saunders – English boxer who won silver and became the first Romani boxer to represent Great Britain at the 2008 Olympic Games
- Elanor Smith (1902–1945) – English writer of popular novels often romanticized historical and Romani setting; she believed her paternal great-grandmother to have been Romanichal
- James Squire – on the First Fleet to Australia; founder of the Australian brewing industry in 1798
- Dennis Troy (born 1983) - 1/2 Romanian, the first of his family, the Lacramioara to be born in the United States after the Cold War. Grew to be a prominent writer and actor. Currently residing along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
- Henry Wharton – English middleweight boxing champion
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (May 2014)|