List of Russian legal historians
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Russian Legal Historians)
Russian legal historians, scholars who study Russian law in historical perspective, include:
- Boris Chicherin (1828-1904)
- John N. Hazard (1909-1995), leading American sovietologist and expert on Russian law.
- William E. Butler (1939-), distinguished professor of law at Dickinson School of Law, Penn State University.
- Harold J. Berman (1918-2007), Harvard law professor and expert on Russian law.
- Maksim Kovalevsky, professor of legal history at St. Petersburg University.
- Evgeny Pashukanis (1891-1937), head of Soviet Institute of State and Law, executed by Stalin in the Great Purge.
- Grigory Tunkin (1906-1993), professor of international law at Moscow State University.
- Friedrich Martens (1845-1909), considered the Russian 'father' of modern international law.
- V.E. Grabar, author of influential History of International Law in Russia (1847-1917)
- V.A. Nezabitovsky (1824-1883)
- D.I. Kachenovsky (1827-1873), influential liberal jurist in Russia.
- Peter Maggs
- John Quigley (academic)
- F.J.M. Feldbrugge (1933- ), professor of international law at Leiden University, former Dean of Law Faculty of Leiden University and leading sovietologist. Editor of Encyclopedia of Soviet Law and author of Medieval History of Russia (Nijhoff, 2009).
- Aleksandr Gradovsky (1841-1889)
- Konstantin Kavelin (1818-1885)
- Nikolay Korkunov (1855-1904)
- Dmitry Samokvasov (1843—1911)
- Dmitri Kachenovsky (1827-1872), influential Russian jurist, founder of international codification movement.
- Leonid Alekseevich Kamarovsky, professor of international law at Moscow State University.
- Peter Berngardovich Struve (1870-1944), father of Legal Marxism.
- I. A. Pokrovskii
- Evgeny A. Korovin (1892-1964), professor of international law, Moscow State University.
- Mikhail Taube (1869-1961), famous scholar of international law.